[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fear the Walking Dead Hype Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 3
File: FTWD.jpg (12 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
FTWD.jpg
12 KB, 182x268
Ok, so I know that walking dead is plebian, but I still can't help myself. I'm fucking hype for tonights episode. Anyone else? Predictions?
>>
I hope the Alycia insest scene happens soon.
>>
>>68100541
agreed. hottest girl in twd tbqh.

Idk, I just feel optimistic that they will be able to avoid the shit show that the original series is in
>>
>>68100656
yeah hopefully, it won't take place to long on that fucking boat though.
could be the farm all over again
>>
>>68100541
Her dying on The 100 has caused such problems.
Fat whales boycotting the show. Trying to get it cancelled. Rating the episodes 1/10. Getting crap trending on Twitter.

Careful she doesn't bring that crazy fan base here.
>>
>>68100700
agreed. That part scares me. I'm excited though because it looks like shit is getting really fucked up
>>
>>68100700
Im excited for the boat, they could make it heart of darkness dirfting past more and more fucked up shit.

TWD got bogged down in the wooded area and the show really suffers for it. Theres really no direction, they just walk around in circles meeting and fighting new groups.
>>
shit show
>>
>>68100783
the urban setting is the best part of the show. I agree.
>>
>>68100541
Nah. She needs to get BLACKED again
>>
based ophelia though
>>
You shouldn't support this shit after the finale.
>>
>>68101267
>implying i don't just download 100% of the tv/films i watch
>>
>shit heads deluding themselves into thinking it won't be the same shit as TWD
>when last year everyone bitched it was literally the same shit as TWD
>AMC will be taking more plays out of their playbook this season

Upping the order to 16 episodes isn't a huge red flag? Because it should be. The only reason this show exists is so AMC can run TWD year round.
>>
>>68101337
Well then carry on.
>>
>>68101373
>urban setting not woods
>not pigeon holed into following a shit comic
>have 6 years of experience on what works and what doesn't
>no shit children actors
>more compelling story about how humans deal with the start of the apocalypse

Yeah, no reason to think it'll be different
>>
>>68101571
>camp drama
>generic evil military guys
>just skip the collapse completely

Yes, such a compelling story about the beginning of the apocalypse. Did you even watch last season, when we got cucked out of seeing the downfall, which was the pitch and premise of the show to begin with, and went right to the soap opera tier relationship drama crap?
>>
fuck off aMC shill

stuff your low budget turd in the toilet
>>
>>68100081
We don't discuss this show
>>
>>68101571
>urban setting
>seafaring
>dunes and desert

Season 1 was by and large suburban setting. Being in a boat, floating off the coast, doesn't qualify as an urban setting. Just because there's a few minor differences doesn't mean it's automatically going to be better. They already are skimping on the budget by setting most of it inside various houses and showing like one zombie an episode, maybe.
>>
>>68101715
The downfall hasn't happened yet. Plus the military thing is over now. Its still in the beginning stages, lots of living humans, a shit ton of dead, and people having no idea what to do.
>>
>>68101834
>being so autistic you believe you represent an entire board on 4chan

wew
>>
>>68100081

only water..another dad and son drama..mother and daughter drama..
>>
>>68101860
Society already collapsed tho. Were practically at the same point in time as when Rick came out of his coma. This show skipped over its entire premise already.
>>
>>68100825
Nah, she needs to be SPIC'D by her brother.
>>
From the previews you know the following is happening

The airplane crashes in the ocean or beach

The zombies are from the airplane crash or from the city

Los Angeles gets fire bombed
>>
>>68101917
This.

Lied about a concept just to have The Walking Dead 2 airing whenever The Walking Dead isn't. AMC is milking it for everything it's got, and why shouldn't they?

Retards lap it up like milk.
>>
>>68101917
I don't think we know for sure. We saw a collapse, but LA is huge. By the time twd started everything had gone to shit for months already. People are going to struggle with killing the zombies as well as the first groups of humans will start forming. I think it'd be interesting to see how groups and people like the Governor and Negan became who they are.
>>
>>68102048
A month most had passed during Ricks coma and that's assuming that it started immediately following Rick going into the coma.
>>
>>68101917
because a zombie apocalypse can only spread when everyone is acting reatrded and basics like quarantine etc. are ignored

just go with it
>>
>>68102079
You are literally wrong though. Rick woke up around day 59
>>
>>68102048
The only thing interesting imo will be seeing cucks and shills trying to hype it up and sell it week after week, and fools trying to convince themselves it's different and better than TWD, when last season already showed it's the same damn thing.
>>
>>68102203
>i don't like it so people that do must be shills!

Wow, you're like, really clever and stuff.
>>
>>68102260
I only ironically watch it to make fun of the retards that actually like it!!! XDDDD
>>
>>68102260
>>68102292
Triggered
>>
I hope that they kill off one or two main characters in the first couple episodes. They have the ability to kill whoever they want because they don't have to abide by the comics
>>
>>68102625
As long as its not the based black dude. He could carry this show with how bland the other characters are.
>>
>>68102857
I pretty much only like him, the druggy kid and sometimes travis. But I feel like itll get better. We've only seen 6 episodes.
>>
>>68102857
Id like to see everyone slowly die off until it's just the black guy and the based barber and they work together to dominate the apocalypse in a way that is only ever approached through "What if Lori died in that accident and Rick and Shane became bros instead" discussions.
>>
>>68103183
wouldn't mind too much desu. Or maybe one of them becomes a governor esc person.
>>
>>68102857

He's pretty smooth. Apart from his CGI Boat.
>>
I hope the boat is just like terminus. Around for maybe 1 or 2 episodes. Could provide some awesome scenes of firebombing etc.
>>
>>68103382
Yeah I was thinking they both become Governor types. Like Strand is the leader but Salazar is his advisor and executioner. Kind of like how Shane wasn't quite a leader, but more of a field captain under Rick.
>>
>>68103660
I think it should be around just long to explore all the usual seafaring shit, with zombies, then it sinks and theyre left up shit creek. So like 4 or 5 episodes tops.
>>
is the show any good?
>>
>>68103870
>>68103956
I hope one of them becomes evil and maybe the nemesis of the main group.

