[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finally get around watching pic related >starts off pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: daredevil-suit.jpg (916 KB, 1224x760) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-suit.jpg
916 KB, 1224x760
>finally get around watching pic related
>starts off pretty strong, impressed by the level of attention to all the details like acting, music cinematography, scenario, dialogue. Basically nothing's left out and it's relatively believable for what it is.
>last few episodes get considerably weaker
>goes full blown saturday morning capeshit in the final episode
pic related sums up pretty well what happens to the show. Damn. How is season 2 ?
>>
Please describe what you mean when you say "full blown saturday morning capeshit"
>>
>>68103879
Worse in every possible way. Now some fanboys will defend this shit after me, but don't trust them, I had the same reaction as you with the first season, gave an opportunity to the second one and regretted it.
>>
>>68103879
Season 2 follows the exact same pattern.
>>
File: 14491964.png (334 KB, 556x556) Image search: [Google]
14491964.png
334 KB, 556x556
>>68103948
>only my opinion is right if anyone disagrees with me they're completely wrong
>>
Loved both seasons besides latter parts of s2 where constant ninja's just got a bit silly.
>>
Similar deal in terms of quality, but I'd say it was better overall. Punisher was great. Elektra was okay. Stick was fun.
The hand were boring garbage
>>
>>68104109
This. Still enjoyed it for qt elektra
>>
>>68103879

Season 2 is 4 episodes long and really good. Everything after is basically season 3 and much MUCH weaker.
>>
>>68104109
>Punisher was great. Elektra was okay.
Elektra was better than Punisher.
>>
>>68103879

Without delving too much into spoilers, s2 is much worse when it comes to those grievances you have. The first 4 or 5 episodes that focus on the Punisher are fucking great, but then the main antagonist changes half way through to the point where it almost feels like a S3. It doesn't help that the motivations behind the second threat are kept so vague to the point that it's really hard to give a shit about what's going on and just wishing that Frank would come back and deliver us.

Worth a watch, but the drop in quality and change of pace is very jarring.
>>
You guys are upset that your comic book show is like a comic book?

I'll never understand what you want from anything.
>>
>>68104233
Nah. I liked the development The Punisher had from total villain to anti-hero to someone you totally want to have a happy ending.
Elektra's plot went too fast. She was just kinda there and then she got killed.
I couldn't feel emotions about anything that happened to her. Also she was a cunt
>>
>>68103938
instead of taking cape elements to make an interesting story, they take the story and make it follow the cape structure. It becomes very straightforward, there's the bad guy, and there's the good guy catching him and beating him up. Taking an entire super secret organization just with one snitch. The final fight scene makes little to no sense, the dialogue is unfulfilling. There's a dozen or so cops who get killed with the first arrest but let's surrender him to the cops again and somehow the second time it works.

Also, that old woman who pulls a kung fu move on daredevil, nigger please.
>>
File: whatigotdds2.png (734 KB, 2195x499) Image search: [Google]
whatigotdds2.png
734 KB, 2195x499
Pic related
>>
>>68103879
Am I the only one who liked the costume on the left? It was simple, practical and menacing. Daredevil's red suit looks silly with the horns and all.
>>
>>68104500
>practical
Yeah, that's why Matt kept getting all those serious injuries.
>>
>>68103938
He means the main character started wearing a superhero suit and his brain couldn't handle it.
>>
>>68104500

I preferred it. I like the actor playing Daredevil, but I don't think his face suits the costume. I also don't really get everyone in the show thinking he's 11/10 lookswise but maybe I'm jealous and lying to myself
>>
>>68104500
it looked good, but it wasn't terribly good. First of all Ben should have recognized his voice, and a little bit of armor would have helped. However the final costume makes his face look like absolute shit.
>>
Frank needs his own show, it would do much better than fucking Jessica Jones or Loras the iron fister.
>>
>>68104633
They fixed the mask in S2, it looks much sleeker now.
>>
>>68103948
>>68103879
Agreed. Less story-drive and less character development. No central antagonist driving the story. Action scenes out of the ass. Less attention to detail. No longer feels grounded, feels like a comic book. They drop almost all of the subtlety/ambiguity regarding supernatural elements. Basically it becomes a popcorn action flick. It becomes just another live action comic book show.

