[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that this hack is making Blade Runner 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: meme director.png (150 KB, 659x335) Image search: [Google]
meme director.png
150 KB, 659x335
Reminder that this hack is making Blade Runner 2
>>
>>67929647
Hasn't made a bad film yet

He's also doing a sci-fi film before Blade Runner so we'll see how well he does with the genre
>>
>>67929679
test screening have been incredibly positive
>>
File: ridley-scott-07.jpg (19 KB, 438x430) Image search: [Google]
ridley-scott-07.jpg
19 KB, 438x430
>>67929647
>reminder that this hack made blade runner
alien was his only good film
>>
>>67929647

Do you mean that director that has to make a bad film yet?
>>
>>67929679
His last 2 movies (Sicario and Prisoners) have both been pleb shit. Doesn't know how to end a film.
>>
Reminder that Villenueve has yet to make a bad film. Hes one of the few great young directors that give us hope for future cinema.
>>
>>67929862
Last 3 movies.
>>
>>67929647
I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics someone pulls itt to expose Villeneuve as a hack.
>>
File: festivals_sicario[1].jpg (339 KB, 1500x993) Image search: [Google]
festivals_sicario[1].jpg
339 KB, 1500x993
>>67929647
IS SICARIO A REPLICANT?
>>
>>67929844
Prisoners is the most IMDB sensibility movie EVER made.
>>
>>67929862
*tips contrarian fedora*

Sry m'lady, I only watch superior French arthouse Kinocinéma.
>>
>>67929862
>>67929872
"no"
>>
>>67929862

What if I told you that YOU are the pleb?
>>
>>67929862
False. The endings are absolutely god tier.
>>
>>67929869
This. It kind of amazes me that /tv/ hates him so much. I don't even really understand why, either.
>>
>>67929647
>>67929869

The glorious French (Canadian) taste for art
>>
>>67929981
Once you graduate video games you'll understand. Villeneuve is well on his way to being the biggest trashmaster fraud working today. Currently only Jeff Nichols and PTA stand in his way.
>>
>>67930019
Okay, but do you have any interest in actually explaining what it is that makes his films bad, or do you just want to pointlessly condescend?
>>
>>67929897
No, the endings are complete shit.

Sicario has a contrived revenge plot with Del Toro shooting a whole family dead in 2 seconds without moving like he's the good guy in a spaghetti western.

Prisoners I don't even know where to start. That movie just got worse and worse the longer it went.
>>
>>67930019
This awful bait. Supported by absolutely nothing.
>>
>>67929896
>IMDB sensibility

You say this as if it had any meaning to anyone who is not a literal fedora wearing neckbeard, and that's wrong
>>
>>67930053
If you look at a movie like Prisoners and need the reasons why that movie is terrible explained to you instead of being able to see it for yourself then you are too far gone to even bother engaging with.

He makes feature length hotpockets. Any man willing to eat them and ask for more is too far gone down the capeshit/video game hole to even try to save.
>>
>>67930053
It's just baiting contrarianism.
Even if he does reply, his response will be full of buzzwords.
>>
>>67930088
It's incredible how right you were

I don't know why I always try to engage with these people
>>
>>67930077
Only non-fedoras use terms like that, the real fedoras fear it, because those are exactly the people that term is so threatening to.

The man who devotes his life to the destruction of all IMDB/Video game media is the anti-fedora. The least infantilized, the most neurotypical.
>>
>>67929961

i agree desu. the endings to prisoners and sicario were done really well. specially prisoners. Who the entire thing wraps up and concludes. And the final shot before it cuts to black. God-tier.

I also loved the sequence towards the end in which gyllenhaal is frantically driving to the hospital in his car while its raining hoping to make in time. It's shot so beautifully.

good shit man. the cinematography in both these films was on-point. specially prisoners where the atmosphere is set nicely and the characters played by paul dano, jake and hugh jackman are fleshed out really well.

>>67930019

what makes villeneauve a fraud? explain at least?

>>67930088
you're right. he replied and its full of bullshit buzzwords. here: >>67930087

>honestly you want me To EXPLAIN MY REASONING!! You're stupid lol go back to capeshit.

>>67930070
yeah it is.
>>
>>67930067
What the fuck are you even rambling about? Sicario's ending wasnt contrived at all. The entire point of using Alejandro clearly went way over your head. The revenge thing was the secondary objective of that scene. Alejandro represented the US govs ruthless efficiency in setting a drug market under its own terms.

