[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be Lex Luthor >superman is morally unpredictable and too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 30
>be Lex Luthor
>superman is morally unpredictable and too powerful!!!
>therefore I will create something more powerful and completely irrational to kill him

why are marketing guys allowed to write movie scripts?? Lex's actions make no sense, how would he handle Doomsday after superman dies?
>>
>>68064465
He wouldn't control Doomsday, Darkseid would. Lex was just following orders.
>>
>>68064509
>>68064465
>Lex was just following orders

how did the movie indicate this to the audience? besides the cryptic "ding ding ding" snot scene at the end which is meaningless
>>
File: 1424164633.jpg (3 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
1424164633.jpg
3 MB, 1746x4245
>>
>>68064729

where does incoherent rant address the question at hand?
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x626
>>68064509
Which is of course dumb and sequel building. Lex was supposed to be realistic and akin to the innovation hungry tech moguls of today. I took away that because Lex had no vendetta against superman anywhere near this movie, except ideological which was bullshit anyway, as he was just trying to get the gov or the people on his side in going ahead with one of the most technologically advanced projects yet, which again seemed to be the character portrayed, not some puppet of obscure shoe horned villain from comic no 2437. It's really the only saving grace of this movie.
>>
>>68064729
Fuck - I read all of that and it's nothing more than college sophomore tier over analysis 2/10. You could easily write this sort of shit about any film.
>>
>>68064729

>Ant Man is a retelling of the story of Hercules rescuing Prometheus.

>Hank is Prometheus, one of the great figures of his time privy to the secrets of the gods. He uses his unique power, the Pym particle, for the good of mankind, but his version of the godly pantheon, Shield, forces him into exile after they insist that the power must belong to them and only them. While Prometheus was tortured literally, Hank's exile tortured him mentally with the estrangement from his daughter and his removal from science. Zeus took the place of the Titans just as Cross replaced Hank. And while Cross and Zeus are happy to let Prometheus and Hank languish, they both are willing to let their prisoners free on the condition that they reveal their secrets, Zeus wanting Prometheus' hidden prophesies, Cross wanting the Ant Man power.

>Enter Lang and Hercules. Both criminals trying to make good who have done crimes with mitigating factors that still let us see them as heroes. Hercules frees Prometheus and spites Zeus with his superhuman might while Scott rescues Hank from Cross with the Ant Man power.
>>
>>68064465
>heyy that's pretty good
>>
>>68065138
write one about any marvel movie then
>>
>>68064773
it doesn't its just a meaningless re-post of the most autistic DCuck in history
>>
>>68064465
Lex is using loose logic to justify his actions, that doesn't make him a shitty villian. Really he was just jealous of Superman.
>>
You didn't understand Lex.

He wanted to expose Superman as morally bankrupt and take his power.

He created Doomsday thinking that he'd be able to control it because to him that'd mean that he now has power over Superman.

When Doomsday died he tried to strike a bargain with Darkseid or whatever.
>>
>>68065130
I agree with the core of your argument but
>Darkseid
>obscure
he's not only one of Supe's most famous and actually threatening antagonists, he's also one of the most interesting.

Obviously they're gonna fuck it up. I expect them to give him literal mind-control powers instead of staying true to the concept of the anti-life equation, which has a tremendous amount of potential.
>>
File: 1422637876067.jpg (24 KB, 228x240) Image search: [Google]
1422637876067.jpg
24 KB, 228x240
>a madman isn't behaving rationally
>>
>>68065374
then he's stupid because nothing showed that he would be able to control doomsday

at any rate it was handled poorly. In the comics Doomsday by himself isn't all that impressive, but there was a lot of steady buildup to his fight with superman. There was none in the movie.
>>
>>68064465
Comic books are awful and so are their movies.
>>
>>68065535
irrational =/= stupid.

You can be irrational but clever, all you have to do in order to be irrational is to avoid looking for deeper justifications and motives for your actions. That doesn't prevent you from having common sense.

Lex has neither
>>
>>68065555

>at any rate it was handled poorly. In the comics Doomsday by himself isn't all that impressive, but there was a lot of steady buildup to his fight with superman. There was none in the movie.

Doomsday is a literal manifestation of humanity's hate for Superman, or at least Lex's hate. He's also a communion of Super and Man as created by Lex, thus making him the dark reflection of Superman and Batman that Lex had wanted to create since the beginning by the movie by corrupting Superman and Batman against each other.
>>
>>68065562
US comic books, yes.
>>
>>68065666
That still doesn't make his appearance any less shoehorned-in dramatically speaking.
>>
>>68065555
yes there was?
>>
>>68065737

It does. Forget about Lex dealio with his father? Or Zod constant presence due to Metropolis attack and his death at the hands of Superman? It all ties, mang.
>>
>>68065757
To answer your question, no there wasn't.
>>
>>68065737
what are you even trying to say with this? The League cameo's could arguably be contrived as shoehorned but doomsday?
>>
>>68065142

>implying Antman was good
>>
>>68065800
but again there was.

Did you even see the film?
>>
>>68065784
set-up =/= buildup

what you're talking about is reasons for something to happen, it has to do with making the story intelligible.

what I'm talking about is creating expectations, excitement and teasing the audience, it has to do with dramatic structure.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (15 KB, 250x374) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
15 KB, 250x374
>>68064465
>MoS copies Superman II
>BvS copies Superman IV
are they going to resurrect Richard Pryor for JL?
>>
>>68065469
Well I get that but I reject the cape kino shit, Thanos gets away with it because they're spelling his name with the artifacts that cross paths on earth, but just having me bad guy at the end does not elevate sack znyder above Saturday morning cartoon status.
>>
>>68064509
Interesting, from what scene in the movie did you derive this conclusion?
>>
>>68065374
>When Doomsday died he tried to strike a bargain with Darkseid or whatever.

when? I only saw the torrent version, is this in the full movie?

Lex's actions make no sense in the torrent I saw, he makes Doomsday haphazardly, with no guarantee he'll be able to control him; literally creating a threat more terrible than supes
>>
>>68066001

>Lex's actions make no sense in the torrent I saw, he makes Doomsday haphazardly, with no guarantee he'll be able to control him; literally creating a threat more terrible than supes

He thought he'd be able to control it.
>>
>>68066001
Doomsday/darkseid thing is just anon's interpritation, doesnt happen, not what i came from either.

Lex actions on the other hand wernt meant to make sense to anyone but himself.
>>
>>68065959
certainly doesn't.

At this point I'm just curious to see how hard they're gonna miss the point of using Darkseid as their bad guy.

