[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually go to the movies alone? I always thought this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23
File: 1200.jpg (73 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
73 KB, 1200x600
Do people actually go to the movies alone? I always thought this a /tv/ meme but I was going to see Zootopia with my girlfriend today and there was actually someone who went alone to see it.

It was the weirdest thing, he was in his 20's, dressed very poorly and obviously had snuck in candy because he rattled everytime he walked. We were a bit scared that he was going to shoot up the place half way through. He also looked nervous and kept on glancing behind him. Maybe he knew that we were talking/laughing about him.

What kind of fucking weirdo would go to the movies alone?
>>
good question, anyone care to answer?
>>
>>67948695
Who cares
>>
>>67948746
I do.

Often times I just want to see the latest movie, as a critical experience so I can review it properly.

I go with friends or family after that. I'm not a fucking psychopath.
>>
Real men bring their mom to the cinema
>>
How did he get past the ushers? Don't you yanks have a no singles policy?
>>
>it's become a societal norm that if you go anywhere or do anything by yourself, you're a fucking loser

i hate everything
>>
>>67948695

Me and my friends went to see the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and I'm not even kidding about this, some old man sat besides me and he was all alone. He'd whisper to me about things he saw in the movie, and laughed really loud.

Felt kind of sorry for him, shared some popcorn with him and whatnot. He wasn't weird or anything, and seemed like a genuine nice guy who couldn't get his grandchildren to come with him.
>>
>>67948969
does human interaction weird you out? why would that seem like such an outlandish and unbelievable anecdote?
>>
>>67948695
Married guy with a family here who is pretty professionally successful, has had a healthy social life and friends, well, forever.

I've gone to a few movies alone when I was younger because no one else wanted to see them. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Dreamcatcher are two that I can think of.

If I want to see something and no one else does then I'll go by myself. That hasnt happened in a while though because I dont see many movies at the theater anymore that arent with my kids once they make it to the cheap theater. Usually just big releases with my buddies.
>>
There are many reasons why someone would go alone, though the base cause I suppose would be wanting to see a movie badly enough to not care if you go alone or not.

I usually can't find people to go with as I work odd hours so that's my excuse but I hate the theater so I rarely go.

I have a friend that goes alone because its rare for him to actually be alone and he tries to enjoy it when he can. The pleasure of one's own company can be a lot if you're constantly around people.
>>
If you drive a car by yourself instead of carpooling you're an anti-social beta nerd virgin.

TELEVISION AND FILMS
>>
I do.

Because of my work schedule, I rarely get a chance to go to the theater with my friends who like going at night or on the first day of a new movie.

So I just go when I can.

For example, I went and saw BvS by myself on a Sunday morning because it was the only time I had where I could.

Pretty empty except for a small handful of old people. It was comfy.

I also live in a small ass town, so we aren't concerned with people shooting up the place.
>>
Aside from obvious bait why does it even matter? If you want to see a movie but don't care to invite anyone then just do it
>>
there is a difference between the media world and the real world anon no one in this country cares about anyone doing anything alone unless you are acting suspiscously
>>
>>67949048

For most people I guess some old guy sitting next to you, almost randomly talking to you would be annoying and/or weird. Especially while watching a new movie

I mean, he talked alot, and his laughing was, actually, outlandishly loud. Probably formulated myself a little bad, sorry m8
>>
>>67948695
Yep, just went yesterday to see BvS, I also saw Fury Road alone.
>>
I go all the time alone. I like movies, I go to watch and become engaged in a movie and enjoy it.

If Im going to go on a date for example, I dont take someone to a movie where there is little to no interaction btween the people. Ive always thought it was one of the poorest date choices although obviously popular.
>>
going to the movies is pretty fucking sad. It would be like going to the bowling alley alone.
>>
only normies go with friends. I hate people that cant manage to do anything on their own.
>>
>>67948746
Perhaps I could recommend you some hard terror flicks?
>>
>We were a bit scared that he was going to shoot up the place half way through

Shame he didn't, then you wouldn't have had to make this thread.
>>
>>67949271
dont apologise this place has conditioned me to only construct replies in a semi hostile way
>>
>2016
>not having fake reporter/reviewer credentials on a neck lanyard
>not bring a pen and notepad so you look the part

It's like you cucks want to be btfo by the no singles policy
>>
I do

I don't have a gf and going with your m8s to watch a furry children's movie has to be the gayest thing
>>
>>67949503
Are you autistic? Having a random old dude whispering to you in a theater is pretty wierd
>>
>>67949462
lol
>>
Last movie I went to alone was Inside Out. Even as a femanon it felt awkward because there were so many parents with kids there. It wouldn't be as awkward if it was a teen/adult film.

