[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was incredibly cozy even though it's horror.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12
File: Thing_poster_01.jpg (780 KB, 2136x3211) Image search: [Google]
Thing_poster_01.jpg
780 KB, 2136x3211
This movie was incredibly cozy even though it's horror. Any other comfy movies out there?
>>
I guess not.

Seriously, though, do you mean other comfy horror movies, or movies in general. Because there's comfier other-genre movies than The Thing. it's the comfiest horror/thriller movie though
>>
>>67951685
Comfy movies of all genres for me:
Untouchables
The Good, the Bad and The Ugly
Real Genius

Comfy Horror movies:
Evil Dead (all three, really)
Nightmare on Elm Street (1, 3 are my faves)
Alien
>>
File: black_sunday_poster.jpg (904 KB, 2555x1998) Image search: [Google]
black_sunday_poster.jpg
904 KB, 2555x1998
>>67951685
Black Sunday is GOAT comfy
>>
>>67951685
>>67951685
2001 space Odyssey
>>
>>67953266
I think the third Evil Dead is the comfiest out of the three.
and I think Aliens is comfier than Alien
>>
>>67951685
I always find the ring pretty comfy because of its gloomy tonality and mystery solving story. i wish i could watch it again for the first time.
>>
File: kiki[1].jpg (269 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
kiki[1].jpg
269 KB, 1366x768
Don't mind me. Just posting the comfiest movie ever made.
>>
>>67953300
I personally like the second one because of Ash's solitude. the third one feels real campy and not spooky enough to make me pull the covers up and get the required comfy. to each their own tho.

Aliens was good too.

Night of the Living Dead 2 is pretty good too, actually. same with They Live.
>>
File: averag_mexicane.jpg (11 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
averag_mexicane.jpg
11 KB, 286x176
>>67953531
>it's a "manchild calling cartoon 'movies' " post
>>
>>67953538
See, the campiness 3 makes it super comfy for me, but that's just us having different things that make us comfy.

Is the second Dead that good? That's Dawn, right? I liked Night of the Living Dead but after watching some of his other movies I think he's kind of a hack. Like Diary and Land of the Dead were pretty awful tbqh
>>
>>67953592
not that anon, but I agree with him.

>Cartoon
>a motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects.

anything CGI is literally a cartoon by your logic. you're either a puritan elitist, or a faggot.

most likely both.

take a class and stop embarrassing yourself...
>>
>>67953638
NoTLD is comfy as f.
>>
>>67951685
Oh boy, a Thing thread.

Hopefully this takes off. Why didn't the Thing utilize previously assimilated aliens to it's advantage? Surely it must have encountered a being that could survive sub-zero temperatures and even thrive in them.
>>
>>67951685
Something about being in the warmth inside of a blizzard, kind of like being under the roof of a carousel in the middle of a rainstorm. Truly comfy and genuine.
>>
>>67953638
>Is the second Dead that good?
sorry, i meant Return of the Living Dead Part 2.

it was a zomie horror comedy where basically they accidentally burn some chemicals in a cremator in a cemetary, the smoke goes into the atmosphere and rains onto the cemetary and raises the dead.

hilarity ensues.

the zombies are also as lecherous in death as master roshi is in life. they show titty.
>>
>>67953714
>Why didn't the Thing utilize previously assimilated aliens to it's advantage?
Maybe it got too damaged when it crash landed and had to start from scratch? Maybe what you saw in the ice block was it's true form. I haven't watched that shitty prequel so I might be wrong.
>>
File: Worm.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Worm.webm
3 MB, 768x432
There is nothing comfier than a bunch of hungarians fighting and running around a metro station with a QT in a bear suit.
>>
>>67953714
Jesus fucking chringe
>>
>>67953763
Oh! Well I've give that a watch then. I haven't heard about that one
>>
>>67953790
Cringe?

How so?

Thing threads are the best discussions on 4chan, period. Go back to /got/ faggot.
>>
File: B0fKT-3IIAACcwx[1].jpg (54 KB, 593x441) Image search: [Google]
B0fKT-3IIAACcwx[1].jpg
54 KB, 593x441
I think this is pretty comfy, and an altogether underrated movie as well
>>
File: tvdiscusessthething.jpg (412 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
tvdiscusessthething.jpg
412 KB, 800x533
>>67953714
The best part about The Thing is how little we understand about the monster. Something that completely flew over the prequel remakes fucking head.

The best horror movies utilize mystery and mystery is best when speculation is left to the audience.

