[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: 1459968917262.webm (3 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
1459968917262.webm
3 MB, 1280x532
What went so right
>>
best cruise movie in a while, greatly enjoyed it
emily blunt was strong qt too
>>
>>67941141
It's a general rule that a tom cruise movie is gonna be good.

but this one was the exception, it was better than good, and i still can't figure out why.
>>
>>67941269
the premise was neat as fuck, they picked strong actors for the lead roles, the writing was pretty decent, and the visuals were great
>>
>>67941269
the pacing/editing, it was damn near perfect
>>
>>67941327
>premise
muh nippon cartoons
>>
strong qts make my dick hard and therefore i really enjoyed it
though i couldn't see her much because of the robot stuff and she started to lose it in that house
>>
Literally everything.
>>
>>67941072
Literally Video Games: The Movie

This generation were always gonna love it.

>crap marketing was a missed opportunity
>>
>>67941452
is that an anime trope, cuz i don't watch anime so maybe i'm mistaken in it's originality
>>
>>67941072
>tfw when this bombed horribly
>>
>>67941555
its just an american movie adaptation of a japanese comic
>>
>>67941072
nothing. the best exemple of flick actually, a forced mary sue drama sci-fi themed, and cruise is a walking meme.
and this >>67941461

what ever they tried to do, it didn't work.
>>
>>67941382
NO! jesus i can't understand how everybody here loved that go back/repeat bullshit, it was extremely painful to watch, annoying.
What's the point even of stalling half of the movie? make a short already
>>
>>67941643
The Japs have an amazing ability to create a generally great concept and story but completely botch the execution with their inane dialogue and narcissistic focus their romanticized view of their culture.

Granted, nearly everyone does this to a degree, but the Japanese are by and large the worst offenders.
>>
>>67941269
Because the movie was constructed in a way that got you to buy into its fantastical premise. It successfully got the audience to suspend their disbelief.
>>
>>67941927
i'm not sure if this post is bait, meta-core, tongue in cheek or post-ironic
>>
>>67942071
>to create a generally great concept and story
Meh.
>>
>>67942128
this post convinced me to kill myself thanks
>>
>>67941072
it's good that it's shit, makes starship troopers more special.
>>
>>67942186
good
>>
File: tWcZe1qjb4aeo.png (201 KB, 496x594) Image search: [Google]
tWcZe1qjb4aeo.png
201 KB, 496x594
>>67942203
>>
>>67941452
It's a novel actually.
>>
>>67941757
How is Blunt's character a Mary Sue? She literally had to relive the same day over and over, probably tens of thousands of times to become the badass she was shown to be in the film.
>>
>>67942071
>narcissistic focus their romanticized view of their culture
???
Everybody has culture. You know.
>>
>>67942354
cruise's
>>
>>67941757
this post is classic nu/tv/
>>
>>67942405
It's the same with Cruise, he was kind of a loser at the beginning but then got better and better. I still don't see it.
>>
literally git gud the movie
>>
>>67941072
That would be really fun to do I think.

I mean think about it, every time you die you just get to do the same day again except differently.

I would have probably spent way too long trying to fuck ms. blunt though.
>>
>>67942442
>i'm cursed becouse i menaged to kill an alien only 1 other person killed
>guess i'll have to save the world now
give me a break, that's avengers tier character building
>>
>>67941072
I watched this movie some time ago and thought it was good, but not as great as everyone makes it out to be.

Though again I watched it on a stream with my gf.

Should I watch it again? Maybe I didn't get it.
>>
>>67942554
Yah... you're right. The movie would have been so much better without any sort of actual story.
>>
>>67941072
The time travel aspect was handled well and made for some interesting montages/set pieces. Cruise is a natural entertainer and Blunt is serviceable. The aliens looked stupid, though, and their erratic designs only served to confuse action scenes. If they had stuck to the ending of the book (they figure out they can't get out of the time loop while they both coexist in it so she attacks him, forcing him to kill her), it would have been more dramatically satisfying than "muh final boss alien/forced happy ending."
>>
>>67941452
>>67941555
>>67941643
>>67942071
>>67942132

Are you all joking, hollywood butchered the manga from the neck down.

If i remember right the manga didn't even have time travel.

it was literally just muh exo-landm8 and aliums, i don't even understand why hollywood picked it, such generic tropes are are public property.
>>
>>67942554
he should have started piano and french lessons tbqh
>>
File: 1459040937879.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459040937879.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>67942460
webm file named/thread

ty man
>>
>>67942855
>>>/a/
>>
The book is breddy good as well, highly recommended.
>>
>>67942855
pretty sure that it did have time travel
>>
>>67941072
Not those retarded looking robot suits.

I specifically didn't see it at the cinema because those looked like such shit and I imagined it to be just another dumb loud movie for retards, you know like a transformer or a pacific rim, dumb movies for dumb people with robots.

It wasn't until it was out on video that I actually watched it, expecting it to be trash, and realized it was actually pretty good so long as you ignore the those retarded things.
>>
>>67942855

>muh fillipino childrens comics

Both the manga and the movie ware adapted from the book.
>>
>>67942855
It was a novel called All You Need Is Kill before it was anything else. And yes it had time travel. The alien crafts had a device that allowed long distance travel by distorting time. They could use it in battle by, at the moment of death, broadcasting the event to their past selves so they could avoid it entirely. The aliens didn't even turn out to be sentient creatures. They were basically just terraforming devices sent by some other race that, as it turned out, didn't even know Earth was inhabited by intelligent life forms when they sent these things here.