There is only one time that I've actually remembered seeing someone at the theatre alone. My friend and I went to a late showing of The Hobbit and some ugly middle-aged guy with glasses, head to tow in grey sweats with a giant bucket of popcorn, sat a couple of seats beside us even though there were only like 10 people in the entire theatre. As long as the film is age appropriate, you're not hideous, you dress normal, and you don't sit abnormally close to anyone else, no one will notice you.
>>
>>67948695
>Maybe he knew that we were talking/laughing about him
OP confirmed for cunt, with a cunt fucking gf.
>>
>>67949647
Were you providing a perfect example on purpose or was it a happy accident?
>>
Y-you guys this never happened.
>>
I'll go to a matinee alone once in a while, but I don't think I'd go alone on a Fri or Sat night.
>>
File: 1433447595963.jpg (22 KB, 380x378) Image search: [Google]
1433447595963.jpg
22 KB, 380x378
>>67949250
Pretty much this
>>
>Stare at a screen for two hours with no social interaction
Yeah, completely weird going to the cinema alone.
>>
I go alone when I want to, I have a theater two blocks from my house so it's my main activity whenever I'm bored and the staff greets me.
What's wrong with that? Are people really this insecure that they make fun of a person just because he is by himself and they're with friends? That says more about your inability to enjoy things by yourself OP.
>>
>>67950137
Only people who take chan-like behavior and trolling way too seriously and apply it to how people actually think and perceive you in real life, but if so, that must be the least of their concerns.
>>
>>67949250
But being alone IS suspicious you fucking retard

These days with a multitude of dating sites at at your fingertips ANYONE could find a suitable girlfriend. ANYONE. There's absolutely NO excuse for someone to be alone today UNLESS you're a disturbed sociopath who shouldn't be out in public in the first place.
>>
I catch most movies by myself when I have a day off and something is playing that I want to see because I see matinee showings for 5 bucks and fuck paying 10 bucks for a movie

I'm completely normal and have plenty of friends. Even used my weed vapor pen in the theater once and this dude around my age came and said he smelled it and I better share so we smoked and became friends.
>>
went alone once to the pokemon jirachi movie; awk as fuk since I was the only person in the entire screening lmao and the workers kept coming in to adjust the curtain; they had to screen it cause of 1 guy:me
>>
>not going to the theater with good ol' gramps who will innocently ask afterwards how they pulled off those special effects
>>
>>67948909
its a meme silly
>>
I go to the movies by myself to convince my mother that I have friends. I've been going for about 2 years and I've never had a problem because I'm in and out of the theater as fast as possible and I put my jacket on an adjacent seat to make it look like I'm waiting for someone. I also wear a hat.
>>
>>67949503
looks like you need to be reconditioned.
Faggot. Nigger. Cocksucker. bet your parents resent you
>>
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2Mzg3MTgyMDkx.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2Mzg3MTgyMDkx.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>67950749
>>
File: image.gif (473 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
473 KB, 500x354
>>67948874