>fuck yeah it's The Thing thread
>>
>>67953844
Because your comment would eliminate the need for the fucking movie

>why didn't the thing assimilate something that could thrive in the ice

Well because that would ruin the movie
>>
>>67953295
my fucking guy, all of bava's movies feel this way to me
>>
>>67953714
I don't wanna force another Thing thread as there should be a cooldown period for people to rewatch and have time to digest other people's theories or examples but I will answer anyway cuz fuck yeah The Thing.

I like to think that it was trying to just get the fuck away as a dog but wouldn't have anything to live off without dying to the elements. as for utiliziing previously assimilated aliens, it seemed to just want to create a giant miasma of thingness, and seemed to only keep up the charade in a few select agents to possibly keep the main Thing from being discovered while it was plotting.

it tried turning into a bigger Thing with the dogs and again at the end, where it had been absorbing people the whole time until Mac found and blew it up.

thats just me though.
>>
>>67953957
>miasma
I don't think this word means what you think it means
>>
>>67954014
I'm pretty sure the thing tried to turn into a deadly purple poison cloud in a deleted scene
>>
>>67953822
there's a really great scene where the comedy really shines, but i'll spoiler it for you in case you don't wanna ruin it.

an initial two cops respond to the 911 call about the dead coming to life. they obviously don't believe it, but literally as soon as they get out of the car, the zombies all jump them and eat them. while they're being eaten, dispatch says over the radio something like "officer bradley, what's your status? do you require assistance, over?" and one of the zombies just picks up the radio and grunts "BRING. MORE. COPS!". had me giggling as a kid for sure. so silly
>>
>>67951685
The guy pouring whiskey into the computer bcause he was mad he lost took me out of the movie. It's one of those hollywood things that noone ever does IRL that is only used to establish something for later on. Shit like that bothers me so much. The rest of the movie was mediocre at best.
>>
>>67954014
yuo r correkt.

i suppose i meant conglomeration or 'fusion of fuckery' or something rather solid instead of gaseous.
>>
>>67954069
What are you on about that's about the most Kurt russel thing to happen in the movie. That scene fucking defines his character and yes it's also the most important scene in analyzing the ending
>>
>>67954069
that was a character defining moment, even if you don't believe it had anything to do with the ending.

If i had lost even 5 games in a row to a computer and i was working up a buzz, i'd fucking pour some whiskey down its face. that was his way of showing a) he doesn't like to lose, b) he's resourceful at getting his own way and c) he's not above taking out something of importance to get what he wants

exploring point C, he wastes a perfectly good computer just cuz he can and they probably have extras around camp or some shit. it translates to the end as well because he'd gladly take out himself just so the other guy won't win.

it's not-obvious foreshadowing and a funny scene. if that takes you out of the immersion then i am sorry for you.
>>
>>67954069
>mediocre at best
ah I see now this was a meme post (-_-) wew lad
>>
>>67951685
Just done watching pic related. The portrayals of camaraderie and respect among peers make it maximum comfy for me
>>
>>67954185
Yea I said I understood that. But real people don't do that shit. If someone you knew irl poured fucking whiskey into a computer you would think he was stupid. It's a Hollywood thing that only happens in movies, it's a crutch used to show what a character is all about without actually having to bother fleshing him out in a natural way. It's like, a villain can be relateable with understandable but misguided motives, or the director, if he sucks, can just have the villain smoke and kick and a dog to show the audience he's the bad guy. It's lazy storytelling. I'm shocked people who like this silly movie don't get this.

Maybe a scene where he's having a bad night playing poker with the other characters and he loses his temper or something, that would be more relateable and realistic. But pouring whiskey into a computer is so random and stupid.
>>
>>67953928
What the fuck are you talking about, how would that "ruin" the movie?
>>
File: 144251627036000.jpg (1003 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
144251627036000.jpg
1003 KB, 4500x4334
>>67954069
This is the first shitpost I've seen in a Thing thread. Congratulations, you stained a masterpiece; wiped your asshole along the ceiling of the sixteenth chapter. Does it feel good? Are you a big guy now? YOU WILL NEVER BE BILL WILSON. YOU WILL NOT BE UNDERSTOOD- FLESH ON FLESH IN FLESH BUT NOT YOURS I WILL RAPE IT INTO YOU

Don't worry about it, anon.
>>
>>67954379
>bahh it's Hollywood and not realistic character building
>bahh why didn't the alien adapt and unfreeze itself

the other guy explained it pretty well about there being extras

You sound like you'd be real fun to watch movies with

>why is there slow motion! The characters couldnt react that fast!
>>
>>67954379
>realistic
>in a science fiction film about assimilation and aliens

can you not accept this could perhaps be an alternate universe where the zeitgeist movement started in the 50's and everything is free to the point where you can do whatever the fuck you want?

