[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever find out the truth about Tommy Wiseau?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: Tommy-Wiseau-3.jpg (65 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Tommy-Wiseau-3.jpg
65 KB, 1024x768
Will we ever find out the truth about Tommy Wiseau?
>>
>>67952099
There is no truth. What are you talking about Richard?
>>
>>67952099
anyway how is your sexlife?
>>
He's a Belgian vampire, there's not much more to learn.
>>
Dollars to donuts that this motherfucker is an honest to god:

A: time traveler from the distant, DISTANT future

B: Alien

C: Angel/diety of some sort
>>
>>67952099
My friend went to one of his premieres (or events?) once

He said that after being 2 hours late, Tommy gave the most bizarre 1 hour speech he had ever heard, and then people lined up to him to have him bless his special brand of underwear (yes Tommy Wiseau makes his own brand of underwear), which they all bought beforehand

This made the premier of the film start at like 3:30am instead of midnight....
>>
Ask a guy who met Greg Sestero anything
>>
>>67952309
Have you ever wiped your ass with the palm of your hand instead of using toilet paper?
>>
>>67952309

Who is Greg Sestero
>>
I honestly believe he isn't human. But not in a bad way

In a "I've come from another dimension to one day save the human race" type way
>>
>>67952099
According to Sestero, he's from Eastern Europe, got sexually abused several times as a child/teenager, made a bunch of money thanks to selling weird shit for the mob, and wrote The Room after breaking up with a woman. Don't think we'll ever get much beyond that.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>67952164
You did not just ask me that! My...what a forward young man you are!
>>
>>67952099
I see a bit of Michael Beihn in this pic, maybe it's the eyes
>>
>>67952380
I DUDDITS
>>
>>67952428
Oh man, she's cute
>>
>>67952301
Gibe contents of the speech pls
>>
>>67952099
The truth is he's fucked up from a car accident and from the Eastern Bloc. Who fucking cares? The guy is nuts.
>>
someone figured out by his accent that he's polish
>>
>>67952278
>A: time traveler from the distant, DISTANT future
If Tommy is your average future man I bet it's a hell of a place, I'd go
>>
>>67952585

That explains why he's such a massive tool.

[spoilers]See, because you call people from Polland 'Poles,' and 'pole' can be used to mean 'penis.'[/spoiler]
>>
>>67952428
Haha! What a story, anon
>>
>>67952546
>A BLOO BLOO BLOO WHO CARES????
Evidently not you, so fuck off
>>
>>67952362
not anon but yes
>>
I met Tommy in philadelphia in 2014 at a premiere, he told me I looked like a vampire. We shook hands, shit was dope.
>>
>>67952428

>you will never be her forward young man
>>
>>67952734
I wasn't seriously asking which individuals care, I'm simply saying it isn't interesting enough (and has already been pretty much answered by Greg in his book) to be wondered about on a Taiwanese paper mache imageboard.
>>
>>67952815

Dude, that book sold incredibly well and netted Greg Sestero several awards, not to mention the posters in this thread that aren't you. I think that at least a few people care about what's actually going on with Wiseau.
>>
>>67952099
He was a fucking idiot that became a mockery and is aware of it so has embraced it. People have now started to think he was self-aware the entire time but he wasn't.
>>
>>67952309
Was he as chill with you as he was when I met him? My girlfriend and him had a moment when they got to talking about Maine since she's from there and the girl that Sestosterone was seeing then was from there as well.

That same night, Tommy signed my red dress, saying "remember, behave" on it.

It's one of my most valued possessions, and one of my most treasured moments as a human being.
>>
>>67952897
It's just obvious he's a very disturbed and troubled man with a troubled past and a horrific car accident that obviously changed him.

The more you read from that book the more you learn about how truly pathetic Tommy is and how sad his situation is. It's nice to see him have a following, but the guy is oblivious to everything and anything.

I feel for him, but I'm also not interested in the obvious.
>>
Tommy Wiseau killed JFK
he invented magic bullets
>>
>>67952971
>my girlfriend
>my dress

GET OUT YOU CARPET MUNCHING GAY GIRL.
>>
>>67952979
He's like the Wesley Willis of filmmaking. He may not be in on the joke, his past may be tragic, but regardless of all that, he seems genuinely happy with all the attention he's received, not to mention with how his life has turned out, and he has thousands of "fans" across the country which is something that none of us will ever achieve.

>>67952971
And no, I'm a dude. I figured that if there was anything I would want to have that was signed by Tommy Wiseau, it would surely be some slutty red dress that I found at the thrift shop.
>>
>>67953110
He doesn't even understand he only has fans because he's a weirdo who made a really shitty movie that people make fun of.

