[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna marathon Titanic for the first time, tell me what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
I'm gonna marathon Titanic for the first time, tell me what I should think.
>>
Chick flick. Really well made, of course.
>>
>marathon 1 film
>>
>>67978780
>still doesn't realize it's a meme
>>
it's way more interesting when you realize it's a 3hr 14m movie about cuckoldry.
>>
It's artistically crafted and it has the distinct Cameron touch to it, but at the end of the day it's just a chick flick.
>>
80% special effects
20% substance

This is what you should always expect from James Cameron
>>
File: 2800000000 dollaroonies.jpg (719 KB, 1958x2937) Image search: [Google]
2800000000 dollaroonies.jpg
719 KB, 1958x2937
>>67979942
>implying that Based Jim has ever made anything less than absolute kinographical statements
>>
File: 1429554694231.jpg (453 KB, 512x2967) Image search: [Google]
1429554694231.jpg
453 KB, 512x2967
Probably be wondering this for the rest of your life.
>>
>>67980180
People still ironically like James Cameron?
>>
>>67978669
Stupid ass movie. It's the story of these treasure hunters trying to find a rare gem in the titanic wreck. They bring this old senile woman on their boat because she claims she used to own it. She then proceeds to waste 3 hours of everyone's time by telling her entire fucking life story (which most of the time is not relevant at all to the location of the gem). After her bullshit rambling she says she lost the damn thing, so back to square one. But surprise! She actually had the gem in her pocket the whole time, which she throws over the side of the boat like the bitch she is.
>>
>>67978669

It's culturally useful to watch once so that you get everyone's references, but beyond that it's just a big dumb hollywood production with almost no charm.

Its central error was in centering and emphasizing a fictional love story inside a real historical event. Had they excised the former and made an effort at the latter, it would have been improved. I'm sure the logic was that they had to draw people in with a singular story, but I reject this.
>>
>>67982192

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Fuck my grandkid's education, LOL! *bloop*
>>
>>67978669
>DEEP DEEP DEEP DUP DUP DEEP IN THE OCEAN
>>
>>67978807
>a meme makes shitty threads okay
No wonder post quality has tanked
>>
I marathoned half of OP's post.

Tell me what I should sage.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.