[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pitch me season 3 of True Detective.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: hbo_logo_white_on_black.jpg (22 KB, 740x381) Image search: [Google]
hbo_logo_white_on_black.jpg
22 KB, 740x381
Pitch me season 3 of True Detective.
>>
A regular guy, with a regular job...
>>
people are unhappy for no reason and an actress past her prime gets her tits out in eps1 and 7. appalachian setting and there are lots of hints at squirrel meat being fungi from yuggoth until it turns out that the murders were perpetrated by a drunk lumberjack.

there's also a token nigger in the main cast dealing with prejudices of rayciss boonie crackas.
>>
Directed by Cary Fukushima
>>
i can't thing of nothing that will have the same emotional impact as a cult that delves in the occult and kidnaps women and child and murders/tortures/rapes them in sometimes ritualistic and horrific fashion
>>
File: 3586204.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3586204.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>67949141
Thanks for meeting with me.

Your problem was the same as "The Wire," months if not years went in to perfecting Season 1, and then season 2 was sort of hastily thrown together and turned out to be shit. "The Wire" spent the next three seasons trying to be that good again, and almost sort of got there by the final season.

You want to skip that mistake? Take two years if you have to. Get it right. Set it in the present day and cast two females as your leads, set it over a short span of time, say, weeks or months (to differentiate it from the multi-year s1 stroy arc). Hire directors who give a fuck.

I'll see myself out.
>>
Starring: Owen Wilson & Ben Stiller
>>
File: harry_houdini_54541.jpg (37 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
harry_houdini_54541.jpg
37 KB, 600x300
One detective. Setting in south Texas near Mexican border. Children have mysteriously been disappearing for 2 years and no one has a clue where to begin. Federal Marshal sends in one man to investigate. Played by Adrien Brody.
>>
>a string of attacks starts appearing around town, the only lead they have is a description of the assailant, a kid with a golden bat and roller skates
>the attacker only appears when someone wants "a way out"
>>
>>67949141
It's the 1960's. People in a Chicago suburb are going missing. Adrian Brody and Hank Azeria star.
>>
two detective go to a mining town in the 50s/60s
>>
make it about emma roberts taking guys home from the bar under the pretense of hooking up only she drugs them and ties them forcing them to be her sex slaves for a few weeks before eventually torturing and killing them

paul dano as an intrepid young reporter who eventually narrowly avoids being one of her victims and eventually breaks free and reports the story
>>
>>67949141
Halle Berry and Chloe Moretz play true detectives with a growing and undeniable physical attraction for one another. One, a rookie on the police force, and the other, a seasoned lieutenant, realize their burning feelings and, at the conclusion of each episode, make passionate and graphic love at different crime scenes, resulting in at least one squirt before the credits roll.
>>
>>67949873
>emma roberts
I like your idea, but why not cast someone attractive instead?
>>
A string of murders begin popping up in the swamplands outside Baltimore/DC that a retired detective turned author thought he had already solved.

Starring Detectives Munch, McNulty, and Bunk
>>
>>67949141
An LA detective (played by Chris Tucker) is investigating a series of murders seemingly commited by the same person. A detective from overseas in Hong Kong (played by Jackie Chan) comes because the exact same crimes are happening in his city. The twist is that all of the murders happened at the same time. Later, more detectives show up from countries like Ireland (played by Aiden Gillen), Australia (played by Russell Crowe), and Israel (played by Larry David).
>>
>set some where in new england
>coastal town
>two new detectives that just moved there slowly realize something's up
>string along some vague Lovecraft shit, with lots of rapes and muydahs
>ends with one character killing himself and the other going mad after finding the killer's human-skin leather bound dream journal

Thats it.
>>
2003, Nebraska. Something about bodies and cornfields with a tease of occult influence like season 1.

Michael Shannon and Tom Petty star.
>>
Brendan Fraser and Sandra Bullock are assigned to investigate a new Zodiac copycat
>>
MCs are CIA and JUST any plot can work
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.