There is no place to start with Prisoners because its top tier filmmaking beggining to end. The fact that you use a BS term like "i dont even know where to start" just proves my point that you're b8ing

8/10 made me reply and im visibly angry
>>
>>67930150
>There is no place to start with Prisoners because its top tier filmmaking beggining to end.
The fact that 15-20 year olds love it so much secures its status as the lowest of the low in terms of modern mainstream filmmaking.
>>
>>67930203
More contrarian buzzword bait with no actual substance.
>>
I REGRET WATCHING PRISONERS ON MY LAPTOP AND NOT IN THE THEATER.

it's one film which is so atmospheric and shot so well that it feels as if it realized the potential a film on big screen can have.

most films we see have fucking bullshit dull cinematography with cuts and average direction.

like fuck. i don't give half a fuck about "KUBRICK's GENIUS" and all the bullshit symbolism fanboys jerk over.

i want a film that makes me feel included. as if i'm in its world.
>>
File: rocco.jpg (380 KB, 1152x1728) Image search: [Google]
rocco.jpg
380 KB, 1152x1728
>>67929647

Based Rocco
>>
File: Prisoners 01.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Prisoners 01.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>67930230
That's really all you're going to get from him. There's a certain brand of shitposter on this board that behaves that way, and they just talk endlessly in circles while never actually saying anything beyond "it's dumb and you're dumb for liking it" with no explanation or reasoning.
>>
If I could kill any modern cinematographer right now it would be Deakins, he has enabled the IMDB generation for far too long,
>>
>>67929679
that's deakins's work
>>
contrarians simply cannot fathom a simple movie that executes what it sets out to execute.

Villeneuve doesn't attempt to bite off any more than he can chew, and it infuriates contrarian pigfucks
>>
File: 1459890769841.png (471 KB, 632x483) Image search: [Google]
1459890769841.png
471 KB, 632x483
>>67929647
>and now, for my master stroke: the terrorists are Christians!

Anyway, his movies look good because Deakins does them. Villeneuve is in charge of botching up an action sequence. If Deakins is working on Blade Runner 2 it will look good.
>>
>>67930087
>Deflection tactics:D-
The reasons are TOO obvious to explain? ?
>>
>>67930236
>shot so well

by deakins, not villeneuve
>>
>>67929862
Prisoners is better than Blade Runner.
>>
>>67930326

yeah. so? I don't care. i just wanted to say that i think it was shot really well and set the mood/atmosphere/tone nicely.
>>
>>67930316
It's not worth my time to explain them to you if you can't see for yourself.

It's like video games or capeshit if you don't already know why that are completely terrible on inate level you can't be saved. I'd pull the trigger to end Villeneuve's path of cinema destruction, but I won't stoop to explaining what's wrong with his so obviously terrible IMDB enabling flicks.
>>
>>67930336
And we have reached peak /v/eddit hotpocket invasion.
>>
>>67930305
>>
File: bait3.gif (52 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait3.gif
52 KB, 625x626
>>67930358

(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)
>>
>>67930326
Films aren't entirely dependent on DP's lad.
>>
>>67930358
Villenueve is so far ahead of capeshit. There is really no comparison lol. You're inability to make a coherent argument just proves you belong on /v/.
>>
>>67929647
You say that like the first Blade Runner was some kind of classic film. It was always for plebs.
>>
>>67930019
This. After reading all the rave and acclaim given to Prisoners by the retards of this board, I gave into the hype and watched it. Won't make that mistake again. Direct-to-video trash, masquerading as upmarket studio fare.
>>
>>67929647
>remake/sequel of a 20 years old movie
>produced by Sony Pictures

I wonder how it could go wrong /s...
>>
>>67930358
>It's not worth my time
>Totally worth my time to tell you it's not worth my time tho

k lad bye
>>
Is this the "Enemy" guy?
>>
Villeneuve is just serviceable, on the level of Matthew Vaughn and David Ayer. There's nothing worth raving about his work at all, especially considering his lack of style.
>>
>>67929743
Test screenings always are, faggot.
>>
>>67930385
Pls. Cyberpunk as a genre only appeals to manchildren who want to fuck their robotic or virtual waifu. The script for Blade Runner is pulpy trash.
>>
File: Enemy say wot.webm (2 MB, 1912x796) Image search: [Google]
Enemy say wot.webm
2 MB, 1912x796
>>67929647
That's awesome! That's almost an ideal pic. Ridley Scott would undoubtably Prometheus it, it could use a creative vision that hasn't been burnt out yet.
>>
File: bait2.png (181 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait2.png
181 KB, 625x626
>>67930414
>>67930358
>>67930203
>>67930087
>>67930067
>>67930019
>>67929862