Still entertaining but not the same show, really.
>>
>>68103879
>>starts off pretty strong, impressed by the level of attention to all the details like acting,

Acting was the show's weakest point starting out. Foggy and that blonde chick were fucking terrible.
>>
>>68104982
I haven't seen that many shows with this consistent level of acting. Foggy and Karen were fine, they helped a lot with diversifying the mood.
>>
>>68104572
He is a qtpie though
>>
>got to episode 4 of season 2
>too spooked to keep going
>>
>>68104982
Foggy literally kills the show whenever he's on screen. I've never wanted a character to die so badly.
>>
>>68103879
Both seasons some of the best capeshit I've seen in television.

Both seasons have that one excellent hallway fight coreography filmed in one shot.
>>
Punisher and Fisk were fantastic
dealing with Karen and Foggy was fine
Elektra was okay
magic ninjas were fucking bullshit and I hated every minute of it
>>
>>68106537
oh man Punisher/Fisk prison episode is everything I wanted since I was a kid
>>
>>68103879
Season 2 is solely carried by the Punisher

YOU HEAR THAT, WITCH?
>>
>>68106619

the whole prison part was amazing

only thing that I'd change is how Fisk let him out just like that, I'm sure he was powerful but fuck me, Punisher was way too high profile
>>
>>68104378
She was an alien, basically. Setup for Iron Fist shit.
>>
>>68103879
>hey people love our superhero series because of it's realism
>I know, lets add in some undying ninjas!
>Can't go wrong with ninjas
just fuck my show up senpai
>>
>>68107207
>you can't hear their heartbeat
>you have to go deeper
>listen to their breathing
how the fuck is hearing breath DEEPER than HEARING A FUCKING HEARTBEAT
>>
>>68103879
I thought it lagged along in the middle, especially with the Elektra arc, but overall it left a good taste in my mouth and I really liked the Punisher
>>
>people complaining about ninjas in Daredevil
>people complaining about mystical shit
I hope none of you watch Iron Fist because his powers literally come from training in a hidden city and beating the shit out of a Dragon.
>>
>>68103879
I loved the punisher and his story, but there was a second story about some ancient order of immortal ninjas I didn't care at all about. I wish netflix would give the punisher his own show but they said they wouldn't even though everyone seems to love this portrayal. Maybe a movie at least.
>>
>>68107343
>>68107204
who the fuck is that ? some villain from the comic ? I wish they would have just kept it at defeating fisk and his other mafia guys. maybe Bring a few other characters along the way like that old blind dude. End it clean within 3 to 4 seasons.
>>
File: Punisher Max.png (4 MB, 1914x1030) Image search: [Google]
Punisher Max.png
4 MB, 1914x1030
>>68107434
>they said they wouldn't
I don't think they meant it.
>>
>>68103948
>Worse in every possible way.
true, but the first 4 episodes with punisher were GOAT.
the rest of the season with Elektra was pure unaltered shit.
>>
>>68107343
It was just done so cartoony. At least in Batman Begins I could take the ninjas seriously, they even use guns later on. But these guys in Daredevil are just joke fodder.

That scene with like a million of them on the rooftops? That was ridiculous come on
>>
>>68103879
S2 is still good, just not as good as S1 also the 3 final episodes are pretty lame. i still recommend watching it for Punisher alone
>>
>>68104233
i would punch you in the face right now you deluded faggot
>>
>>68107434
we all know a punisher series is coming
>>
File: Iron Fist.jpg (129 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Iron Fist.jpg
129 KB, 720x540
>>68107485
A hero who got his powers from beating the shit out of a dragon.

He was raised and trained in the hidden mystical city of Kun Lun along with the other people like Gao. He is a normal human otherwise.
>>
File: 1459979103511.jpg (175 KB, 629x754) Image search: [Google]
1459979103511.jpg
175 KB, 629x754
>>68103879
Season 1 was great up until the last episode which was bad

Season 2 is great for the first 4 episodes then alternates between mediocre and straight up bad, with a few great scenes sprinkler in between

Does anyone else think the fight choreography got worse in season 2? Obviously Elektra's fights are garbage but even Matt seems to be worse.
>>
>>68107636
does it have anything to do with DD or are they just scraping comics to fill their storyline ?
>>
>>68107741
Iron Fist is one of those heroes who crosses paths with Daredevil the way Batman sometimes encounters Green Arrow

They're not really related though, beyond the fact that they both sometimes fight the Hand
>>
File: NErxTIodyY9jvr_1_2.jpg (280 KB, 800x917) Image search: [Google]
NErxTIodyY9jvr_1_2.jpg
280 KB, 800x917
>>68107741
He's part of the Defenders roster they are setting up. He's also Luke Cage's best buddy.

