[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do the cultural marxists want to force this shit down our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: rogue-one.jpg (68 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
rogue-one.jpg
68 KB, 600x315
Why do the cultural marxists want to force this shit down our throat? how in fuck is it realistic that a fucking woman can fight the empire?
>>
Could you dumb it down a little?
>>
>>67990962
Actually /pol/ cuck, you'll find that it's realistic because at this stage the rebellion is desperate for manpower. Women aren't as good soldiers as men, but they're often required to fight due to necessity. If you can't think of 3 examples of this happening within the last 100 years alone you should kill yourself.
>>
File: 1445682667042.jpg (45 KB, 680x451) Image search: [Google]
1445682667042.jpg
45 KB, 680x451
>50% of the human population is females
>Most of the human population is Asian

Why is white males being shoved down out throats?
>>
>>67990962
STOP MAKING NEW STAR WARS TREADS YOU DICK FAGGOT!!
>>
>>67990962
Tarkin should show her out the airlock.
I fucking will hate disney forever if Tarkin & Vader gets Kylo Ren'd
>>
>>67991081
Fuck off tumblr, realistic would be women helping with nursing and such. These aren't the Kurds we are talking about.

Either way, all they have to do is write a male character
>>
whats informative about these shill posts, is that both the diversification, and the manufactured outrage, are both in the hands of the social engineers

here they pretend to be outraged at a completely normal white female protagonist, something that has never been a new concept in any age or generation

learn from this, that their goal is for you to be emotionally involved in the debate, so that they can transform you and your culture into a profitable war. They don't care which side you're on
>>
>>67991152
>soviets
>chinese resistance to the IJA
>Vietnam
>the fucking Volksturm

Kill yourself uneducated plebshit.
>>
All I said is that the fanboys aren't guaranteed and not as many as you think are going to autopilot to the movie theatres for this one. The casuals need marketing, the the white male geeks recognize EU when they see it and will be weary.

You're the retard that flipped his shit because you wanted to turn me into some nay-saying boogeyman because again, your'e a retard and need to argue about stupid shit on the internet.
>>
>>67991152
mexican revolution, ww2 russian army, french underground resistance all had women fighters, bro

I don't know why a single female fighter is getting everyone in an uproar
>>
>>67990962
>cultural marxists

Can you imagine the type of people who actually use this term?
>>
>>67991239

>All I said is that the fanboys aren't guaranteed
You did, and you were wrong.

And just because you are butthurt about a female lead? Top kek.

>white male geeks recognize EU
Completely irrelevant and tiny userbase that has never been pandered to, and never will. EU never mattered, and never will when it comes to the movies.

I'm wasting my time, you truly are, dumb as fuck.
>>
>>67991278

>You did, and you were wrong.

No U

>because you are butthurt about a female lead
I never even mentioned the female lead. There you go trying to turn me into another boogeyman again, Fuck dude, how is it you never get tired of being a complete dick sucking retard?

>Completely irrelevant and tiny userbase

Not the point they are the guaranteed seats. Casuals aren't guaranteed they need good marketing.

>EU never mattered
Not the point, in this instance I'm not using it to promote the old EU I'm using it to describe a movie that isn't part of the main saga. Get your head out of your ass for one second.

>I'm wasting my time
Yes you are, stupid prick.
>>
>>67991320

Star Wars is the biggest franchise in movie history, the MCU was not comparable at the time of Avengers. And Thor and Ironman weren't exactly their top properties. Rogue One will feature the literal face of Star Wars and one of the most recognizable cultural icons of our era, as the villain.

>I never even mentioned the female lead.
Then pay attention, the entire conversation started over why there is a female lead in this movie.

>Not the point they are the guaranteed seats. Casuals aren't guaranteed they need good marketing.
And those are two different demographics. The first one is already preordering, the second one will after the trailer. And what the fuck is your point? Of course Disney will market the shit out of this movie, doesn't change the fact that the franchise markets itself based on recognition and the risk here is minuscule.

