[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The show is almost oppressively grim and serious. Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 45674354.cached.jpg (49 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
45674354.cached.jpg
49 KB, 800x532
>The show is almost oppressively grim and serious. Stories about dragons and magic are supposed to be fun and adventurous
>The editing is all over the fucking place. One minute we're watching the men of the Nightswatch talking about wildlings, the next we're in King's landing hearing about the faith militant, then the next scene we're in Essos hearing about the sons of the Harpy. How is anyone supposed to follow this shit?
>They're constantly setting plot points for new episodes then just abandoning them. What the hell was that old guy in the tree? What do the white walkers even do?
>Nobodies motivations make sense. What the hell is Littlefinger's plan? Why do the Boltons hate the Starks?
>>
>>68045636
TV is about escapism and fun. I don't want to turn on the TV and have to think about death and corruption. Why does HBO have to take everything so seriously?
>>
Sorry you have a shitty attention span OP. Even bookfags do not know what the raven or the walkers want. You'll just have to keep watching.
>>
>>68045636
It's just tits and dragons
>>
>>68045636
I see what you did there. But you watch, Season 6 will quip your shit up.
>>
>>68045636
There's plenty of valid criticisms of the show but you didn't make any of them. Pay attention next time!
>>
>>68045636
>Stories about dragons and magic are supposed to be fun and adventurous

That's not true from even an historical standpoint.
>>
>DCucks STILL THIS fucking mad
>>
Why is fantasy allowed to be not fun but capeshit has to be whimsical?
>>
>>68045636
>Why do the Boltons hate the Starks?

Because they envy that they're powerful - there's a video about how Boltons were historically on top then bent the knee
>>
>>68046595
The point was NEVER that capeshit cant be dark. Everyone loved Nolan.

Its that BvS is grimdark almost to the point of parody because its confused darkness with thematic depth when its actually a vapid and stupid capeshit movie
>>
>>68045636
Fuck off retard, if you want constant quips and bright flashy shit go watch your capeshit

>editing all over the place

You're a fucking retard, seeing the story from multiple POVs is an important part of the story

>old guy in tree and white walkers

They're both in this season. Get an attention span you child

>nobodies motivations make sense

They do if you're over the mental age of 12

>Littlefinger

Resents being born into a weak family. His lack of nobility meant he couldn't marry the woman he loved, and he realised he can't fight for what he wants.

So he uses his own talents to get his way to the top, and benefits from chaos

>why do the Boltons hate the Starks

The Starks were the ruling wardens of the north. The Boltons were the 2nd strongest family, pshh nothing personal kid
>>
I fall asleep during every episode
>>
>it's a 2 people having a conversation scene

Surely there are more creative ways to tell a story than having it spoonfed with exposition
>>
>>68045636
>DCucks in charge of letting go of things
>>
>>68046595
Capeshit can be "not fun", see: Nolan's movies

But it has to be well done

GOT/ASOIAF is a show aimed at adults from day 1. Superman isn't
>>
Ok, I gotta ask:

With Aegon gone from the show, how did they explain Varys' motivation?

In S1 he's plotting with Mopatis in King's Landing about slowing down the war mongering, because they're not ready yet. At the same time he allows the death sentence for Danny to be sent to Essos. Fast foward to S5 he's suddenly on Targaryen side again.

I can't get my head around this. Could anyone help me?
>>
>>68047041
Working with what the show has given us, you could say that he tipped off Jorah to the assassination attempt by "relieving him of his duties," just a few minutes before it would go down.
>>
>>68045636
>Stories about dragons and magic are supposed to be fun and adventurous
Says who?

>How is anyone supposed to follow this shit?
We don't all have ADHD, friend.

>They're constantly setting plot points for new episodes then just abandoning them. What the hell was that old guy in the tree? What do the white walkers even do?
>What the hell is Littlefinger's plan? Why do the Boltons hate the Starks?
The show isn't finished yet...
>>
>The show is almost oppressively grim and serious. Stories about dragons and magic are supposed to be fun and adventurous
That's kind of it's selling point. It's dark and edgy.
>The editing is all over the fucking place. One minute we're watching the men of the Nightswatch talking about wildlings, the next we're in King's landing hearing about the faith militant, then the next scene we're in Essos hearing about the sons of the Harpy. How is anyone supposed to follow this shit?
The show has a lot of problems, but a lot of those scenes are thematically tied. Not always, but often enough.
Yeah, they're clumsy as fuck and making up shit as they go along. Some established facts are straight up forgotten too. Still, a lot of what you mentioned isn't dropped, it's just still waiting for a payoff. White Walkers are a constant presence for example, so they're hardly abandoned.
>Nobodies motivations make sense. What the hell is Littlefinger's plan? Why do the Boltons hate the Starks?
This happens a lot because of rule of cool. I don't think even D&D know what LF is doing. Boltons just didn't want to get rek'd with Robb and made a profitable power grab. It's not that complicated.
>>
try Malazan
>>
File: 100eyes.jpg (90 KB, 1920x960) Image search: [Google]
100eyes.jpg
90 KB, 1920x960
Marco Polo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Game of Dykes
>>
>>68045636
we know, it's a laughably bad show, what's your point?
>>
>>68046087
>what the raven wants
Corn m8
>>
>>68047338
Yeah that show is boring as fuck.
>>
Hard to believe people think this schlock is better than The Sopranos.
>>
>>68045636
everything you mentioned is spot on. the show is incoherent. the tone is wildly inconsistent. there is no coherent flow. essentially it is the essence of anti-climactic television.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.