And since DD is tying up with certain asian groups (Hand) they introduced references to Kun Lun through Gao.

Oh and I forgot to mention but he's kinda like those wuxia heroes with chi kung fu powers.
>>
>>68107719
it gets a little weaker even before the final episode in my opinion. Like, I don't know how many fucking times Karen has to get herself in trouble to realize she'll get herself and others around killed. Then that Wesley guy makes the most stupid imaginable mistakes, conveniently enough nobody's watching Fisk's mother and a whole lot of other contrived scenes that just feel like it's rushed to advance the plot in the direction wanted.
>>
>>68107827
man that looks really bad. rip daredevil I guess
>>
>>68107875
>that looks really bad
Capeshit just isn't for you.
And it's clear they're making everyone grittier. Iron Fist will probably have a costume more like Matt's in first season.
>>
>>68107875
Iron Fist is getting his own series

He'll probably only meet Daredevil in the Defenders miniseries
>>
>>68103998
Pretty much. I loved both series but the endings for both are just so... unsurprising. I felt the same for Jessica Jones as well.

Season 2 of Daredevil has this amazing story line with the Punisher, but everything with Elektra and the Hand felt like it was a completely different show, and this was reflected in everything from direction to fighting styles. When Daredevil is fighting in early season 2, it's brutal, it's desperate and it's crunchy, but by the end he's fighting ninjas and it's like watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer or something. Nothing wrong with it, but it just felt so much of a departure.
>>
>>68103879
Basically, you'll love the first four episodes. Fantastic drama balancing Matt and his superhero antics with this new, extremely disturbing vigilante threat.

Then the fucking ninjas come in. There's great courtroom drama throughout with Frank, but on the whole Elektra and the Black Sky subplot made me want to kill myself.

This is coming from an unabashed capeshit lover: FUCK ELEKTRA. Literally and figuratively.
>>
>>68108512
that just pisses me off, they're afraid of not finding an audience so instead of trusting their guts they do a little bit of everything and hope for the best.
>>
>>68103879
it's a capeshit after all, don't expect much

>blind ninja/fighter
rofl
>>
>>68104686
>Less story-drive and less character development.
Bullshit, Frank Castle, Foggy is growing as a person.
>No central antagonist driving the story.
Frank Castle.
>Action scenes out of the ass.
Just like season 1.
>Less attention to detail.
Lighting was much better, fight scenes still top notch.
>No longer feels grounded, feels like a comic book.
You were fooled by the black costume like the vapid whore you are. Good job.
>They drop almost all of the subtlety/ambiguity regarding supernatural elements.
There was no subtlety and genetic experiments might pass for supernatural, but they aren't. Mysticism and ninja shit is at the core of Daredevil.
> Basically it becomes a popcorn action flick.
It never pretended to be otherwise. It's a damn good one, at it.
> It becomes just another live action comic book show.
Except an actually good one, with everything working in its favor. Trying to minimize it hardly makes the competition look better.
>>
>>68104390
Fucking kek.
>>
>>68104639
>Dissing Danny

Mate, I will fight you.
>>
>>68107636
If Gao is indeed Crane Mother she's from K'un-Zi.
>>
>>68104347
implying she got killed
>>
>>68104390
his comic costume is so superior
>>
>>68107501
All Hail Based Punisher!
>>
>>68103879
Beginning of season 2 is good. Late season 2 is rough, but i guess still worth watching for the punisher
>>
>>68109569
She did get killed. She's just going to resurrected by the Hand (shit villains btw). And I was uninterested in her plot and unaffected by her death
>>
i thought season 2 was great. even better than the 1st.

though i'll agree the last episode was a bit stupid
>>
>>68109603
His costume from the end of season 1 was fucking retarded, but once he got the "new" helmet a few episodes into season 2, it was vastly improved.
>>
>>68110998
I agree. I considered S1 just okay - the kingpin wasn't that interesting.