> I'm not using it to promote the old EU
Then stop using words incorrectly.
>>
>>67991250
I'm convinced its SJW falseflagging because I'd like to believe /pol/ knows something of military history. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they really are just stupid blue collar, bottom of the bell curve shitstains who simply wear a different coloured cloak to your average sjw.
>>
>>67991208
also notice that the people 'arguing' in this thread are all on the same team, the team that wants you to be emotionally participating in this subject
>>
Star wars is killing /tv/... make it stop.
>>
>>67991251
pathetic indeed
>>
>>67991372

>Star Wars is the biggest franchise in movie history
Doesn't matter.
>the MCU was not comparable at the time of Avengers
Someone else used it as a comparison so I am too.
>the entire conversation started over why there is a female lead in this movie.
My issue was with the assumption that the "white male geeks" were a guarantee. The first part of that post not the second and I even quoted that line so you wouldn't go and get all confused.

>And those are two different demographics. The first one is already preordering

Sauce and comparison with TFA?

>the second one will after the trailer. And what the fuck is your point?

That this isn't as guaranteed as you think it is a lot of work went into research and production and will go into marketing. They didn't just plop it out and expect gint sales because they know compared to TFA there's a lot more question marks popping up for it.

>risk here is minuscule.

That's wrong tho.

>Then stop using words incorrectly.

How would "Expanded Universe" be an unsatisfactory description for this you autistic pedantic retard?
>>
>>67991447

>Doesn't matter.
Of course it matters when it comes to selling this film.

>My issue was with the assumption that the "white male geeks" were a guarantee.
Of course they are. The average modern "white male geek" is a liberal faggot redditor. They are clearly going to see this movie. Casuals make up the vast majority of the movie going audience, and they are the ones that are going to get pandered too.

>Sauce and comparison with TFA?

It's a hyperbole faggot. The movie is coming out in 8 months.

>That this isn't as guaranteed as you think it is a lot of work went into research and production and will go into marketing.
Obviously, would never deny that, but this is exactly why Disney is comfortable. They're doing everything correctly, as always.

>TFA there's a lot more question marks popping up for it.
Assuming that's true, the Vader trailer will silence the few people smart enough to ask those questions.

>That's wrong tho.
That's right tho.

>How would "Expanded Universe" be an unsatisfactory description
It doesn't' deal with the EU. It's not an adaption of a story with EU. It has nothing to do with EU. It's an anthology film, or whatever they are calling, and part of SWCU. I'm pretty sure you know that you are one being pedantic here since you obviously know that "EU" does not describe this film properly, and that it is misleading.
>>
>>67991547

>Of course it matters when it comes to selling this film.
But we're talking about a specific group
>They are clearly going to see this movie.
No they aren't they're waiting for good reviews.
>It's a hyperbole faggot.
Then stop making claims you don't want challenged you dumb cunt.
>Obviously, would never deny that
And yet you did via implications.

>They're doing everything correctly, as always.
Like how they engage in wage fixing?

>That's right tho.

No it isn't, it's the first feature film of the new EU, it's a big risk.

> It's an anthology film, or whatever they are calling, and part of SWCU.

Which is an expansion of the universe and therefore part of an "Expanded Universe" if you will, another anon got it in one and qucikly made the connection that in this context it was referring to the new SWCU, why couldn't you? Is it because you might be a retard?
>>
File: image.gif (493 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
493 KB, 500x269
Check your privilege imperial scum
>>
>>67991705

>But we're talking about a specific group
That will see this movie because it has "Star Wars" in it, like everyone else. Also, these are the same faggots consuming comic books and cartoons just because it has Star Wars on it. Of course they will go see the movie when they are told to.

>No they aren't they're waiting for good reviews.
The opening weekend does not care about reviews.

>Then stop making claims you don't want challenged you dumb cunt.
Sometimes I forgot that people with autism have difficulty comprehending metaphors. Sorry.

>And yet you did via implications.
Nope. I did the opposite of that. Disney is clearly comfortable and knows this movie is easy money. So comfrotable they are waiting with Vader for the actual trailer. Which makes marketing sense, since that's the one that will be shown in theaters. No need to blow their load yet.

>Like how they engage in wage fixing?
I don't know shit about that, I was talking about the marketing of this film.

>No it isn't, it's the first feature film of the new EU, it's a big risk.
It's a Star Wars movie. There is no risk on that alone, ignoring the fact they are coming off a successful movie, have proven track record with Marvel, and they are going to use Vader to sell it.