Like, so Snyder has been trying to depict Superman as a controversial public figure more than as a real hero. There's that big theme of "mass thinking" running through MoS and BvS. Which is right in line with Darkseid's totalitarian gimmick and the thought-killing idea (which is especially relevant now that memes are so prevalent). There's a lot of potential there and they're gonna throw it right out the window, and I want to see exactly how.
>>
Why didn't Lex try to revive Zod sans blood or even ask the computer how Kryptonian DNA would react to alien DNA?
>>
>>68066203

Because he wanted to play daddy and wanted to have a part on Zod's return.
>>
>>68066162
desu i have faith in snyder to deliver a good darkseid.

I mean Yuga Khan/steppenwolf looked great, maybe not what i would have preffered but great none the less. And the Parademons were great.

I really do feel like Snyder has better appreciation for the source material then he's given credit for.
>>
>>68065555
>>68065666
impressive, very nice
>>
>>68066203
he didnt ask cus the computer already told him
>>
I dont think it makes sense too that he wanted Batman to kill Superman. Maybe if Batman was the only other vigilante but he was keeping tabs on Wonder Woman who could probably do it without Kryptonite which he didn't even know Batman would steal so what the fuck did he expect to happen when they fought exactly?
>>
>>68066286
Which is why I said "They"
Snyder sure as hell doesn't have full control over the movie, and the script has little to do with him. He can make Darkseid look old-testament and fascist and intimidating, but if the script has him be a generic mind-controlling asshole who shoots lasers from his eyes because lasers are cool, then it's all for nothing.
>>
>I make a Doomsday he kill superman who is too powerful xddd
>oops I couldn't control him, better dial my good from Darkseid from another galaxy who will surely eliminate this superman threat to humanity without causing other problems xddd ding ding dong ring a long ding ding dong I'm crazy
The movie was as bad as Final Crisis was if you hadn't read all of the tie in issues. Nothing anyone does makes any sense.

I fully expect Batman to knock out Darkseid with a punch in the justice League movie.
>>
>>68066403
Batman is gonna use his god-killing batbullet and just dodge the omega beam like in the comic.
because Batman loves guns in that continuity
>>
File: Gay Lex.jpg (594 KB, 3000x2826) Image search: [Google]
Gay Lex.jpg
594 KB, 3000x2826
>>68066403

Lex Luthor doesn't care about humanity. Why people think he cares when the dude bombed the Capitol? Holy fuck.

Does this look like a persona that give any fucks?
>>
Lex was some kind of next level retard.

After Batman stole his kryptonite he just said, "Well I guess the Batman from Gotham is now relevant to me so I'll get Superman to go kill Batman now for revenge, or maybe he'll kill Superman? I dunno but let's see what happens. Either way Superman is gonna be pissed when he gets back if he kills the Bat guy so I better make another, even more unstable Superman to kill him just in case."
>>
>>68066203
>Asks computer to tell him secrets
>Later begins DNA procedure
>Uh sir that is banned
>Proceed computer, councils dead

Seems straight forward enough
>>
>>68066568

Lex didn't have any faith on Batman. He wanted Superman to kill Batman to morally fuck Superman. He basically made Superman his bitch and made him kill Batman.

Then Doomsday comes in and kills Superman, and he and Doomsday go on to rule the world together. Father and son happy together.

Lex had issues with his father.
>>
File: 1399511246863.gif (2 MB, 248x237) Image search: [Google]
1399511246863.gif
2 MB, 248x237
Why did the kryptonian ship have a "build a giant genetic superpowered monster" function?
>>
If Lex is so smart why did he use super special unique bullets that could be traced back to only one source who makes those super special unique bullets?
>>
>>68066566
In the comics he did.
>>
>In the movie's present day timeline, Batman is chasing the White Portuguese obsessively, telling Alfred that it's a man who is supposedly trying to smuggle a dirty bomb into Gotham
>Batman tracks down a human trafficker which leads him to the Russian
>The Russian's data leads him to Lex Corp
>Lex Corp data allows him to discover that the White Portuguese isn't a man, it's a ship
>When Alfred reveals that he knows Bruce has been lying to him and asks what the White Portuguese is, and asks what Bruce is actually obsessively chasing, Bruce tells him that he knew someone was going to smuggle Kryptonite into Gotham/Metropolis, so he wanted to steal it so he can kill Superman

Doesn't this smack of backwards logic to anyone? How does Batman even know what Kryptonite does? There was only a small shard of it, solely belonging to Lex Corp, who ran internal testing and discovered that it had physiological effects on Kryptonians. If Batman had done sneaky research stuff to discover this, he would undoubtedly know that the Kryptonite shipment would be involved with Lex Corp, since it was also them, with the aid of barely-paid locals, rooting around the Indian Ocean for the stuff. Batman never even suspected Lex Corp until he found data indicating that the Russian's shipments were being delivered to Lex Corp's compound, but how would he find out about Kryptonite and its effects without suspecting Lex Corp, the only company that possesses Kryptonite?

How does even know to look for the White Portuguese? Lex has his talk with the senator asking for permission to import the stuff AFTER Bruce has already been on his hunt for the White Portuguese for a while. Does that mean Lex had chartered the boat a long ass time in advance? How does Bruce get the information to look for "the White Portuguese" without knowing it's a boat? What street level criminal would have the knowledge that "the White Portuguese is importing Kryptonite" without the information that it's a boat?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
>>68066850

Those Scout Ships were built with cloning factories and because Krypton is big on cloning they've a measure against hacking. So if you temper with the DNA in any form Doomsday is what comes out.
>>
>>68066981
Not really.

The point made a few times in the comics is that if Lex really cared about humanity he would have put all his brains and business into making cures for things and inventing things to turn the world into a Utopia, but instead he spend all his intellect and resources on trying to get rid of Superman because he tries to say that Superman is what's holding back the human race and since Superman is getting all the credit for being humanity's saviour no matter what great thing he or any other human does he's not going to feel like he's getting the recognition he deserves. He's shown to be constantly selfish.
>>
>>68066037
It had his blood so this is probably the right answer.
>>
>>68067121
Fuck are you talking about?

Your son has your blood, that doesn't mean you can control him.

Why on Earth would he think that an autonomous beast of destruction would bow to the wishes of its creator when the ship even blatantly said that it will create an abomination?
>>
>>68067180

Because of his father.
>>
>>68067218
I think I missed the part where he said, "My father always told me that if you find an alien ship capable of creating life-forms from DNA samples, whatever comes out if mixed with your DNA will bow to your every whim."
>>
>>68066566
>Lex Luthor doesn't care about humanity.

Doomsday would destroy the entire planet, eventually there'd be no where to hide and nothing to live for.

