[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other good movies about the Troubles in Northern Ireland? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 50dmw.jpg (232 KB, 1800x1015) Image search: [Google]
50dmw.jpg
232 KB, 1800x1015
Other good movies about the Troubles in Northern Ireland? I've heard '71 is pretty good, any of you guys have suggestions?

Something entirely from the POV of the IRA would be cool, but I'm down for anything.
>>
HUNGER M8
>>
An old 3-episode miniseries called Harry's Game was pretty good desu
>>
>>67943991

http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/news-bfi/lists/10-great-films-about-troubles
>>
File: maeve-1981.jpg (64 KB, 1000x755) Image search: [Google]
maeve-1981.jpg
64 KB, 1000x755
>>67944510
Classic?
>>
>>67943991
'71 is pretty good
>>
>>67944617
>Classic?

http://www.bfi.org.uk

yes, they know more than you

learn it
live it
>>
>>67943991
Theres the movie named 'Bloody Sunday' that is about British soldiers gunning down protesters trying to get treated equally by the NI government
>>
>>67943991
Resurrection Man, loosely based on the true story of the Shankill Butchers, a loyalist gang.
>>
>>67944734
Not OP but thanks added it to my watch list.
>>
>>67943991
why are they called the troubles?
they literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>67944811
Fuck off you hun
>>
>>67944811
Yeah they did.

>Nationalists and catholic treated like shit all over NI
>People decide to defend them against British Protestant oppression
>Brits crack down on Nationalists
>This causes a wave of radicalization in the "IRA" and people start targeting civilians instead of just the RUC or people who actively oppressed Irish people
>Brit soldiers drafted in
>IRA kicks off into full """""""war""""" mode
>Few years of high tensions, violence, kidnappings, assassinations and general skullduggery from both sides
>Protestant Unionists set up paramilitaries because...well they didn't really have a reason but yobs from that side of the divide wanted a go too
>British higher-ups end up infiltrating and controlling parts of the IRA
>Oftentimes people are approached and asked to join up and spill intel
>Many a knee was done in
>Eventually people decide that killing random fags isn't right and it all calms down
>DUP come into popularity and fuck the country up for decades

AND THE REST IS HISTORY
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.