[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROGUE ONE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: R1.jpg (457 KB, 1906x1610) Image search: [Google]
R1.jpg
457 KB, 1906x1610
Just watched the teaser, what did you guys think?

I liked seeing the old stormtrooper armor and the AT-ATs again.

New additions also look interesting.

Definitely has a different feel from what we've seen before, but in a good way.
>>
i think star wars is pretty gay desu.
it used to be cool.
now its just lame, like, hunger games type of lame. fuck star wars.
>>
>>68020932

It's gonna be shit. Everything is shit.
>>
teaser was gorgeous and honestly looks equal or superior to TFA

Reminds me of the feeling you got playing rogue squadron and other OT-era games, where you really got immersed into the star wars universe
>>
>>68021625
Also the old Battlefront games.
>>
>>68020932
I think if she and her team end up dying and just barely transmit the data and the movie is really an excuse to watch vader wreck shit in his prime with modern special effects it could be fun. But seeing as how she's a a street smart survivor rebel who has her criminal past ignored because she's just the type of person the alliance needs it's going to be a shitshow where vader loses and gets devalued further so marey 2.0 can prove how cool she is.
>>
>>68020932
It was fine. Not sure why would they make a movie of this, but we'll see.
>>
>ANOTHER DEATH STAR
Jesus they really have no originality with these flicks.
>>
>IT'S A REBELLION. I REBEL.

cringe worthy dialogue
>>
>>68020932
I'm looking forward for the new team and the droid, but they didn't show much of it. Tank shots were pretty cool, as they looked like the WWI tanks, which are what the chicken walkers based off of.
>>
>>68020932
I think I hate star wars threads.
>>
>>68020932
I'm going to see this kino 12 times in the cinéma
>>
>>68021854
It was a really good line IMO

Luke was just some faggot on a desert planet, he wasn't under the boot of the empire, this is the real shit here, like living under a city occupied by nazis
>>
She is the most generic 90s action hero ever
>>
>>68021015
How can this be hunger games and the originals not be like the hunger games? This movie has the exact same type of plot as 4 and 6:

>Get a team together
>Go find the plans
>Give the plans to the good guys

Hunger games was like:
>Girl is fighting in a contest and becomes famous in a dystopian society COMPLETELY ruled by a tyranny

The key word is completely. The Empire doesn't have control over many outer rim territories, not to mention the rebellion is pretty massive in size
>>
>>68021814
>another
We already know it won't be destroyed or be used at all
>>
>>68021920
It's still an awful line that sounds like it belongs in a YA film like the Hunger Games or its ilk.
>>
>>68022074
Not to mention the whole tragic ending that will probably happen at the end. Not as uplifting as a YA movie
>>
>>68022153
>tragic ending that will probably happen at the end
has there been literally one piece of evidence for this or is it just fanboys pretending disney cares about keeping vader cool as much as they do?
>>
>New additions also look interesting
WHICH? everything is fucking recycled! Or did I miss anything besides the stereotypical samurai asian?
>>
File: 10282938.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
10282938.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
........I rebel
>>
>>68020932
I just wanna see some vader
>>
>>68022628
vader is nothing but a pathetic meme now
>>
>>68021814
I thought it's the same one from a new hpe, and rouge one wold take place before that movie
>>
>>68020932
Another "I'M A WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR" movie.

Besides that, the teaser felt very generic in combat. It's just seems like another Star wars movie: childish and with very little nuance in anything that it does.
>>
>>68020932
i wonder if boba fett will show
>>
File: image.jpg (731 KB, 1712x1338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
731 KB, 1712x1338
>>68022722
Woo hoo, more SJW propaganda in Star Wars. Kasdan said in an interview that he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when Jewish Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted, prejudiced and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order was a Jewish take on ultimate evil. And because modern Jews are obsessed with The Shoah and WWII everything magically relates to MUH SIX MILLION.

It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything.

Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were sevearl shots of a black man and a white woman walking as a couple in the street. It was there to sell us something. It was out of place and revisionist. It's tacky and it's condescending.

The objective is to shape public opinion with the assumption that everyone needs "educating" and are too dumb to pick up on the flagrant advertising of their agenda. In this case, it was a short throwaway scene and it still took me out of the movie. The message is basically, "You're too dumb to find the right opinions by yourself, so we're going to give you direction by placing certain things in the media you consume."

SJW placement just seems dishonest and manipulative. Flagrant product placement annoys me whether it's a product I like or not. It takes me out of the ride that it should be, pauses everything to remind me what I'm supposed to think, and then expects me to jump back in with full enthusiasm.
>>
>>68022950
he will, his ship toy was leaked
>>
>>68023092
>/u/Fat_Toad_on_Two_Legs

Go back to rebbit.
>>
File: STAR_WAS_All_Time.jpg (885 KB, 1024x1200) Image search: [Google]
STAR_WAS_All_Time.jpg
885 KB, 1024x1200
>>68020932

This is what I saw...
>>
The cgi at-ats and the lack of care for rebel outfits leaves me somewhat disappointed.
>>
>>68024777
is that daisy ridley?
>>
>>68021854
>Anakin: From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask.
[uncomfortable pause]
>Anakin: ... if you are suffering as much as I am, PLEASE, tell me.
>>
>>68024777

That'd make 2 Billion. Easy.
>>
>>68020932
Looks fine.

But the lead looks like a damn teenager.
And why are there still no aliens doing anything in these goddamn movies other than Chewie?
>>
Looks like hunger games. Shill mary sue lead who is only there to sell toys to SJWs
>>
>>68021962
but she rebels...
>>
>>68024777
go to an eye doctor

>>68027050
>>>/pol/
>>
>>68021854
>IT'S A PANZERSCHREK. I SCHREK PANZER.
>>
I think Rogue One is a pretty cool guy, commits every crime in the universe and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>68020932
Bitch is going to be OP like rey
>>
Looks better than TFA.
>>
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 723x729) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 723x729
>we want that urban crowd
>>
File: 1426647030133.jpg (21 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1426647030133.jpg
21 KB, 500x625
How many goddamn fucking times are we going to have a Death Star?!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.