S2 has the punisher, who's great. The hand is mediocre but still better than 1 overall.
>>
The show excels when it's showing a gritty, desperate fight where the hero is desperately trying to take out guys as quick as possible before more show up. The hallway fight, the stairwell fight, and the prison fight are shining examples of what this show does well.

The cringeworthy kung-fu movie ninja fights are a shining example of how to completely ruin that vibe. Now I can't help but stare at the "out-of-shot" ninjas just standing around walking side-to-side waiting for the choreography to finally catch up with them. I appreciated how the 3 fights I mentioned really justified the separation of each thug, whereas the ninja fights legitimately don't make any sense. I found myself shouting at the screen, "oh come on, that one is just standing there," "why didn't that one stab him in the back?" "are these fuckers even trying to use those swords?"

I can't stand this bruce lee nonsense, it really takes away from the impact of the hero beating up a bunch of guys if they're just going to take him on one at a time. Shows and movies really need to put more effort into this nowadays.

Marvel movies are the worst offenders. I can't believe people praise those fights, the whole time I'm just thinking "why aren't they shooting, they're just waiting for cap to run up to them, that one had a clear shot, why the fuck didn't he shoot?" etc etc

takes me out of it
>>
>>68103879
Season 2 < Season 1, DESU
>>
>>68109282
I meamt "other people like Gao" to mean "other people that are like her, mystical gooks"
>>
>>68111426
The entire ninja/black sky plotline is inherently shit. Anybody who's read the comics - was it any good originally?
>>
>>68104233
Elektra was fine, but her storyline was just awful. I was invested in the trial, and every time Elektra popped up it felt like a distraction. The two storylines weren't really integrated all that smoothly. At first, when they debuted the two trailers separately making it look like Season 2 A and Season 2 B, I thought that seemed like a bad idea. After watching the piss poor way they actually blended the two storylines, however, I kind of wish they'd just told two completely separate stories.
>>
S2 is literally The Foggy and Karen show ft. Devil of hell's kitchen (who?)
>>
>>68110960
>uninterested in her plot and unaffected by her death
Not to incite a war, but I felt almost exactly the same about Superman's Death in BvS.

>>68111426
>prison fight
Frank's fights were so much more brutal and made me cringe like a motherfucker. That one where he's beating the shit out of that one dude in the diner was just...damn.

Great shit but damn.
>>
>>68111554
I agree. It went full cartoon out of nowhere. I don't necessarily hate the idea of introducing more fantastical elements to Daredevil, but the shift was so abrupt that it came off as ridiculous.
>>
>>68111688
>Not to incite a war, but I felt almost exactly the same about Superman's Death in BvS.
Don't worry about it. I actually liked BvS, but I agree 100% about Superman's death. Same thing with the "Martha" moment. The problem is Snyder. He can't direct an emotional moment to save his life. Both of those beats could have had gravity, but they come of as hilarious because Snyder might actually be a sociopath. The man is completely detached from everything besides violence.
>>
>>68111611
Yeah, while watching I was annoyed by how Matt seemed to be jumping into doing all this stuff with Elektra when there were no immediate stakes. It was just "yakuza are bad so help me" even though Matt had no reason to believe there was a big imminent threat from them that would justify abandoning the trial (which is what fucked up his personal relationships)
>>
>>68112477
I like to think he's still got some strong connection to Elektra, and that's what pulled him in.
>>
>>68111688
Punisher was without a doubt the best part of the season. His character and his action scenes are all great, and without him S2 would be extremely mediocre.
>>
>>68112537
I never liked his relationship with Elektra anyway. She enjoys killing people and daredevil obviously finds that unacceptable, but then at the end of the season he's like "let's run away together" and it made no sense.
>>
>>68103879

DD tried to be 'gritty real crime' but they mention in the first fucking episode 'the aliens smashed NY'. Half the DD cast is meant to have magic of some sort (stick and his friends), Spidey and many other characters are just next door. There was fucking undead guys early in the season.

The problem was DD trying to pass itself off as gritty and without magic, when those are not what MCU is.
>>
>>68113692
Yeah, they could have handled the transition from "guy beats up crooks" to "big threat from magic forces" a lot better. That's why the second half of s2 fell flat to me, though the punisher made it all worth watching.
>>
>>68107297
That made me angry.
>>
>>68107297

Season 2 after punisher is so shit. Plot holes galore and sudden powerups that really make no sense. Also ninja's that sort of just stand around in a circle and wait to get hit, they also had a tendency to be really, really shit at combat for well trained ancient evil ninjas.

