[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this movie have a good rep? It's a snooze fest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: ip man.jpg (275 KB, 1061x1500) Image search: [Google]
ip man.jpg
275 KB, 1061x1500
Why does this movie have a good rep? It's a snooze fest where you never feel the mary sue MC is in danger because he literally never gets hit once. And people tell me the 1 vs 10 fight is good, are you kidding? It looks like something straight out of Power Rangers with the bad guys waiting for their turn to attack individually.
>>
>>67934990
Based Neo.
>>
its entertaining action packed fun for all the family

not everything has to be feels and a masterpiece

ipman 3 was shit though. pointless tyson cameo
>>
>>67934990
Chinese power fantasies are always boring senpai
>>
>>67935032
>its entertaining action packed fun for all the family
That's my point, I talked only about the action. It's boring.
>>
File: 1459093996735.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459093996735.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>67934990
its like hes the best fighter in the movie or something, right?
>>
>>67935042
Jap detected
>>
>>67934990
I liked it. But I can't help but feel there's some underlying Chinese nationalism theme.

In the first Ipman, it's all about kung fu against karate and China against Japan.

Then Ipman 2 is all about Western styles vs kung fu and obviously the West against China.

In fact, it seems like a pretty common theme with other Chinese film as well.
>>
>>67934990
donny yen is a total bro.
>>
>>67935079
He's so good his opponents become too dumb to use numbers advantage right?
>>
>>67934990
It wasn't bad but it's chinese propaganda
>>
>>67935131
>But I can't help but feel there's some underlying Chinese nationalism theme.

You think?
>>
>>67934990
thank you! motherfucker wins every fight with ease in the first movie. sure the choreography is great but there's no tension.

even the final fight, i was thinking "finally, he's facing off against a real challenge". nope. bad guy barely gets a single good hit on him.
>>
>>67934990
I rewatched it recently and I agree the 10v1 fight was pretty bad. Typical Kung fu movie where they stand in a circle and take turns. The fights at the beginning are based af though.
>>
>>67935121
>only the Japanese hate the Chinese
CIDF pls go
>>
OP you are fucking retarded. The IP Man series features some of the best martial ever on film. Perhaps you should stick to the Karate Kid, it seems more your pace.
>>
The boxer should have blown him the fuck out in #2 but they made him a pillowpuncher
>>
>>67935372
lol yea ip man is very accurate with its martial arts

especially those flurry punches
>>
>>67934990
I watch these only for the Kung-Fu
>>
>>67935372
At least the bad guys in Karate Kid know how to properly gang up on someone.
>>
It's like live action anime. Average at best IMO.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.