>aliens
>real situations

pick one.

if anything, their reactions to the fucking alien were the most real and thought provoking thing. some panicked but for the most part they all played like the scientists they are and stayed grounded because they were more interested in what it was at first.

>villain smoke and kick and a dog to show the audience he's the bad guy

you're implying that anybody in any sort of hardcore gang doesn't abuse animals or smoke any substance. I see nothing wrong with visibly showing someone abuse an animal (without actual harm to the animal) if it meant understanding the character.

everybody in this film smokes cuz it's the 80's and the dogs die but they're not bad people.

this is a good movie because all departments came together and worked their asses off and your opinions are misguided and biased against silly plot points.
>>
>>67954618
teenagers and trolls BTFO
>>
Everyone is obtuse on this board but I think my comment was pretty simple. A grown man who loses a chess game to a computer and then pours whiskey into the computer and breaks it? That's a stupid, hollywood, bullshit scene. No one posting here has ever done anything like that in their lives. The director did this only to establish that the character hates to lose, something which could easily be done a million ways, yet he chose to do it that way. It's such a silly choice and so absurd on screen that it undermines the movie. I get that you guys like it, but that fact alone allows you to ignore its glaring flaws. I don't care about the movie one way or another and was only stating my two cents.
>>
>>67954818
go read catcher in the rye faggot
>>
>>67954881
Don't get so mad that you pour your mountain dew into your mom's computer
>>
>>67954818
Like how people never break controllers when they lose at video games? Or how athletes don't break shit in the locker room when they lose? Or how people don't go home and beat their wives or whatever the fuck when they don't get the promotion?

Get over yourself my man
>>
>>67954818
>I'm a pleb and I'm proud of it
>>
>>67954927
Those are all realistic things. But pouring whiskey into a computer is not a realistic thing. Is this hard for you to understand?
>>
File: 1429676625883.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
1429676625883.gif
721 KB, 446x251
I remember when I liked this movie then I grew up when I realized shapeshifting aliens were too silly and absurd to actually happen.
>>
>>67954979
It's the same thing you fucking idiot. Sometimes sore losers break shit when they get angry. I don't see why breaking other shit is reasonable for you but breaking a computer isn't.
>>
File: 1436336200439.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1436336200439.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Gee willy guys this movie was alright but did he really have to pour his whiskey down the computer? Such a childish thing, I could never imagine this happening in real life, what an immersion breaking experience! I can't believe I was subjected to this one might even say triggered!
>>
I like the part in the beginning where childs is in his longjohns and smoking a joint. Ultimate comfy.
>>
>>67955028
It's just such an absurd and random choice for one of the defining scenes of the main character.

Why not have a scene of him sitting and knitting tea towels, and then having him break a stitch and rip them all to pieces to show that he's easily frustrated? Why not a scene where he's drinking absinthe and using a mimeograph to show he's old fashioned? No, that would be absurd, because there are a million easier ways to show those things to the audience.
>>
>>67951685
A comfy horror that stands out to me is Stephen Kind's Rose Red. Also try The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer.
>>
Wedding Crashers is pretty comfy

So is Disturbia
>>
>>67951685
Horror is always comfy by default most of the movies are about arriving to a cozy place
>>
>>67955604
>me and my buds would pre game watching wedding crashers in college

Christ those were better days
>>
Evil Dead 2

Miller's Crossing is ultimate comfy

Coen Bros. in general have comfy movies, Barton Fink comes to mind, O Brother Where Art Thou (better if you're Christian and not triggered by that sort of thing)
>>
>>67955663
it's never too late to relive them

In Bruges is well known comfy too
>>
>>67954379
Yea I said I understood that. But real people don't do that shit.
you'd be surprised. people throwing controllers through TVs, breaking pool cues over their foreheads. I don't think I've seen something as expensive as a computer broken, but I never found that unbelievable. maybe you should get out more, meet more people, see them in their frustrated moments.
>>
>>67955228
You're retarded and you've ruined this thread with your dumb bullshit.

>Wow, people don't break things when they're mad. Immersion ruined.
>>
>>67955702
Is that newest movie any good?
>>
>>67956022
haven't seen it but it seems like the newer movies are only good if you think about them a ton
>>
Objectively the comfiest horror movie of all time is The Howling V. It's an 80s murder mystery set in a snowed in castle with a werewolf. What's not to like?
>>
murder by death
>>
>>67951685
this movie is great in all ways except the super cheesy scene where the doctor gets some data showing how many would die and it has a graphical example of earth and everything.
>>
File: 1459891813544.jpg (10 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1459891813544.jpg
10 KB, 285x298
>>67953790
Found the faggot
>>
>>67955007
fag
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0
>>
>>67954069
A FUCKING LEAF
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.