[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT DO YOU WANT? SPEAK UP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 19
File: seinfeld___soup_nazi.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld___soup_nazi.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
WHAT DO YOU WANT? SPEAK UP
>>
reddit to leave
>>
Y-you t-too
>>
Does soup nazi still have that little stall he sets up at comic cons and charges for autographs/photos?
>>
File: Bookman.jpg (136 KB, 630x357) Image search: [Google]
Bookman.jpg
136 KB, 630x357
BUT I GOT A FLASH FOR YOU JOYBOY
>>
>go into a man's business, disrespect him and his property
>he bans you, not because of any genetic qualities, but solely because of your behavior
>act like he's the one with the problem
>conspire to ruin his livelihood
>feel justified in your actions and laugh as you threaten him
>he's forced to go out of business

Oy vey, what a Nazi! I'm sure glad Jewfeld & Co. could use their superior Hebrew morality to correct his insults against the Chosen People.
>>
>>67969732
You do realize that Seinfeld and his friends are kind of bad people, right? Like, that was the intent. In fact, the entire series finale is about that.
>>
>>67970270
This
>>
>>67969732
>/pol/ in charge of getting what the series was about
Fuck me you faggots truly are dumb as shit
>>
>>67970270
Soup "Nazi" is portrayed as the worst character in the episode for having the audacity to deny Elaine service. The audience is meant to identify with Elaine and indulge in her triumph when she threatens to publish his recipes.

Also, the entire series finale is about them being persecuted by characters from previous seasons. They're portrayed as the victims the entire time.

>>67970382
>muh pol boogeyman
The series was about telling the goyim that obnoxious, immoral, criminal Jews are funny and charismatic.
>>
>>67970605
>They're portrayed as the victims the entire time.

If by "they" you mean people who encountered them, then you are correct.

If you mean Jerry/Elaine/Kramer/George, then you are incorrect.
>>
>>67970605
>Sou "Nazi" is portrayed as the worst character
Except he's not. He's portrayed as a dick because he is kind of a dick to his customers but whatever. Meanwhile, Elaine is portrayed as a petty dick. The audience will see a bit of themselves in Elaine (as well as the Soup Nazi, as I remember quite a few people saying "that's how I'd run my business!" when that episode aired came out) but they aren't seeing positive qualities. That's sort of the theme of the series.

You've completely misinterpreted the ending of the series. In the finale, they laugh at a man as he dies. That isn't portrayed as "good." They aren't portrayed as "victims." They're portrayed as "kind of bad people" (not awful, heinous people, but lousy human beings) and in the end are punished for it. This is clear cut.

I think the problem is that you've confused "main character" with "good guys." There's really no "good guys" in Seinfeld. There's just people and people can be kind of shitty, especially Seinfeld and his friends.
>>
>>67970649
The main cast are clearly depicted as being victimized by people to whom they did nothing deserving blame.
For example, Marla calling them sick for merely playing a simple masturbation game.

>>67970785
Soup Nazi is clearly meant to be the worst character in the episode, an intolerant monster who has no right to run his business the way he pleases. Elaine is the casual, easy-going customer who acts indignant and hurt when she's told she can't have any soup by that horrible dictator. The audience is meant to identify with her, and see him as unreasonable and deserving of punishment for being such a "dick". We are meant to live vicariously through Elaine as she tells him she can put him out of business, and the studio audience roars as she screams "NEXT" in his face.

>In the finale, they laugh at a man as he dies. That isn't portrayed as "good."
It's supposed to be funny. And because it's funny, there's no reason to consider them terrible for doing it. They're just a wacky bunch as far as most of the audience is concerned, so it's fine for them find almost anything funny.

>I think the problem is that you've confused "main character" with "good guys."
The problem is you have a show with immoral filth being portrayed as likeable and worthy of emulating.
>dude people are just people lmao
Yes, yes. We know.
>>
>>67971207
>Soup Nazi is clearly meant to be the worst character in the episode
No, he's just a dick in that episode. Elaine, meanwhile, is a petty dick.

>there's no reason to consider them terrible for doing it
They laugh at a man as he dies. That is terrible.

>The problem is you have a show with immoral filth
Says the man who thinks it's funny to laugh at someone as they die. You have a problem, dude.

>We know.
You got a turd in your pocket? It's just you misunderstanding a television show that was pretty straight forward.
>>
>>67971207
Seinfeld and his friends are all shitty people. Most episodes end with bad shit happening to them and us having a laugh because yeah they deserve it. Series ends with them in prison because yeah they kind of have it coming to them.

If you can't understand this, I feel bad for the people who have to deal with you.
>>
>>67971207
>The main cast are clearly depicted as being victimized by people to whom they did nothing deserving blame.