>britfags
>don't have the freedom to see a film alone with only my falcon accompanying me
>>
I go alone all the time, don't really care, it's comfy to go at hours when the theatre's empty. I'm not antisocial either.
>>
>>67948695
I went to my local hipster cinema a lot of times alone because they only show foreing, old or weird arthouse movies there and I don't have anyone who would want to watch those kind of movies with me, is actually normal to see other people alone in there.
But I never went to see some blockbuster like Star Wars or Transformers alone, that would be a little more strange, but it's not like I should care about other people business, some people are lonely and here's nothing wrong with that, they still have the right to go to the cinema.
>>
>>67948695
I go alone in the movies to rape Chads in the showers.
>>
File: image.jpg (924 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
924 KB, 3264x2448
I go to the movies alone all the time, in fact, I saw Zootopia alone
in IMAX. It's the best when you get the theater to yourself. Got
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Anomalisa, and Star Wars TFA to myself
recently.
>>
>>67951138
Why the FUCK would they let a lone male into a fucking children's movie??
>>
>>67949327
Maybe don't go for a first date but seeing an enjoyable movie and getting a bj or handjob before you go bang it out later in the night can be fun!
>>
>>67948695
>You have to go to the movies with someone.
>To sit in the dark and ignore each other
>This is known as "doing something".
>>
>>67951232
If I'm paying to see a movie, I'm going to watch the fucking movie. Distractions can stay at home.
>>
File: 1459964880113.png (197 KB, 394x529) Image search: [Google]
1459964880113.png
197 KB, 394x529
I had a girlfriend for 6 years. She was my movie buddy. We went to every movie together. We eventually broke up because we just got bored of each other, but now I go to movies by myself.

I have to say, it's actually a lot better. I go on my schedule. I can sit wherever I want. I can leave whenever I want. No one is constantly whispering in my ear "dude i saw that coming" bullshit. If I buy popcorn I don't have to share it. If I want, I can go see another movie right after because I'm not with someone that has to be up early in the morning.

I don't get why you guys are so autistic about it. Some of the worst movie experiences I've had are when I went with a group of people.

If I ever do get a girlfriend again, I think I'm actually going to go to movies without her.
>>
>>67951214
Because he's paying for his seat
You don't read like an older person.
>>
I've done it for all three Kung Fu Panda movies, Toy Story 3 and Force Awakens. I'd do it again too.
>>
>prefer watching movies first time alone
>feel like I can truly immerse myself in scenes and the atmosphere and appreciate the nuances in the film *tipsfedora*
>enjoy watching them later with others
>will usually find myself paying more attention to people than the movie
>seeing if they catch or miss the little things I appreciated
>never been to theater alone
>decide I'm le mature gentlemen and can watch a movie alone for my own pleasure
>Deadpool opening week
>decide to watch it alone first
>arrive at theater
>ThisIsIt.jpg
>it's awful empty
>purchase ticket
>purchase a refreshing drink from the qt3.14 at the concession stands
>she smiles at me
>shewantstofuck.flac
>walk into movie carrying my frosty drink
>no more than 30 people
>all looking at me
>EVERY. SINGLE. "GROUP". IS. A. COUPLE.
>from high school teens to ~60 y/o guy with wife, all sitting exclusively in guy/girl pairs
>begin making my way to center rows
>notice a guy there
>he's by himself and looking right at me
>PraiseAllah.png
>he keeps looking at me
>glasses, bad haircut, dorky looking
>think "figures he's alone, at least I'm not the worst case here now"
>end up sitting right behind him
>3 mins later qt3.14 girl walks in carrying food and makes her way to him
>"sorry i took so long"
>FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
>proceed to uncomfortably watch the movie

That experience was fucking awful. I still get the itch to watch movies in the theater alone. They'll have to be movies no one else wanted to watch and have been out for over a month. Maybe then I can be alone without feeling judged.
>>
>>67951800
It was a Valentines Movie. What did you expect?
>>
Going to the movies alone is like going to the store alone or going to dinner alone.
>>
>>67951800
>*tipsfedora*
>le mature gentlemen
>FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

wow mcfucking kill yourself

I really really hope this is pasta
>>
>>67951214
Why the FUCK wouldn't they accept someone's money?
>>
File: lazzis.png (600 KB, 561x517) Image search: [Google]
lazzis.png
600 KB, 561x517
>tfw those minutes between arriving to the theater and your friends arriving
i used to like going early and waiting but i realized how much of a loser i looked so now i try to arrive 10 minutes late.
>>
>>67951861
>oh shit I forgot to get some eggs at the story
>hey honey, want to come to the store to get some eggs with me?

