[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Rey's power and skill is explained by her life as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: smug liberal.jpg (49 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
smug liberal.jpg
49 KB, 200x200
>Rey's power and skill is explained by her life as a desert scavenger
>>
File: 1456943110748.jpg (47 KB, 739x742) Image search: [Google]
1456943110748.jpg
47 KB, 739x742
>>68057837
>>
>>68057837
No, he power is explained by her heritage as a Skywalker.
>>
File: dune2[1].jpg (28 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
dune2[1].jpg
28 KB, 1024x576
>>68057837
Sounds about right
>>
It makes sense. In comparision, how else would you show Luke's natural affinity for lightsaber and blaster combat? It just makes sense.
>>
>>68057948

He didn't fight (and win) against Darth Vader without, literally, ever holding a lightsaber before.

Luke was a desert redneck that lived all his life with a blaster nearby to protect him from Tusken raiders and racing jets with his buddies while practicing his aiming ("I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters.")

They didn't even bother to handwave Rey's amazing skills at everything.
>>
>>68057837
N o
>>
>>68057837
you're all retarded if you didn't realize through context and inference that Rey was trained, at least for a couple-few years, as a Jedi, and didn't realize from denotative testimony from Ren that she was "strong in the Force"

desert upbringing at least makes her more confident and scrappy, if nothing else

however, that all being said, she was written too poorly. both the actress and Rian Johnson need to salvage her
>>
File: 614[1].jpg (61 KB, 429x720) Image search: [Google]
614[1].jpg
61 KB, 429x720
>Rey became an expert in hand-to-hand combat, droid and alien languages, mechanics, engineering and is an ace pilot thanks to her life scavenging scrap metal alone in the desert
>>
>>68059599
its le angling fish meme, like most 90% in this board. Basically OP is pretending to be retarded or to have a shitty opinion or post something disgusting, so that people replay to him. This leads to him get a small boast of positive chemicals and thus he is going to do it again.
>>
Go back to africa Jamal Kingsberg
>>
>>68057885
>Young anakin blows up star ship
>Wow, that doesn't make sense, he isn't trained or anything
>Rey fights Kylo easily
>She's a Skywalker! Dont be sexist :^)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.