[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there been any western films with a Chinese actor that wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: AN1-FF-017.jpg (85 KB, 800x335) Image search: [Google]
AN1-FF-017.jpg
85 KB, 800x335
Has there been any western films with a Chinese actor that wasn't an obvious shill to get the film shown in Chinese theaters?
>>
Star Wars: Rogue One
>>
Big Trouble In Little China
>>
File: 1454208346390.jpg (132 KB, 530x500) Image search: [Google]
1454208346390.jpg
132 KB, 530x500
>>68081106
The Last Emperor of China
Kundun
Every Korean war movie.
>>
File: 1459459847579.jpg (24 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
1459459847579.jpg
24 KB, 720x320
>>68081106
Batman v Superman
>>
chinatown
>>
>>68081311
she was bangin
>>
Blade Runner
>>
Shanghai Noon
>>
the disney research team is at it again!!! they have the formula down.
>>
>>68081106
There's actually a fuckload of asians on the west coast
>>
>>68081338
Too bad she was blown up
>>
If you put a person who is not a white male in a movie, it is automatically pandering to that demographic of people.
>>
Any Jackie Chan movie? Jackie Chan is 100 times more popular in the west
>>
File: harold-and-kumar.jpg (74 KB, 1074x696) Image search: [Google]
harold-and-kumar.jpg
74 KB, 1074x696
posting and obvious one
>>
>>68082352
korean + indian americans, which are amost never seen in movies.
>>
>first movie in ages that panders to latinos and chinese.
>/tv/ cries because they can't talk about BLACKED
>>
File: mooji.jpg (1 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
mooji.jpg
1 MB, 3872x2592
>>68081106
hah. he looks just like mooji
>>
>>68081434
white guy in California with an Asian girlfriend here. can confirm this. literally asian pussy wherever I go. Even manlets have a chance because all the girls are under 5'11.
>>
File: myhj005.jpg (101 KB, 800x579) Image search: [Google]
myhj005.jpg
101 KB, 800x579
>>68081106
This guy is a legend.
>>
>>68081106
No.
>>
Kill Bill, Pai Mei and peak Liu
>>
>>68082612
This is from the set of Red Sorghum, yes?
>>
There was a chinese trans woman in Stallone's Judge Dredd
>>
>>68082563

>Weeb
>asian gf
>on 4chan
>mfw stereotypes play out

kek
>>
you overestimate how much asian people like stereotypiced token characters
>>
>>68081106
Has there been any western films with a white actor that wasn't obvious pandering to white American audiences?
>>
>tfw dad hates Asians

I don't get it
>>
>>68084670

White America has the most money so that's a definitive know, mix that in with good old racism and you have a fundamental formula for a Hollywood film
>>
>>68084847
>mix that in with good old racism and you have a fundamental formula for a Hollywood film

Fuck off SJW
>>
>>68084675
was he in the korean conflict or something? my dad was in vietnam and hates asians, so maybe its something like that
>>
>>68081106
Replacement Killers?

That was supposed to be Chow Yun Fats Hollywood breakout action role but they opened alongside Titanic.
>>
>>68084675
He might also be Asian.
>>
>>68081106
The shilling in The Martian was literally appalling.
>>
>>68084896
He was in the LAPD in the 80's and is still a cop, but hasn't been in any wars. He says all they care about is money and does the "ching chong bing bong" mock accent everytime we pass one while he's driving.

I don't really give a shit about casual racism but it's just annoying
>>
>>68084871

>points out a fundamental truth
>SJW

Stop using big words you don't understand.
>>
>>68084967

>LAPD
>Bitches about LA faggots caring only about money
>kek

Your dad's a fuckhead just like every other cop in that deparment
>>
>>68084675
I sympathize with your dad.

I go to an international school, and I have a lot of experience dealing with asians from all over, not just the Chinese. None of the asians I know know how to communicate normally. For example there is this jap dude who just makes noises when he talks to you like in a Final Fantasy game. like, "Huh? Wha-?", shit like that. Another jap I know listens to Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA" like its fucking beethoven. I spent a week with a chinese chick on a road trip and she talked maybe 4 times. Also this vietnamese guy lives in a room next to me and barks like a dog because he thinks other people will think its cute and funny, but it's just annoying and forced.

Asians are just a product of their culture. When you force all the kids to study math all day, they get fucked up socially. Used to like them, but having a chinese GF finally changed my mind. They're just huge cucks
>>
>>68085069
also a girl from HK who tries to act like people she sees in anime. She literally has posters of those gay animes guys in her room.

fuck asians (for the most part)
>>
File: 1268267584315.jpg (396 KB, 1698x1719) Image search: [Google]
1268267584315.jpg
396 KB, 1698x1719
>>68085069
>When you force all the kids to study math all day, they get fucked up socially. Used to like them, but having a chinese GF finally changed my mind. They're just huge cucks.

I had the opposite experience when I was in Hawaii for college. Everyone wanted an asian roommate because they were known for being chill and minding their own business instead of constantly pranking or borrowing your shit.

The last thing you wanted was some loud white fuck from a flyover state or a fat angry nigger from LA.
>>
>>68085069
>>68085128

>All this racism

Nah you hate them because they're different from you and because of that see them in a more critical light than you do white people.

As an asian he's my perspective on white people after living the US for 20 years: Lazy, stupid, and painfully mediocre at everything they do in life. They have the stupidest fucking hobbies and do shit that makes absolutely no sense. Unhygienic on par with Mainland Chinese and have the worst fucking genes; they can only wash their hair occasionally because regular washing damages it. Culture is extremely nepotistic, meritocracy is almost nonexistent, worst than Jews when it comes to keep shit amongst themselves.The only ones who are worth a shit are Eastern Europeans but that's because their culture encourages competence and excellence.
>>
>>68084847
>>68084670
Found the cucks
>>
>>68085312
>constantly pranking

does this happen in America?
>>
>>68085516
Americans love that shit.

Hiding in closets to surprise you, filming you take a shit, putting whip creme in your hand and writing shit on your face.
>>
>>68082563
Sounds like heaven, but then again..
>California

Not worth it
>>
>>68085069
>>68085128
I don't think I have ever met an East Asian person I hated. Yeah sure, i've disliked a couple of them but most of them are like... the same. Not trying to be blatantly /pol/ or some shit but most of the guys are just like these chill, kinda quiet, clean dudes. I have met plenty of black, indian, hispanic, and hell other white guys whose guts I fucking hate.

I thank god that my other housemate is just this Korean guy who spends like 80% of his time at lab. It's common sentiment in Stanford housing that indians are the worst roommates.
>>
>>68085944
I have a lot of Indian friends, and most of them are mainly northern punjabis. they're light skinned and generally decent people. stay away from southern indians like the plague. they're everything you don't want in a human being.
>>
>>68084847
China has money now, so it makes sense that Hollywood would start using Chinese/Asian actors in their films to try to capture that audience the same way they used white actors to capture a white audience.

Genuinely, I don't get the complaint. If you're complaining it isn't "progressive" then yeah you're right but if you're complaining they're "pandering to Chinese audiences" well they've been pandering to White American audiences since the beginning of film.
>>
>>68081311
Japanese
>>
>tfw can't think of any chinese actors at all besides Jackie Chan
>>
Do the movies have to be good?
>>
>>68084930
It was in the book though
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.