[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was it about breaking bad that made it stand out from other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 145874020658789.png (148 KB, 568x435) Image search: [Google]
145874020658789.png
148 KB, 568x435
What was it about breaking bad that made it stand out from other shows?
>>
It stood out exactly because it didn't, people just love good old fashioned family crime drama.
>>
Marie's shoplifting arc was outstanding
>>
>>67943995
The concept of a high school teacher turning into a drug kingpin
>>
Edgy
>>
>>67943995
Actually well written characters.

Same thing that drives Better Call Saul now.
>>
Main character was a morally irredeemable scumpster that people rooted for because all the other characters besides him and a couple others sucked ass.
>>
>>67943995
one of his kind, with funny characters like jessy
>>
>>67944895
and that fucking Hal was playing the part.
>>
>>67943995
all the characters were unlikable
>>
>>67945050
The proof is in the pudding. People argued that Walt was a good but misunderstood guy all along. Nigger made thousands and thousands of pounds of meth.

It wasn't that people were rooting for the bad guy, people would argue the bad guy is actually good.

This is what happens when all the other characters are unlikable fags.
>>
>>67944945
>Jesse
>WAHHHHH SOMETHING SAD HAPPENED IN MY LIFE SO NOW ILL GET SUPER DEPRESSED AND DO SOMETHING INSANELY RETARDED AND ALMOST GET FOUND OUT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO COME AND SAVE ME

>Walt
>OH SHIT SOMEONE IS GOING TO FIND ME OUT FUCK BETTER PANIC FOR THE NEXT 15 MINUTES AND THEN DO SOMETHING EXTREMELY BRASH ONLY FOR EVERYTHING TO MAGICALLY TURN OUT OKAY AT THE LAST SECOND SO I WONT ACTUALLY DO THIS EXTREME THING

>Skylar
>MY HUSBAND IS A PSYCHO BETTER FUCK EVERYTHING UP FOR HIM BECAUSE IF HE GETS CAUGHT ILL TOTALLY GET OFF SCOT FREE

>Jr
>DUDE IM A RETARD LMAOOO

>pollo locos nigga
>actually a pretty cool villain, I kinda liked him

>Mike
>also great villain turned not so much villain turned into villain again. Also he dindu nuffins

>everyone else
>prime examples of why we need to BUILD WALL
>>
>>67945250
Find me a show with better characters in the last ~10 years.

Even if you can find some examples, BB will still be up there.
>>
>>67945378
What rules are we using? The pilot aired in 2008, so if you're pitting it up against all the shit that aired from 1998 onward, its going to assfucked to oblivion.
>>
>>67945450
Not to mention, "better characters" is such a low barrier that cartoons could apply.
>>
>>67945450
>Last 10 years
That's apparently hard to understand.

Honestly it might just be me, but when I think about what made Breaking Bad really stand out as a show, it was the charactrs. And I've watched a fuckton of shows.

Skyler and Junior were pretty awful but other than that they were great.
>>
A dimension travelling armor-wearing Stannis would've been a better main character playing the gray moral role. Beheads Walter in the first 5 minutes, and then proceeds to take his role for the rest of the show.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.