Lex wasn't shown to be suicidal
>>
>>68067180
>Your son has your blood, that doesn't mean you can control him.
Tbf, my future son also probably won't be an alien mixed with my blood and some other alien.
>>
>>68067284
>>68067323

Lex said that nobody came to save him from his father's fist and abominations. He was a beta son loyal to his father. So he thought that Doomsday would be too.
>>
>>68066667
>he and Doomsday go on to rule the world together.

how would he control a mindless rampaging hulk? was never explained
>>
>>68067033

Batman knew that was something involving the kryptonians.
>>
>>68067350
Yeah it'll be your beta genes mixed with some abomination who would sleep with you and so no matter how much you tell him not to kill normies he's still going to go out and shoot u a theater.
>>
>>68067374

>how would he control a mindless rampaging hulk? was never explained

It doesn't need to be stated. This is Frankenstein 101. Lex was touching Zod's face and crying like a faggot, he stood still and proud when Doomsday came out, he was surprised and scared when Superman saved him from Doomsday's punch.
>>
>>68067452
>he was surprised and scared when
Did we even see his reaction?
>>
>>68067452
So Lex was just retarded?
>>
>>68067553

He had issues.
>>
File: 1387242568302.png (429 KB, 599x460) Image search: [Google]
1387242568302.png
429 KB, 599x460
Also why did Batman want to kill Superman? Was he an idiot?

Didn't Batman understand the context of the Metropolis battle? That superman was fighting other super-aliens to save the earth? Doesn't he understand collateral damage ? Doesn't he understand that Zod would beat the shit out of him and only Supes could defeat him?

does Batman get his info from tabloids and cnn?
he's supposed to be the world's greatest detective and he couldn't figure out superman's motivations?
>>
>>68067573
Yeah, a character who's supposed to be the smartest human in the DC universe being dumb as fuck is a pretty big issue.
>>
>>68066973
>Going by the film
Lex wasnt as smart as he thought he was &/or he did itdeliberately to lure lois or whatever

>Probable reason
Plot contrivances, nearly every big story has it faggit
>>
>>68067646

He's Lex Jr, and Lex in comics is pretty stupid too. How many times has he been caught? The dude once blamed Superman for a kryptonite meteor that was heading to Earth and out of nowhere went crazy with some fucking juice and went to kill Superman. He was president back then even.
>>
>>68066594
Computer was operating at 34% so it was as retarded as Lex
>>
>>68067603

Because the bad man had too much power
>>
>>68066973
>>68067661

The military knew he had deals with the warlords and Lex was testing his theory that Lois = Superman = Clark. It was bait.
>>
>>68067033
There are bigger potholes like how Lois knew to get the spear back from the water she threw it in. She had no communication with Batman or supes. It was dumb.
>>
>>68067423
Take a look at this edgelord
>>
>>68067603

Batman was projecting his own failings as a human being and a hero unto Superman. If Batman eventually went bad, how wouldn't Superman? And then what? The whole Earth dies, that's what. So he had to take him out now.

Batman is also hurt and angry both because of Metropolis and for his life ending up being meaningless.
>>
File: 1389247740820.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1389247740820.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>68067784
>his theory that Lois = Superman
>>
>mfw /tv/ is actually having a discussion about the movie instead of calling people DC cucks or bashing how bad the movie is
Is this the real life?
>>
>>68067603
It's a matter of philosophies.
They both fight crime, but where Batman fights from the shadows and avoids collateral as much as possible.
Superman usually confronts his villains out in the open, and then has the system prosecute them. He hates Batman taking judgement into his own hands, especially with the whole death sentence branding thing.
And Batman hates the fact that Superman didn't do more to avoid collateral in his big battle with Zod.

If Batman fought Zod, you bet he would have tried to find a way to lure him away from the city. Same way he did with Supes in the movie, he lured him into a deserted area.
>>
>>68067874
Tfw the movie seems worse as people talk about it and the defenses rely on audience members making shut up based on a Batman and Lex we don't know or can understand.
>>
>>68067857

>kill supes incase he ever goes bad

why not kill him when he goes bad? killing him before he goes bad is retarded.

America, Russia, or China, could wipe the entire earth clean with nukes. Is batman gonna kill all their government leaders just to be safe?
>>
>>68067918
>If Batman fought Zod, you bet he would have tried to find a way to lure him away from the city. Same way he did with Supes in the movie, he lured him into a deserted area.

It's a good thing that he did everything in his power to lure Doomsday away from a deserted island in the middle of the bay toward a populated city.
>>
File: 41142.png (224 KB, 544x438) Image search: [Google]
41142.png
224 KB, 544x438
>>68067918
>Batman fights from the shadows and avoids collateral as much as possible.

>literally mowing bad-guys down with his car and attack ship
>"I have to lure Doomsday back to the city to get the spear"

>And Batman hates the fact that Superman didn't do more to avoid collateral in his big battle with Zod.

that's no reason to kill him...
>>
File: 1418850575674.jpg (18 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
1418850575674.jpg
18 KB, 180x200
>>68064465
>he thinks Lex was doing it for the greater good
>he doesn't know that Lex needed only petty reasons to create a monster with his DNA to beat the shit of a so called god
>>
File: 1458685468743.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1458685468743.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>68067922

You have to understand that Batman relived his parents death when the Wayne tower fell and that with every new news he sees about Superman shit always looks bad.

This is a man that had hopes for himself and Gotham. That fought the good fight. Everything meant nothing in the end. Nothing changed. He changed for the worse. It was all a beautiful lie.

So he wanted for his life to mean something and killing himself trying to stop Superman seemed like a good way to go.

The dude was fucking miserable. The movie constantly show this.
>>
>>68067918
>If Batman fought Zod, you bet he would have tried to find a way to lure him away from the city

But Zod didn't want to leave the city. His goal was to destroy the city and kill everyone in it, and then everyone on Earth one by one. If Superman said, "Hey Zod come follow me you're a poopy face nah nah nah nah!" and flew away Zod would have just landed and started crushing people's testicles between his fingers for fun while Supers flew off to the middle to the ocean or some shit.
>>
>>68068016
I think that part was pretty dumb too, but to be fair I don't think anyone would be thinking straight fighting doomsday.
Probably all that Bataman was thinking at that point is "oh shit. I have to keep him busy whilst Superman gets his shit together. I hope they hurry up and find my fucking spear. Oh Jesus. Ow."
>>
>>68068084
Yeah but Bruce doesn't KNOW that.
As a civilian witnessing it, he's seeing two fucking godlike figures smashing a city up while everyone is dying around him.

Of course he doesnt actually confront Superman about this properly but for a long time he didn't know who Superman actually was. He was too focus on finding a way to kill him if he ever proved corrupt.
>>
>>68068193
>Yeah but Bruce doesn't KNOW that.

