[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you bring the Old Republic era to the screen? Either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13
File: KOTOR2Nihilus.jpg (479 KB, 1770x2690) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR2Nihilus.jpg
479 KB, 1770x2690
How would you bring the Old Republic era to the screen? Either as movies or a tv show.

Hard mode: Has to be in line with the current canon continuity
Harder mode: No adapting the games
>>
>>67954663
Fuck off /v/eddit
>>
>>67954756
You act like a child
>>
I feel like a KOTOR 2 story could be possible within the current trilogy, with Luke in the Kreia role (disillusioned with the Jedi way after his own failings as a teacher) and Rey as the Exile

Finn could have been like Atton, with the dark past/jedi killing thing going for him if they hadn't established that he was only just seeing combat for the first time
>>
>>67955017
>>67954663

I guess that's not really answering OP's question but I felt like KOTOR 2 had one of the best stories I've seen in a video game and given the current setup with the ending of episode VII you could feasibly adapt the story onto the current trilogy. you could maybe even retcon Finn as having a darker past than he let on (or maybe you don't even have to, just reveal that he was lying about everything in ep VII and was just pretending to be a retard the whole time)
>>
Some of you guys will want to tear me a new asshole with this one but:

Rise of the Old Republic:
>Retcon of the Legends continuity Old Republic
>About how The Old Republic came to be
>About galactic kingdoms on different planets conflicting
>Each kingdom is ruled by a Monarch with his "Jedi Knights". Wariors that defend their kingdom using the force and their crossguard lightsabers
>The Sith Kingdom's Knights overthrow their king and attempt to take over the other kingdoms in mass
>The Jedi Knights of the other kingdoms have to band together to destroy the Sith kingdom's Knights (now just refereed to as the Sith)
>After defeating them they band together into a new government, with all the Jedi Knights working together and forming the Jedi Order

Give it the feel and aesthetic as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
>>
>>67954663
Both Revan and the Exile are white men. This is a must
>>
>>67956888
I'm terrified they will make Revan a woman
>>
I'm on mobile so I can't do the picture but
Cast Christian Bale as Revan
Cast Mel Gibson as the Exile
Get Sara Kestelman back as Kreia
CIA as Carth
>>
>>67955178
nice fanfiction tier shit
>>
>>67954663
>NON CANON
NON. CANON.
>NON
>CANON
>>
>>67957161
and your faggy cartoon is? NOTHING FROM REBELS WILL EVER BE IN MOVIES
>>
File: NOT CANON.png (139 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
NOT CANON.png
139 KB, 800x800
>>67957212
>>
>>67957131
Fuck off faggot. The OP asked what I would do if I was in charge, and I explained.

Quit being so assblasted that your precious shitty era isn't canon any more
>>
File: Revans mask.jpg (3 KB, 203x163) Image search: [Google]
Revans mask.jpg
3 KB, 203x163
>>67957078
> tell me about revan why does he wear the mask
also what qt3.14 will play best girl bastila
>>
>>67957337
Scarlett Johansson
>>
File: Revan.png (30 KB, 182x168) Image search: [Google]
Revan.png
30 KB, 182x168
This is the best only true canon Revan face, who's with me?
>>
>>67957431

he was obviously the jesus looking character or a black man
>>
>>67957431
yep
>>
Just adapt KOTOR and KOTOR 2 straight up, then take whatever the story of KOTOR 3 was supposed to be and make that into a movie, too.

Those together would form a nice little Old Republic trilogy. Obviously you'd have to change a fair number of details due to the EU getting purged, but even as we speak some of the KOTOR era stuff is coming back into the nu-canon. It could work.
>>
>>67954663
i would like to see a live action star wars tv show similar in quality to star trek. and without any shitty vfx like in the prequals. maybe something that follows a group of 2 jedi on their adventures or something.
>>
Old Republic politics show. Something like House of Cards in space.