And it's not the EU because no such thing exists anymore. You're using outdated terminology either to troll, or because you're a dumb EUfag that can't let go. Either way, stop being such stubborn retarded faggot.
>>
>>67990962
>Complaining about realism in Star Wars

Pathetic.
>>
>>67990962
future warfare is less physically demanding than past and present warfare. Laser weapons have no recoil and low weight. It's not unrealistic to have women serve evenly in future warfare, since none of their weaknesses are relevant (excluding their lower tolerance for physical and mental trauma)
>>
It isn't a problem that she is a woman. The problem is that she is going to be such a marry sue that it will be borderline capekino (again).
>>
>>67990962

BHAHAHHAAH how fucking insecure can you get you pathetic virgin. Don't watch it if you don't like faggot
>>
>>67990962
>Princess Leia Organa
>fierce political figure and diplomat
>rebel leader
>holds her own in combat, working her way around a blaster like the best of them
>resists Vader's truth serum
>kills Jabba the Hutt
>can sense things happening far away

>Padme Amidalla
>Queen turned Senator
>popular among many systems
>in spite of Royal upbringing, she fights in the battle of geonosis
>survives Dooku's arena execution, taking on a vicious beast and winning with literally just a scratch to show for it.

>Rey
>lives in the desert alone among the ruins of a machine
>works as a scavenger for a parts trader
>is good with machines
>the offspring of someone with the force
>can use the force

why are people shocked at this?
Every generation of Star Wars so far has a female leading lady that holds their own even when juxtaposed with extremely competent Jedi and smugglers.

If you don't like it, don't watch. But don't pretend it's some new fashion - Star Wars has had very similar characters from day one.
>>
>>67991814
>Pilot
>Emotionally stressing, inferior reaction times compared to male.
>More impulsive
>15 FUCKING YEARS OLD

I can go on
>>
>>67991769

>That will see this movie because it has "Star Wars" in it
No they won't because this isn't a SW movie it's a Star Wars EU movie and they'll be more cautious.

>these are the same faggots consuming comic books and cartoons just because it has Star Wars on it.
Is that why the New EU had some of the worst performing comics and novels in the history of SW?

>The opening weekend does not care about reviews.

You tend to have reviews out before the opening weekend dude.

>Nope. I did the opposite of that.

You literally do it in this post I'm quoting right now.

>I don't know shit about that

Clearly, otherwise you wouldn't suck their dick as hard as you do.

>It's a Star Wars movie. There is no risk on that alone
You're an idiot and you're making the implication you said you weren't again.

>ignoring the fact they are coming off a successful movie
That has nothing to do with this movie and merely takes place in the same rough universe.

>have proven track record with Marvel

Which you said shouldn't be compared and I also explained why the comparison was faulty.

>And it's not the EU because no such thing exists anymore

EU is a descriptor, it's describing this movie in reference to other movies it shares a similarity with.

>You're using outdated terminology either to troll

That's right anon, I quickly determined you were a stupid faggot that would get triggered by the use of the term "EU" and so I began using it. You got me, good job. This movie is still an EU movie though.
>>
>>67991955
She's not 15 you philistine.
>>
>>67991955
yes please go on with serving opinions as fact
>>
>>67991126
Why do cultural memesters want to force this dumb frog posting down our throats?
>>
>>67990962
The true red-pill is realizing that identity politics is literally contrived subversive bullcrap to keep the masses focused entirely on shit that doesn't and will never matter. Back to /pol/

>>67991120
>>>50% of the human population is females
50% of all warriors, fighters, etc. in history, as well, right? Back to tumblr.

>>67991251
No better than the reactionary redditors that are taken aback by someone using the term. Kill yourself. Back to r*ddit.
>>
She seems like the kind of girl you meet at an obscure film festival some time in October and hit it off with, resulting in a makeout session and subsequent sex in a bathroom stall but no real contact after.

You run into her, a few years later, she's run down and depressed because the two of you never really talked beyond that point, and you don't know if you want to try anything now because you feel like you'd lose the magic of it.

She seems like that kind of girl.
>>
>>67991887
yes, leia was literally the "strong womyn" of her day. the whole character is a subversion of the helpless princess in the tower. the first thing she does is deride her male rescuers as incompetent and declare she has to be the one to rescue them.
>>
>>67990962
How is it realistic that a teenaged moisture farmer could?

