[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Describe the following Star Wars character WITHOUT saying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: fds;l.jpg (197 KB, 633x620) Image search: [Google]
fds;l.jpg
197 KB, 633x620
>Describe the following Star Wars character WITHOUT saying what they look like, what kind of costume they wore, or what their profession or role in the movie was.

He is a coward. He gets scared and panics a lot, but when the stakes are high he'll overcome his fear to help friends in need. Other than that he's good natured and wants no trouble.

Is this good enough a description?

Now can someone describe Rey? I can't find any words for her.
>>
>>68065362
she's a mary sue, good enough?
>>
>>68065362

Insecure, fearful of being alone, jack of all trades.
>>
>>68065436
>master of all trades
FTFY

>insecure
when was she ever insecure? or are you going to tell me "oh she was hesitant a couple times during the movie" is "being insecure"?
>>
File: clip-art-scooby-doo-959006.jpg (48 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
clip-art-scooby-doo-959006.jpg
48 KB, 400x500
>>68065362
Sounds like scooby doo or shaggy to me.
>>
>>68065362
>Now can someone describe Rey? I can't find any words for her.
She's sweet and naive, as a cover for a deep well of sadness. She knows she has an immense well of talent, but is too afraid of moving on with her life to take advantage of it. Having developed an independent streak from her shitty lot in life, she's not really used to relying on other people.
>>
>>68065362
C3PO
>>
>>68065362
Jar Jar
>>
>>68065545
>She's sweet and naive,
she seemed street-smarted and feisty to me
>>
>>68065516
>>68065564
>>68065577
well, they are comic relief characters
>>
>>68065362
he rebelled because he didnt want to kill. so he killed everyone on his way out.

she does irrational things and everyone body trys to rationalize it.

he died just because hes tired of the the role

he survived a crash because... space magic or some shit

she forgot about chewie
>>
He is Harrison Ford
>>
File: 1353726404912.jpg (25 KB, 312x301) Image search: [Google]
1353726404912.jpg
25 KB, 312x301
>>68066197
>Farrison Horde
>ever afraid of anything
>>
>>68065362
Rey is a personification of feminism with all the weaknesses of the ideology removed.
>>
>>68066346
>feminism with all the weaknesses of the ideology removed.
so she's invisible?
>>
>>68065545

>she's a natural talent at everything that matters in her universe, despite living on a planet with no apparent infrastructure to support trade schools in engineering and piloting, however she can still fly like a top gun pilot and perform maintenance on any ship she encounters, not to mention she is a black belt level close quarters combatant, but she is a little sad because mommy and daddy left her on Nottatooine, because a woman in her 20s is really going to be forlorn about her parents not being around, even though she's doing just fine for the most part.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 720x405
>>68066197
This. Finn isn't that character because he's just an ex-trooper that picks up a lightsaber.

Rey is apparently a character who doesn't know who she is (Which would lead to hamartia) and finds herself relating to a broader plane of existence... She doesn't really have a final arc in the movie though, because there are no definite conclusions for her character to make.
>>
The most difficult character to Plinkett Test is Poe, because Poe's character literally is his job
>>
>>68065362
It's obviously Lando, you retards.
>>
>>68066938
well, he has pratically no screen time and I'd call him secondary, the actual main characters are just Finn and Marey

>>68066963
>Lando
>coward
>>
>Other than that he's good natured and wants no trouble.
This is easy. Jackie Chan.
>>
>>68067003
>Lando
>coward
He sells out his friends because he's afraid of the Empire moving in on Cloud City.
>>
>>68066938
>Poe
Charming, cocky
>>
>>68067243
One trait does not a character make. Also, is he charming? Does that come up in the movie?
>>
>>68067367
>One trait does not a character make
I dunno, in Plinkett's TPM review they barely could name two Han's traits.

>Also, is he charming? Does that come up in the movie?
He quickly befriends Finn, so yeah.
>>
>>68067542
That's just them though. Han is easy: dashing, roguish, cynic with a heart of gold, slightly world-weary and standoffish but ultimately learns to believe in and live for something bigger than himself. That's right off the top of my head.
>>
>>68065596
she seemed socially inept to me, almost a bit autistic
it was hard to tell if this was due to a line of thought like "spending my life alone on some desert planet does not teach you to be social" or due to "well, I have no idea where this character is going" or "whelp I can't act"
>>
File: 1448491076215.png (2 MB, 1014x666) Image search: [Google]
1448491076215.png
2 MB, 1014x666
>>68068313
>socially inept to me,
she kept the assholes at bay in nottattoine, everyone and their mothers love her, even Kylo Jew falls for her, so we have nothing on her being "socially inept"

on the other hand, we never see her being really smart socially, everyone just loves her out of nowhere
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.