(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)
>>
>>67930407
i know, that's why villeneuve's setpieces are shoddy as hell

sicario was a godawful action movie, no sense of direction (pun intended) in action scenes.
>>
>>67930440
Yes, the man responsible for Enemy is making the Blade Runner sequel. Terrible, I know.
>>
>>67930203
I loved the shit out of Bergman when I was 15-20.
I guess that makes Bergman the lowest of the low in terms of film directors.
>>
>>67930473
Well it's not an action film.
>>
>>67930492
Absolutely. Bergman is babby's first criterioncore.
>>
>>67930469
Anon, what do your elf eyes see?
>>
>>67930469

>Someone disagrees with me so it's bait

Not even one of the people you quoted and I wholeheartedly disagree with what they said, but you are a monstrous fucking faggot and need to go back to /v/ with your grade school mentality.
>>
File: armond.jpg (25 KB, 460x260) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
25 KB, 460x260
>LOOK HERE'S THAT MOVIE BLADE RUNNER YOU LOVE BUT NOW WITH /V/EDDIT'S BASEDEST MEME ACTOR, MEME DIRECTOR AND MEME DP.
>>
>>67930203
Depends on how you process the movie. Good movies are appealing on multiple different levels and audiences.
>>
>>67930150
>There is no place to start with Prisoners because its top tier filmmaking beggining to end.

What? Its terrible. Lots of people hated it.

The part that bothered me most was that the police found the old ladies caravan at the start, searched her house, found nothing and then she's suddenly the big bad at the end (and what a boring trope that is). There were plenty of other stupid plot holes which I can't remember the specifics to.
>>
>>67930440
>yfw Blade Runner 2 is a punch of on the head metaphors

Ruh roh!
>>
>>67930403
>>67930469
Villeneuve fanboy losing his cool. lol
>>
>>67930584
Armond enjoys Villenueve.
>>
>>67930452
>movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal
>has an ambiguous ending

It's a meme at this point.
>>
>>67930492
>>67930509
Don't mistake not taking anything for granted and being a fucking ingrate please.
>>
>>67930617
Only Sicario. Nobodies perfect.
>>
>>67930358
>on an innate level
You're even lying to yourself about whether you can explain it or not.

This is what I imagine every TV 'patrician' thinks. That they have a superior *innate* understanding of movies that is better than everyone else's. This way they don't actually have to prove that they know anything about movies but it gives them license enough to make pronouncements about movies to us plebs
>>
>>67930595
>the police found the old ladies caravan at the start, searched her house, found nothing and then she's suddenly the big bad at the end

they do make it pretty clear how she managed to hide everything, though. it's not the most creative writing decision, and her motivation certainly isn't compelling - more bizarre than anything else - but it's far from being a plot hole.
>>
Are Villeneuve's non-meme movies good? Meaning the stuff before Prisoners.

I guess it doesn't seem like there's any point in watching them since nobody else seems to have seen them here either.
>>
>>67930681
Polytechnique and Incendies are both quite good. I haven't seen his first, though.
>>
Luckily we still have Harmony Korine, amirite mr. autismal?
>>
>>67930681
incendies are good if comically pretentious.
>>
>>67930651
If you are an adult video game player then every opinion I will ever have on a film is more valid than yours by default.

You are an infantilized degenerate. I am the cure to that cultural cancer.
>>
>>67930711
I wonder if this is the "I am a shining white light" guy from yesterday

that was the most hilarious post I'd ever seen in my life
>>
>>67930705
At least if got a Korine directed blade runner 2 we wouldn't have to endure 2 hours of pandering to IMDB with their most fashionable film buff bullet points.
>>
Villeneuve and PTA are the most rightfully revered directors alive, miles above Lynch and Korine in terms of visual and narrative quality in their filmmaking.
>>
>>67930738

You technically don't have to endure anything bro, just don't see it. I mean you're like those nerds who hate capeshit yet they pay to see capeshit flicks ALL THE TIME. Be coherent, if you don't like it, then don't see it.
>>
>>67930766
Neither of them have come anywhere close to a film like Mulholland Drive. I can see how you could enjoy a film like Boogie Nights or There Will Be Blood on a capeshit "entertainment" and Punch Drunk Love is actually pretty good but that's as much praise as I can give PTA.

The french canadian hack on the otherhand has produced nothing but undiluted shit his entire carteer.
>>
>>67930737

what post?
>>
>>67930813
Whether I see it or not cinema has still been damaged as a medium. I want to be there to see it for myself. It is my duty to see every film that I deem significant and that can be for reasons either positive or negative.
>>
>>67930845
There was a guy yesterday spamming about how the decline of Christian morals and the prevalence of "leftist sensibilities" are causing the downfall of Western civilization, and when accused of being a degenerate he said "I am a shining white light." Either the most insanely conceited person alive or a really dedicated shitposter. Now that I think about it I probably should've taken a screenshot
>>
>>67930842

Boogie Nights is so inferior to The Master that this post it's not even that good of a bait, tbqh.