Superman didn't explain to everyone what happened afterwards?
>>
File: reed4.jpg (102 KB, 356x400) Image search: [Google]
reed4.jpg
102 KB, 356x400
>>68068193
>As a civilian witnessing it, he's seeing two fucking godlike figures smashing a city up while everyone is dying around him.

greatest detective on earth...is willing to hack into Lex corp to figure out what Lex is up to, not willing to investigate Supes? Give me a break. Batman could figure out who Superman is in a couple days and figure out exactly what happened in the Zod fight
>>
>>68068218

Batman didn't seemed to care. Remember when he talk with Clark that he called Daily Planet's articles about Superman as garbage.

The dude simple thought that Superman was a stuck-up alien that brought his little war to Earth and that all the savings and shit weren't worth a shit because if, the motherfucking Batman, eventually snapped, how will this shitty alien hold the pretense any longer?
>>
>>68068218
If he did. The message obviously never got to Bruce.
And even then, you think Bruce is going to just easily believe the motives of someone who could boil him up in an instant he has no prior history with?
Hell no. He's straight into contingency planning.
He still has his doubts even at the end of the film. Why else would he want to form a Justice League? He wants to keep then all in check.
>>
>>68067922
>>68068016
It bothers me now that I think about it that Batman never even tried looking for the spear during the fight. It's like it was implied that Lois' job was to go get the spear. Batman is only distracting Doomsday by jumping around with his grappling hook after Superman ends up busy by going to save Lois and grabbing the spear. As soon as WW and Superman show up, shouldn't he be doing everything in his power to look for the spear inside the building instead of just running around doing nothing?

And why didn't he use the Kryptonite grenade earlier when WW was literally chopping off Doomsday's limbs without even being gassed? Could Wonder Woman just out and out killed Doomsday if Batman gassed him and then WW cut off his head?
>>
>>68068279

this^
Batman is like Dexter, he researches his targets thoroughly before confronting them.
>>
>>68068279

Batman is a shitty detective, bro. He never figured out who killed his parents or who the Joker was.
>>
>>68068294
>The dude simple thought that Superman was a stuck-up alien that brought his little war to Earth
Yeah that's the point, Batman is retarded and jumps to conclusions. Just like Lex is retarded and has absolutely no conceivable endgame. Just like Superman is retarded and seems to already be evil Superman half the time. Just like Perry is retarded for hiring someone with no or forged credentials.
>>
>>68068311
When I think about it, they shouldn't be worried about Superman becoming a tyrant.
No they should fucking fear Batman because he's already well on his way.

Maybe that'll be the twist, Flash warning Batman causes Batman to become the tyrant instead.
>>
>>68068394

Batman was trying to kill Superman more for personal reasons, Lex was lead by his ego, Superman is just a guy from Kansas getting fed up from everyone's shit and Perry knew Clark was Superman.
>>
>>68068402

Batman has always been a fucking villain to the Justice League.

He pays for their shit to have an easy way to investigate them, he studies them thoroughly and devise ways to kill them, he created a computer and satellite to search for meta-humans throughout the globe, he spends money in tech capable of killing them and THEN he tries to act all friendly like.

He's a double-crossing sycho.
>>
>>68068444
None of these are actual substantive reasons/are just false.
>>
>>68068623

There's nothing false about what i said.

Batman was trying to kill Superman because he wanted to die doing something important. He thought since he failed as a hero Superman would too.
Lex was trying to discredit and kill Superman because of his daddy issues and ego, but eventually he left his issues and ego ruin him.
Superman was trying to do his job and not involve himself with politics but couldn't handle all the pressure from the public and his failings.
Perry White gave several hints that he knew that Clark was Superman and Goyer admitted so in an interview.
>>
File: 1459027659743.png (34 KB, 182x220) Image search: [Google]
1459027659743.png
34 KB, 182x220
>>68065150
>>
>>68067874
Usually, the threads are a mix of both. And I wouldn't change a thing about the place.
>>
Let's talk about kryptonian technology shall we?

>build galaxy cruising ships
>secure their computers with verbal passwords that translate themselves to languages you've never heard of, letting any random person get full control of the ship by just guessing english (not Kryptonian!) words
>have your advanced AI unable to debate itself out of a paper bag, and then let all moral imperatives and absolute laws it has to obey be able to be turned off with 2 seconds of debate and a quip.

It's no fucking wonder these schmucks are extinct. Frankly, the only wonder is that they lasted long enough to get to this level of technology.
>>
what happened to Faora-Ul and that 7' tall nigga from Krypton?
>>
File: i.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
i.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>68065192
This movie really is too big for little minds.
>>
WHY EVERYBODY FORGET THAT LEX HAD ZOD'S COMMAND KEY?
LEX USED ZOD'S FINGERPRINTS IN HIS LIVE FINGER TO GET INSIDE THE SCOUT SHIP, BUT HE ONLY MANAGED TO GET ACCESS TO THE SHIPS RECORDS AND GENESIS CHAMBER AFTER ACQUIRING ZOD'S COMMAND KEY. IT WAS ONLY THEN THAT HE HAD COMMAND OF THE SCOUT SHIP AS HIS.

It's like no one payed attention to the goddamn movie.
>>
>>68067056
where is that image from?
>>
>>68070433

Man of Steel DVD feature.
>>
>>68070055

There were crushed in a negative zone implosion.
>>
>>68064465

>implying Lex didn't design Doomsday with an off switch.
>>
>>68070458

not the guy you were replying to but what part of the DVD?
>>
>>68070433
Awesome
>>
>>68070604

The one dealing with Krypton making and backstory.
>>
>>68070330
Did they edit that part out? In the movie, as is, he uses fingerprints to get in, then it cuts to him walking around a chamber and just using his hand to touch some raised control panel thing. Then the computer tells him the ship is operating at 30% efficiency and asks if he wants to assume control. He says yes and it starts pitching a sale about how awesome the Kryptonian library is and he tells the computer to start laying the secrets on him.

So is there a deleted scene with him inserting a command key somewhere?
>>
>>68070688

You didn't payed attention, then, because that's when he inserted the command key and the movie show it.
>>
>>68067826
>oh look some monster came out of the place where that kryptonian ship crashed
>hey maybe its not that far a leap of logic that that same monster will have the same weaknesses as superman
>im a journalist
>>
>>68070632

Oh ok. Also there was an INSANE amount of Kryptonian backstory that they created just for the movie but left out.

There was talk about a Krypton tv show but I haven't heard anything about it lately. The only thing about the concept that I didn't like is that it was to have taken place in recent history like in the last 50 years or so.

