[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got back from Hardcore Henry. I gotta say it's pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Semi Aggressive Sally.jpg (90 KB, 1492x832) Image search: [Google]
Semi Aggressive Sally.jpg
90 KB, 1492x832
Just got back from Hardcore Henry. I gotta say it's pretty fucking awesome. I've been feeling down lately and really needed a movie like this.

It's intense, funny, and really (even though this word usually has a negative connotation on /tv/) fun.

What did everyone else think?
>>
>>68035504

its not a movie its a gimmick for all the dumbas gamerbros
>>
>>68035567
I can understand that criticism, but the gimmick honestly works well.
>>
>>68035504
I thought it was decent, kinda got a little sick at some parts but other than that it was alright
>>
>>68035791
Sick from the gore?
>>
>>68035890
Not him, but obviously from the camera movement.
>>
>>68035919
Ah that makes sense. Honestly didn't even cross my mind. Forgive my incompetence friend.
>>
>>68035504
>opening scene with the slow-motion skin penetration from knives and bullets
>All the Jimmy avatars (more specifically coked-up Jimmy and Top Hat Musical Jimmy)
>Magnificent Seven theme when you find the horse
>The Adrenaline/Don't Stop Me Now sequence
>Ripping open Slick Dimitry's chest
>Ripping open YOUR OWN chest
>Tearing a dude's head in half with your fucking optic nerve

Hollywood needs more movies like this. Just absolute, balls-out fucking insane movies that don't give two flying fucks whether or not the audience is squeamish or sensitive or any of that shit.

>This is fucking war, baby!!
>>
>>68036100
Glad to see someone shared my love for it. It was something different, and you have to give it props for that.

Also, checked.
>>
Y'know, what keeps crossing my mind is everyone's comparing it to CoD, but CoD's all fucking serious jingoistic patriotism. That's fine and all, but it's not even close to what this movie is.

This movie's more Saint's Row III or Just Cause 3 than it is CoD or Medal Of Honor.
>>
>>68036189
Totally agree. The tone just feels more Saints Row than anything else to me. Although it's hard not to see the little nod to the Chernobyl level of COD4 when Vikas and Henry head to the hotel.
>>
>>68036294
I never played CoD 4. Just never felt like it.

Question: Say I have a head-mounted GoPro strap and a decent story idea. Would it be too soon if I filmed it, would it be seen as a ripoff?
>>
Gawd. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>68036367
Wait a year.
>>
>>68036461
Aight
>>68036439
>Gawd
Into the fucking garbage with you.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 680x453
>>
File: trash it.png (50 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
trash it.png
50 KB, 180x191
>>68036100
>opening scene with the slow-motion skin penetration from knives and bullets
>Magnificent Seven theme when you find the horse
>The Adrenaline/Don't Stop Me Now sequence

I was reading the green text thinking 'Come on, this guy obviously is heavily biased against the film, it couldn't be that cliche'.

>mfw I realised those were good qualities for you.
>>
File: 1457030911384.gif (801 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1457030911384.gif
801 KB, 250x170
>>68036439
>Gawd
>>
>>68035504
I feel like the chick in that movie was the Russian non-union equivalent of Jennifer Lawrence. The resemblance is almost distracting.

Also Sharlto Copley was simply a delight in this movie.
>>
>>68036912
Right?
>swn get in a catfight with JLaw that ends in them making out on camera
>>
This director is a real prodigy, here's a clip from the upcoming sequel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxaDoyl-1s
>>
>>68035504
Viral plant social media plant is plantastic
>>
Just got back from it and loved the shit out of the movie. Jimmy power rankings

Coked out Jimmy
Colonel Jimmy
Hippie Jimmy
Punk Jimmy
Ghillie Jimmy
>>
>>68035504
Are you 12?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.