Maybe Space Fantasy isn't for you m8. Maybe quit trying to force your annoying /pol/ talking points down /tv/'s throat?
>>
>>67991152
>Fuck off tumblr, realistic would be women helping with nursing and such.
>What is the Soviet Union in WW2?

>These aren't the Kurds we are talking about.
Wait so you think women aren't handicapped by their gender, you think white people are? How are Kurdish women different than Star Wars women?

>Either way, all they have to do is write a male character
Or maybe they don't really need to please closetfag internet virgins?
>>
>cultural marxism

why are right wingers so degenerate. Idiots crying about this shit is proof right wing ideology is based in fear and cowardice seeing how they made up a conspiracy theory about everyone working together to destroy the poor persecuted white man, when in reality they're just butthurt they aren't the center of attention anymore. Its really pathetic.
>>
File: nice pasta.jpg (154 KB, 870x420) Image search: [Google]
nice pasta.jpg
154 KB, 870x420
>>67992079
>>
>>67992079
I highly doubt she be depressed because of me.
>>
File: television and films.png (304 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
television and films.png
304 KB, 600x339
>>67990962
lmao stop crying
>>
Ever notice how these retards are only crying about muh women and muh blacks in shitty blockbusters? The /v/ invasion is real
>>
>>67990962
Let it go Kameraden, you already lost.
>>
>>67990962
unless you seen the movie, getting mad at a teaser without knowing the entire plot just makes you look like a dumbass
>>
>>67992060
>The true red-pill is realizing that identity politics is literally contrived subversive bullcrap to keep the masses focused entirely on shit that doesn't and will never matter.
Then why do you give a shit?

>50% of all warriors, fighters, etc. in history, as well, right? Back to tumblr.
Pretty sure she's a spy isn't she? Women have been spies since there's been espionage.

>No better than the reactionary redditors that are taken aback by someone using the term. Kill yourself. Back to r*ddit.
Nobody is taken aback by dipshits that use foxnewspeak talking points to criticize space fantasy. Back to /pol/ faggot
>>
File: Relevant.png (2 MB, 1536x498) Image search: [Google]
Relevant.png
2 MB, 1536x498
>>67990962
>>
>>67993043
word
>>
>>67993139
>CIA in the background
wat
>>
>>67990962
whats a culture marxist?
>>
>>67993139
The ones on the right look more like they're part of a ragtag rebel force

>>67993178
GRAND MOFF TARKIN, I'M REBEL ALLIANCE
>>
>>67991237
>propaganda
>relevant to the realities of combat

put down the burgers and guns and read a fucking book you dumbass amerifat
>>
>>67993290
>hasnt read the stories of chechen snipers being raped by russian vdv after capture

kek stay green fuccboi
>>
>>67993403
>believing propaganda

shouldn't be surprised, amerifats are the most easily manipulated people to ever exist
>>
>>67993178
holy shit
>>
>tfw you realise these threads aren't ironic, people genuinely give this much of a shit about the most trivial stuff

I want /v/ to leave.
>>
>>67990962
>Realistic
>fight the empire

wow you're a faggot
>>
>>67993468
>>67993290
>yuropoor takes a break from the prayer mat to feebly constest american hegemony on the internet episode

lel
>>
>>67993178
he's literally the Stan Lee of movie cameos.

This thread is now trying to find all the cameos of him.
>>
>>67993502
Welcome to 4chan. A place where everyone takes things too damn seriously.
>>
>>67990962

I have no problem at all with a female lead. I think she looks great.

What a do have a problem with is there is no white males in that entire group shot. The only white males in the film are going to be the bad guys again, just like JJ made them all bad guys in TFA (Poe is great, but he's not white).

This franchise has the whitest maleest fanbase of any franchise in history. All those kids who grew up pretending to be Jedi or x-wing pilots are being told by an entire generation of creators across what is going to be over a decade of films and tie-ins that white people only grow up to bad guys. And white girls only grow up to love non-white males.

It's almost enough to make me believe /pol/ is right at this point. That it's just one giant cultural brainwashing project across all franchises films tv comics videogames. It's fucking terrorism at this point, and the day we finally fight back sign me up.
>>
>>67993502
KEK
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.