[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Brent: Life on the Road
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: quad_david_brent[2].jpg (27 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
quad_david_brent[2].jpg
27 KB, 620x349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MjTh5tFiZM

Whatever Gervais had, he's lost it. Every beat of this trailer is off. The script, his performance, the reactions of the other actors..

Was Merchant the genius all along?
>>
>>67978299
Fuck off Steve
>>
>>67978299

yes he was.

gervais just lived off the talent of Karl, Steve and anyone else he could suck off.
>>
Moaning of Life > Idiot Abroad 1&2 >>> Idiot Abroad 3 > Ricky Gervais Show >>> Office >>>>>> Extras >>>>>>>>> The Piece of shit that is Derek
>>
>>67978538
Moaning of Life was terrible m8
>>
File: 275px-Karlhead.jpg (18 KB, 275x272) Image search: [Google]
275px-Karlhead.jpg
18 KB, 275x272
>>67978575
How did your HBO series go Steve?
>>
>>67978299
>>67978329
I'm confused, are Steve and Ricky feuding? I thought they were buddy-buddy
>>
>>67978299
it looks alright just a bit heavy on punchline but I guess thats Brent
fingers crossed for a Brendan Rodgers cameo
>>
That lying movie was shit, and Derek was more sad than funny.

I think merchant was the funnier of the two
>>
>>67978404
Nah, he was pretty much the whole head behind the office. It's just that he only has one good character.
>>
Gervais is a lifelong parasite.

He admits he lived on welfare and his girlfriend before getting into the radio business.

He admits he hired Steve specifically because he wanted someone to do all his work for him.

Once he realized Steve was both talented and easy to boss around, he used to him to make a sitcom and make a name for himself.

Once he realized Karl was a goldmine he milked him for all he was worth.

The problem is that somewhere along the way Gervais convinced himself he was responsible for his own success, and so he started trying to create things without help. That is you end up with horrible shit like this and that garbage show about a sperg in a nursing home.

The dude is just a fucking parasite. Always has been, always will be.
>>
Holy shit that was cringy. And not in the good way.
>>
>>67979020
That's some nice projection m80.
>>
>>67978299
>Was merchant the genius all along?

quite obviously yes, have you seen Hello Ladies?
>>
>>67978299
>Was Merchant the genius all along?
Yes. Everything that Ricky's produced, with the exception of the XFM shows, Extras, and The Office, has been absolute bollocks.
>>
>>67979102
""""""""""British"""""""""""""""humour"""""""""""""""
>>
>>67979128
AWOOOOWHAAAAHHHHAHAHAH

YOU FOCKIN PLONKAH, YOU ABSOLUTE MUPPET, AWOOHAHAHAHHA MY GAAAWWSDD

OH OH OH!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCKING IDIOT!!
>>
If you want to know how Gervais could write something like 'The Office', you only need to watch 'Extras', more specifically the producing of the in show BBC tv show part.
Gervais can't into imagination and good fiction. Anything good he's written/made is based off of real things and events in his life.

He's good at observation and commentary where he's found someone he finds ridiculous and laughable but has a slight soft spot for and can exploit for laughs (his ex-boss, himself, Karl) Life is short he couldn't laugh directly at him cuz his life is much better than the fictional version.
>>
Why did Gervais turn THE OFFICE into some attempt at commentary on celebrity culture? Why does he do this with every project? Why does he keep repeating the same message about vapid narcissistic celebrities that every person with half a brain figured out at 12?
>>
>>67979020
you've said it better than me, anon
>>67979287
>>
This trailer is hilarious.

Juice perfectly timed.
>>
>>67978299
I don't know about this. The brent from the office seemed more subtle and his jokes were less forced
>>
>>67979815
This. Gervais has forgotten how to do Brent. He's doing a bad exaggerated impression of himself.

The reactions of the other people in the office were also really overplayed and didn't make sense.
>>
>Was Merchant the genius all along.
Absolutely. If you haven't, listen to the XFM shows. Steve gives a shit about the quality (if even a little), generally reads everything because Ricky and Karl um and uh through everything, responds with sharp remarks. Ricky changed from early season to later stuff: he was best buddies with Steve when it started and it slowly slid to Karl and Steve became the third wheel. I hope a tell all documentary comes from the XFM shows because I bet there was a lot changing with Ricky's personality
>>
This doesn't even look like a mockumentary anymore, that added to the awkwardness
>>
>Under weaknesses you've put eczema
>>
>>67978299
Was he ever good? He was he worst thing about the office and episodes was shite
>>
How come Britcucks switch to normal English when they sing?
>>
>>67978706
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>67980766
Yes it does you contrary cunt
>>
I lol'd at "juice"
>>
>Merchant's career dead
>Karl more successful
>Gervais in two feature films this year
>Merchant doing nothing
>4chan says Merchant was the comedy genius
>>
>>67981250
he's singing buttrock
>>
hahahahahaha cumming LOL XD
>>
yeah I've got to say this is really shit
>>
>>67981413
Show me one documentary that looks like this, faggot
>>
>>67978299
He's been a piece of shit since minute one.
>>
>>67978299
untalented worthless fat amoral atheist piece of shit. Hasn't got a sliver of talent in his whole body, the stupid cunt. Merchant was quite clearly the brains behind the whole operation and ricky just leeched off of him.
>>
>untalented worthless fat amoral atheist piece of shit

literally david then
>>
>>67981465

>>>/pol/
>>
It's like he's doing an impression of an exaggerated David Brent.

Gervais was ruined as soon as started using social media. He was obviously always a bit weird and insecure deep down but reading about himself all day has fucked him up. Look at his talk shows appearances pre and post 2011. Went from a naturally funny guy who didn't seem to take himself too seriously to a insecure, overthinking, stuttering mess.

Derek is one of the only shows where I am actually embarrassed for the creator. Can you imagine the fucking private screening he put on in America that guys like Larry David and Seinfeld attended. Imagine the bullshit they had to come up with when they spoke with him after.

Talking funny was also the fucking cringiest thing I have ever seen. Gervais doesn't even work his material in clubs or anything, he just writes it as a script and then sells out huge venues based on his TV fame and wants to sit there and be a pretentious fuck about the art of stand up when he hasn't even put in the work.

Also his Golden Globes hosting could have been funny if he just did the material instead of spending 90% of the show talking about how edgy he is being and how he doesn't care what people think. Yeah squealing out "I don't care anyway" in a high pitch voice every time a joke didn't go down definitely doesn't make you look insecure as fuck.
>>
>>67982892
>Talking funny was also the fucking cringiest thing I have ever seen. Gervais doesn't even work his material in clubs or anything, he just writes it as a script and then sells out huge venues based on his TV fame and wants to sit there and be a pretentious fuck about the art of stand up when he hasn't even put in the work.

So that was it, it always felt off but never could tell why, thanks for the insight my man.
>>
She had a problem with her marrow and that
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.