[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brit here. I was sat in Subway eating a sandwich and noticed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: ZOOTROPOLIS_TEASER_UK.jpg (158 KB, 770x1100) Image search: [Google]
ZOOTROPOLIS_TEASER_UK.jpg
158 KB, 770x1100
Brit here.
I was sat in Subway eating a sandwich and noticed posters and shit for Zootopia. Not gonna watch it as I'm neither a furry nor a child, but I noticed all the logos said "Zootropolis" instead of "Zootopia."
The next day I figured I just dreamed it up.
Three days later, I just checked on wikipedia and what the fuck..?

>"Zootopia was retitled for theatrical release across several international territories. In the United Kingdom and other European countries, the film was renamed Zootropolis, a reference to the concept of a 'metropolis'; all lines that include "Zootopia" were also redubbed. The film was also known as Zoomania in Germany and as Crazy Animal City in China."

This has to be the most pointless name change I've heard of. And redubbing all the lines into "Zootropolis" must have cost time and effort better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>68026109
>Brit here
>Zootopia
>not "Zootropolis"

I don't believe you
>>
>>68026109
>zootopia
>utopia
>zootropolis
>utropolis

EUROS?
>>
>>68026109
It's because there's a copyright for Zootopia already in Europe you dumb idiot
>>
>>68026210
Exactly. There was literally no reason to change it.

>>68026245
Fair enough, but Disney have literal unlimited riches and could have bought or licensed the name. The logistics alone for changing the name across every single piece of merchandise boggle the mind.
>>
It was changed for Trademark and licensing reasons.
>>
What would Fritz Lang say
>>
File: so fucking kc tier.jpg (3 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
so fucking kc tier.jpg
3 MB, 3504x2336
>animal puns: the movie
>>
>>68026109
This reminds me of when they changed Sorcerer's Stone to Philosopher's Stone to make it easier for dumb brits to understand.
>>
I refuse to call it Zootropolis

Decent film, tho. I want more Judy & Nick
>>
>>68026291
>Fair enough, but Disney have literal unlimited riches and could have bought or licensed the name

>why did they waste that money on redubbing
>why didn't they waste money paying out to someone that got there first

when fucking DISNEY comes to you and asks to use your copyright, are you going to give them a low-ball offer?
Use your brain anon. Jesus christ.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 235x235
>>68028570
>>
>>68028415
He would have liked the movie.
>>
>>68026109

Fucking China man
>>
>>68028840
>super wacky fuzzy animal fun times for all!
>>
>>68028521
Nope, in fact the puns were very subtle, it wasnt IN YOUR FACE the whole time.
>>
This happens all the time.
Bad Neighbours is called Neighbours in the US because they thought Brits might confuse it with the Aussie Soap.
>>
I went to see it at my bong cinema and the whkole movie is changed to accomodate the name change. It's fucking bizarre they would do this.
>>
>>68026109
If not for the name change would you have watched in 3D or Real D 3D?
>>
>>68026291
>unlimited riches and could have bought or licensed the name. The logistics alone for changing the name across every single piece of merchandise boggle the mind.
>pay 1 billion euromoney to some retard with a zoo named zootopia
>or
>force an unpaid intern that had to suck 10 million dicks to get a job at disney to photoshop "ropolis" over "opia" in every piece of promo art or else hes fired

garsh that sure is a hard decision
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.