Is this what it's like being a yank and needing to carpool everywhere to save on taxes?
>>
I write reviews for a magazine
>inb4 movie critic after Eberts died
By doing that i get literally free entrance to any movie for at least one time, every day of the week.
Ofcourse I cant force someone to join me when i dont pay, and to be quite honest i have SOME dignity in actually paying attention to whatever crap I review.
>>
>go watch movie alone at midnight showing
>few people in theatres all leave at same time
>parking lot completely empty
>walk as fast as i can to my car
>girl in front of me panics and starts walking even faster because she sees me out of the side of her eye
>>
>>67951937
because if it became known they let pedophiles in to ogle the children as long as they pay then they'd soon lose all other customers
>>
I was the only one in the theater for Raid 2, fantastic experience
>>
>>67952012
People don't go the theater to look at children, they go to some park with a sandbox or your house lmao
>>
>>67952101
why would they go to childrens movies alone if not to be surrounded by children?
>>
File: 1365336478786.jpg (45 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1365336478786.jpg
45 KB, 400x388
>live in a huge tourist area
>want to see a movie with no one else in it because i hate people making sounds
>wait like 3 weeks after the premier
>go on noon on a tuesday
>it's still like half full
>everytime
>end up getting approved for the cinema's precheck program so i can skip the x-ray on my way in, even though i'm single
>>
>>67952162
how bout you watch the movie on your monitor like a normal person?
>>
>>67951887
>not understanding irony
>mcfucking kill yourself

I genuinely hope you die a long painful death. If your stupidity wasn't irritating enough the fact the you're a reddit 14 y/o faggot who saw a "catchy" phrase 2 seconds ago and is now repeating it would be enough to motive a bat to your ugly greasy face.
>>
>>67948695
Memes aside, I went to the theatre alone once. My friends told me they coulndt make it until later, so I had my mom pick me and drive me back a few hours later, then they all cancelled on me and I couldn't face my parents again after that, turns out my brother was there with his friends and my parents found out. The worst part is I stayed friends with those faggots for the rest of highschool until right before college I never want to go back to that, desu. Never.
>>
>>67952134
To watch the movie?
>>
>>67948695
I go to movies alone because my father raised me as a film buff and even though I was born in the movies, I had the exclusive pleasure of watching original cuts of film for Lawrence of Arabia, The Great Escape and King Kong (to name a few) with my dad growing up and that's why I like watching movies.

when I was 15 my dad went crazy and became an alcoholic without remorse so I dropped him and refuse to stop liking movies both in cinematic and household environments simply because I like them and don't see why it's a problem to go see a movie alone.

you're there to experience something. if you're trying to tell me that seeing a movie in a theatre along isn't the same as watching something home alone on netflix then you're retarded.

Also my schedule and location prevents me from going out with friends or family to enjoy such films and quite frankly, I never get any constructive opinions that would sway me to consider bringing them again anyway.

I watch what I think is interesting. I personally wouldn't pay to see Zootopia but laughing/making fun of a poorly dressed kid in his 20's who probably didn't want to pay $5 for a small bag of fucking skittles makes you seem like a faggot of gigantic proportions and the fact that you caused him to look away from the goal of his day for even a second means you have no idea how to truly enjoy a film.

i hope your girlfriend has a miscarriage.
>>
>>67952429
yeah that's about as believable as a grown man hanging out at a busy playground because he wants to use the swings
>>
File: or did i.jpg (693 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
or did i.jpg
693 KB, 960x1440
>>67952476
>born in the movies

I meant nineties

or did i...?
>>
File: wizard pepe.jpg (25 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
wizard pepe.jpg
25 KB, 499x499
I have zero friends, so I'm always alone at the movies
>wear my glasses
>dress in suit
>bring a notepad
>pen in jacket pocket
>people will actually believe that i'm taking notes to review Alvin and the Chipmunks 4
stupid cunts have no idea that i'm actually a loser
>>
File: o1.png (849 KB, 897x2366) Image search: [Google]
o1.png
849 KB, 897x2366
>>67948695
>>
>>67948695
I go to movies alone sometimes. I travel for work a lot and often have to spend a week or two away from my family and friends. If there is something interesting out I will go see it because 1. my friends only want to see superhero movies and 2. you can only fap in your hotel room so much until you have to get out of there for a few hours.

