[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to watch this for the first time, is it acceptable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
I'm about to watch this for the first time, is it acceptable to watch it dubbed?
>>
Dude youre about to have fun.
>>
Subs>Dubs. Always.
>>
>>68038919
Ignore this weeb shlub. Dubs are fine. And enjoy the flick
>>
I generally despised watching anything dubbed but they're not that bad with this movie. Not stellar, but not bad.

The Major and Captain Aramaki voices are particularly well suited for their characters and imo it's an actual loss not to have them even if you have less cringe worthy delivery here and there with lesser characters in the subs.
>>
The dub is pretty awful IMO. Unnecessary swearing that makes it feel wantonly edgy instead of a slow paced procedural thriller.
>>
>>68039029

only if you are 8 years old and a burger.
>>
>>68038919
Fuck off, weeb
>>
>>68039632
like this guy, see >>68039724
>>
>>68038919
No. You're a faggot.

OP, anybody who talks shit about dubbing is a jap wannabee faggot who for some reason feels cooler when they watch cartoons in a language they don't understand while reading subtitles like a deaf person. They're like the hipsters of fucking loser nerds.

If a dub is decent, watch the dub. Always. If you want to read, then get a fucking book instead of a movie or show.
>>
>>68038733
yes. The director Oshii okayed the English dub
>>
the dub is really, really bad.
>>
>>68039793
weebs BTFO
>>
this particular dub sounds like it was voiced by a cast of 12 year olds

stick to the weed version
>>
Always watch a film in its original language if possible. It's not about being weeb or not, it's about getting the purest experience.
>>
>>68038733
dub is fine for this
>>
File: vstarterpack.jpg (457 KB, 1994x948) Image search: [Google]
vstarterpack.jpg
457 KB, 1994x948
>>68038733
>entry level shit
>>>/v/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.