[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Objective top 10 capekino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2
File: 1458528499852.jpg (499 KB, 2404x845) Image search: [Google]
1458528499852.jpg
499 KB, 2404x845
1. Spiderman 2
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight
4. Spiderman
5. Watchmen
6. Dredd
7. Iron Man
8. Unbreakable
9. X2
10. The Dark Knight Rises (though the two hour epilogue after the plane climax was an odd choice)
>>
Also for clarification

Batman Begins>>TDK>>>>TDKR

Spiderman 2>Spiderman>>Spiderman 3
>>
>>68081513
TDK 08
MOS
CA-TWS
XM - DOFP
GOTG
BVS=BBegins=Iron Man=Mask Phantasm
>>
9/10
1. 1978 Superman
2. 2012 Dredd
3. 2004 The Incredibles
4. 1989 Batman
5. 2008 Iron Man

8/10
6. 2005 Batman Begins
7. 2002 Spider-Man
8. 1993 Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
9. 1994 The Shadow
10. 2003 X2
>>
>>68081596
>no spiderman

Dece choices otherwise

On rewatch Batman Begins is significantly better than TDK and actually has a legitimately competent bat man

Batfleck is still GOAT
>>
>>68081513
Actually switch TDKR with Batman Returns
>>
>>68081651
No Spiderman as I never liked the lead or the redhead and its mostly just too campy and silly.

And bullshit, TDK is a flawless fucking movie besides Maggie being unattractive.
>>
>>68081513

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Iron Man
3. TDKR
4. X2
5. Chronicle
6. GOTG
7. Avengers
8. Spider-Man
9. Iron Man 3
10. Winter Soldier
>>
>>68081513
I will use the first ten lists provided in this thread to compile an objective top 10.
>>
>>68081710
Not saying TDKR is bad but begins batman was far more effective and seemed like the kind of thing criminals would be afraid of (that container scene is GOAT)

TDK is great but also very ambitious which can be problematic with Nolan as his coverage can be sloppy and his direction can meander a bit. Begins is concise and well executed with a more interesting Gotham (I get that dark knight Gotham is supposed to be more "cleaned up" but it's basically just Chicago which batman looks somewhat out of place in). I also hate imax sequences as aspect ratio changes are terrible for immersion and I really don't see the benefit to their use.

His suit is also worse in the TDK also, jaguar neck > pencil neck
>>
>>68081910
It's a bummer that scarecrow is under utilised though, he's great in what little he's in
>>
>>68081637
how does it feel to be retarded and a pleb at the same time
>>
>>68081950
There's nothing really bad on his list, just a few things missing
>>
>>68081950
Any specific examples you'd like to critique or do you just feel like being irritating?
Present your own top 10 so that you may seem less of a chump.
>>
>>68081513
I agree with the most, except Watchmen/The Dark Knight Rises is a pieces of shit
Dredd/Unbreakable is not capeshit, X2/Iron Man is overrated
Add Winter Soldier/Ant-Man/XMEN:DOFP and it's done
>>
The dark knight trilogy's quality is actually directly correlated to it's release date and time between releases

Best: Batman Begins
2nd: the dark knight (only three years apart so not much worse)
3rd: Rises (four years apart from TDKR and noticeably worse, 7 years away from begins and considerably worse

The competence of Nolans bat man follows the same formula

None of the movies are bad though and are all top tier for capeshit
>>
>>68082096
I switched out TDKR with Batman begins and I'm referring to the 3 hour watchmen (fine if you don't like that either) but all of your options are pretty valid

Only one I disagree with is DOFP, only because Lawrence almost singlehandedly ruins it (it's still pretty great though)

I like all your suggestions but of them I'd say winter soldier would be the one I'd reconsider as earning top ten
>>
mad as fuck DCuck again
>>
truly OBJECTIVE top10 capekino
1.Batman Begins
2.Spider Man 2
3.Captain America The Winter Soldier
4.X-men:DOFP
5.Spider Man
6.Ant-Man
7.The Dark Knight
8.Captain America: The First Avenger
9.Guardians of the galaxy
10.Avengers
>>
>>68082173
Iron Man and 3 marvel properties are on that list
>>
>>68082196
When five of your top ten are from the MCU, you have a problem, senpai.
>>
>>68082196
Take out avengers and its a decent list
>>
I get it now, I see how it works

>in real life
>tell someone that something they're doing is stupid
>they realize it's dumb and stop doing it

>on 4chan
>tell someone what they're doing is dumb
>autism flares up and they double down the stupid behavior until it becomes normal

simple stunning
someone should write a book about you guys
>>
>5. Watchmen
No.
>>
>>68082238
What's this in relation to
>>
>>68082244
The Manhattan origin alone guaranteed it a spot m8
>>
>>68081581
Batman Begins>TDK>TDKR

Spiderman>>Spiderman 2>>>Spiderman 3

Fixed that for you.
>>
Batman Begins and Winter Soldier are literally the only good DC/Marvel movies there is
>>
>>68081513
what about the incredibles?

haven't seen it in years, but it was good, wasn't?
>>
>>68082314
BB is the sixth-best capeshit, and Winter Soldier is the sixteenth-best.