No. The people brought to the stand -- well, some, not all -- were clearly shown to be actual victims of the gang, ex: Soup Nazi, that guy who got deported and whose restaurant failed (forgot his name), etc. The gang isn't being "blamed," necessarily for what happened to them, they were brought to establish their character as being uncaring narcissists that sort of grouped together through happenstance.

In no way were they [Jerry, etc.] being portrayed as "victims" by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>67970785
>they laugh at a man as he dies.
The fuck? What finale were you watching?
>>
>>67971207

>he is literally so stupid he can't understand a normie sitcom

jesus
>>
>soup nazi
>moves to argentina

BRAVO GEROME
>>
>>67971749
Whoops, meant mugged.
>>
>>67971430
>No, he's just a dick in that episode.
He's called a Nazi. He has people living in fear of being denied service at his restaurant. He is portrayed as intimidating, mean-spirited, and in desperate need of being rebuked on behalf of the people he is oppressing. Elaine isn't shown as petty, but as the clever champion who rids the neighborhood of this villain.

>They laugh at a man as he dies. That is terrible.
No, it's meant to be funny. Everything our band of Jews does is entertaining and terrific.

>Says the man who thinks it's funny to laugh at someone as they die. You have a problem, dude.
It's not me, but the writers who portray it as such.

>>67971548
>Series ends with them in prison because yeah they kind of have it coming to them.
The series ends with Jerry cracking jokes in the can, just as lovable and charismatic as he ever was.

>The gang isn't being "blamed," necessarily for what happened to them, they were brought to establish their character as being uncaring narcissists that sort of grouped together through happenstance.
All of this is overlooked and the main cast are continued to be considered as fantastic, charismatic, and worthy of fond memories. The things they did are never properly represented as horrible because of their characters' comedic roles in the show.

>go on /tv/ and insult 4chan/reddit's favorite jew sitcom
Oh, what have I done?
>>
File: fire.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fire.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>67971207
>they were portrayed as good guys
No, Anon. You're wrong. You're horribly, horribly wrong.

They were always portrayed as assholes.
>>
Seinfeld sucked.
>>
>>67971861
Bait.
>>
>>67971866
>they were portrayed as good guys
Never said this.

They were despicable, but were portrayed as likeable, fun fellows who the audience was supposed to identify with.
>>
>>67971861
It's not that you insulted it; it's that you've so thoroughly and completely misunderstood the entire show and its characters. It wasn't subtle that these characters were portrayed as assholes. These were the same people who made up fake charities, mugged an old lady for bread, pretended to be cops, and refused to share toilet paper with a woman (after stealing the toilet paper out of her stall).

You can hate the show all you want. Stop being wrong, though.
>>
>>67971971
>supposed to identify with
Yes, as in "see our own worst qualities."
>>
>>67971987
>It wasn't subtle that these characters were portrayed as assholes.
All the bad things they did were overshadowed by their charisma and they managed to stay in the audience's good graces because of the writers' desire to make such behavior appear appealing and worthy of emulation to the general public. I'm seeing the show for what it really was.

>>67972041
No, as in "i wanna be cool like the rad characters on the teevee"
>>
>>67972154
Nobody wanted to be like the characters in Seinfeld. If anything, their characterization made watchers realize what petty dicks they could be and caused them to improve their behaviors.

What you're saying is basically "Homer Simpson is a bad because he glorifies stupidity and makes people want to be stupid." Except he doesn't.

You're a silly person if you "wanna be cool like the rad characters on the teevee." Is this the kind of person you are? Does Dexter make you want to be a murderer?
>>
>>67968971

L-l-lobster bisque
>>
>>67972238
>nobody wants to be like the characters in Seinfeld
Oh, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

>Except he doesn't.
If you want an example from the Simpsons, use Bart.

>people never emulate traits of characters from popular culture
>especially not from one of the most watched shows in the history of broadcast television
>popular culture doesn't effect people at all!

>You're a silly person if you "wanna be cool like the rad characters on the teevee."
Yes, and there are many, many silly people watching television.
>>
>>67972436
So did Dexter make you want to murder people?
>>
>>67972436
>"Seinfeld has bad role models and therefore it's a bad tv show muh morals"
>>
>>67972531
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Twitchell

>Mark Andrew Twitchell (born July 4, 1979) is a Canadian convicted of first degree murder in 2011 for killing John Brian "Johnny" Altinger.[2] His trial attracted substantial media attention because he was inspired by the Dexter Morgan character,[3] featured in Jeff Lindsay novels and the Dexter television series, a serial killer who works as a forensic bloodstain pattern analyst for the fictional Miami Metro Police Department.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/kristine-marsh/teen-confesses-killing-dismembering-girlfriend-another-dexter-inspired

>Miles admitted to the court that he stabbed his 17-year-old girlfriend Elizabeth Thomas in the back of the head, chopped up her body and put her parts in plastic bags. He said he was inspired by the character 'Dexter" in the popular television show about a serial killer-forensic investigator who tortures, murders and dismembers criminals in his "kill Room."