Also, it is cool to see other theaters. I like the ones that have reclining chairs and extra leg room
>>
>>67948695

I could see this being "odd" during the evening. If it's really that big of a deal just go during the day.
>>
>>67952250
not that anon but how exactly were you being ironic?

that was a pretty shit greentext about a story that doesn't mean much considering you went to a superhero movie marketed (jokingly) as a couples movie on valentines day.

if you were alpha at all you wouldn't even have given the situation a second thought.

what's with people and assessing an audience before a movie? you getting mentally prepared for the post-cinema-shootout bonding trauma that you need to find the closest person to yourself that you can hugbox when everybody around you gets AK'd?

this is why we can't have nice things.
>>
File: o2.png (491 KB, 1068x2036) Image search: [Google]
o2.png
491 KB, 1068x2036
>>67952712
>>
>>67952481
There are swings for adults in some places, Central Park has a few
>>
>>67950259
I am not a psychopath or anything. I'm not even that austistic and I look /fit/.. I just dont have friends. I will never have a girlfriend. I cant tell you why or anything I just like doing things like going to the cinema by myself.

I'm definitely lonely, but whatever. I can endure being lonely, especially when there are people in Burkina Faso who are starving to death right now. I'm really not sad or depressed about it.
>>
>>67952802
Isn't Central Park a hangout for perverts and rapists?
>>
>>67952712
>>67952784
Kek
>>
>>67952846
Like all of NYC
>>
>>67950259
>These days with a multitude of dating sites at at your fingertips ANYONE could find a suitable girlfriend. ANYONE. There's absolutely NO excuse for someone to be alone today UNLESS you're a disturbed sociopath who shouldn't be out in public in the first place.

what the fuck did i just read.

in the immortal words of Mr. Garrison, "i never trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

and since i'm not a fucking faggot i don't fuck men.

it's benefits son. no friends, just benefits.

yer a fockin beta m8
>>
There was literally a neckbeard in a trenchcoat watching Hateful 8 alone when I went, it was in beautiful 70mm so maybe that's a half-valid reason
>>
I like going to the movies alone because I don't have to care whether or not my friends want to see the movie I want to go see or think it's funny or whatever, I can just go and enjoy it
>>
I go to movies alone all the time. Sometimes it's just a hassle trying to find a time that works for everyone and I don't really see how sitting in a dark room staring at a giant screen, is social.

Yes it gives you something to talk about afterward but you can do that online.

If I hang out with someone it's because I want to talk to them.
>>
>>67952912
maybe 30 years ago, NYC today is yuppie disneyland.

not that getting rid of perverts and rapists is a bad thing, but NYC has definitely lost its edge.
>>
>>67952930
You're lucky to be alive. Guy must've chickened out at the last moment.
>>
I go to the movies myself all the time. You normies are fucking bias retard faggots.
>>
I go baseball games alone all the time.
>>
>>67952972
Based Tarantino gave him enough violence to sate his bloodlust...for now.
>>
>>67948695
I do it all the time, and i'm pretty much as normie as it gets. I just like watching movies without a friend or family member there trying to talk or ask questions, but i'm also not a smelly autistic NEET so nobody ever gives me a second glance
>>
>>67952930
I was actually movie hopping that day. Hateful 8 was my 4th movie that day, after Creed, the Revenant, and Star Wars. Actually had to watch part of Star Wars twice while waiting for the h8ful 8
>>
>go to movies alone all the time
>get good picks of seats and dont have to worry about getting 3-5 seats next to each other
>take off coat and wear it like a blanket
>no need to share snacks
>if its a near empty theater feels like I have the theater to myself
>comfy as fuck
>>
I go to the movies all the time alone, life is a lot more fun when you don't give a fuck.
>>
>>67948695
surely he had his falcon with him
>>
>>67952134
Because the theater is fucking dark?

Even if you sit all the way in the back all you see are the back of seats.