The novel was pretty bad, by the way. Shit prose. Just pulp trash really. But the idea was ripe for a movie treatment.
>>
>>67943072
they are exoskeletons and are the future mate, darpa doesn't fool around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8600QtaoQGs
>>
File: youre-fucking-retarded.jpg (45 KB, 554x369) Image search: [Google]
youre-fucking-retarded.jpg
45 KB, 554x369
>>67943072
what are you even talking about you fucking cunt nugget, it doesn't look anything like the shit in transformers.
Did your drunk foster mother poor oxygenated water on your eyes as a child or something? If i were in your situation i'd ditch films and tv all together and stick with audio shit.
>>
>>67942128

It's all of them, and two meta- levels added to each word that could benefit from it too. With footnotes and endnotes on each.

It's free pizza.

For you.
>>
>>67943412
what use will these actually have?
I've seen them for helping soldiers lift a fuckton but they don't really seem to have a lot of applicable use for their cost.
>>
>>67943560
>>67943412
Why are the robot plebs always so autistic?

It looks like shit, most people think it looks like shit, the movie flopped hard because those things looked like shit. Getting mad isn't going to change that.

The movie is good despite the fact that it's packed in this box-office cancer like those suits.

I'm going to tell your right now, if that ditched the stupid robot suits and just made it about regular soldiers with guns it wouldn't have bombed as badly as it did.
>>
>>67941072
It was fun
>>
>>67943625
They're for non-combat use, they're primarily for lifting heavy weapon systems and ammunition not for actual combat. It's usually a 3 man job offloading a minigun but with that suit one man can do it.

They offer little to no protection, make you a huge target, make it impossible to get into position and work with a unit and you're tethered to a external power source, so it has no purpose in combat.
>>
>>67941555
The reset-timetravel is a pretty popular trope. Hell, I'm fairly sure there's anime running in this very season with this plot.
>>
The fact that they made it a comedy and made tom's character a loser is what made it great
>>
>>67943763
ERASED.

11 22 63 also kind of did it
>>
File: 1459707996605.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459707996605.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>67943793
He's probably talking about Re:Zero.
>>
>>67942811
The aliens did look kinda stupid, but on the other hand if we had given one more time some generic humanoid ogre like alien it would kill the movie.
The fact that the alien visage was pretty original made the movie so entertaining.
This is just my honest opinion relatives.
>>
>>67941757
mary sue must be the meme of 2016
>>
File: hannibal-600-1393526608.jpg (116 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hannibal-600-1393526608.jpg
116 KB, 600x400
>>67943641
I'm merely trying to empathise....
I thought that with my experience of autism (as a shared frame of reference) i could reach out to you, dialectically unravel your logic in a bid to expose the errors present in you reasoning and serve as an aide in your ingenuous efforts of realising a world that holistically includes you.
....your existence, aspiration and déboires as a real person.
You shouldn't let your condition isolate you so much, if you got of your computer, regained a sense of personal hygiene and exercised regularly, you would feel more engaged with life and depersonalise less when in situations of rupture with objective reality.

I know realistic power armor is a hard concept for you to grasp, but that doesn't mean you should dismiss it as silly tin men marketed to enamoured adolescents and minors.
Merely glance at the designs, ergonomic, robust, involute, is well balanced yet retains high form.

I still persist in the belief that goading will stimulate you enough to figure that out, don't give up now progress can still be made.
>>
>>67941757
Literally everything is a mary sue to you cunts. There's only one mary sue and its Rey. Eat my crusty asshole you faggot
>>
>>67944456
I don't think I've even seen this much autism concentrated in a single post before.

All because your childish fantasies about robot suits were mocked.
>>
>>67943148
I have to admit, the only reason i bought the novel was because it had cover art by one of my favourite artists, ABe
>>
>>67941072
Saw it in theater not expecting too much. V surprised with how great it was familia
>>
>>67941757
>mary sue

nice buzzword!
>>
>>67941072
Is light novels the next capeshit?
>>
>[Laughs] And for Tom, this is the stuff he loves. And the minute we premiered the movie in Vienna and got on the plane to the next premiere, he was like, “Dude, I’ve got an idea.”

>From the tone of your voice, you sound intrigued about the possibility of doing another one.

>Edge of Tomorrow was so hard and was so draining. When we went out to dinner when we were making Mission and Tom said, “I have an idea for the sequel to Edge, and I said, “I don’t want to fucking hear it. I do not want to know!” And he pitched the idea to me and he finished pitching it, I was like, “Goddammit, why did you do that?”
>>
>>67945009
MCQUARRIE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR LIKE HALF THE AWESOME SHIT OF THE PAST 20 YEARS

GOING BACK TO THE USUAL SUSPECTS
>>
>>67941382
Not only, that but Beebe is a fanfuckingtastic cnematographer.

Guy really knows what he's doing. There is ONE bad shot when Cruise was standing in front of the Louvre, but he did a great job framing the "repeated" shots in slightly minor ways that they didn't get stale.
>>
>>67943641
>>I'm going to tell your right now
Well, aside from the Getterfags, most robotfags aren't ESL
>>
>>67946498
>GOING BACK TO THE USUAL SUSPECTS
heh
>>
Wait... People actually liked this pile of shit? I had to turn it off before the 3rd act because it was so boring and predictable
>>
>>67941757
Stop misusing that fucking word. Ever since it got coverage for being used (legitimately) to describe Rey, idiots like you have used it any competent character without any understanding of what it means.

Cruise's character starts out completely incompetent, thrown in at the deep end of a battle he is completely ill equipped to fight. He gradually learns to master his situation by Groundhogging it, literally dying over and over again and learning from each failure. That's not Sue, that's an arc.
>>
>>67941072
>Sweaty elbow lever into upward facing dog

I very rarely get muh dick symptoms while watching films, but that was one of those times.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.