>>67972578
>dude morals are bad lmao
Hello merchanto
>>
>>67972668
You're avoiding the question: did Dexter make you want to murder people?
>>
>>67972668
moralfag has always been an insult on 4chan
>>
>>67972668
Demanding every show feature characters that are always upright and moral is silly, though, especially given that Seinfeld was pretty responsible in making sure the characters were punished for being bad people most of the time.

I mean, you're basically being one of those kind of people who complained that Beavis & Butt-head was "destroying" America and "corrupting" our youth. Why would you want to be that person?
>>
>>67972704
I've answered the question, you dolt. Silly people do want to be like the characters on television, and they do emulate their actions.

I've already demonstrated that I can see through the writer's agendas, so I don't know why you'd think I would copy the actions of fictional characters them myself.
>>
>>67971825
Las mejores sopas estan en Argentina ;^)
>>
>>67971909
Just like you're mom.
>>
>>67972789
No, you didn't. I asked if it affected you personally. I'll ask again: did Dexter make you want to kill people? It's a simple yes or no. You don't gotta quote Wikipedia.
>>
>>67972789
The only agenda on Seinfeld was humor. You were never supposed to like the main characters.
>>
>>67972823
I am not your mum.
>>
>>67972771
>I mean, you're basically being one of those kind of people who complained that Beavis & Butt-head was "destroying" America and "corrupting" our youth.
How is caring about the moral fabric of the place I have to live in a bad thing? Are you going to call me a Nazi for doing so?

>Why would you want to be that person?
Yeah, I mean, come on, it's 2016! Don't be THAT person!
#NoLoveIsWrong #RefugeesWelcome
>>
You guys are taking the bait pretty hard.
>>
>>67972875
>How is caring about the moral fabric of the place I have to live in a bad thing?
Because you don't really care. If you wanted to make the place you live in a better place, you wouldn't be wasting your time on insignificant television shows (especially ones that ended like two decades ago or something). You'd be out there personally volunteering money and time and blood helping individuals and making a difference. Truth is, you don't really give a shit, you just want to attack something that other people liked and try to ruin it for them. In this way, you are truly a loathsome cunt.
>>
>>67972875
You're no different from stupid left wing SJWs who want to make the world a better place by taking away any media they find objectionable.
>>
>>67973055
This.
>>
File: 1458283373892.jpg (57 KB, 599x392) Image search: [Google]
1458283373892.jpg
57 KB, 599x392
>>67972829
Your aim isn't to find out if it affects the public in general, because I've already demonstrated that it does. You already know that I wouldn't be emulating fictional characters. So any relevant questions have already been answered.

>>67972840
The agenda was subversion of the goyim, as per usual.

>>67972953
>Because you don't really care.
I obviously do.

>(especially ones that ended like two decades ago or something).
When it "ended" is irrelevant considering its still being watched and discussed.

>You'd be out there personally volunteering money and time and blood helping individuals and making a difference.
How is voicing my ideas in one of the few places that still allows me to do so not making a difference?

>Truth is, you don't really give a shit, you just want to attack something that other people liked and try to ruin it for them.

>WAAAAAHHHHH stop telling the truth and let me have my bliss!

>u r a cunt :(
Alright.

>>67973055
>>67973102
Pic related.
>>
>>67973178
Nobody cares about your beliefs, you self-important ass. Make a joke, faggot.
>>
>>67973178
You don't volunteer or do anything to make the world a better place. You're just an asshole.

For this reason, you probably see a lot of yourself in the Seinfeld characters.

Also the "waaaaaah" stuff could just as easily apply to you for crying about a show that ended ages ago. You've said nothing truthful, just misinterpretations that multiple anons have debunked.

Oh, and nice meme there, kid.
>>
>SHUT UP YOU OLD BAG
>>
>>67973178
>getting butthurt that a tv show features things you don't like and demanding censorship
Just SJW Things
>>
>>67973318
Clearly, Jerry is being depicted as the person you're supposed to emulate.
>>
>>67973249
>Make a joke, faggot.
Your life.

>>67973304
>You don't volunteer or do anything to make the world a better place
Who's to say I'm not volunteering to make the world a better place right now?

>For this reason, you probably see a lot of yourself in the Seinfeld characters.
Projection.

>You've said nothing truthful, just misinterpretations that multiple anons have debunked.
They defended their show very poorly. They couldn't refute my correct analyses. Sad!

>Oh, and nice meme there, kid.
It's true, though.

