[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Episode VII: The Copy Paste Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: shit.jpg (332 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
332 KB, 1920x1080
just saw the flick. how the fuck do people even like this filth? it was literally a copy paste shitty version of episode 4.

>ANH: droid is sent into the desert with secret plans
TFA:d: droid is sent into the desert with secret plans
>ANH: heroes are captured and interrogated on the death star by vader
TFA: heroes are captured and interrogated on the death star by ren
>ANH: the death star has obvious weak points making it easy to destroy
TFA: death star has obvious weak points that make it a giant sitting duck
>ANH: hero lives on a desert planet longing for more in life
TFA: hero lives on a desert longing for more in life

also ren has to be the worst ever villain of all time. there was nothing evil or scary or intimidating about ren. he was nothing but a emo little sissy cuck who got BTFO by a nigger and a slave. -9/10 worst """"""film"""""""" ecer.
>>
and?
>>
>>68006742
OP here.
My blood pressure is literally rising at how shitty and shit this meme piece of trash was.

Finn has no business holding a ligh saber yet was able to go toe to toe with ren.

rey had zero official training whatsoever yet was able to master the jedi mind trick with zero guidance

ren was not evil, he was nothing but an over emotional little bitch withno direction in life. there was nothing charismatic or intimidating about ren at all.
>>
>>68006742
If that's really all you got out of a sci-fi action movie, I seriously doubt your ability to appreciate even the plebiest of patrician films.
>>
Just saw it today, it was pretty fucking shit in terms of being a star wars film but otherwise ok.

I wanted to see Jedis and shit not two useless non-jedis who don't get instantly rekt against a sith
>>
>>68006742
I just saw
>aliens
>terminator 2
>ghostbusters 2
>die hard 2
>home alone 2
>evil dead 2
and it was literally a copy paste shitty version of the first one

Welcome to sequels. If you only focus on what is the same, then it's easy to call TFA a straight copy of Star Wars. That just requires you to ignore all the things they did differently. TFA and Star Wars are more different than most sequels anon. Only thing that's actually a problem is another, biggerer Death Star. Everything else is different enough for a movie sequel, especially after the prequels.
>>
>>68006850
>Finn has no business holding a ligh saber yet was able to go toe to toe with ren.
>ren was not evil, he was nothing but an over emotional little bitch withno direction in life. there was nothing charismatic or intimidating about ren at all.
See when people type shit like this out you know it's either b8 or they've completely lost their minds in devotion to their cause.
>>
>>68007020
But Aliens wasn't a copy of Alien.
>>
>>68007208
You're right, there were MORE ALIENS and a BIGGER ALIEN. There's no proximity sensor drama, shady reason a powerful group above the characters is keeping them in danger, countdown at the end, Ripley wasn't carrying around a smaller mammal during the end, and no android.

Alien 3 director's cut is better than either cut of Aliens.

It's the same movie, except in a different genre. Arguably TFA is a modern action comedy in the Star Wars universe instead of a 1970s space-fantasy movie.
>>
>>68007352
He went with action, yes. But you said it was a copy, which it's not. And if you like Aliens 3 then you're clearly a faggot master who likes it up the ass.
>>
>>68007352
You have objectively shit taste
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDxxnhhlE2k/?taken-by=daisyridley

CUTE GOT CUTER
U
T
E
R
>>
File: 1458990767433.jpg (430 KB, 1493x1600) Image search: [Google]
1458990767433.jpg
430 KB, 1493x1600
>>68007714
you can watch the q&a on Star Wars facebook, my man
>>
For me its kinda like poetry

it rhymes with the first movie but isn't simply a remake its something new
>>
>>68007403
It is a copy. If you're gonna be that nitpicky then none of the movies in the list count because technically there are some differences, just not important ones. And the entire point, the context of me posting the list and Aliens is talking about TFA. Alien and Aliens are about as different as Star Wars and The Force Awakens. Some small changes, new characters, and a very similar basic plot structure.

>you like what I don't like so you're a faggot
Grow up.
And Alien 3 director's cut is a better Alien movie than Aliens because Aliens is a decidedly stupid action movie that didn't have what I liked about Alien. Regular Alien 3 is worse than Aliens.