I would love to see a series based on the MoS Krypton of a few thousand years ago.
>>
>>68064509
How the fuck would Darkseid control Doomsday? the last time they fought DD raped Darkseid
>>
>>68070755
No, it didn't.
>>
>>68070966

You didn't payed attention then.
>>
>>68070847
>oh look some monster came out of the place where that kryptonian ship crashed

She had no way of seeing that since she was on the other side of the bay in an abandoned warehouse in Gotham. She barely even saw Doomsday. Her first glimpse of him was right after WW showed up and started fighting him.

Now if you want to make the argument, "WELL OF COURSE SHE JUST CONCLUDED THAT IT HAD TO BE FROM THE KRYPTONIAN SHIP BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATING A LIGHT SHOW 30 MINUTES AGO WHEN SHE LEFT METROPOLIS!" then you'd have to concede that it was pretty fucking retarded of her to throw the spear in the water in the first place with such an obvious, Kryptonian threat looming in the near future.
>>
>>68068540
>Batman has always been a fucking villain to the Justice League.
>He's a double-crossing sycho.

those are contigency plans, for when they get mind controlled or go crazy
>>
>>68071040
You saying that I didn't pay attention doesn't magically make it show up. I can just say, "You made it up."

Which would seem to be the case since literally no one else saw him insert a command key if your post about "Why does everybody forget that he inserted a command key?" is anything to go by. Nobody forgot it because it didn't happen.
>>
>>68071105
LOIS IS RETARDED

the fact that u can come up with a reasoning just shows you are nitpicking. It wasn't a retarded thing/plot hole but it was unnecessarily/made for lady of lake reference and just for lame tension/drama.
>lois sees this weapon hurts superman
>never wants him to be hurt again
>throws it away in some water
>sees huge explosions happening over where the ship was
>maybe they need the weapon
>>
>>68071159

I didn't made shit. He did insert a command key. Here:

http://dccomicsextendeduniverse.wikia.com/wiki/General_Zod%27s_Command_Key
>>
>>68070024
in their defense they abandoned the planet hopping and just cloned literally useful idiots.
>>
>>68071159
he inserts the command key lmao pay attention
>>
>>68071231
>A screenshot from Man of Steel
>And then a thing saying that Lex had it when the sourcing for it includes both the movie and the novel

Show me a screencap of the scene where Lex puts in the command key.
>>
>>68071336

How the fuck am i going to screencap a movie that is still in cinema?
>>
>>68071207
>the fact that u can come up with a reasoning just shows you are nitpicking.

But it's legitimately a plot hole. I don't even care that it's a plot hole because it's a complete contrivance for a stupid symbolism scene, I understand that and better movies have had dumber plot holes for their tension, but to plug your ears and make up excuses as to why it's not a plot hole is dumb.

Anyone can come up with reasoning for anything, that doesn't mean that it's in the movie or conveyed in any way.
>>
>>68071207
This literally sounds worse the more you explain it. It was for the plot to progress. Why do you defend it when they didn't care to make it coherent? It was literally we need another scene of superman saving Lois. Let's also not address that the effects of Kryptonite were not consistent.
>>
I like how Superman saved Lois like a dozen times. Feminists BTFO!
>>
>>68071443

Not that guy but i do think that Lois caught glimpse of Doomsday before going to retrieve the spear.
>>
>>68071105
you say there is no way of her seeing that monster came out when they literally have a shot of her looking over the bay and seeing all that explosion shit going. It's not a plot hole it's just a shitty sequence, you millenials are using plot hole for anything you don't like.
>>
>>68064729
Marvelfags dont have brain power to read all that dude come on

Even though it answers OPs question perfectly
>>
>>68071486
>Let's also not address that the effects of Kryptonite were not consistent.

How so?

Nevermind that in the comics Doomsday is strengthened by kryptonite and has kryptonite spikes on his body
>>
>>68071371
There are multiple camrips.

I will admit that I'm wrong if you find the scene where Lex walks into the room, takes the command key out of his pocket or whatever, puts it in the machine, and then it comes to life. As it is in the movie, Lex opens the door with the fingerprints, then it cuts to him looking around a dark chamber and noticing a raised control panel in the middle, he touches it, some things click, and then the computer comes to life.

Did he hit a button? Did he place the command key in the console in a scene that was edited out and they only kept the shot of him wandering around and coming back to it?

Does it even matter in a conversation that talks about how stupid it is that part of Lex's plan is to create a monster that he has no control over something which he has been told repeatedly by an alien computer is a bad idea and is an abomination that only causes destruction?
>>
>>68071544
>Even though it answers OPs question perfectly

0/10
>>
>>68071580

He doesn't take the command key out of his pocket. The command key was in the ship. I'm not going to search and download a camprip just to win an argument. You don't want to believe me, fine.

>then it cuts to him looking around a dark chamber and noticing a raised control panel in the middle, he touches it, some things click, and then the computer comes to life.

That was it, numbnuts.
>>
>>68071511
>all that explosion shit

You'll have to be more specific here since Lois Lane seeing explosions miles away in the distance and thinking, "That's probably a Kryptonian monster" is even stupider. Her seeing a nuke go off in the atmosphere and an indistinguishable piece of debris hitting the ground, that could have been Superman or Doomsday (even the military needed clarification and identification was only done by having them assigned labels earlier before they got nuked) and thinking "I need to get that spear back," is also incredibly stupid.

Please tell me what you refer to as a logical inconsistency or error in a plot if not a plot hole.
>>
Why couldnt' Superman defeat Doomsday without the spear? Doomsday was like 10 minutes old
>>
>>68071733
So you're saying that the command key was the small clicking sound that he didn't place in the machine at all in the way the movie was shot? The thing that was just in there already and he seemingly noticed for the first time in the dark room that the scene just cut to?
>>
File: 1417339134106.png (111 KB, 309x302) Image search: [Google]
1417339134106.png
111 KB, 309x302
>>68071790
>Why couldnt' Superman defeat Doomsday without the spear?

breh

> Doomsday was like 10 minutes old

his body was technically older than supermans, since it was mostly zod
>>
>>68071739
>You'll have to be more specific here since Lois Lane seeing explosions miles away in the distance and thinking, "That's probably a Kryptonian monster"

it wasn't miles away, she was on a rooftop watching the fight, she was close enough to hear DD roar. She put 2 and 2 together and went for the spear, like a lucky guess, based on past experience with super villains.
>>
>>68064729
>AND THAT'S WHEN I SHIFT INTO MAXIMUM JESUS PARALLELS!
>>
>>68066566
breh

LEX bombed the capitol building. was that not obvious? he gave captain cripple the chair filled with explosives, and captain cripple had no idea
>>
File: tn_1235245586270.jpg (8 KB, 220x180) Image search: [Google]
tn_1235245586270.jpg
8 KB, 220x180
>walk into ancient alien ship
>start spewing pseudophilsophical word vomit at it
>it listens to everything you say
>>
Is Darkseid a well written villain?
>>
File: power_of_the_anti-life_equation.jpg (124 KB, 990x510) Image search: [Google]
power_of_the_anti-life_equation.jpg
124 KB, 990x510
>>68072444

depends who's writing him
>>
>>68064509
At what point in the jumbled mess is Darkseid mentioned or even vaguely alluded to?