>>67973347
>dude you're all the same cuz u want to do things too lmao
>>
File: No soup for you t Soup Nazi.jpg (45 KB, 554x432) Image search: [Google]
No soup for you t Soup Nazi.jpg
45 KB, 554x432
NO SOUP FOR YOU
>>
>It's a Kramer tries to live in the shower episode
>>
>>67973460
>Who's to say I'm not volunteering to make the world a better place right now?
Are you? Say if you are or not.
>>
>>67973460
You're all alike because you want the exact same thing: the removal of all things that offend your specific moral sensibilities.
>>
>>67973460
If you don't want to be called a sjw, stop acting like one.
>>
>>67973528
Clearly, viewers are meant to see this, identify with it, and emulate it.
>>
File: 1456959092844.jpg (32 KB, 330x392) Image search: [Google]
1456959092844.jpg
32 KB, 330x392
>Get excited to read a comfy Seinfeld thread
>People arguing about politics instead
>>
>>67973558
I believe I am. Ultimately, you folks will decide if you wish to listen or not.

>>67973595
>you're all alike because you both want this very general thing
You might as well say we're the same because we both want to drink water and breathe oxygen.

>>67973604
>if you want me to stop flinging nonsensical insults, stop saying mean things about my show!
>>
>>67973649
HE'S MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE THROUGH SHITPOSTING. GOSH!
>>
>>67973460
>Literally advocating moral censorship of 90s sitcoms
>Lol dude, this isn't like an SJW at all!!!
You are no different from that comic about the women not being able to watch 90s movies because they're homophobic.
>>
>>67973684
How is wishing to censor tv shows based on your own subjective moral standards of decency a general thing? I don't think most people want to do this or even spend any time thinking about it.
>>
>>67973684
>I believe I am
What the fuck does that mean? Either you're volunteering and giving blood and donating to charity, or you're not. There's no "belief." You're avoiding actually answering the question because you don't want to lie (because if you do lie and say "yes" it makes you an even shittier person: pretending to be charitable is something a Seinfeld character would do, after all).
>>
>>67973684
Censorship of media is a very specific thing that only a certain type of person (authoritarian, self-important) desires.
>>
>>67973684
Most people don't want to censor things they don't agree with. Your average, reasonable person, when they see something they don't like on tv, just turns the tv off or changes the channel.

It takes a specific kind of asshole to whine and complain that the world doesn't cater to their sensibilities, and we call assholes like you sjws.
>>
>>67970270
they are jews. They are naturally bad
>>
>>67973460
>They couldn't refute my correct analyses
YOU: Seinfeld is a bad role-model!
THEM: He was never meant to be emulated.
YOU: Yeah he was.
THEM: No, they clearly showed him and his friends being punished for their actions, which were clearly bad, time and time again.
YOU: Yeah, but he was a victim.
THEM: No, he wasn't. If anything, they made you feel sorry for the people he wronged (for instance, the Soup Nazi, who was a dick, was revealed to have been deported as a result of their actions).
>>
>>67973703
>you want to perform a broad and general action for extremely different reasons so you're the same!
Moronic cuckservative detected.

>How is wishing to censor tv shows based on your own subjective moral standards of decency a general thing?
Censorship itself is a very general concept and one that has been implemented throughout the world for millennia. But let me guess, they were all postmodern cultural marxists, too, right?

>>67973762
I believe I'm spreading information that will benefit the people who read it. What don't you understand about what I said?

>>67973813
>Most people don't want to censor things they don't agree with.
Many people do, actually. And have for a long time now.
>Your average, reasonable person, when they see something they don't like on tv, just turns the tv off or changes the channel.
You mean your idea of what an average rational person is does.
>It takes a specific kind of asshole to whine and complain that the world doesn't cater to their sensibilities, and we call assholes like you sjws.
You mean like rulers, leaders, and public figures throughout the entirety of history? See above. Were they SJWs, too?
>>
>>67974090
>I believe I'm spreading information that will benefit the people who read it. What don't you understand about what I said?
So you don't actually volunteer/give money/give blood? Am I correct in my understanding of this? If not, please elaborate on how.
>>
>>67974090
Protip: Having strong opinions you shove in everyone's faces on anime image boards makes you an annoying faggot, not some great leader of men.
>>
>>67974090
>Many people do
No. Most human beings don't care to try to censor things they don't agree with. You're assuming people are all sjws like you. They aren't. It's just a very, very vocal minority.

