[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this not considered a masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: KOH-SS2.jpg (46 KB, 768x328) Image search: [Google]
KOH-SS2.jpg
46 KB, 768x328
Why is this not considered a masterpiece?
>>
christkino
>>
I would put the directors cut under consideration for masterpiece status. Regular version is poo poo
>>
A shitty theatrical cut gave it terrible reviews and also a bad reputation that made people not want to see the much better directors cut.

Also Orlando Bloom is trash.
>>
Because the theatrical cut is a bit of a mess and most people haven't seen the extended cut.

Incidentally I'm surprised /pol/ doesn't despise this movie for its sympathetic portrayal of Saladin.
>>
>>67959619
>>67959626

> Director's Cut
> good

>>67959636

The movie is basically "Crusaders didnu nuffin" though
>>
>>67959663
>The movie is basically "Crusaders didnu nuffin" though
If that's your take then no wonder you're dumb enough to think the directors cut isn't the better one.
>>
>>67959663
Oh, bullshit, you can feel Scott's hateboner for Christianity throbbing in nearly every scene.

Wait until you do some research and find out how many things he changed specifically to make Christians look bad. The portrayal of the Bishop of Jerusalem is particularly bad.
>>
What is Jerusalem worth?
>>
File: 1026858_1336856947829_full.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1026858_1336856947829_full.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>67959745
>>
>>67959619

What this faggot said.

Ridley Scott means "watch the DC".

The Kingdom of Heaven DC adds the entire boy-king story line, which makes it so much better.
>>
>>67959563
Orlando Bloom's performance.
>>
>>67959563
Because the regular version fucked it, badly edited. The director's cut is definitely pretty great though.
>>
>>67959563
go to bed Fatima
>>
>>67959563
because it isn't very good

i watched the director's cut because you faggots assured me that it wouldn't be shit, but it was embarrassingly bad
>>
>>67959563
Imo, solely because of Orlando Bloom's weak character and acting. Every single other character was better than the main protagonist, who was a bit of a drip.

Also, as a historian, this movie had painfully inacccurate moments. Like "John Wilkes Booth supporting the Union" levels of inaccuracy, but that's not too important. Fantastic film. Wish it got more love from audiences.
>>
>>67959844
Liam Neeson should've been the main character
>>
>>67959636
Saladin was based though, even Christians respected him
>>
because the Muslims won

nobody likes it when Muslims win
>>
Because we only talk about capeshit here
>>
>>67959727
Exactly. Heraclius melted down the silver in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher to pay the ransom for the peasants in Jerusalem. Saladin took the silver but didn't let the peasants go. The Patriarch was instrumemtal in the defense of Jerusalem, but in the movie he said "convert now, repent later." Ridley Scott really slandered the guy.
>>
>>67960317
>Also, as a historian

Did you mistake this film for a documentary?
>>
Because it sucks. The main actor can't act. It's long and boring but still somehow dumb and pointless. Making it even longer didn't fix it either.
>>
>>67960400
It's alright, I'm okay with Muslims winning if I know how the story ends 900 years later
>>
>>67960511
No, it's still a good film, just personally disappointing in this regard since this is will be all some people will know about Sybilla and Heraclius. Like, with Gladiator, at least the real life Commodus was a pretty bad guy. Here, Sybilla is "good" and hates Guy, when in reality they were a power couple and she was a hardliner against muslims, and Heraclius was a cowardly hypocrite, when he was anything but.

It doesn't matter too much though, really. The main problem was Orlando Bloom's chatacter being kind of weak, and literally every other character outshining him.
>>
>>67959563
50% of it was boring as fuck
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.