[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How don't they die from hypothermia or pneumonia by walking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
How don't they die from hypothermia or pneumonia by walking in the cold water and sleeping onto the snow?

And what grass did the Indian use when sprinkled Glass' wounds?
>>
>>68098497
they have heavy fur coats, are used to being outside and aren't pussies

probably weed
>>
>>68098667
>they have heavy fur coats
you can have the heaviest fur coats in the world but still die because your shoes are wet and there is winter outside
>>
>>68098497
they slept in their trailers
>>
>>68098497
If you think this is unrealistic why don't you go back in time and ask Hugh Glass how he did it
>>
>>68098497
It's the ice cold water part that bothers me more than anything. A body can be conditioned to deal with cold temps to a degree. But a dip into a sub zero river isn't going to be negated by a camp fire.
>>
>>68098945
Maybe it's because it was June in the real story?
>>
Bear Gylls did it naked tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-AU9USo7Ac&nohtml5=False
>>
>>68099004
Yeah it will.

People dive into ice water for fun. t. North Euro
>>
>>68099229

you do realize all bear grylls shows are bullshit, right?
>>
>>68099296
yeah but not with their clothes on
>>
>>68099296

if you get your clothes wet you're fucked
>>
>>68099352
I mean, he literally swam through ice water butt naked. The footage is right there. If i remember correctly he gets out after lights a fire and starts doing press-ups to increase his body temperature
>>
>>68099469

>I mean, he literally swam through ice water butt naked.

wow amazing. this is something people in northern yurop do for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is
>>
>>68098945

He probably didn't do 99% of the shit that happened after coming out of the grave
>>
>>68099558
Yeah so you agree with me. It's entirely possible to survive a swim through freezing cold water. That was my point.
>>
>>68099628

not with clothes on though
>>
>>68099676
Take em off when you get out.
>>
>>68099740

youll freeze to death before you can dry em in the situation hugh glass was in
>>
>>68099676
Fur resists moisture you know.
>>
>>68099788
Are you sure?
>>
>>68099788

He is shown warming his hands upon exiting the water so that he can build a fire with them. He probably knows that he is fucked if he doesn't build a fire. In the next scene, he has a fire going and he has most likely dried his clothes.
>>
>>68098770
so they dry their shoes. they both know how to make a fire
>>
>>68098497
How did people who come from Northern climates live for literally thousands of years?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.