[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ding ding ding ding ding ding ding what did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
>ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
what did he mean by this?
>>
Daddy Lex is ringing his rape bell again.
> No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fists and abominations.
>>
File: dingding.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dingding.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>
File: BOMB.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
BOMB.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>67956730
BWAMB
>>
Shame
>>
File: eric.png (91 KB, 270x229) Image search: [Google]
eric.png
91 KB, 270x229
>>67956525
>>
>>67956525
also, what did he plan to do with doomsday if superman didn't kick his ass? he seemed to have everything planned pretty good up until that point
>>
I'm not going to spoonfeed you, marvelcuck. Try to develop some more refined taste.
>>
>>67957165
My take is that it makes sense for Lex's character to have reacted that way. He fucking roars in Lex's face and he just stands there and takes it in as if it was a Febreze spray. DD is his son after all, and he expects his child to acquiesce like he himself did for his father before.
Also, I'm pretty sure Lex would've been content on proving that Superman was/wasn't a God (and he succeeded by the way). He didn't care on what happened afterward.

>Boy, do we have problems up here, mmh! Aah the...mmh, the problem of...of evil in the world. Aaamh, the problem of absolute virtue.

>I'll take you in without breaking you, which is more than you deserve.

>The problem about you above everything else. You above all. Ahh, 'cause that's what God is: Horus, Apollo, Jehova, Kal-El, Clark...Joseph...Kent. See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark-Jo. 'Cause God is tribal, God takes sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fists and abominations. Mmm, I figured out way back. If God is all-powerful, he cannot be all-good. And if he's all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful, and neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are...with their eyes: the blood on your hands.
>>
>>67957305
>Also, I'm pretty sure Lex would've been content on proving that Superman was/wasn't a God (and he succeeded by the way). He didn't care on what happened afterward.

good point. he seemed unbalanced enough that he'd pursue that at all costs
>>
Darkseid (Essentially a grey version of thanos that DC made in the comics before Marvel copied him) uses these things called Motherboxes to teleport around the universe, We see one of these motherboxes in the cyborg scene. When they activate they make a *Ping* sound.
>>
>>67957165
The kryptonite you retard
>>
>>67956730
HAWW
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anlb3xijU2A
>>
People asking why he made Doomsday, think about the creation scenes -- how he cries when examining Zod. The Greek Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell, Zod and the other Kryptonians came across the universe simply to restore their people. Yet Superman struck them down, in Lex's eyes, to cement his status as a god. He gives the genesis chamber his own DNA and weeps viewing the lethal results of Superman's righteousness. "If God is all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful" Lex manically laments as he remembers the abuses of his father. So if the super man's intentions for humanity are so supremely pure that he would act as destroyer for his own race, then there is no way he will never live up to them. The largest departure from comic book Lex Luthor is that he is no longer antagonizing Superman out of jealousy, beneath it all is a despair that Superman cannot fulfill the promise he made to this world.
>>
>>67957719By his interaction with the ship and Zod, Lex is more a bridge between 2 worlds than Superman will ever be. After Zod is reborn, Lex reaches out to embrace him. Mad scientist Lex Luthor is more a spiritualist as the ghost of Krypton arises to meet him. The worlds torn asunder by Superman, rather explicitly or implicitly, are linked by a shared experience of moral objectivism. Zod's unerring beliefs could not coexist with the Superman the same as tumultuous nature of humanity cannot. "If man won't kill God, then the devil will do it", there's double meaning: first off, Batman failed to end the Superman, but more importantly, Superman refused to give up his goodness - his godliness - viewing the underbelly of mankind. Batman's character arc in this movie is remembering that moral absolutes do still exist, then Lex's arc is attempting to prove to the world that they do as well. He never thought Superman would kill Batman. A layman would view Lex's catalog of metahuman files as brought on by paranoia. "The oldest lie in America is that power can be innocent" -- think of this of the objectivist scale, not the relativist one. These extraordinary people Lex catalogued cannot simply exist and be complacent, they factually must be like Superman as either savior or destroyer. Remember that despite aiding mankind, Prometheus was no man. Yet Lex's greatest fear is not that Olympus will succeed in stopping Prometheus - Superman has already brought down Olympus -, it's that humanity will. That necessitates the creation of Doomsday, the devil, a being rising against its destroyer. If Superman exists and is godly, then the devil must exist. If life is given to mankind by Prometheus, then anti-life must be given as well.

This, of course, perfectly ties together with the coming of Darkseid. In that deleted scene, he prays before Darkseid's church. Zack Snyder's Lex Luthor does not hate Superman. His villainy comes from believing in him the most out of anyone on the planet.
>>
>>67957742
>>67957719
Legit, unironically shocked after reading this.
The more I think and read about this movie the more I find and remember details that fell way over my head.
Maybe I was overly harsh with it.
I need to watch it again.
Thank you anon.
>>
>>67957863
Lex's character is VERY intriguing. One of the most interesting villains in recent memory that's worth analyzing psychologically.
>>
>>67957863
ya I just saw it tonight and I thought it was pretty good. better than I expected from hearing people talk about it
>>
>>67957719
>>67957742
>>67957863
>>67957889
>>67958627
>this is how DCucks cope

all samefag btw, using different proxies for each post.

gg
>>
>>67957657

YES! BRAVO!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-07-00-18-11.png (80 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-07-00-18-11.png
80 KB, 480x800
>>67958729
Fuck off retard
>>
>>67957165
I think it's a mistake to take anything Lex says at face value. I think he knew his plan was a complete bust when Bruce answered the phone and just released Doomsday to hopefully kill Clark(and maybe himself as well).

Having watched it multiple times, I'm convinced that Lex intended for Clark to kill Bruce and once he returned with Bruce's head, he'd have given Clark some bogus location to go pick up Martha, who would already be burned to death elsewhere.

Once Clark took off, he'd have set Doomsday on a time release and got the hell outta dodge. Meanwhile, his mercs would be off tracking down Lois to kill her, too, and to retrieve Bruce's kryptonite weaponry.

At that point, Lex is free to spin it however he wants, with the only person who can say differently either dead or still in the fight of his life. Lex would then scramble to assemble the Justice League himself to combat the survivor of the Doomsday fight - either the "murderous, unhinged alien" who had just killed a fellow vigilante in cold blood, or the monster whose creation he could also lay at Clark's feet.

And thus he would have reached his real goal - to be worshipped as the visionary genius who proved the "metahuman thesis" and philanthropic sponsor and founder of the Justice League, a team of superhumans whose purpose is to combat threats to the planet, both present and future.

The file folder icons are even a clue to how the billionaire entrepreneur was intending to "brand" his pocket heroes.
>>
>>67957863
I have a completely different theory, but I really like your analysis.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.