[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How big was the shitstorm here when this movie first came out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
How big was the shitstorm here when this movie first came out?
>>
Massive, I remember it like it was just yesterday.
>>
>>68055004
4chan wasn't around when Fight Club was released in 1999...
>>
>>68055004
/tv/ loved it when it first came out.
>>
>>68055004
90% of this board wasn't even alive in 99
>>
>>68055004
Broadband internet wasn't a thing in 1999.
>>
>>68055004
This movie made a man
>>
>>68055004
Newfag detected
>>
I remember every fucking normie misinterpreting the flick as promoting Tyler's ideology. Some actual fight clubs even popped up in a few places in the US. Honestly, some flicks just aren't meant to be watched by normies.
>>
>>68055357

I don't see how anyone could listen to some of Tyler's spiels and not think "Jesus christ, this guy is so full of shit".
>>
>>68055074
jokes on you i was 4 years old

and let me tell ya, /tv/ was ALL ABOUT fight club back then. Back then fincher was the latest meme. Nowadays everyone just dismisses him as a redditor
>>
>>68055004
I think that most people on here who shit on this movie didn't see that what they hated about it, and particularly about the fans, is already adressed in the movie.
>>
>>68055699
Nihilism is the cumulative consequence of a rational/scientific approach of life.

Fight club is basically quick enlightenment for the ignorant masses, but said masses are so dumb it fails to do that

If you think Tyler is full of shit and didn't see some truth in what he said you're probably too irrational to be considered an intelligent human bean
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.