If you want to be a sjw, go for it, but accept that that's what you are.
>>
>>67974090
>"shitposting on 4chan makes me a great human being!"
>"i'm like a ruler or a leader!"
>>
>>67974090
>Were they SJWs, too?
They were authoritarian dickheads, which SJWs also are. Fuck off, bootlicker.
>>
File: newman mail.jpg (6 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
newman mail.jpg
6 KB, 250x229
>tfw you're Newman in that episode
>tfw you keep finding yourself acting more like Newman by the day
>>
>>67974090
In general, when you troll, you're supposed to get other people to say stupid shit. All you've done is said stupid shit while people called you out for saying stupid shit.
>>
>>67974046
>ME: All the bad things they did were overshadowed by their charisma and they managed to stay in the audience's good graces because of the writers' desire to make such behavior appear appealing and worthy of emulation to the general public. People watching television do emulate the characters that see, especially if those characters are portrayed as likable and charismatic. Here are articles supporting my position.

>So you don't actually volunteer/give money/give blood?
I'm volunteering now.

And how does giving blood help the moral climate? I'm not some sort of humanist, nor have I ever claimed to be.

>No. Most human beings don't care to try to censor things they don't agree with.
Many people do. And have long before the term SJW was a thing. You're just attempting to make me stop voicing my ideas by comparing me to people whose views I disagree with and are taboo on here. A tired old trick.

>>67974272
>They were authoritarian dickheads, which SJWs also are.

A does B, and C does B, therefore C is A?

Murders are in favor of drinking water and breathing air, and you are in favor of drinking water and breathing air, so you must be a murderer. You're in favor of posting on 4chan, and I am in favor of posting on 4chan, so we must be the same person.
>>
>>67974402
>"My shitposting is volunteering"
Confirmed for worse human being than a Seinfeld character.
>>
>>67974482
>trying to make me think and having a negative opinion of my favorite show is shitposting
>>
>>67974402
People who want to tell others what to do are the worst type of person.
>>
>>67974523
It's not your opinion that's shitposting, it's the quality of your posts (or, more precisely, the lack of quality).

At any rate, posting on 4chan is not volunteering. It is not doing a good deed.
>>
>>67974540
>lol yeah maaaaaan just do what you feeeeeeeeeel
You're free to move back to the jungle and live like that if you wish.

>>67974576
>It's not your opinion that's shitposting, it's the quality of your posts (or, more precisely, the lack of quality).
My posts are of a higher quality than most of the people who have replied to me. You just disagree because I've said some things about your show that you don't like.
>>
File: ITS2016.jpg (884 KB, 4000x2246) Image search: [Google]
ITS2016.jpg
884 KB, 4000x2246
>>67974523
Characters I don't like are allowed on television? Really?
I mean, come on, its 2016 people!
>>
>>67974613
Don't tread on me.
>>
>>67974402
You can have characters that people like that aren't characters people would also emulate, though. People who like Seinfeld realize his behavior isn't meant to be emulated (in fact, the humor comes from the fact that he does things you most definitely are not supposed to do).

Linking a Wikipedia article about a man with a mental disorder doesn't prove anything other than that people with mental illnesses do things that normal thinking people know otherwise not to do.
>>
>>67974613
>high quality
Subjective, doesn't matter. Posting on 4chan is not volunteering. It is not doing good.

If that's the best thing you do, you're a bad person.
>>
>>67974614
>comparing the words of someone you disagree with to the words of someone many people dislike
If I were to use your logic, I could call you a SJW because SJWs do this all the time. For example, them comparing Trump and Hitler.

>>67974683
>le snek meme

>>67974689
These characters meant to be emulated, and they're designed that way to destroy gentile societies through degeneracy.

>>67974723
>Posting on 4chan is not volunteering. It is not doing good.
I say it is.

>If that's the best thing you do, you're a bad person.
Why? Because I don't donate my blood to drunk driving degenerates and narcotic addicts? We're all just people, right?
>>
>>67974819
>These characters meant to be emulated, and they're designed that way to destroy gentile societies through degeneracy.
Again, no. The comedy comes from laughing at them for committing faux pas and doing bad things, which reinforces the idea that what they're doing is wrong. If what they were doing was viewed as right, you wouldn't be laughing at them and the show wouldn't be funny.
>>
>>67974819
>If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's not a duck because comparisons are dumb!!!!
>>
>>67974819
>Why?
Because you think posting on 4chan is doing "good." In other words, you have a warped sense of what is good.
>>
>>67974819
>the le meme
As if you weren't enough of a shitposter already.
>>
I wonder weather the Autist posted this thread with the sole purpose of sharing his nuanced review of the show, or if he just stumbled across it, and became so angry about a show depicting complex characters that he couldn't help but shitpost about it for hours.
>>
>>67975061
Maybe he's just having fun.
>>
>>67974869
>The comedy comes from laughing at them for committing faux pas and doing bad things,
The comedy comes from them being charismatic and likable, which is supposed to overshadow their wrongdoings in the eyes of the average viewer. It makes them attractive.

>>67974935
>If it flies through the air, it's a robin red-breast!
>But many different species of organisms fly through the air. Different types of birds, insects, and even mammals all fly.
>Nope! You're a robin red-breast because you disagree with me! Now stop it, robin red-breast! Stop it or I'll cry!

