[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tv/ like this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: well.jpg (270 KB, 998x1423) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
270 KB, 998x1423
Does /tv/ like this movie?
>>
I do

Kino
>>
I liked the way the hammer/elevator scene was shot, and the villain was great. I won't make an effort to watch it again.
>>
>>68005286
10/10

Plot, cinematography, music, everything
>>
>>68005286
water is wet?
>>
is this anything like ichi the killer?

sorry to sound like a pedestrian but damn I love that movie. The scene where they're walking down the street and the music playing was fucking great
>>
>>68005349
>tfw I watched the Spike Lee version first
why do niggers ruin everything?
>>
>>68005375
Don't blame niggers, blame yourself.
>>
>>68005353
It's not like Ichi, since I love Old Boy and didn't like Ichi at all.

Also, Lady and Mister Vengeance weren't that good, but Thirst and Stoker blew my fucking mind
>>
>>68005286
To tell you the truth I couldn't get past the first 15 minutes. I didnt' think it was interesting at all and I was also in quite a bad mood when watching it. I guess I might give it a shot another day.
>>
>>68006432
Don't do it, you clearly are too retarded to like it
>>
>>68006516
Why am I too retarded to like it?
>>
>>68006432
Yeah, do it!
>>
It's fantastic, a weird amount of hipster-contrarians start talking shit about how much better Mr Vengeance is and how much of a pleb you must be if you've seen Oldboy, they seriously come up every single time the movie get's mentioned.
>>
>>68005286
Yeah. The fight scene in the hallway is brutal and the twist at the end is pretty great
>>
>>68005286
It's edgy: the movie
Also that fight scene everyone heaps praise on is laughable.
>>
edgy
d
g
y
>>
It's fedora and cheeto dust to the extreme.
>>
I never understood why they gassed him everyday.
>>
>>68005286
The plot was dragging but when it got down to it and started moving, the whole thing shined from that tweest ending to memorable scenes like the elevator fight. Also, the villain was a fucking true-ass villain for once.
>>
DUDE WINCEST LMAO
>>
/tv/ praised it until it slip off into normie world as a good movie so now it's just mediocre
>>
>>68005286

flick, you mean flick.
>>
>>68005303
Literally.
I didn't wanna watch it at first cause it's not in English but I'm glad I got over that.

Any more /tv/ essential foreign kinos I should watch?
>>
Im pretty much it was in "i saw the devil" instead of oldboy, but those hammer hits to the suspects head were one of the most disgusting things i've ever seen on screen
>>
>>68005286
It's okay. The years of high praise had me expecting a lot better. I liked the other two movies in the trilogy a lot more.
>>
>>68008689
memories of murder, 2003
>>
>>68006737
If you quit a movie in 15 minutes and think it wasn't interesting, that's a clear sign. If that movie is Oldboy, that's just worse.
>>
>>68007537
not everyday, just when they have to come into the room to clean or do something, like taking his fingerprints.
>>
>>68008689
define "foreign"
>>
>>68008885
Why would I stick with a movie that doesn't seem interesting to me? If the first 15 minutes aren't interesting, then why would the rest be interesting to me?
>>
>>68008932
first, because 15 isn't enough to say that. Second, because you clearly said you were in a bad mood, so clearly you sholdn't blame the movie. And third because this particular movie is interesting as hell in the first 15 minutes.
>>
>>68007537
he might have tried to escape so they gassed him to sleep
>>
File: 14483938475.jpg (84 KB, 802x437) Image search: [Google]
14483938475.jpg
84 KB, 802x437
>>68008998
>you sholdn't blame the movie
I never did.

>this particular movie is interesting as hell in the first 15 minutes.
That's subjective, and it didn't interest me at all.

>because 15 isn't enough to say that.
Pic related, but you could replace 'shit' with uninteresting.
>>
>>68008998
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>68009105
>>you sholdn't blame the movie
>I never did.
you did

>this particular movie is interesting as hell in the first 15 minutes.
>That's subjective, and it didn't interest me at all.
and again

>Pic related
I refuse to believe you're THAT retarded
>>
>>68009199
Wrong

I never blamed the movie, I only blamed myself for not finding the movie interesting. I never said it was the movie's fault.

And like I said, saying the first 15 minutes were uninteresting is not because of the movie (a lot of people love this movie) but because of me. That's not blaming the movie.

And give some good reasons why the rest of the movie should be interesting to me if I didn't thought the first 15 minutes were interesting, because I have no clue why.
>>
old boy is too gimmicky
i saw the devil was the absolute better movie
>>
>>68009282
No fucking way, that movie was just too campy. That serial killer was killing and raping people like he was eating icecream.
>>
>>68009282
ttbqhfsistditselgc (this tbqh [to be quite honest] f@m [friend and mate] since istd [I saw the devil {Satan}] is the superior entry-level gookaboocore)
>>
>>68009307
as opposed to the gimmick of 15 layers of bullshit applied to a very basic tweest ?
whole thing was terrible and hugely overrated due to some action scenes catering to plebs
>>
>>68008918
Not from Hollywood aka America. Duh?
>>
>>68005286
It's one of my all time favorites.
>>
>>68005286
9/10 kino,and im not joking.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.