[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>German war movie >'Es ist nicht mir' starts playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 34614213412322.jpg (29 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
34614213412322.jpg
29 KB, 396x385
>German war movie
>'Es ist nicht mir' starts playing
>>
>>67984344
>modern German movie
>Islamic call to prayer starts playing
>>
>>67984344

>Ten trillion bazillion WWII movie
>no single WWI movie

Explain this.
>>
>>67984441
jews
>>
>>67984441
they cant make one without showing the true bloodthirsty nature of the eternal anglo
>>
>>67984441
Not cameras back when WWI was happening
>>
>>67984441
Most movies are made in Hollywood and WW1 barely imprinted on America, nothing like the impact WW2 had.

The war was almost over by the efforts of Britain & France by the time America landed in europe. WW1 left massive scars on European societies, but was hardly felt in America. While European writers and intellectuals were so touched by the conflict they were entertaining morbid & sombre ideas of a "War that goes on forever," Americans were swaggering across France gawking at Cathedrals & Castles.

WW1 was practically an adventure for Americans, for Europeans it was the greatest tragedy in living memory.
>>
>>67984441

Can't portray the germans as the good guys
>>
>>67984730
>The war was almost over by the efforts of Britain & France by the time America landed in europe.

>1917
>the war was almost over
>Russia had just surrendered allowing Germany focus entirely on the western front
>>
File: youre serious.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
youre serious.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>anti-war sentiment
>'99 luftballons' starts playing
>>
>>67984441
also seems like the war doesn't make for a good movie because infantry jobs were pretty boring.

look at band of brothers, 50 guys in parachutes getting dropped down in the middle of nowhere and have to survived and kill baddies. sounds really awesome.

WWI, a million guys get trench foot and spanish flu and mustard gassed and artillery bombed. if they're lucky they get trench clubbed in the head.

WWII just makes for better movies.
>>
>>67984479
underrated post
>>
>>67984441
Johnny Got His Gun doesn't count?
>>
>>67984810
German society was falling apart of the seams from the naval blockade by this time. Widespread starvation. Shortages of all necessary goods & war materials. The collapse of the eastern front did nothing to alleviate the immense strain on Germany's ability to continue fighting

While America declared war in 1917, it was well into 1918 before the AEF was mobilized and shipped to Europe. The last-gasp spring offensives by the Germans in 1918 were resounding failures, even without the manpower aid of the US. The German general staff knew war was lost and they were fighting for more favorable peace terms.

So yes, The war was already near its conclusion before America was engaged in combat. The war ended before most American soldiers even saw a bullet fired in anger.
>>
>>67984918
>i don't know anything about history
>>
>>67985055

Why does America always show up ten minutes late with Starbucks and allies witc the obvious victor and then claims it was the one that made the deciding difference?
>>
>>67984441

Because in WWI the bad guys won. The allied forces literally openly backed up terrorists that killed the austrian prince.
Nobody wants to see a story where the bad guys win and see WWII as a result of that fuckup.

Sometimes I wonder what the world would look like if Germany won WWI
>>
>>67984441
I can think of Flyboys, Joyeux Noel and Lawrence of Arabia just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others
>>
>>67985337
Un long dimanche de fiançailles by Jeunet. quite a shit movie compared to the book though
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.