>>67974944
I'm expressing views that are meant to enrich and improve the community. How is that not good?
>>
>>67975061
>complex characters
Oh goodness, you're certainly flattering your degenerate jew show, aren't you?
>>
>>67975152
No, the comedy specifically comes from them doing things you clearly are not supposed to do.

Look at the scene where George pushes an old lady out of the way to escape a fire. This isn't "charismatic" nor is it "likable," it's something you're not supposed to do, and it was met with uproarious laughter.
>>
>>67975152
I'll put it like this, you're a self-righteous authoritarian faggot with clear delusions of grandeur.

Maybe that's not similar enough to an SJW to call you one, but its the exact same reason I have both you and them.
>>
>>67975152
>I'm expressing views that are meant to enrich and improve the community. How is that not good?
>meant
Intentions don't make an act good.

Again, you fail to understand the basic concept of good.
>>
>>67975152
>I'm expressing views that are meant to enrich and improve the community

The ego on you.
>>
>>67975267
>Maybe that's not similar enough to an SJW to call you one
No, you can call him that because that's what he is.
>>
File: day-of-reckoning.png (215 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
day-of-reckoning.png
215 KB, 500x377
>>67974281
Newman made me want to become a mailman, no joke. Newman is best Sein.
>>
>>67975242
>No, the comedy specifically comes from them doing things you clearly are not supposed to do.
And that makes the characters naughty and attractive. Which is likeable. They do things that are forbidden, and even dangerous, which is titillating.

>>67975267
>Maybe that's not similar enough to an SJW to call you one
It isn't. You just can't logically express why you disagree with me, so you jump to comparing me to people we dislike here. You do this because you want to shut me up without having to get into a legitimate argument.

At least you're admitting you're wrong, though.

>>67975284
>>67975333
They are good.
>>
>>67975360
This is what I'm talking about. This impressionable idiot became a mailman, a profession infamously mired in laziness and other immoralities, simply because one of these 'cool XD' characters was one.
>>
>>67975437
>And that makes the characters naughty and attractive. Which is likeable. They do things that are forbidden, and even dangerous, which is titillating.
Which just goes to support that the viewers know what they've doing is wrong and that they should not do them. Thank you for finally agreeing with the right side of this conversation.
>>
>>67975437
Why do you care how other people act?
>>
>>67975437
I refuse to believe you're genuine and instead are just a troll with far too much time. Do you have a job? If so, how do you have time to talk about how a 90s sitcom is part of the elite Jewish plot to wipe out the goyim?
>>
>>67975536
Because he's a warrior for social justice.
>>
File: newman-on-vacation.png (150 KB, 320x243) Image search: [Google]
newman-on-vacation.png
150 KB, 320x243
>>67975502
Wow, you're a rude fella. Good luck ever getting a package, nerd.
>>
>>67975543
It's not trolling. This guy is a social marxist conspiracy theorist nut.
>>
>>67975530
Just because the actions are naughty and forbidden doesn't mean the audiences won't do them. Seeing the "cool dude on the teevee" do them encourages the viewer to follow in their footsteps.

>>67975536
I don't wish to live in a degenerate society.

>>67975543
>wipe out
No, enslave.

>>67975566
>still repeating this fallacious argument
You and I both post on 4chan, therefore, we must be the same person, according to your emotional logic.
>>
>>67975680
>Just because the actions are naughty and forbidden doesn't mean the audiences won't do them
Yes. Some people in the real world do things they know they're not supposed to sometimes. They did this before Seinfeld. They did this before television.

You're not really showing how Seinfeld encourages them to emulate the characters when the show itself clearly illustrates that their behavior is wrong and shouldn't be emulated (again, most of the episodes end with them getting their well-deserved comeuppance and the audience clapping as they reap what they've sow).
>>
>>67975680
>I don't wish to live in a degenerate society.
Already too late for that. Lord Jerry Seinfeld, King of the Jews, killed society back in the 90's. And all you can do is cry about it on 4chan while other posters call you an idiot and laugh at your tears.

Face facts. You've lost. You're a loser.
>>
>>67975680
>I don't wish to live in a degenerate society.
But why?
>>
>>67975826
>clearly illustrates that their behavior is wrong and shouldn't be emulated
But their behavior is funny and exciting, so why wouldn't it be emulated?

>>67975893
>just give up lmao
No thanks.
>while other posters call you an idiot and laugh at your tears
Looking at the thread, whose posts have generated more tears? I never dreamed a few casually expressed opinions would produce such emotional backlash from you folks.