>>68082315
Incredibles is a 9/10 movie. OP is a fool.
>>
>everyone forgetting Deadpool
cry about reddit all you want, it's one of the best capeshit there is
deal with it
>>
>>68082275
THIS.

i keep telling that single sequence is the best shit done by hollywood in years
>>
>>68082339
I was unsure whether to count animated
>>
>>68082314
/thread
>>
>>68082365
Using the koyaanisqatsi music was one of the best directorial choices of Snyder's career
>>
File: deadpool-ver9-11e99.jpg (93 KB, 575x414) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-ver9-11e99.jpg
93 KB, 575x414
>>
>>68082372
That's fair, I apologise.

If we're not including animated my top 10 would be:

9/10
1. 1978 Superman
2. 2012 Dredd
3. 1989 Batman
4. 2008 Iron Man

8/10
5. 2005 Batman Begins
6. 2002 Spider-Man
7. 1994 The Shadow
8. 2003 X2
9. 2000 Unbreakable
10. 2012 The Avengers
>>
>>68082446
It was good

But there's better
>>
>>68082412
snyder is clearly a visual guy. pretty sure koya and baraka MUST BE amongst his favorites.
>>
Dredd is overrated
>>
>>68082574
Nah
>>
>>68082574
Maybe on /tv/, but as far as the rest of the world is concerned I'd say it's decidedly underrated. It bombed hard.
>>
OFFICIAL CAPESHIT LIST

1. The Dark Knight
2. Sider Man 2
3. Batman Begins
4. The Avengers
5. The Winter Soldier
6. Watchmen
7. Iron Man
8. Dredd
9. X2
10. Blade II
>>
>>68082773
>avengers
>>
>>68082793
The first Avengers was a solid 8/10 movie.
>>
>>68082864
Lol no

Whedon is a garbage writer, a worse director and the movie itself was a haphazardly stitched combination of transformers 1 and 3 but it had referential quips so it was considered witty.

Ultron was better basically only because it was more technically competent
>>
Capeshit I like (in no particular order)
Ant man
Deadpool
BvS
MoS
TDK
BB
Spiderman
Kick ass
The phantom
Batman forever
Mystery men

Capeshit I hate
Every hulk movie
Spiderman 3
Batman and Robin
Every thor movie
ASM2
Green lantern

The rest I don't care either way or haven't seen, or both.

Fuck rankings
>>
>>68082965
I didn't find it to be haphazardly stitched it all, it seemed very straightforward. The threat announces itself, the heroes are gathered, there's an "all hope is lost" to end Act 2, and then they unite and come together for the big climax. If anything it was TOO safe, not at all haphazard.

Whedon is a fine writer, he's just not very good at any sort of subtext - which is fine, because Avengers was purely a coming-together of characters from other movies. He didn't have to worry about character development or arcs, just had to throw established characters into a room and the dialogue write itself. The characters clashed well, everything moved fluidly and there were some awesome shots in there.

Also it's Alan Silvestri's best score since Back to the Future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc
>>
>>68082574
Agreed
>>
>>68081513
>objective

>>68082196
>objective

>>68082773
>official

Please all fuck off.
>>
>>68083078
>fine writer

He has literally no concept of character voice and has a compulsion to undercut potential tension with quips that (regardless of which character is saying them) follow his exact idiosyncratic notion of humorous dialogue

Compositionally it's weak, the aspect ratio was just a bizarre choice, there was no stakes at any point, the cgi was flat and derivative of similar efforts and most egregiously he received critical acclaim for a movie worse than transformers dark of the moon
>>
>>68082226
When you are a mad DCuck, you have a problem, yes.
>>
>>68083451
>DCuck
In my list of ten, only four were DC properties.
>>
>>68083309
>He has literally no concept of character voice and has a compulsion to undercut potential tension with quips that (regardless of which character is saying them) follow his exact idiosyncratic notion of humorous dialogue
I disagree, I think he hugely oversimplifies character voices, which in itself can be a disadvantage, I agree, but I wouldn't say at all that all characters are treated the same. I think Banner is just "the moody one", Stark gets all the wordier quips, Captain gets the old-fashioned honourable sort of angle, Thor gets his Shakespeare on and... I'll grant you that Hawkeye and Widow aren't fleshed out at all, but that's because, like I said, they didn't have their own solo titles beforehand.
I entirely agree with you that he's terrible at writing new characters, but he's absolutely fine with attributing basic personal qualities to already existing characters.

>the aspect ratio was just a bizarre choice,
That's not really my area of expertise, I didn't have a problem with it but I also didn't really notice it in all honesty. I believe you.

