[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts On City of God?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: 340271.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
340271.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1080
I loved it. The film making was fantastic, great development and overall the ending was very satisfying. What does /tv/ think of this?
>>
>>68014121

Love it.

But others will hate it because it's directed by a woman.
>>
>>68014121

Literally one of the best movies ever made. I feel like alot of the style and editing/cutting ("The apartment") is found in alot of movies.

City of God is in my personal top 5. Very few films come close to the flow and narration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EGZpaOfMOw
>>
It's fucking awesome.

Dadinho é o caralho, meu nome agora é Zé pequeno porra
>>
It made me hate Brazilians and realize their country is a corrupt shithole with the most murders in the entire world per year.
>>
>>68014512

Really? There was a girl taking advantage of by Shaggy and rape. Surprised she did it.

>>68014513

Goes to show you that great movies don't have to be done via big hollywood budgets. Benny's part got to me big time.
>>
>Haven't you figured this out yet? I DON'T SPEAK YOUR FUCKING LANGUAGE!

Shit, wrong art form.
>>
>>68014628

I go on a website that many hate but they have a certain section where you can watch people die. Let me just say about 90% of the videos and gifs are from brazil. Extremely brutal shit.

The part where Lil Dice kills people indiscriminately? Happens in real life as well. Some young kid was talking to some other guy, jokes around by saying something about his hair and the guy seemingly walks away. Seconds later he pulls out a pistol and shoots the guy in the chest and walks away. You could the see the moment his eyes died out. Shit was haunting.
>>
>>68014762
BR fucking monkies. This is what happens when you mix spic, Native Amerindian, black and white people together. Multiculturalism is a mistake
>>
>>68014985

Stfu and go die in a ditch. If I wanted stupid nonsense like that in my thread, I would have posted this somewhere.
>>
Not as good as The Wire. Baby's first ghetto.
>>
>>68014985
It comes with the side effect of supreme physical fitness, though.
>>
>>68015044
They're completely different.
>>
>>68015044

The Wire is a tv show, this is a movie you idiot.
>>
>>68015181
>>68015261
Exactly.
>>
>>68015181
>>68015261
Precisely.
>>
>>68015044
La haine is better
>>
Pretty great, but Tropa de Elite was even better. Have you ever seen a movie where half its audience are Brazilians cheering on the fascist police with PTSD and mental beakdowns being unneccesarily violent towards criminals, and the other hafl are American movie critics who haven't realised movies don't actually ahve to agree with the main character.

Has any other movie done moral ambiguity so well?
>>
>>68015653

I just feel this movie excels at fluidity. Everything was well directed and the story didn't came together at the end and ending was grade a.

To see these characters all come around Lil Z on way or another is something I haven't seen in a movie in a good minute.

I will check out the movie you suggested anon,
>>
>>68015043
Found the mixed monkey
>>
>>68014121
Watched it because of seu Jorge. Was not disappointed
>>
>>68015727
It's really really violent, a lot more than City of Gods. Made me a bit sick at the end
>>
>>68015468
At least France is a 1st world country :^)
>>
>>68016013

This movie showed people getting shot and a girl getting raped.....how bad could it be?
>>
>>68016270
There are people getting burned alive, kids getting tortured, a lot of people getting tortured really
>>
>>68015043
>my thread

o i am laffin

Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>68016361
>kids
The younger i can remember was 15 or more, hardly kids
>>
>>68014985
This and the heat is what causes it. Its a genetic cesspit
>>
>>68015147
Tru dat.
>>
>>68014121
>freeze frame
>I bet you're wondering how I got here. First, I need to tell you about the Tender Trio
>>
>>68014513
it's bad
literally nothing note worthy in the movie
shows how much you like nigger cock
>>
>>68015147
americuck pls
>>
O Homem Que Copiava is also breddy gud.
>>
Too bad it will take my shit country decades to produce something on thos level

Tropa de elite 1 and 2
Carandiru
City of gods

Everything else is shit to me
>>
>>68017978
Still haven't seen 2 is it as good as 1?
>>
>>68018315

it's a different movie, the perspective now is about what we call "milicianos". Ex-police that control the drug traffic and services around favelas and poor communities.

And how they are connected to politicians and the media in corruption schemes.

The subject of the movie is very real and Padilha actually had to move out of Brazil after this movie.

So yes, overall I recommend it. But I prefer the first movie.
>>
I like it a lot too, due for a second watch.

It's just the moralfag in me, but I really appreciate how it avoids the mixed messages of its influences like Goodfellas and Trainspotting. Those movies that are obviously saying "gangs/drugs are bad" but the movie is so stylistic and fun and it asks you to sympathize with the characters to the point that people take them as fantasies. City of God manages to get around that very well, the lead is an outsider to the crime world it shows from the very beginning that the criminals are terrible people that shouldn't be appealing to the audience
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.