And hopefully tops 4-5 eps. I want the story to keep moving and I want some sweet shots of them wandering around downtown LA or something.
>>
>>68104345
I think it succeeds in ways that twd fails in. It is legitimately nerve racking in the sense that there isn't the same plot armor. Also, the whole environment is way cooler than the perpetual woods of twd.
>>
>>68104653
I also felt a strong sense of fear (pun) while watching the show. Something that always seems to escape me when I watch TWD. Especially the first couple of episodes while the shit was building up. That short and brutal intro, with that theme too.
>>
>>68100081
It's a hit or miss season. Either it's going to be even more interesting than TWD (except for the finale) or it'll be another BCS where literally nothing happens.
>>
>>68100817
>urban
City full of zombies and no people doesn't exactly sound interesting. Even Alexandria and the other compounds are located in the suburbia.
>>
>>68104789
>>68104809
I agree. It was much more suspenseful since i've felt in twd since season 1.

This season is going to be very telling on whether they can succeed.
>>
>>68101917
Not really, half the city fleed at the beginning, as mentioned in the novels. There will still be lots and lots of people around until the first winter hits.
>>
>>68100778
very sad ;_;
>>
>>68104864
There will be people though. Plus I'm talking about a city. Like when they were in atlanta.
>>
>>68102161
Look at America and tell me that everyone isn't retarded. And the infection doesn't spread by bites, it just happens once you're dead, so no matter how good you quarantine, people will stay revive once they die.
>>
>>68104980
yeah, but getting bit escalates the infection. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>68105028
Only in densely populated countries like India, Japan or China where they live back to back and don't have any weapons. In the West, bites only make up for a very small portions of death causes, the majority being caused by panic and the lack of medicine and doctors 2 weeks after the outbreak.
>>
>>68105109
the main problem is most people in the US aren't ok with just shooting people in the head. Thats what ftwd tries to show. It escalated because people were rioting against the police and then would get shot by the police or bit in the chaos. Also because many people deny it. Americans generally dont just go around killing people.
>>
>>68105231
There are enough maniacs in the USA who would shoot a random person in the head for no reason (especially niggers). And most of them are only holding back because they don't want to go to prison.
>>
>>68105303
Not enough to quell a global pandemic. Most people would kill zombies eventually, but they would still think theres a cure or repercussions at the beginning. Thats the problem with your reasoning, it would only take the first zombie where they hesitate and theyd be bit. Like travis almost was. Plus most people, the first zombie they would encounter would probably be someone they know.

Also, this takes place in LA. People on the coasts are generally more scared of guns than anything. In texas or the midwest, it could be different. Less population, more guns.
>>
This is one of the worst shows that actually managed to be renewed. Kill yourselves
>>
QUEER THE WALKING DEAD
>>
>>68100081
I predict that it's gonna sink and people will stop watching it. I mean, i kinda hope for you guys.
I couldn't finish the first season cause it was so shitty...we all deserve a better show, let's be real.
There are thousands of other better tv shows to watch. Let's not watch shit just because we can.
>>
>>68100081
Great show, but
>don't like the dad
>don't like the retarded edgy spic dad

It needs more people, can't just follow these same characters, they're getting tired.
>>
File: 1452688583255.png (206 KB, 389x311) Image search: [Google]
1452688583255.png
206 KB, 389x311
>>68105575

>great show
>>
>>68105575
I'm hoping they kill some off and change the rest while adding a few more. Edge lords in this thread are hating things that are popular.
>>
>>68105486
>There are thousands of other better tv shows to watch.
Give me a list please. I beg you.
>>
>>68100081
When is it airing?
>>
>>68105461
the renewal is most likely also linked with the original twd. Whatever you might think about it, it's successful and AMC tries to make the most out of it, even another series that is baically the same
>>
>>68105662
He better not even bother listing anything from ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, TBS, TNT, WPN, the CW or any other garbage like that
>>
not much else is on so I'll watch it.

They said this season will focus more on the outbreak, but I'm not sure how that will work since so much time has passed and they are alone on a boat.
>>
>>68105692
9est.
>>
>>68105662

Not the poster you're quoting but why would anyone waste their time showing you better tv when you're clearly a gigantic fucking pleb?
>>
>>68105692

9pm central time tonight i believe
>>
>>68105765
its 8 central
>>
>>68105759
>Not the poster you're quoting
Then why did you bother answering? I clearly wasn't asking you.
>>
>>68105808

Because the fact that you think there isn't a large library of shows currently out that are better just paints you as a retarded pleb that no amount of positive reinforcement would help
>>
>>68105916
>he doesn't like what i do
FUCKING PLEB
>>
>>68105916
Again, did I ask for your "constructive" input?
>>
not taking walking pleb off your dvr the moment scruffy aids negan showed up
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.