[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On a morality scale (1 being as good as a human can be, 5 is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Breaking Bad.jpg (190 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Breaking Bad.jpg
190 KB, 640x480
On a morality scale (1 being as good as a human can be, 5 is neutral, and 10 is Evil Incarnate), how bad of a person was Walter White?
>>
He was understanding and patient as fuck when it came to the two insufferable mega-cunts of this series:
his wife and jesse
>>
About 7 i guess.
>>
>>67942138

Depends on what moral code you follow.
>>
Give him a 7.8
>>
>>67942138
A 7
>>
>>67942228
Let's say Genocide is a 10, and child rape/molestation and murder are around 8 and 9.
>>
>>67942311

According to my personal moral code, there is no good or evil, and all actions are morally neutral.
>>
>>67942228
I don't think Walter White can be considered a good person on any morality scale desu
>>
morality doesn't real
>>
>>67942138
Selling drugs and killing people is pretty bad. Judges would give such a person 0 years of life for that.
>>
he didnt kill without reason so he isnt crazy evil. Snitching Jesse in Ozymandias (which is basically killing his former partner in crime) was bretty evil tho. in that moment id give him 9/10. Otherwise 6/10. He ruined some lives but that was not on purpose, its just something that happened because of his actions. Also many killed by him were evil too.
>>
it varies you fucking retard
>>
>>67943333
>>
> being as good as a human can be

well humans aren't capable of being genuinely good, so i guess that.
>>
seasons 1-2 he was 3\10
3 he was 5\10
4 he was 7\10
5 he was 8.5\10
>>
File: 1459615926916.jpg (399 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
1459615926916.jpg
399 KB, 838x911
probably a 7 at his peak heisenberg time.
>>
>>67942395
Different Anon, but what if your morality is based off of the idea that since you can literally not proceed existing, without damning billions of lives to damnation (cells and bacteria are alive, even if they're non sentient), because the world likes it that way? That the universe itself, the nature of life if built on taking what you can for your own purposes, and surviving, and damned be everything else, because existence is a bloody gauntlet.
What if by the morality code, the greatest evil you can commit, is deny the nature of life, and just roll over and accept your fate, instead of fighting tooth and nail no matter the cost?

I mean sure, you could say that this morality code itself is evil, but it's only evil because it is by a completely different code, which is itself irrelevant.
>>
10/10 when he puts on the hat
>>
>>67942576
Yeah, people would say Jessie, but forget that he impulsively fucked up for the both several times and intended on fucking Walt up just because he mildy poisoned a kid. None of the things that supposedly ruined his life were due to Walt. He only met Jane, Brock and the like because of Walt and his buisness in the first place. His life before was literally nothing, but this made him a responsible man.

Mike was a real dick to Walt all the time. He blamed Walt for fucking the buisness with Gus even though he was about to murder his entire family. Randomly shooting him was stupid of course, but to be fair it didn't seem like he enjoyed it.

Gus could have gone and fucked himself

Gale was unfortunate, but it was either him or them. Literally anyone in Wal's position would have made the same decision unless they were close with the guy

Jimmy was in deep shit from the start

It went bad with his family because he didn't know how bad his situation would become. Plus, the only reason he snapped was because of Skylars bitching. If she hadn't cut him with a knife for not getting himself fucked by Hank, they would have been fine

Hank wasn't his fault

Jane was a good thing and he saved Jessie by leaving her. That's why he cried, cause it was a real dilemma. He just made it seem evil in Ozymandias because he was angry at Jessie
>>
>>67942138

Honestly 5 verging on 6. Not to sound fedora edgelord but I honestly *really* understood what motivated him. That feeling like you made wrong decisions in your life, thinking you were doing the "right" thing, the responsible thing.

To find yourself living out a pointless middle class existence. Not suffering but not succeeding either, just existing without merit. When at one point you had much greater opportunities. And even though he saddled himself with Skyler and his family voluntarily he felt deep down it had all been a mistake, the true version of him should have stayed at Grey Matter and been someone, not some anonymous family man schmuck.

Then here is, he's done the "right" thing, but he's still fucked, he's responsible for these people, and the only way out is to not be the good law abiding citizen. And then he finds out that by being "evil" he has more freedom and more sense of accomplishment than he ever could as some high school teacher. That it makes him important.

And let's be honest here, as much as we like to argue morality, deep down we find "good, nice, boring, middle class citizen that doesn't rock the boat" repulsive. That it's better to be a successful remembered monster than some anonymous goody two shoes, and while he was Heisenberg he was alive like he couldn't be otherwise.

So he may be immoral but ultimately also a power fantasy
>>
File: edgey.png (179 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
edgey.png
179 KB, 373x327
>>67942379
wow thats so cool. I also find no problem with murdering children, doesn't that make me badass?
>>
>it will never be that kid poisoning episode airing day when /tv/ collectively loses its shit

man why even live

BrBa days were this boards heyday
>>
>>67944727
The Holocaust was extremely exaggerated.
>>
Season 1: 3
Season 2: 5
Season 3: 6
Season 4: 8
Season 5a: 9
Season 5b: 8
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.