>>67975930
Degenerate behaviors are vile and unhealthy, both immediately and in the long run.
>>
>>67975638
I know, I've been around long enough to see what this place has become. I was just holding out hope, but the satire has become these people's actual views
>>
>>67976023
>But their behavior is funny and exciting, so why wouldn't it be emulated?
Because it's clearly wrong, as evidenced by how the show punishes Seinfeld (and his buddies) for their misdeeds.

Just because behavior is funny doesn't mean it's meant to be emulated. A lot of funny acts aren't meant to be emulated.
>>
>>67976023
But why do you care about the health of other people, or society at large? Why not just worry about yourself and your immediate family?
>>
>>67976023
>whose posts have generated more tears?
You seem to be the most butthurt. Everyone else just seems to be having a good time calling you an idiot and proving you wrong.
>>
>>67976081
>Because it's clearly wrong, as evidenced by how the show punishes Seinfeld (and his buddies) for their misdeeds.
They're never punished severely, though. They always retain their charismatic and appealing personalities and natures. Even in prison, Jerry is depicted joking and laughing. Elaine and Kramer (the best example of what I'm referring to) are never seen punished for their misdeeds in the finale.

>Just because behavior is funny doesn't mean it's meant to be emulated. A lot of funny acts aren't meant to be emulated.
And yet people do. They see behaviors that make them feel pleasant and seek to copy them.

>>67976167
I would have to become a hermit be able to do that. And maybe not even then. My immediate family and I will naturally be affected by the state of society, as will future generations. You're naive to think you can "just live your life" no matter what.

>>67976220
I've been answered with insults and anger, while being quite thoughtful and pensive myself. Doesn't seem like they're having such a swell time.
>proving you wrong
Oh, I'm afraid not.
>>
>>67976408
They literally go to prison.
>>
>>67976408
Jerry is depicted making jokes that nobody laughs at, and is then dragged away by a guard.
>>
File: sauce.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
sauce.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>67968971
I WANT THIS
>>
>>67976482
Where Jerry had a grand old time.

>>67976506
>making jokes that nobody laughs at
Except the audience, the element that matters here.
>>
>>67976570
the audience would laugh at a holocaust documentary, because that's what they're there for.
>>
>>67976570
He got raped.
>>
File: 304133.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
304133.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
Read it out loud...
>>
>>67976625
They're there to encourage the viewers at home to laugh. They help create a funny, interesting atmosphere even within a prison.

>>67976638
And it was met with laughs.
>>
File: WrAO0pX.png (983 KB, 958x726) Image search: [Google]
WrAO0pX.png
983 KB, 958x726
>Let's bury the hatchet, we smoke'um peace pipe!
>>
>>67976766
Why would an audience that likes a character laugh at him getting raped?
>>
>>67976408
>They're never punished severely, though.
They are punished severely, though. They lose their jobs, they lose money, they lose opportunities, they lose social status, they lose relationships, and they wind up ultimately in prison.

>Even in prison, Jerry is depicted joking and laughing
It's to show he's still a bad person and thus deserving of his punishment, which is depicted as bad (living in a such small, bland quarters with three other people for years).

>They see behaviors that make them feel pleasant and seek to copy them.
No. The behaviors make them "feel pleasant" (in other words, they're funny) because they're behaviors they're not supposed to do, as has been evidenced in this thread.

Do you think adults laughing at The Three Stooges then went out and hit their friends over the heads with hammers? Seriously? Not every behavior in television is emulated by right-minded adults. In fact, the people who go emulating bad behavior seen on television generally have mental disorders already (such as the man you posted about earlier).
>>
File: injun.gif (495 KB, 326x245) Image search: [Google]
injun.gif
495 KB, 326x245
Hey-yah, ho-ah, hey-yah, ho-ah
>>
>>67976962
Nah, y'see, they aren't punished because of the laugh track, and how can you blah he's depicted as blah bad person blah blah... charisma... jews.
>>
>>67976408
>show ends with an inmate telling jerry that he'll stab him just before jerry is booed and dragged off stage
>never punished severely
>>
>>67977270
>literally used "Sad!"
>not shitposting severely
We all took the bait. It's time for us to go home.
>>
>>67976822
Because the sodomy joke was naughty and provocative. It wasn't exactly a graphic description of rape that made them legitimately uncomfortable.

>>67976962
>They are punished severely, though. They lose their jobs, they lose money, they lose opportunities, they lose social status, they lose relationships, and they wind up ultimately in prison.

And yet they remain funny, charismatic, and appealing to viewers.

>(living in a such small, bland quarters with three other people for years).
This isn't shown. Jerry is portrayed telling jokes, not suffering as an inmate.

>The behaviors make them "feel pleasant" (in other words, they're funny) because they're behaviors they're not supposed to do, as has been evidenced in this thread.
Yes, the behaviors make them feel pleasant, and they seek to reenact them to get these feelings back.