You normies are truly retarded
>>
File: rapist.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
rapist.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>67951959

>caring this much about what random strangers think of you

lol what a loser
>>
File: 1433416495253.jpg (6 KB, 125x213) Image search: [Google]
1433416495253.jpg
6 KB, 125x213
>>67953274
>take off coat and wear it like a blanket
>bought one of those long european coats just for this
>keep the length pinned up until I sit down so it's not obviously fedora
>>
>>67948695
I go alone, but that's because i moved across the country and know literally one person. I actually like going alone more.
>>
File: 1352198945744.png (3 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1352198945744.png
3 KB, 300x300
>mfw my aunt is the theater manager so I can bypass the no-singles policy and watch all the movies I want alone
Feels good.
>>
>>67948969
>>67949048
>>67949271
His wife probably died and/or he never had kids. This is the life I'll have if my wife dies before me. He was probably drunk too, which I am every time I go to a movie by myself. I don't really have any friends despite being a married normie with a good job etc. I just hate people and prefer being by myself.
>>
>>67948695
Why would you need company for the least interactive activity? I go to theatres alone all the time.
>>
>>67951308
>ice breaker before the movies start, small talk while buying tickets/snacks etc, get to know them a bit
>watch a movie which you both enjoy
>provides a talking point for afterwards

literally the best date. something about coming out of a movie relaxes people in a way minigolf (the second best date) just can't compare with.
>>
>>67954485
reeeeee and call me a normie because I'm married, but I don't ever want to date again. if my wife dies or leaves me I'll just be alone.
>>
There was this one girl that was actually pretty cute that was by herself for Cloverfield Lane.

It was like seeing a unicorn.
>>
>>67954742

It was a tranny
>>
>>67954742
see
>>67954823

prolly got dumped during the previews kek
>>
Because they want to go alone I imagine
>>
>>67948695
I went to Star wars on my second viewing alone as well as Deadpool the second time I also live down the street from the movies so it isn't that big of a deal, but Zootopia is a weird movie to see with a girlfriend or seeing it alone... isn't it for kids?
>>
>>67948695
>thought it was a /tv/ meme

What you've never really wanted to see a movie and all your friends were busy?

I live next to theater so on cheap tuesdays ill go alone if I want to see something

Probably seen like 4 alone

Tomorrow is the last day I can find the Witch in theaters so I'm gonna mission alone. Don't really give a fuck pham
>>
>>67948695
Are you singlephobic? Where in the Bible says that bachelorhood is a sin?

>>67948826
>I go with friends or family after that. I'm not a fucking psychopath.

Dexter Morgan was a psychopaths and he had family and Friends. Suck dick you kuck.
>>
I like to go alone sometimes, and im not that weird. i mainly like to go alone though because its nice to go without having to go through all the trouble of making plans with people to go. Its even better when the theater is empty cause then i have the theater all to myself, but i dont mind when theres people in the theater either.
>>
>>67948695
I went to the movies alone a several times because, well, friends didn't want to see em.

Not that much of a problem, its just you people tend to judge others at the movies. Just watch the damn show. The most autistic one in the room is probably you.
>>
>>67955591
though with that said i do kinda find people going to kids films alone kinda weird
>>
>>67952481
You should really stop posting because the FBI has probably noted you down as a potential pedo.
>>
>>67952784
h-hah
>>
File: 1459713330194.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1459713330194.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
>>67948695
>Ask friends if they want to go to the movies to watch something
>"why would you want to watch that anon? that looks boring."
>we watch The Last Witchhunter instead

I swear it happens 9/10 times, I suggest a film and nobody wants to see it with me.
>>
I prefer to go alone. I don't see going to the movies as a particularly social activity. It's the last thing I do if I actually want to hang out with someone.
>>
>>67956723
>The Last Witchhunter
Solid flick
>>
>>67948695

What kind of weirdo worries and obsesses about other people watching the movie and if they came in with somebody?

I used to go to the movies alone a lot.

Skinny goth chick, in my early twenties. Maybe people thought I was a weirdo. I worked long hours and was too shy to have much of a social life. I loved movies and weird indie stuff I knew friends and family wouldn't want to see anyway.

So I'd go by myself. It was pretty cool. I saw a lot of good films.

Nowadays I am married, so I feel guilty if I go see something without my husband. It seriously cut down on my movie watching.