That's even more sad.
>>
>>67952955
The Room would be imposible to make if Tommy was self-aware
>>
>>67952309
How's your sex life?
>>
>>67953110
>>67953018
That second bit was for (You)
>>
>>67952815
>implying Greg is correct
Half his shit was speculation anyway.
I think you're just projecting because Tommy is more interesting than you'll ever be.
Seriously though 'who cares?' I hear that shit all the time from the most vapid, dead-eyed, emotionally stunted cunts.
>>
>>67953180
And Wesley Willis never even understood that the thousands of people at his shows were nothing but a bunch of mean-spirited bros who were coming to laugh at a fat black retard sing nonsense over keyboard presets. Dude legit thought he was a rockstar.

Sure, it's depressing as hell on one level (our level), but on his, it was a completely different story. I honestly feel like ignorance is bliss here, and no matter how you spin it, he was known by millions and his work was nevertheless appreciated, whether or not it was for the "right" reasons, by more people than will ever even be aware of my existence.

On his level, there's something incredibly heartwarming about that, just as there's something incredibly sad about it on ours.
>>
>>67952309
Is he as much a self-absorbed cunt as he makes himself out to be?
>>
>>67953386
He was actually the opposite when I met him, exactly the kind of humble, if a little hollow, person that you'd expect a former male model to be.

But I read a very different interpretation of the disaster artist than you did. To me, it came across as the act of a handsome, talented almost-was who was a lucky break or two away from a moderately successful acting career like Hartnett's, Franco's, or even Jake Gyllenhall's, squaring all of his one-time career aspirations against the fact that he will now be known only for "The Room".

The track of his relationship with Tommy in the face of his flagging career read like the Kubler-Ross stages of grief.
>>
Was it autism?
>>
>>67953617
It is a little sad but it was all worth it for The Disaster Artist. Perfectly captured Tommy Wiseau in a bottle.
>>
>>67952979
>>67953110
>>67953180
>>67953345
It's gone beyond The Room, Tommy is part of the spectacle just as well as his film. He's strange and mysterious and actually seems like a cool dude too, a lot of people just come to meet him. Also I think he's got more going on upstairs than most people realize, he runs a company for a start, and he knows how to get results (see that part in the book where he got a reserved table at a restaurant that wasn't even his and then made them move him to one that was more to his liking).
>>
>>67953617
He seems like a textbook narcissist to me.
>>
>>67953894
Like a lot of Eastern Europeans who grew up amongst the shittiness of life inside the Iron Curtain, he is obviously a smart dude who's really good at playing dumb.

Though in many ways, he's completely oblivious at the same time.

My hunch is that he's either Romanian, autistic, or both.
>>
>>67954060
You have to be a bit of one to even want to think of putting yourself into the human shredder that is the Hollywood acting business.

But from when I met him and how he got along with Tommy and the fans at 4AM, he seemed much more down to earth and realistic than the book portrayed him to be.

I'd imagine that the publishers probably pushed him and his writer to sound a little more like how the readers would expect Mark to talk, rather than 100% be himself which might come off as a little jarring to the readers given their preconceived notions about this generically handsome nobody.
>>
>>67952099
He works better as a mystery and a legend.
>>
>first (and last) season of his youtube gaming channel finale.
> rips off ijustina's arms.

FATALITY BITCH.

get'em alien.
>>
>>67955697

>BUT ALIEN!!!! I WANTED TO FUCK HER SEXLIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxBDQcWvhYU
>>
>>67952099
I used to think vampires weren't real.
Then I discovered Tommy Wiseau.

It explains his strange accent, mannerisms, and mysterious past. It also explains how he can seemingly pull millions of dollars from nowhere.

Even more damning is the fact that the cast of The Room said he is "much older" than he claims and that the original script had Johnny/Tommy reveal himself as a vampire and fly away in his car at the end. This may seem like a non-sequitor, but remember that the Room is supposed to be 100% autobiographical.
>>
He is a god that has risen from the Tatra mountains. He is destined to unite the world and bring forth new knowledge that will help us transcend passed the physical realm and evolve as a species.
>>
>>67955614
I agree
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 443x332
TOMMY WISEAU VS NEIL BREEN
>>
>>67958287

I agree with you.
>>
>>67958321
Agreed.
>>
>>67952099
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
>>
File: 1303602453322s.jpg (7 KB, 251x248) Image search: [Google]
1303602453322s.jpg
7 KB, 251x248
>>67952787
>tommy will never call you a vampire
>>
>>67952362
No

>>67952379
Mark

>>67952971
Yeah, he was nice. Took a picture with him. He did a Q&A after a screening of the room.

>>67953193
My girlfriend dumped me about a month ago, but I'm glad to say I had sex in 2016

>>67953386
He is a bro
>>
>>67953110
Hey I actually like Wesley Willis
>>
how did he get the money to pay for The Room?

he would do things like buy camera equipment that costs tens of thousands of dollars instead of renting it like most film companies do

no one ever had any idea where the money came from
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.