>there was no stakes at any point,
I mean... are there ever? We knew none of the main four would die, and then Coulson did die. The fact that it was undone later is a negative on the television series' part, not this movie's.

>the cgi was flat and derivative of similar efforts and
My only issue with the CGI is when Thor jumps on Hulk's back - that looked wrong. I thought the rest was fine, but that really stuck out at me and is one of many reasons I wouldn't give the movie higher than an 8/10.

>he received critical acclaim for a movie worse than transformers dark of the moon
Avengers made more money domestically and worldwide.
Avengers is higher rated on IMDb.
Avengers has higher critic and user scores on Metacritic.
Avengers has higher critic and user scores on RottenTomatoes.

The only way Dark of the Moon was possibly better than The Avengers is in your own head.
>>
*tips fedora while stepping out of the shadows*

The pitiful peons at Marvel have underestimated the power of DC one time too many. The "Marvel Cinematic Universe". Huh. A shoddily shot, messily put together series of soulless and artless wastes of celluloid designed to appeal to the base intellects of moronic manchildren still dreaming of becoming powerful as they waste their lives away masturbating to images of Black Widow.

Only a fool and a weakling of mind could gain satisfaction from watching poorly animated CGI trade weightless and impactless punches while trading quips a severely mentally retarded Thai ladyboy would find beneath him/her.

DC understand cinéma. They understand kino. DC know how to build shade and light in a performance, how to engage the minds of true enlightened souls. DC have redefined not just superhero films, but the entire film industry itself.

Mentally challenged Marvel fanboys can only begin to grasp the tectonic shift in filmmaking that has been unleashed. Critics and reviewers fail to recognize a movie far ahead of its time once again, crying on their blogs about lack of snark and quipping - failing to recognize a literal masterpiece as it unfolds before them.

The public have responded. The entire filmmaking industry has been shaken to its core. DC have changed the game utterly - a new landscape is carved, a beauty is born, a God walks among men.

*teleports away*
>>
>>68082009
>>68082078

If you put The Incredibles on a list of good capeshit, you have absolutely no credibility and your opinion is worthless. You either are a child or have the mind of a one if you enjoy this shit movie, no discussion needed.
>>
>>68084215
What were you issues with The Incredibles?
>>
>>68081513

>one year nobody knows what kino is
>the next, everyone knows which movies are objectively kino

Buzzwords.
>>
>>68082251

Nothing, their autism is just flaring up and they are doubling-down on stupidity.
>>
>>68082339

>Incredibles is 9/10

Please aid evolution and kill yourself, permanent manchild with worthless opinions.
>>
1. Avengers
2. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
3. Batman (1989)
4. Superman (1978)
5. Spider-Man 2
6. The Dark Knight
7. Iron Man
8. Captain America The Winter Soldier
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
10. The Mask
>>
is ant-man capejoint or capeflick?
>>
>>68084270

>You either are a child or have the mind of a one if you enjoy this shit movie, no discussion needed.

I guess my issue is that I'm not a spergy manchild and I don't enjoy movies made specifically for pre-pubescent children.
>>
>>68084326
wew lad
>>
>>68084337
capefeature
>>
>>68084310
>>68084386
I'm assuming these two responses are the both the same person, so I'll respond to you as one.

I don't consider The Incredibles any more "made for children" than most other capeshit.

Do you take issue with all Pixar or is that particular film a grievance to you?
>>
>>68084565

I don't take issue with Pixar movies in general, although I do dislike the 3d animated movie craze. The Incredibles is simply not a movie for anyone that isn't a child or a parent to these children. There's a reason that the characters in the movie are either under 14 or over 40, because no one outside of those age ranges should be watching it, and even the creators acknowledge that with their choice of characters.
>>
1. Watchmen
2. Batman vs. Superman
3. Unbreakable
4. Birdman
5. 300
6. Batman
7. Batman Returns
8. Superman
9. Superman II
10. Man of Steel
>>
>>68084993

Birdman and 300 are 100% definitely not capeshit, and t b h I don't really think of Unbreakable as capeshit either, despite a lot of it revolving around comics. Good movies though.
>>
>>68085219
I agree with you in terms of Birdman and 300, but would argue that Unbreakable does fall under the definition.
>>
>>68085233

I'm torn on calling Unbreakable capeshit. Yes, it has all the ingredients, but it just doesn't have the right flavor. It just doesn't really feel like a superhero movie to me.
>>
>>68085298
Lots of capeshit has different flavours. I wouldn't call Dredd and Power Rangers: Turbo the same genre at all, but they're still capeshit.

It's not like capeshit is an internationally regarded term, we've defined it here and it's just "anything with a superhero".
>>
>>68085351

I never understood how Dredd was considered capeshit either, apart from the fact that it started as a comic. He is nothing close to a superhero.

Also, I think my main issue with Unbreakable is that it's too self-aware. You don't see Batman and Captain America going out and doing what they do because they are emulating what they saw in a comicbook, they are doing it because they are actual superheroes.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.