>Do you think adults laughing at The Three Stooges then went out and hit their friends over the heads with hammers?
You mean the show that's still referenced and imitated today? Yes, I think people did injure each other copying what they saw in entertainment.

People see negative behaviors, and if they're made to feel good about seeing them, they will imitate them, especially if it is easy to do so. Rather than actions from the Three Stooges and Dexter, think about degenerate actions that are more easily emulated in an ordinary person's life.

>>67977270
I didn't see any stabbing.
>>
File: 5452.jpg (29 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
5452.jpg
29 KB, 349x642
>>67977313
>>
>>67977334
Because of all of your shitposting, I'm going to go out and be an amoral, antisocial douchebag, just so you know you're directly making society worse by doing this. You're doing a bad thing.
>>
>>67977350
I never said I was baiting. I said that we fell for bait. I realized it when he used "Sad!" but kept replying to him anyway, mostly out of boredom.
>>
>>67977436
Well, that's your problem. You're purposefully doing that opposite of my intent just to get back at me. It's like stealing food from a UN Aide Station just to spite them.
>>
>>67977521
Exactly. By being so vocal about telling me not to do something, I'm going to go out and do it. Your whining has only made things worse, so I suggest you keep it to yourself next time.
>>
>>67977570
I can't help you being upset by the truth instead of using it to improve yourself. But it's understandable, you're just being spiteful after having your feelings hurt.
>>
>>67977334
>remain funny
His act gets booed. I wouldn't exactly say he "remains funny." There's even that moment where he becomes very serious mid-act, telling the guy who wants to kill him to "lighten up" while, in his voice, you can tell he fears for his life. Hell, you could say that's another thing he loses, his sense of humor, because the act he performs genuinely isn't very funny or up to his standard.

>This isn't shown
It absolutely is in the scene before the last scene.

>Yes, I think people did injure each other copying what they saw in entertainment.
You're wrong: zero "Three Stooges" related injuries.

>People see negative behaviors
And they laugh, but they don't imitate them. Seeing a man get hit in the groin doesn't make your average adult man want to be hit in the groin.

>Rather than actions from the Three Stooges and Dexter
No, those are absolutely valid to the discussion. They're behaviors viewers could emulate but don't because they know they're wrong. The same applies to Jerry Seinfeld. You want to dismiss those shows because they easily debunk your claim: Dexter most certainly did not lead to a mass of killing sprees by its huge viewership. One guy claims to have been inspired, and he was mentally ill beforehand.

You've created a poor argument that you can't support in any true fashion. I'd continue proving it wrong but I don't have the time. Feel free to reply with a rebuttal, but know that it will be in vain.
>>
>>67977669
Do you honestly thing anyone is going to be a better person after reading your posts?
>>
File: The_Puffy_Shirt.png (728 KB, 862x647) Image search: [Google]
The_Puffy_Shirt.png
728 KB, 862x647
>BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE A PIRATE
>>
>>67977719
think*
>>
Sad!
>>
File: quinn.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
quinn.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>this thread
>>
>>67977717
>His act gets booed.
Not by the audience. I believe it's supposed to be deliberately cliched, but the audience, both in studio and at home, still laughs.

>It absolutely is in the scene before the last scene.
When they're shown casually talking in a clean cell.

>And they laugh, but they don't imitate them.
Of course they do.
>Seeing a man get hit in the groin doesn't make your average adult man want to be hit in the groin.
No, it makes them want to hit someone in the groin, or at the very least see someone be hit in the groin in real life. We can actually see evidence of this throughout video sharing sites and shows like America's Funnies Home Videos where real injuries are met with roaring laughter.

>No, those are absolutely valid to the discussion. They're behaviors viewers could emulate but don't because they know they're wrong.
They're actions that may be difficult to emulate in real life. Whereas many of the behaviors on Seinfeld and on similar shows are easy and legal, if immoral and degenerate.

People are most certainly influenced by and imitate actions in media, television included. You cannot refute this and you will never turn me in favor of any depiction of any behavior that devious writers and producers wish to see broadcast.

>>67977719
Yes.
>>
>>67978155
>Yes.
What makes you think that way? Has anyone ever said "I'm so glad you posted that; I'm going to be a good, morally upstanding citizen thanks to you"?
>>
>>67978264
I can only try. It's up to you to listen.
>>
>>67978294
But what makes you think a single person has ever had a positive reaction to your ramblings?
>>
>it's a "thread gets derailed by a lunatic" episode
>>
>>67978365
But really, isn't that more in the spirit of Seinfeld than some quote-filled, suptv-tier circlejerk?
>>
>>67978319
People have agreed with my "ramblings" in the past.
>>
>>67978457
But did you change their minds, or were you just spouting the same delusions as they have?
>>
i was saddened today when i found out there's not a youtube clip of jerry saying "oh moses smell the roses!"
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.