But if I didn't feel bad about leaving him at home I would totally go to film festivals by myself.
>>
I am alone in theater at this very moment.
>>
>>67957016
what movie?
>>
I prefer to go alone.

Why do you need somebody holding your hand just to watch a film?

Last film I saw was Zootropolis on my own.
>>
>>67949529
>no singles policy
Is this a meme? I've never heard of a theater having a no singles policy except for on /tv/. I go to the movies by myself like once a month and never have any problems.
>>
I go alone because I want a totally pure viewing experience. I go on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, usually around noon. Hopefully there is no one else in the theater, or very few people. If anyone is talking, looking at their phone, or being loud in any way, I will tell them sternly to shut the fuck up. No one is talking back, as I am 6'6" and about 280 lbs.

Every friend I have talk will talk to much and ruin it. My mom will ask questions, not just waiting for the movie to play out. Girls are fucking stupid and will be like, "this movie sucks" or something similar.

Since there are only about 3 decent movies per year, and I hate capeshit, I will only do this about 2 or 3 times per year.

I have a full setup of calibrated TV, calibrated DTS surround and blu-ray in my house, so waiting for the blu-ray is also good.

Fuck you, OP.
>>
>>67948695

I do. Feels good man.
>>
I don't but that guy looks totally normal if not dudebro material and is clearly enjoying the fact that he's the only person there.
>>
>>67948695
I do everything alone.
>>
>>67957753
Surely not everything?

Who do you lie next to at night? Who reassures you that not everything is hopeless and makes you feel better? Who offers up little, yet incredibly moving gestures like making the bed or cleaning up after dinner? Who do you confide in? Who tolerates your annoying habits lovingly? Who enjoys your company and will move closer to you? Who tells you your jokes are bad and laughs with you anyway?

You can't do all that alone anon. You'd have to be a barely functioning alcoholic ignoring their massive depression to make it through life without any of that.
>>
>>67948695
I saw Zoootopia solo. I was high as a kite.
>>
I usually go to movies alone because all my friends are plebs who want to see the latest capeshit instead of real cinema. That being said, the last movie I saw in theaters was the first hobbit movie....
>>
>>67957931
Not him but I do everything except the gym alone. It becomes easy when you realize everyone will eventually disappoint or hurt you.
>>
I go to the movies alone all the time

are there really weirdos like OP out there who are going to fully analyze my shit and pay THAT much attention to it?

fuck you OP
>>
File: 1_1382677517.jpg (17 KB, 441x142) Image search: [Google]
1_1382677517.jpg
17 KB, 441x142
>I have no one to go with
>pretend I prefer to go alone
>don't know if I"m going to make it bros
>>
File: 1390339817154.jpg (57 KB, 960x634) Image search: [Google]
1390339817154.jpg
57 KB, 960x634
I went to disneyland alone
>>
File: 1449144921737.jpg (53 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1449144921737.jpg
53 KB, 259x194
>cinema hired a singles inspector to check people before a movie starts
>hired a hooker to pretend to be my gf
>she leaves before the inspector gets here
>says i only paid enough to get through the door
>get caught
>he drags me out as everyone laughs
>had to call my mom's bf to pick me up
>just want to go home to and eat some tendies while spending time with /tv/
>we're out of tendies
>break down crying from all the dissapointment today
>can hear my mom's bf laughing at me from the living room

I wish I had friends.
>>
>>67957665
It's a yank thing. Too many rapes in the showers so now they keep the singles out.
>>
>>67958125
I went once with my family and hated it so much, I'm not even trying to be edgy or contrarian, that place is awful.
>>
>>67950259
Believe it or not but some people don't want a gf at the moment.

What is wrong with being alone?
>>
>>67948695
It must be truly depressing to know that you are that insecure that you cannot do a thing by yourself. You put on this facade simply to go see a movie, I can't imagine what else you put on a facade for. I couldn't get my ex to go to see good movies in theaters, so I went alone then. I'm still going to see them alone now, because if going to see a movie was that contrived where I HAD to find someone to go with, I wouldn't go at all.
>>
>>67958319
Nothing. People who can't be comfortable being alone are weak.
>>
I went to the movies, this past Sunday alone.
I went to see "Spirits Homecoming" which is a Korean movie.
None of my friends would want to see it, I mean it is a subtitled Korean movie about comfort women, so I went alone.

