[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What streaming services does /tv/ subscribe to? I currently have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Netflix-logo1.png (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Netflix-logo1.png
105 KB, 1280x720
What streaming services does /tv/ subscribe to? I currently have Netflix and Hulu but I've been thinking about switching Hulu for Amazon prime. The two seem similar in their selection and Amazon has all the added benefits associated with prime. The only downside is the price is upfront as opposed to a subscription based plan.
>>
>not renaming it image.jpg

Pretty low tier effot, tbqhwy.
>>
>the price is upfront as opposed to a subscription based plan

That's not really the correct English.
>>
Does amazon prime actually have a pretty good library? I never considered that would be a notable feature of prime.
>>
why don't you get the high speed internet and have them tack on basic cable? It's like 20-30 bucks max.

Is this a dorm thing? Apartments where you can't run cable? Country people doing OTA-HD and this?

I have looked into it and I just don't see what the benefits are compared to high speed internet and tv combo from a cable or fiber provider.

Plus you get no sports except what is on OTA-HD
>>
I tried the amazon prime trial and when I was commuting

>You cannot watch content over data, connect to wifi

lol dropped, sorry Amazon, not all of us are poorfags not on unlimited data plans
>>
>>68084492
I have cable and high-speed internet already. Streaming is just a convenient service to have.
>>
I like Netflix because I can watch Star Trek or Herc and Xena any time I like but right now it feels like that's all they have.
>>
I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO GO.

Amazon is constantly buffering on my PS3 though, it's such a fucking bummer. Anyone know of a fix for it?
>>
>>68084440
It pretty much has the same content as Netflix without the filler.
>>
I have netflix and hulu, I want to get Amazon Prime but 100 dollars a year is scaring me off, however I suppose its less than hulu just upfront
>>
>Paying for anything other than an internet connection
>>
>>68084546
>I have cable and high-speed internet already. Streaming is just a convenient service to have.

I guess but that just seems like a lot of tv. My cable company includes a streaming service already to the tablets and whatnot plus I just get netflix exclusives on torrents and the whole season is there in a few. Only Kimmy and Trailer Park Boys though nothing else has really grabbed me.
>>
>>68084775
Well I mean, we are posting on a board called /tv/.
>>
>>68084655
Hook an ethernet cable up from your PS3 to your router if that's an option.
>>
>>68084671
This is my dilemma. I'm just wondering if it's worth having both Hulu and Prime, or if they're similar enough that I could just have one.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.