[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ratchet and clank movie out soon Anybody else here hype?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 1280x720
Ratchet and clank movie out soon
Anybody else here hype?
>>
>>68040576
Not really.

I ought to play the games first, but the movie just looks juvenile.
>>
If it isn't good I'm commiting sudoku
>>
No because I'm over 20, never was interested in XTREME banjo kazooie
>>
>>68040615

The games are the same with the humor, but I really enjoyed them as a kid.

I don't think I'd like them much now other than nostalgia
>>
>>68040615
Well, the games were pretty juvenile.
>>
>>68040654
>my vidya is better than your vidya

you still sound like a child despite your age m8
>>
Is vidyakino finally becoming real?
>>
>>68040576
I knew a kid who played this in middle school. He fell of a bridge and died. Haha, what a fag.
>>
I expect it to flop.
>>
>>68040655
>The games are the same with the humor
I know this is true but it just feels less funny in the clips and trailer. Maybe what's missing is all the quirky little details you get immersed in when you actually play the games. Or maybe I'm just getting old. What a frightening thought.

Unrelated, but does the animation look, what's the word... sluggish to anyone else? In quick cuts like in the trailer I didn't really notice, but in actual clips it sticks out to me.
>>
>>68040696
Never said my games are better, just never had an interest in this franchise because it looks like a copy of older games cobbled together, sorry the answer makes you insecure bud
>>
>>68040756
>Haha, what a fag.
That's okay, anon, we all grieve in our own ways.
>>
>>68040654
pretty different games

XTREME banjo kazooie would be more like the first jak and daxter maybe
>>
Ratchet and Clank was one of my favourite series growing up but I have zero interest in this.
It's nice that they got the characters voice actors back and it'll be nice if it gets people interested in the series again but meh.
>>
>>68040576

I'm a ratchetautist but I don't have any hopes for it
TJ is not a great writer
They are clearly targeting a kid audience because it's the only possible way of making a profit with the movie
Going by the trailer alone, the humor is much more 'this is a kids movie' than even the newer TJ games
The creative liberties they're taking with the first game's plot don't bother me inherently, however I'm hesitant about drek's new personality
The fact they have absolutely failed to promote the film in any capacity (the last trailer released was e3 last year) is concerning

The game should be fun at least
>>
>>68040727
If they make a movie about a batman game or whatever would it be called capevidyakino?
>>
>>68040891
I just assumed it was quarks version of the story aka a lie
>>
File: Dallas_re-imagined.png (263 KB, 473x424) Image search: [Google]
Dallas_re-imagined.png
263 KB, 473x424
WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>68040899
Legobatman is coming out, anon
>>
>>68040576
I don't like how they changed the plot.
>>
What happened to his face
>>
>>68040920
Maybe it's played for laughs an he dons a wig by the end of it
>>
>>68040917
>I just assumed it was quarks version of the story aka a lie
The game is playing that angle, and it's why the changes don't bother me (although people trying to call it a retcon does). The potential issue with drek is that he won't be as interesting a character, but maybe everything will work out

I think the movie has potential to be a mediocre kids movie, which, considering the track record for video game movies, would be a success
>>
>>68040966

I'm hoping that's what they're doing
juanita has eyes now though
>>
it's funny how with all this modern technology Ratchet's face looks more bland and less emotive than his face from the original game.
>>
>>68040576
Looks too much like a kids movie and kind of a slap in the face to all the older people who actually grew up with the movie
Hope the game is good but it seems like it might be a rushed barebones game just to promote the film
>>
>>68040899
>>68040930
Is there a LegoBane?
>>
File: Dr._Nefarious_Crayons.png (298 KB, 852x479) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Nefarious_Crayons.png
298 KB, 852x479
>revitalizing a franchise that already had decent closure

When has this ever worked out well?
>>
>>68041006
Oh god no
Why?
Please no
>>
>>68041006
There's also one of those time travelling aliens in that image, despite not living in the solana galaxy...
>>
>>68041023
>Hope the game is good but it seems like it might be a rushed barebones game just to promote the film
The game was announced 2 years ago and has been in development for longer than that, rushed is the last thing it'll be

>>68041100
insomniac gave rainmaker a whole bunch of art assets from the newer games which is why all of the alien species from CIT and A4O show up everywhere

Have you seen the original characters from the movie? They're literally just 'human with non-human color skin'. Rainmaker are shit character designers
>>
File: tfw when no friends.png (60 KB, 182x192) Image search: [Google]
tfw when no friends.png
60 KB, 182x192
>tfw no friends
>>
>>68041299
I remember the dozens of afternoons I spent with my friends playing LAN multiplayer on RC3. Those were the days.
>tfw you will never have days like that again
>>
No cute bunny to want to fuck
No fucks given
>>
>>68041029
>"If I pulled your head off, would you die?"
>>
File: vstarterpack.jpg (448 KB, 1994x948) Image search: [Google]
vstarterpack.jpg
448 KB, 1994x948
>no one telling OP to go back to /v/

That's it

I'm done with this board

Fuck all of you
>>
>>68041793
>a movie doesn't belong on /tv/
Ebig meme
>>
>>68040696

you call someone a child because they said they didn't like a copycat? Why are you so triggered?
>>
>>68041793
Good. Never come back
>>
>>68042057
yea u mad
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.