Alien>Alien 3 DX>Aliens DX>Aliens>Alien DX>Alien 3
>>
>>68007714
>f-forget about the shit movie guys l-look a waifu
>>
>>68007792
I think you just wrote the most retarded post I've ever seen. Well done.
>>
>>68007955
Yeah how dare I have opinions different from yours. At least I explained them instead of smugly dismissing someone's post without any response to what they said. You're cancer faggot. I came here to talk about television and movies, not circle jerk with a bunch of people that feel the exact same way I do.
>>
>>68007792
Except the plot is actually different in Aliens
Alien:
>Ship finds planet with a distress signal
>Ship lands on planet
>Some crew to go distress signal source and find an alien craft
>Some of the crew go in and one is infected with a parasitic creature
>Whole crew worried what has happened to their friend
>Parasite dies and crew member wakes up
>Creatures bursts out of chest of crew member
>Crew tries to hunt down creature but gets picked off one by one
>One survivor as the creature is left in space

Aliens:
>Ship finds survivor after 50-100 years (Forgot how many years)
>Corporation that found survivor wants her to join a mission to a colony that has gone dark
>Marines, survivor and corporation people drop down to planet
>Find a Xenomorph hive and lone child survivor of the attack.
>Marines, survivor and others trapped on planet until another drop ship can come by
>Hive comes awake and tries to kill all the characters
>Original survivor hardens up to save child from the xenos after they kidnap her.
>Drop ship comes by and picks characters up after a few got slaughtered.
>Queen of hive was on dropship and original survivor must fight it
>All survivors (Marine, Original and child) go into hibernation state

One is a story of survival against a new foe and the other is the story of someone who dealt with these things before and whether that scarred them for life. The plots can't be the same since in Aliens, the enemy is known to at least one character.

Alien>Aliens DX>=Alien 3 DX>Aliens>Alien 3> Alien ressurection.
>>
>>68008100
You really focused in on way too much minute shit for your Alien synopsis.

>aliens and people meet
>facehuggers facehug
>alien(s) pick off crew/squad until protagonist is left
>count down with protagonist running with something alive in her arms

Look I know it's not a shot for shot remake, but that same basic plot is there. They're very similar. I'm admitting the specifics change, just like the specifics change between Star Wars and TFA, which is the whole context of even talking about the Alien franchise in the first place. Having your big difference between Alien and Aliens be "a crew was worried about their friend" instead of "marines get scared" is pointless and hair splitting. Intro, mystery, alien attack, regroup and plan of attack, alien fucks side characters up, countdown, running, perceived safety and final attack on alien. You also have half of Alien as nearly all of your Alien list. That's just bullshit.

And again, this is all about these sequels being relative to TFA and calling it a Star Wars copy.
>>
File: 1460067043516.jpg (17 KB, 264x292) Image search: [Google]
1460067043516.jpg
17 KB, 264x292
>>68008260
>Look I know it's not a shot for shot remake, but that same basic plot is there
>>
>>68008260
You actually make a good point.

I personally don't feel or see it though whenever I watch it. I guess it is the direction that Cameron took the movie compared to Ridley. A sequel doesn't necessarily have to have a completely different plot point, as long as the details through the plot are different, character growth between films and all that. I agree with the sentiment of Episode VII (Not to the extreme in the OP but yeah) because too many details were the same. I don't feel the same with Alien and Aliens because the details are different enough to have a different plot.
>>
>>68006742
Im surprised that people call it better than the prequels.

At least the prequels had some ideas behind them than a shitty copy paste of episode 4.
>>
>>68008490
As much as I dislike VII for all the poetry it had, the bad ideas in the prequels were bad. Don't get me wrong, if Lucas had people like he did with episode 4 that could refine his ideas, the prequels would've been good. However, no one said no to George and any bad idea he had was never contested. Other Star Wars media knew there some good ideas in the prequels (Video games, books and the animated TV shows showed this) but the movies themselves, nah.

An new idea gone badly wrong is worse than a rehash which is worse than a good movie.
>>
>>68008546
the funny thing is that the animated TV shows was George Lucas working hand in hand with the animators which is why it was so good. Almost all the best parts of the show was his ideas.
>>
>>68008596
George I find is the ultimate ideas man. He can generate ideas for others to work on, but he can't refine his own ideas. Unfortunately, when people stopped telling him "No, how about we do it like this..." is when he started to be what he was like in the prequels.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.