Very little action.
Very adult.
>>
>>67957337
did not they use prisoners for face models?
>>
>>67957449
wrong game
>>67957431
I don't care, Revan can be a girl(would fit better in some cases) if they want but exile has to be jesus
>>
>>67957287

Don't post shit from tortanic and expect people to eat up your retarded ideas.

Anyway, there are one of two ways to adapt the Old republic era properly:

A) Movies featuring Zayne Carrick from the KotoR comics, direct adaptation of the original plotline trimming out all the filler crap, with adaptations of the games following depending on how successful/how well liked the first movie is.

or

B) Tales of the Jedi movie done in the style of an old sword and sandal epic movie.
>>
>>67957599
I would kind of like to see Star Wars politics actually made entertaining, if only to prove that it can be done and the blame for it being so boring in the prequels falls entirely on Lucas.
>>
>>67957651
Well you're in luck.

In the season finale of Rebels, Ezra opens an ancient sith temple and hears a womans voice. People are speculating that its Revan
>>
>>67957599
this is the most idiotic idea I have ever seen.
>>
>>67957676
I'd kind of like them to keep it like it was in the EU, where Revan is male and the Exile is female. Assuming the KOTOR stories are being loosely recanonized, that is.
>>
>>67957676
or its meetra surik.Im still upset about the loss of the Mass Shadow Generator. they called it malachor but not malachor v so maybe there is hope
>>
>>67957676
>Finally get a canon female Sith Lord
>could possibly be a retconned Revan
y
>>
>>67957676
>>67957748
What if it's Kreia? "Malachor" and "woman's voice" instantly brings her to mind.
>>
>>67957725

A female exile is not worth losing Jedi Jesus.
>>
>>67957725
no, the EU Revan was idiotic.meetra surik was basically useless and Revan went from one idiocy to another.
>>
>>67957810
>>Finally get a canon female Sith Lord
are you one of those idiots from regressive left that have not consumed any media and think everything is happening for the first time?
>>
>>67957906
*CANON*

Hes right. There isn't a single female sith lord that is canon
>>
>>67957815
unless the are retconing it into a DS end than there should be no Malachor 5 (another reason that makes me think its different Malachor) kind of strange there would be a sith weapon stones drop away from an old warzone so maybe they add in a new war in that location that was not related to Revan and happened years after him
>>
>>67956888
Exile is canonically female
>>
In this pc multicultural age.... fuck no
>>
>>67957876
Revan is cool but the book and the MMO ruined him
>>
>>67957972
Exile is canonically not canon
>>
File: 1438571697183.png (44 KB, 123x156) Image search: [Google]
1438571697183.png
44 KB, 123x156
>>67957161
This triggers me

>>67957431
Not using superior Darth Howie Mandel

>>67954663
I think a tv series or trilogy of movies taking place in the Mandalorian Wars would be pretty excellent.

It could begin as Mandalorians are pillaging fringe worlds but Republic hasn't entered war yet. Then follow a group of jedi that joins the war effort, and keep tabs on some who stay behind, Could change from the video game lore as needed but it already has some solid crib notes to start off with
>>
File: christfigure.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
christfigure.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
>>67957972
I don't give a shit, Jesus Exile is much better according to everyone who actually played the game
>>
>>67957989
well in the game he is whatever you want him to be and beyond that yes he has been ruined.I thought it could not get worse than him being a hobo in scourges basement( scourges masters but whatever) but MMO showed me I was wrong
>>
>>67958051

Pretty much this.

Jesus exile gets:

>Based handmaiden
>Visas romance
>Sexual tension with Atris
>A mother-son dynamic with Kreia
>Sion hating you with a passion over Kreia's supposed favor with you
>Dying for the sins of the jedi order before resurrecting it

vs the female exile's

>Lame ass disciple party member
>Sion having an infatuation with you
>>
>>67955087
>pretending to be a retard
This never results in anything good.
>>
so was Zayne Carrick Revan before the retcon squads got to him?
>>
>>67958111
It's a brand new canon, we can always just stick to the KOTOR version of events and totally disregard TOR.
>>
File: 1408866869088.jpg (5 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1408866869088.jpg
5 KB, 260x194
KotOR Reboot with Jake gyllenhaal as Revan, Gemma Arterton as Bastila.