The audience was all Koreans living in America.
>>
>>67958125
are you me?

>noticed there were porn channels on the TV in the disney hotel
>didn't want to be the only guy, ever, to call the front desk and unlock them
This was early 2000s. No laptop/phone at this point.
>>
>>67948695

>Do people actually go to the movies alone? I always thought this a /tv/ meme but I was going to see Batman vs Superman with my girlfriend today and there was actually someone who went alone to see it.
>It was the weirdest thing, he was in his 20's, dressed very poorly and obviously had snuck in beer because he rattled everytime he walked. We were a bit scared that he was going to shoot up the place half way through. He also kept shitposting on 4Chan. Maybe he knew that we were talking/laughing about him.
>What kind of fucking weirdo would go to the movies alone?

Literally my whole day. I don't have any friends, who am I supposed to go to the movies with?
>>
I went to Star Wars by myself on the day it came out because I didn't want to wait and see if my friends were gonna go or not.
Holy crap it was comfy. No waiting for people to show up, no bullshit, just walk in, buy the ticket, buy food, sit your ass down, and enjoy the movie. Even won the movie theater lottery and got a nearly empty room with nobody sitting in front of me.

I'm probably gonna do the same thing with Warcraft, since I'm the only person I know who isn't in denial about it being shit.
>>
>>67948695

You're sitting in a cushioned seat, always facing forward, staring at a big reflective canvas with flashy colors streamed on it, and discouraged from talking

There's a reason why a movie is considered the worst kind of date
>>
>>67948695

It was me......... It was me!
>>
I don't go to the movies because I'm 6'8 so I have to sit in the very back row in order to not obstruct people's views. Lately my theatre was bought out by a better theatre though, and they let me sit in the seats usually reserved for handicapped, so I get a decent seat without being in people's way. As for being noticed or being considered a loser, I get gawked at all day every day of my life so that doesn't even phase me
>>
>>67948695
Uh, do you live in Maine? cause I'm pretty sure you're talking about me, considering I went to go see zootopia alone early on Wednesday and the only other two people in the theater were a guy and his girlfriend

for the record, I looked behind me because its rude to talk in theaters, and I wasn't carrying candy
>>
>>67960565
Maybe it was your ammunition.
>>
>>67961212
yeah that's possible, except I don't own or carry a gun
>>
>>67960244
But then people think you're handicapped XD
>>
This is what homekinos were invented for
>>
>>67948695
I know this is bait but c'mon, this is 4chan, on a film board. I myself have seen a fellow channer alone when I went to see that enigma code movie - not even joking he had a fedora on. Fedora guy, me and my friend and a few senior citizen couples were the only people watching the film around midday on a workday.

It was an enjoyable experience without normies there shitting it up.
>>
>>67948695
"He also looked nervous and kept on glancing behind him. Maybe he knew that we were talking/laughing about him."

>go to theater to watch movie
>talk and laugh at other people at theater.
>call them weirdos and losers.

You sound like a pretty cool dude, OP.
>>
File: 1447800191099.jpg (367 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447800191099.jpg
367 KB, 1600x1200
>>67963557
Why would a gentleman wear a fedora but not take it off indoors?
>>
>>67951308
Fuck this bothers me so much.
I don't how many times I've gotten together with friends, just to passively watch some boring crapfest and then they leave afterward.
Like I could've done that by myself. Let's actually go somewhere and DO SOMETHING.
>>
File: 1400983901493.png (33 KB, 969x308) Image search: [Google]
1400983901493.png
33 KB, 969x308
>>67951308
>not enjoying holding her throughout the movie
>not enjoying her getting scared at stupid things
>not enjoying her genuinally laughing at things in a way you will never be able to
>>
File: 1441989232087.jpg (2 MB, 2504x1877) Image search: [Google]
1441989232087.jpg
2 MB, 2504x1877
Going today alone to watch Cloverfield 10 since nobody wants to see it.

Anyway, I don't really get hoe cinemas are a "social" activity. You literally just sit and watch a movie...
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.