[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be adults here for a second and talk about Twilight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: twilight.jpg (103 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
twilight.jpg
103 KB, 618x412
Let's be adults here for a second and talk about Twilight
I can't be the only one who thought that most aspects of this series were good, right?
Some acting issues and writing blunders but the visuals and music, and character development was all pretty great.

I have the most elitist bullshit taste in movies but I swear I think disliking Twilight is a really dank meme.
>>
I liked the 2nd one

the third was goofy though

the first took to long introducing the characters and setting
>>
>>67942691
Someone post that pic of the baby
>>
File: women.jpg (133 KB, 1348x498) Image search: [Google]
women.jpg
133 KB, 1348x498
Who's this remind you of bros?
>>
File: no.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>67942691
>>
>>67942782
good argument dude
>>
File: ineedmorebeerforthis.jpg (23 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
ineedmorebeerforthis.jpg
23 KB, 450x299
Team Mustache Dad
>>
>>67942691
Only watched the first movie, and managed to read until the third book, but the vampire lore was somewhat interesting. Sadly it's not explored, and there's a lot of bad writing and shitty romance. That being sad, Twilight is pretty bad but there are worse shit out there, I'm looking at you Divergent.
>>
First Twilight movie is my guilty pleasure. I love it.
>>
>>67942918
Yea Divergent is a terrible movie. Don't even understand how teens would like it.

Maze runner was the best teen dystopian film IMO
>>
File: 1459276836286.png (793 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1459276836286.png
793 KB, 500x700
I thought Kstew was really good
>>
>>67942840
You mean Team Mustache Dad with a Beer
In almost every fucking scene he's in, he's a drinking a beer
>>
File: KDyke.jpg (235 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
KDyke.jpg
235 KB, 620x413
>>67943008
>>
Read all the books cuz I was 15 and horny at the time (before the movies came out). Just bad, simple writing that exploits the hormonal teens necessity for 'love', with some action thrown in. The movies weren't much better but because of the hot leads and cutesy story, people went to see it. 2nd movie sucked because the 2nd book sucked. Not a bad attempt at the novels honestly, just bad writing.
>>
>>67943396
Are you female? Or just incredibly gay? This movie was cancer to any male unless they were forced to watch it with their gf.
>>
>>67942691
how does he not go for her feet every single time they are together?
>>
>>67943613
Better question is why the fuck is he not raping her?
>>
>>67943613
Too many bones in the feet makes drinking from them difficult.
>>
>>67942691
JACOB U R COLD
>>
>>67943685
Just penetrate the bones with his massive raging hardon vampire cock, that should hand him access.
>>
>>67943739
That's a very weird mental image.
>>
File: 1458264264966.jpg (68 KB, 640x804) Image search: [Google]
1458264264966.jpg
68 KB, 640x804
>>67943759
You have any better idea? He doesn't have anything sharp with himself, better make the best scenario out of what he has.
>>
>>67943853
The thought of someone frantically fucking a foot so they can get access to a vein is just weird.

Like dude, there are much easier points of access.
>>
File: 1459632796378.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1459632796378.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>67943891
It was directed by Tarantino.
>>
The baseball scene with the Muse song from Twilight one is pure kino.
>>
>>67943008
Something about her dead little eyes and daddy issues just preemptively stimulates my prostate.
>>
>>67942691
Do you actually want to talk about this?

The visuals are extremely homogeneous, and look like if the cover of some YA novel were made into a film.

I'll admit the soundtrack is pretty good, as far as movie soundtracks go, but if the music isn't accompanied by meaningful plot developments, what's even the point?

I'm not sure how you could suggest that the character development was "pretty great". Could you elaborate on this? Let's just quickly examine the central characters. Jacob, for example, is used as little more than a plot device for the entire series, until that whole thing is conveniently defused for the denouement when he falls in love with Renesmee (wtf, by the way). He's good-tempered, but gets pissed off when he feels jealous. What more is there to him than that?

Edward is just a normal "dark hero" type, self-hating and intense, and overprotective. This never changes over the course of the series.

Bella has no character beyond some girl who is actually super special (how? we never really learn, because she's an obvious audience surrogate), even though she doesn't know it, and her sole trait is lack of self-confidence. I don't think Kristen Stewart is a bad actress, but it's not like she had much to work with.

Lastly, what you call "some acting issues and writing blunders" actually have a lot of bearing on the quality of the movies. The writing is unbearably stiff and unnatural, and the acting is so awful that none of the film's relationships appear anything near genuine, besides Edward and Bella's, which is only compelling because they're both super hot, and they were in an actual relationship.

So how is disliking this series a meme?
>>
>>67943580
doing stuff because your gf dragged you into it is the gayest beta shit I've ever heard
and I'm a gay guy lmao
>>
>>67944557
i disagree with about 2/5ths of what you said but i'm too high to elaborate so let's just shake on it and admit it's kind of a meme
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.