At what point is the "control" mentioned?

Lex himself even says he (Lex) is the one doing it.

Where are you even getting this argument?
>>
File: 1459607185702.png (523 KB, 750x1613) Image search: [Google]
1459607185702.png
523 KB, 750x1613
>>
>>68065994
The scene was cut from the movie but WB released it on youtube (probably for damage control) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
File: 1460151682865.gif (2 MB, 420x275) Image search: [Google]
1460151682865.gif
2 MB, 420x275
>>68073133

girls are so cute
>>
File: this-mighty-body-is-my-church.jpg (167 KB, 1190x407) Image search: [Google]
this-mighty-body-is-my-church.jpg
167 KB, 1190x407
>>68073258

that doesn't even look like darkseid, looks like one of his generals
>>
>>68073401
>>
People say it's either darkseid's father or major general or some shit like that. I don't really know since I don't follow capeshit/comics
>>
>>68073258
>the scene was cut from the movie
>>
why do DC cape movies lack humor? even in the serious comics there's always some wise cracking going on.

humor and fun factor are really important in comics, but these DC movies play it so safe
>>
>>68064729
i don't believe that lex was meant to act like the joker, in the end he was the same old lex but just a bit zanier

also there is a figure that acts as "every story that belongs to everyone" in the dcu already, nix uotan (although i highly doubt we're ever going to see the judge of all evil in the movies)
>>
>>68064465
The movie is basically "what if Lex Luthor wrote a superman movie".

Instead of Superman being inspirational he's worshipped, all he seems to understand is brute force and he can't think his way out of a box. The reason Lex Luthor is a fucking idiot is because Lex Luthor would never write someone like himself as a bad guy. Instead of a calm and collected charismatic hunk of man hiding his insecurities behind a mask of elitism we get Joker. Fuck we don't even get Joker we get fucking Riddler!

So of course Lex makes no sense. If he did then that means the real Lex is a bad guy.
>>
Lex wasn't Joker.

Lex was one of these super smart tech types that are constantly thinking shit and have to purposely concentrate and try to speak slow when interacting with people, but that will sometimes sperg out and start to blab nonsense because their simple can't stop thinking about shit.

That's who Lex was in the movie.
>>
>>68073748

technically it's not lex luthor, it's lex junior.
right?
>>
>>68073894

Yes.
>>
File: PP8uCjM.jpg (106 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
PP8uCjM.jpg
106 KB, 600x300
>>68067603
>he's supposed to be the world's greatest detective
>>
You're fucking dumb.
He didn't think Superman was a threat. It was all about power and feeling powerful.

Superman was the most powerful thing on Earth. He wanted to feel powerful and beat him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4XxPE1HTo
>>
>DCucks explaining how lex could control doomsday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc
>>
>>68074014
>He wanted to feel powerful and beat him.

... but Doomsday is more powerful than Lex and can't be reasoned with.
>>
>>68074102

But in Lex's mind Doomsday is his creation, his child. Doomsday is the extent of his will.
>>
>>68074102
Yeah because he really knew what he was creating.

Fucking Marvelcucks are so dumb.
>>
>>68071580
>>
>>68074161

If Lex turned himself into Doomsday then his plan would make sense.

>>>68074014
>Yeah because he really knew what he was creating.

He was confident another super-being would be created, based on what the ship taught him.

He just didn't think the plan through to the end. He was a really dumb villain
>>
>>68074168

FUCKING FINALLY. I told anon he used the command key.

It's always like that. People didn't payed attention to one bit, nitpick that bit non-stop, you point out that the bit happened, people doubt you and say that you're filling a "plot-hole", you show them how the bit happened and then they say that it was obvious and that they knew but it's still dumb.

This has been pretty much 90% of all BvS discussions.
>>
>>68074261
He thought putting his own blood into the creation would be all that was needed to keep him safe and have control over whatever he created.

He also called down Darkseid because he really wants to fuck up Superman's shit.
>>
>>68074261

>He was confident another super-being would be created, based on what the ship taught him.

>He just didn't think the plan through to the end. He was a really dumb villain

It was like a child for him, dude. How do you not get it that Lex had issues? That Batman had issues?

The movie is basically about three manchildren with fucked-up upbringing slugging out.
>>
>>68074339
I don't know why we bother arguing with these Marvel shills.
They're the type of people that complain if a movie isn't LEL SO FUNNY.
>>
>>68074330
>He thought putting his own blood into the creation would be all that was needed to keep him safe and have control over whatever he created.

>DNA gives you power over beings
>family members can mind control each other

so he really was an idiot?

>>68074339

>>68074339
>How do you not get it that Lex had issues? That Batman had issues?

then we agree, Lex and Batman were clinically retarded in this movie, their motivations and actions were irrational and out of character
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>68065150
>>
>>68074412
Just watch the fucking video you Marvel shill faggot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4XxPE1HTo
>>
>>68074330

>He also called down Darkseid because he really wants to fuck up Superman's shit.

This quote pretty much resumes Lex goal:

>Lex Luthor: [giving speech] Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is *paradoxical* and, um... thank you for coming.

>he bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power

That's it. Lex had the knowledge and the money, something he took from his father in an attempt to overpower his father, but in a world of supermen all of that meant nothing because he was faced with real unattainable power.

So he created Doomsday with his blood thinking that'd be good enough and when that backfired he made a pact with Darkseid's lackey for real knowledge, and, perhaps, real power down the road.
>>
>>68074440
>1 hour of autists sperging out
>50% downvotes

nah, if you can't defend your point in a few sentences then the video is worthless
>>
>>68074512
Fucking word.
>>
>>68074514
>If you can't defend your point with a few well-placed memes than you will not be able to get past my child-like ADHD and convince me of your point

You Marvel shills really are just the dumbest fucks around
>>
File: 1436663278165.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1436663278165.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>68074512
>with his blood thinking that'd be good enough
>blood gives you power over beings
>family members can mind control each other at will

so am I supposed to believe Lex Luthor jr, has an IQ of 80? not buying it
>>
>>68074573

>still no argument or defense
>>
>>68074412

>DNA gives you power over beings
>family members can mind control each other

In Lex fucked up view? YES, BECAUSE HIS DAD HAD POWER OVER HIM THANKS TO BLOOD.