Ice Cube as Jolee
>>
>>67958051
this.hell I was even amused when Mira kept turning me down for being old(its rare for me to be amused by banter) Jesus Exile made me feel warm and content on LS and confident on DS
>>
>>67958144
>the female exile's
>get killed
>spend a years as a ghost barrier maiden
truly the end worthy of my heroic deeds.
>Sion having an infatuation with you
half the time I could not tell if he wanted me to be his lower,pet or mommy
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1024x768
>>67958051
Eh fuck you, buddy. Skinhead sith Exile is where it's at.
>>
>>67958165

No, Revan and Malak showed up several times as a distinctly different character. Most people thought he was going to turn into the exile and his master would be Sion, but that wasn't true in the end, the writer just loved throwing out red herrings.

>you now realize Jareal had a life expectancy of about 50 years and was probably going to die well before Zayne
>That is, if Zayne wasn't killed by the Mandalorians/Mass Shadow Generator/Revan's Sith empire/Sion's assassin/Nihilus eating Katarr.
>>
>>67958144
only thing female exile has better was atton was more complete but disciple made it just not worth it.
>Jesus exile gets:
>underwear sparring with the handmaiden
>bao dur being a loyal bro if you get him talking
>>
>>67958285
it really felt like they clanged it halfway.in the end Lucien Draay ends up being blind and ready to get crushed on malachor(+he has an unorthodox academy to corrupt) and his mom is kind of like Kreia
>>
>>67958335

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the encounter where the handmaiden returns to the academy as a jedi and gets attacked by a batshit crazy Atris who tortures her while asking things like "Did you look upon him with love?"

>>67958409

I know what you mean, but I do kind of like that it was its own contained story without involving characters from the subsequent games too much.
>>
File: TobinRavager.jpg (36 KB, 589x379) Image search: [Google]
TobinRavager.jpg
36 KB, 589x379
>>67958284
looks bit like a bad kinf of generic.kind of face you would see in jedi academy, even Colonel Tobin looked cooler than that
>>
>>67958490
>I know what you mean, but I do kind of like that it was its own contained story without involving characters from the subsequent games too much.
I kind of agree, I did not like Zayne much and hated his support cast (especially the rodent guy)I generally also dislike heroes that skate by on luck and audacity but having a slow build up would have been interesting, like instead of saying outright "we are starting a comic about Revan" we just watch a guy and his story and slowly find out that he is Revan
>>
File: swKOTOR13.jpg (177 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
swKOTOR13.jpg
177 KB, 533x800
>>67958409
+ he had HK and a mandalorian ,easy assumption at a time when there was not much backstory.
>>
File: QgTwIoH.png (34 KB, 109x126) Image search: [Google]
QgTwIoH.png
34 KB, 109x126
>>67958749
why is there a handle there? there is literally no purpose for it
>>
when will Darth Maul die?
>>
>>67958859
episode 1
>>
>>67958848
I think its an energy pike or something, you need a grip if you try to skewer something and need a grasping point to use as a lever. it does not have a sabers cutting power.
>>
>>67958896
cartoons are cannon
>>
>>67958989
i reject them
>>
>>67954663
Idk why I just feel like Michael C Hall could really pull off Nihilus for some reason, I know he doesn't say a word in English but I just feel like the role is right for him

am I the only one who feels this way?
>>
>>67959070
Probably.

There's so much neat shit in KOTOR and KOTOR 2. I'm worried Disney will never approve anything like those games, anything that bothers to poke into the nature of the Force and the entire point of having the Jedi around.
>>
>>67959002
Then stop talking about your headcanon like its fact
>>
>>67955178
This could work as the first movie in a trilogy I think, with the second and third movies being a bit more traditional with the era
>>
>>67955178
sound shit. even more shit than The Great Hyperspace War. I will take rakata hound dogs over this.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.