[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leave capekino to us.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 600x960
Leave capekino to us.
>>
>>67974467
Please save us
>>
looks retarded
>>
>>67975369
No, that's a mirror you're looking into.
>>
>>67974467

Jennifer Lawrence is Jennifer Lawrence in Jennifer Lawrence starring Jennifer Lawrence
>>
>>67974467
>Stop my invincible capekino
>>
it's gonna be awful.

friendly reminder that X2 still is the best capekino movie of all time
>>
>>67974467
>stop, potential moviegoers
>>
File: 1459392406681.jpg (110 KB, 594x838) Image search: [Google]
1459392406681.jpg
110 KB, 594x838
>>67975396
gobacktoreddit
>>
These flicks are garbage. CGI bore fest, same story every time. Muh oppressed mutants. Muh super gay costumes. Honestly, Snyder would elevate the X-Men property to true capekino.
>>
File: xmen_first_class_ver5.jpg (30 KB, 510x755) Image search: [Google]
xmen_first_class_ver5.jpg
30 KB, 510x755
>>
>>67975541

The golden age of capekino:

Bryan Singer's X-Men and X2
Sam Raimi's Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2
Chris Nolan's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight

the "threequels" never work out, and the rise of the Marvel Universe is pretty much destroying everything fun and interesting about comic-book films
>>
>>67975629
g2bed Snyder.
>>
>>67975722
>Chris Nolan's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight

lmao, if you were 12 when you saw em maybe. Besides Ledger as le Spooky Random guy the movies were a dour, heartless bore.
>>
File: live action wolvie.jpg (47 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
live action wolvie.jpg
47 KB, 640x640
>>67975746
A little less estrogen and a lot more testosterone would do the X-Men well.
>>
>>67974467
why doesn't that bald ass bitch just grow a big ol' beard?
>>
>>67975541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA19BfLQ4p0

best fucking capeshit main theme of all time
>>
>>67975629
First Class was great and DoFP was pretty good

Snyder would make a GOAT one though
>>
>>67975629
>snyder
top kek. Every other capeshit director is getting blown out by a famous boyfucker. All the singer x-men movies are good
>>
>>67976095
Singer didn't even make the best X-men movie, nevermind being better than Snyder
>>
File: 1446899885479.jpg (67 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
1446899885479.jpg
67 KB, 600x394
>>67976032
>Snyder would make a GOAT one though
>>
>>67976210
well, he would
>>
>>67976032

DoFP would have been great without the focus on Mystique, sure it made sense for the story but it just felt force given that JLaw was playing her.

Now it looks even worse for Apocalypse.

Snyder's only fucking ability is making compelling set pieces. That's it. He has gotten the chance at the director, and writer seat so many times is fucking idiotic. He should stay as a cinematographer and just let the people that can actually Direct and write take care of the rest.

>>67976095

Yeah, Apocalypse is going to be trash. He literally got indulged and casted a bunch of twinks for the roles and made JLaw the centerpiece again.
>>
>>67975598
>buttblasted
>>
>>67976312
>He has gotten the chance at the director, and writer seat so many times is fucking idiotic
yeah and half the times he's made a really fucking good movie
>>
File: 1275157796512.jpg (82 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
1275157796512.jpg
82 KB, 640x437
>>67976243
>well, he would
>>
>>67976359
>yeah and half the times he's made a really fucking good movie
Fucking when?
>>
>>67976312
>sure it made sense for the story
But it didn't make any sense at all. Absorbing other mutant powers is Rogue's ability. Mystique just changes shape
>>
>>67976467
when he made half the movies he's made
>>
>>67976359

>Watchmen
>300
>Dawn of the Dead(Remake)

All those, he just adapted from Graphic Novels and a remake of an already established film. He barely made any changes, and like in Watchmen the changes he did make the movie worse. Although, they were good entertaining movies I will say that. Things he works on himself like Sucker Punch, MoS and BvS end up being a shallow pond that tries to get passed off as an ocean. Sure, the illusion is pretty to look at but it has the depths of a pretentious first year college student.
>>
>>67976814
>and like in Watchmen the changes he did make the movie worse
except the changes he made fit the movie, that octopus would never have worked.

>Things he works on himself like Sucker Punch, MoS and BvS end up being a shallow pond that tries to get passed off as an ocean
stop basing your opinions around what happens on /tv/, MoS was undeniably great as a superhero movie.
>>
>>67976940
> MoS was undeniably great
hahahahaha
>>
>>67976996
Present counter-point or fuck off.
>>
>>67976940

I get what Snyder was trying to do in MoS, and BvS. I do, and if it had pulled it off it would have made those movies amazing. The thing that ultimately turns me off is the fact that Superman is pretty much unlikable and without personality. He is so troubled by his humanity and his place in the world, and how he grew up(On the basis of his horrible parent figure) that he just seems disconnected. We haven't seen him be Superman, sure we got a montage of him saving people in BvS but at that point in the movie it felt force, as if to remind you "Hey guys, Superman is good he totally isn't a wooden douche".

I just feel like, okay you want to make him in to a sort of Christ figure. Make him charismatic, make him be someone that you can feel comfortable around, someone that you feel is above you but you feel he is guarding you even if you hate him. That's why I feel MoS didn't do it for me, he never really developed. Instead we jumped in to a planetary invasion scenario in which he got trusted in to this situation. We haven't seen him be Superman is basically what my point is. BvS should have been Man of Steel 2, we should have seen how what happened in MoS changed him and how he begins to be there for humanity.

We get none of that in BvS. We just get montage and throwaway lines, and Superman looking broody and confused. It feels like wasted potential on part of the writers and the direction they decided to go on.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.