Like that one kid that managed to sneak into DD's house. Why they fuck didn't they show up with more dudes? Why didn't they send reinforcements after that guy didn't report back? DD and Electra were fucked up and unable to respond, FINISH THEM.
>>
>>68103879
>>68103998

Holy fucking shit. This is the exact thought I had. I kept trying to explain why I hate the finale episodes of both seasons, but the show literally goes from visceral and realistic (as you'll get in a TV show) fight scenes to high-school-movie-project tier slow-mo shit at the end of the season. Every fucking time.

That slow-mo fucking throw the sticks down and punch Kingpin in the face literally had my face doing gymnastics trying to figure out why they would fucking do that and what kind of dramatic ending they were trying to go for. It was so dumb. Then in Season 2 you have Punisher fire like 4 bullets and give the fucking cheesiest nod I've ever seen and then he's off. I dunno if they're fucking with us or they really think that the mid-season action and sensibility really matches with what they keep giving us in the final episode.
>>
>>68107297
Yeah, that entire idea was bullshit. "They're trained to hide themselves" doesn't mean shit when daredevil can hear heartbeats and sense changes in density and air and shit. There is no way to hide from that without magic - and apparently the hand are magical, so why not just say they do it with fucking magic?

The hand annoyed me.
>>
>>68113771

Well stick was talking about it in season 1 as well. It's just not handled well. Did they want to pretend magic didn't exist? Why are the characters so unwilling to accept magic after the aliens of avengers 1?

Normally everyone accepts magic, mutants and super tech is real, but the MCU is still trying to go down the 'shocking change to society' path even though shield, hydra etc have been operating for fucking decades. None of it makes sense particularly when there's meant to be mutants and other magic around pretty frequently in the marvel universe.

Presentation of 'world of normal' transitioning to 'world of magic and super tech' is done fucking badly in all MCU TV series. Agents of shield was fucking infuriating to watch during it's first season.
>>
>>68104300
I don't think you understand the point of his post. He's saying there was a certain quality and way of doing things laid out by 75% of the season and then it just goes full retard in the last episode or 2 and seems like a different show entirely. Not just the writing. The shots, the mannerisms, the acting. Like everything turns heel on us with no real reason.
>>
>>68113886
>Like that one kid that managed to sneak into DD's house. Why they fuck didn't they show up with more dudes? Why didn't they send reinforcements after that guy didn't report back? DD and Electra were fucked up and unable to respond, FINISH THEM.

He's the only one that followed them there.
He was the one that didn't go get reinforcements and fucked trying to take out DD and Elektra.
He was just a kid that was trying to make a name for himself in the mystical ninja game but he mom's spaghetti'd it.
>>
>>68107297
>>68114019
I'm confused by this. I thought he couldn't hear the heartbeats cause they had their hearts removed. That was the point of the autopsy scene with Claire, right?

But then they breathe? And this kid

>>68114205

has a heart beat?
>>
>>68114360
He says that they mask their heartbeats. As for how that's done, I don't fucking know.
>>
>>68114076
Season 3 really should have a 4 episode mini-arc talking about Civil War/Avengers and reminding the audience there was a alien invasion in this city and it explains a LOT of why its like this, one of the common complaints is people who forget this fact.
>>
>>68103879
he looks like a retarded daredevil on the right.
>>
>>68108763
Fanaboys not even once.
>>
>>68103879
>capeshit
Using that word makes your opinion worthless by association. Also, season twos major flaw was the entirety of Electra's arc - especially the ninjas but also how unlikable her character comes across. I know I'm supposed to care for her but I seriously want her to fuck off and let the Punisher take the stage.
>>
>>68111426
>final rooftop fight
>daredevil and elektra getting ready to open the door and fight for their lives
>"how many are there, Matt?"
>"too many to count"
>open door to rooftop
>there's maybe 20 ninjas on the roof
>the ninjas from the bottom of the stairwell never show up
>Nobu tells 4 mooks to finish off DD when he just chewed through the other 20
really underwhelming final fight
>>
>>68108763
>Frank Castle
>central antagonist
>>
>>68115261
>I have nothing
Pay attention, fucko.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.