GOD-FUCKING-DAMNIT, MANG! THIS IS EASY! HOW MANY TIMES THE GUY HAVE TO MENTION THAT HIS DAD BUTTFUCKED HIS BOYPUSSY FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT HE HAD PROBLEMS WITH FATHER-SON SHIT AND AUTHORITY?
>>
>>68070544

Oh, was he going to use that AFTER Doomsday crushed his face in 5 seconds after being born?

Good thing Superman was around to save him.
>>
>>68074690
>HE HAD PROBLEMS WITH FATHER-SON SHIT AND AUTHORITY?

That doesn't excuse his idiotic plan.
His father slapped him around, therefore Doomsday will obey him? Wut?

Also 99% of DD was Zod, he only had a few drops of Lex in him.
>>
>>68074603

In Lex mind he was Doomsday's God, Doomsday's Creator, Doomsday's Father.

What is Frankenstein? This shit is fucking common in stories like that. The mad scientists trying to create life and treating his abomination like his own child. Full of love and wonder for the creature he created.
>>
>>68066403
Final Crisis was far better.
>>
>>68074650
I don't even know what point you're trying to make. That Lex creating Doomsday was out-of-character/was dumb/that he is dumb?

See; >>68074512

Lex had money, he had the brains and he knew how to control people. But he didn't have TRUE power. He couldn't make people do what he wanted by force. If he wanted something he couldn't just take it. Superman could though; Superman is the epitome of power in his eyes.

Throughout the movie we see that he is egotistical and petty. One example of this is just how annoyed he is by the congresswoman that won't help him so he goes as far as to let her know it was him that was about to kill her while simultaneously fucking with Superman.

He goes on to create Doomsday because he believes that is what he needs to bring Superman down. To prove to himself and the world that HE is the best, not Superman. That HE deserves to be worshipped. He gets ahead of himself and creates something he cannot exactly control, but that would be enough as long as he destroys Superman. As a backup he decides to call down Darkseid also, not caring about the consequences.

He is petty, flawed and emotional. What is wrong with that? Doesn't make him a bad character, doesn't make it bad writing. It was all intentional.

Shit, maybe this was too long for Marvel kiddies to read. Should have dumbed it down...
>>
>tfw your long post doesn't get posted for some reason

Fuck off 4chan. I slayed these marvel shills
>>
>character who can't even move things in his father's study after his death because he was that traumatized by him
>'why did he think his son would follow every word he spoke?'

I thought the 'too smart for marveldrones' was a meme. But every time someone posts about how shit this movie, I have to question if they saw it or were even attempting to pay attention.

Did you guys take a bathroom break when he was talking to the senator in his father's study? Did you miss the part where he was talking to Clark about how his father beat him? Did you miss the part where he was talking about how Doomsday was 'blood of my blood'?
>>
>>68065814
>missing the point
BvS was horseshit. That's the point.
>>
>>68074893
>BvS was horseshit
>t. 12 year old faggot
>>
>>68074881

They were probably sucking cocks in the bathroom during the entire movie exhibition.
>>
>>68074806
>In Lex mind he was Doomsday's God, Doomsday's Creator, Doomsday's Father.
>The mad scientists trying to create life and treating his abomination like his own child.

This was never fleshed out in the movie.
He never spoke about creating a servant that he could bend to his will... He didn't know the ship could revive people until he got inside it, so up until that point the whole "frankenstein" theme was silent.

It would make more sense for Lex to turn himself into a superhuman and become the most powerful directly
>>
>>68075001

>It would make more sense for Lex to turn himself into a superhuman and become the most powerful directly

Everything Lex does in the movie is fuck people indirectly.
>>
>>68064605
dum execs cut it
>>
>>68075001
GEE
WHY DID THIS CHARACTER NOT SPILL THE BEANS ON THEIR WHOLE PLAN?

WHY DID THEY NOT SPEAK TO THEMSELVES OR TO THE GOOD GUYS ABOUT THEIR EVIL PLANS?

OH GEE WHIZ, REALLY KEPT US OUT OF THE LOOP THERE, SNYDER! LEARN HOW TO WRITE A MOVIE! SPELL IT ALL OUT FOR US NEXT TIME!
>>
>>68074814
>I don't even know what point you're trying to make.

His plan was senseless. The ship even told him resurrected beings are extremely dangerous and restricted, implying they can't be controlled.

So if his plan worked he'd still have a super-alien to deal with, if his plan failed he'd have 2 to deal with...

The logical plan would be for Lex to super-power himself somehow.
>>
>>68075123
Did you not read the rest of my post? It literally counters your points in this post.
>>
File: happy youth ufc.gif (3 MB, 284x309) Image search: [Google]
happy youth ufc.gif
3 MB, 284x309
>>68075120
>his secret plan was always to resurrect Zod!

except had no idea the ship could resurrected people until the last 15minutes of the movie
>>
>>68065150

Top fucking kek. He does look like Ian.
>>
>>68075183
Who the fuck are you quoting? I never said his plan from the beginning was to create Doomsday.
>>
>>68065150

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssMSqq2bPrU
>>
>>68075159
>Did you not read the rest of my post? It literally counters your points in this post.

It doesn't counter anything, the logical plan would be for Lex to use the ship to power himself to Superman's level. Not to roll the dice and create a random monster. How does he gain power? He doesn't, he becomes inferior to 2 beings in that scenario not just 1.

Anyway the end of your post confirms my point
>He is petty, flawed and emotional. What is wrong with that?

Those are euphemisms for "retarded", Lex might be emotional and petty in his long-term strategies, but short-term tactics are supposed to be carefully crafted and brilliant. It's petty for him to want to kill superman, ya, but how he goes about doing that is supposed to be clever--- this was anything but clever; that's what's wrong. Totally wrong.

The answer to OP's question is: This isn't the real Lex, it's his retarded son.
>>
File: ALLMESSEDUP.jpg (52 KB, 308x354) Image search: [Google]
ALLMESSEDUP.jpg
52 KB, 308x354
I'm starting to think that BvS was really to complex for movie goers. Not because the movie is smart or deep, but more because of the story structure and character work.

The movie makes the audience feel as left out and confused by Lex's plans into the very end when everything comes together and you can see the steps he took.
The movie focus on various separate characters and their doings until the very end when they all come together and their various stories unite in one.
The characters don't state or explain their every action so you've to pay attention to what they do or emote as well.

So because of all the things above the audience where left not understanding shit because they're used to leaving their brain on standing by while watching movies, specially capeshit. Something that leaves me sad because it is a sign that people are really becoming stupider by the moment.
>>
>>68064465
Lex doesn't like God but to him Doomsday isn't God he's the devil so he's okay with him being all powerful and uncontrolable.
>>
>>68075301
Marveldrones really are dumb.
Just go enjoy your next brain-numbing capeshit fucking retard

OMFG IRON MAN JUST DID THAT WITH HIS HAND TO BLOCK A BULLET! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA!

WHOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING SPIDER-MAN! HAHAHA!

GOOOOO ANTMAN! LOL THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SO FUNNY MANY JOEKS!
>>
>>68075301

Why would Lex power himself up and fight Superman directly when during the entire movie Lex has been fucking shit up indirectly and using people to fight his fights? Then there's the daddy issues that are thematically tied with Doomsday.

So Lex powering himself up wouldn't make sense thematically and as a narrative.
>>
>>68074806
>>68075226
>What is Frankenstein? This shit is fucking common in stories like that.
>In Lex mind he was Doomsday's God, Doomsday's Creator, Doomsday's Father. Muh Frankenstein theme
>WHY DID THIS CHARACTER NOT SPILL THE BEANS ON THEIR WHOLE PLAN?

You implied he kept his frankenstein plan a secret, you're acting like "frankenstein" is somehow the theme of the movie-- but Lex never had such a plan until the last 15mins of the movie. Up to that point Lex was just mad at superman and wanted to kill him somehow, maybe by using batman maybe kryptonite, it wasn't certain.

The reason he never "spilled the beans on his whole plan" is because the frankenstein angle was shoe-horned in poorly
>>
>>68075439

>you're acting like "frankenstein" is somehow the theme of the movie

One of the themes. A movie can have multiple themes.

The Frankenstein theme is linked with the father-son theme that is sprinkled throughout the movie with Batman trying to live up to his father image, Superman trying to honoring his father's dreams and so on.

Also, multiple anons are responding to you.
>>
File: 1436003705388.jpg (52 KB, 459x525) Image search: [Google]
1436003705388.jpg
52 KB, 459x525
>>68075437
>Why would Lex power himself up

Because he had knowledge but no power himself, and that's what irked him.
By rolling the dice and creating some random monster he would remain in the same exact position, in fact worse.

The only way for him to get his power, would be to wield it himself. The "indirect" approach was not working, the senator woman failed him, his henchmen failed him, batman failed him.
>>
File: doomsday-t.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
doomsday-t.webm
3 MB, 720x480
Concerning Doomsday, some anons pointed out how most of the scenes in bvs got a reason to play out the way they did.
I noted it on the first viewing, but forgot about it until recently.

An interesting reaction Doomsday displays when projectiles miss and hit the LexCorps logo instead. Maybe that blood did have some impact?
>>
>>68075529

>By rolling the dice and creating some random monster he would remain in the same exact position, in fact worse.

He didn't knew that. He bowed his face down for his father, so why wouldn't his creation do the same?

In the movie Superman, Batman and Lex were reliving their father's actions and dreams. The power of the pussy gave Superman and Batman new purpose, but Lex wanted no pussy in his life.
>>
>>68075622
>He bowed his face down for his father, so why wouldn't his creation do the same?

cause he hated his father and wanted to rebel but was too weak
cause if his creation is actually strong, then it follows that it would rebel
cause this Doomsday isn't his kid, it's an alien zombie
cause the ship told him it would be extremely dangerous
etc
>>
I really don't get it. Lex even says "now God is doomed for sure" or something, after unleashing Doomsday.

So, he's admitting that he has just created something much more powerful than Superman, which has the mentality of the Hulk. He must believe he has just destroyed the world.

His plan was to destroy the world? Everything up to that point implies that he has a more interesting purpose than that.
>>
>>68075708

The Scout Ship fucked up. The Scout Ship said he'd create an abomination. That was a really bad word to use on Lex, since his father used to treat him as that. So in Lex mind he was just creating a new Lex.
>>
>>68075762

He didn't gave a shit to Earth.
>>
>>68075762
>Lex is crazy!
>Lex is dumb!
>muh themes

That's all you'll get.
>>
>>68075824
>He didn't gave a shit to Earth.
But everything up to that point, implied that he cared deeply about certain things, that he was thinking very very long-term about the repercussions of metahumans, and wanted to steer the future in a certain direction.

Everything about this version of Lex screams "it's for your own good, but you're too stupid to understand".

But I guess that's all just wrong? He's just literally insane?

I honestly quite liked this Lex and was looking forward to understanding his motives.
>>
>>68075948

He was bullshiting, anon. The senator lady saw though that shit and because of that he killed her. He even sacrificed his secretary. The man doesn't give a shit to anyone but himself.
>>
>>68076030
>anyone but himself.
But he lives on Earth! He's likely to be one of the first deaths!
>>
>>68076046

Doomsday was his child. He stupidly thought that he'd be fine.
Also, the kryptonita was probably his counter-measure.
>>
>>68076131
>Also, the kryptonita was probably his counter-measure.
How is killing Doomsday after Doomsday kills Superman, any easier than killing Superman? They're both Kryptonians, except that Superman can be tricked and is less powerful.
>>
>>68064605
The movie didn't, it utterly failed in that regard. However because I read comic books, I know.
>>
>>68076410

You're wrong.

Lex communicating with Darkseid's lackey happened after Doomsday was stopped. He did that as a last resort.

You can say that he learned of Darkseid when he studied the Scout Ship's library earlier in the movie, but the "Communion" happened after the Doomsday fight.
>>
>grown adults actually legitimately discussing capeshit

Fucking manchildren.
>>
>>68076672
>legitimately
m8 ive been shitposting the whole time
>>
>>68064465
Lex made zero sense in Batman vs Superman. Seriously, what the fuck was his endgame?
>>
>>68076753

POWER.

Lex went full Kanye West.
>>
>>68076702

>joke's on you, i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>68076850
for weeks now, its been fun, you should join in
>>
>>68076797
How would he gain power if Doomsday killed him? Which would have happened if Superman didn't stop it from happening.
>>
>>68074849
it was probably the finest shitpost ive ever seen, but you have to balance effort and reward anon
>>
>>68076797

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

Man, now that i said it this movie really fits perfectly with Lex character in the movie.

>>68076911

Doomsday was an extension of him and he was as confused as you when Doomsday went to hit his ass.
>>
>>68074893
>i cant understand it so its shit

you probably think lots of movies are shit

except for that drivel that marvel gives us twice a year
>>
>>68077098
>Doomsday was an extension of him and he was as confused as you when Doomsday went to hit his ass.
The fuck? "An extension of him"? We're just talking genetics, right?

I mean Doomsday is just a rage monster, isn't he? He isn't even smart enough to figure out who is related to him. And even if he did, why would he care?

It's like assuming your psychopath son won't kill you.
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.