Also Mulholland Drive is the most IMDB and entrylevel movie that actually exists. I mean, it's good, but you're an hypocrite
>>
>>67930904
The Master wasn't deemed by me to be functional on a capeshit level. It's just a bad art film.

Boogie Nights is a terrible film in my eyes, but I could understand how somebody might enjoy it on a surface level with no respect for the medium.
>>
>>67930974

What is an art film? What makes an "art film" good or bad?
>>
>>67930904
>Also Mulholland Drive is the most IMDB and entrylevel movie that actually exists
not that guy but I don't really think this is fair

a lot of the people who praise it are praising it for the superficial experience but don't actually understand the purpose or thematic content

it's easy to enjoy on a basic level, but harder to parse the actual substance of the film. though, i don't think it's nearly as confusing as others have made it out to be.
>>
lmao at the teens who have fallen in love with the newest IMDB pleb director. Villenueve is just a new Nolan/Fincher--he's good at making movies that *appear* to be good, tricking dumb plebs, but they don't have any real substance.

figures reddi/tv/ loves him though.
>>
>>67930998
A film that isn't made to entertain.

>What makes an "art film" good or bad?
Whether the "art" is made to purify our society or simply there to farm legitimacy for a fraudulent director.

PTA makes monuments to himself. He doesn't care about killing capeshit.
>>
>>67930644
He liked Prisoners and Incendies too
>>
File: sic.jpg (15 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
sic.jpg
15 KB, 300x400
what's his best film?
>>
>>67931068
Yeah, this is definitely the "shining white light" guy.
>>
>>>/v/illeneuve
>>
>>67931111
Good post. This was a bullet into the heart of the crossposte menace.
>>
>>67931068
>Whether the "art" is made to purify our society

I was fucking with you but I'm going to stop because I think you're for real with this shit and I don't want some dude going full Elliot Rodger because of me.

Good luck bro, don't "purify" anything too seriously without talking it out with your parents first ok?
>>
>pretty, superficial cinematography
>edgy characters who don't talk very much
>edgy plot without exposition

voila! a new fedora-favorite is born! This is all you need to get the cheeto-eating young male fedora crowd to worship your next movie--even YOU can become the next Villenueve!
>>
reminder that incendies is going to be remembered as one of the best movies of this century.
>>
>>67931271

HOLY ROMAN EMPIREEE
>>
>>67931294
COME ON IF YOU THINK

COME ON IF YOU THINK

YOU CAN TAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1436639912736.jpg (13 KB, 276x342) Image search: [Google]
1436639912736.jpg
13 KB, 276x342
>>67931271
I'm working on a sequel called "Tendies". My mom is directing.
>>
>>67929862
People are shitting on you, but you're right. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Sicario, but neither film is above average
>>
>>67931271
Alongside other modern masterpieces, like "The Dark Knight" and "There Will Be Blood," no doubt. :^)
>>
Why does this film NEED a sequel? I would be fine with a film set in the Blade Runner universe with new characters but why possibly(more than likely) tarnish the original?
>>
>>67931317

Why is Radiohead always making songs about being tough guys when my 12 year old niece could beat Thom Yorke to death with her bare fists, brehs?
>>
>>67931505
Because Radiohead sucks and they're basically a Muse cover band.
>>
File: EXTREME DUDE.png (512 KB, 704x704) Image search: [Google]
EXTREME DUDE.png
512 KB, 704x704
>>67931548
holy shit, it's like you've never actually listened to either band
>>
>>67931592

>He took the bait

You're not reppin the Naysh very well brah. \//\
>>
>>67931505
Radiohead is total fedoracore. The Villeneuve of music in many regards.
>>
>>67931451
You already know the answer. It doesn't need one, but it's getting one
>>
>>67929647
He should cast the boner guy from Sicario as a blade runner.
Otherwise I'll boycott his movie.
>>
>>67929647
he's the only good thing about the film, but unfortunately he won't be able to undo the devastating effect of Ryan Memesling and Roger Memekins
>>
>>67931391
all pale in comparison to the kino masterpiece that is The Tree of Life...dude that CGI dinosaur was so fucking epic and deep, it really says a lot about the Christian faith (that I don't believe in and ridicule everyone who does)
>>
>>67932023
>that I don't believe in and ridicule everyone who does)
Nice projecting.
>>
File: image.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>67931960
>>
>>67930261
I'm really sick of them. On the one hand you have the people who only watch blockbusters calling anything different pretentious or boring. Then you have those that will shit on literally any acclaimed film, classic or contemporary, calling them pleb and overrated while quoting Armond White. There's so few people left to discuss film with.

By the way, I find it strange that Scott isn't directing.
>>
>>67929807
my nigga
>>
>>67932359
People should think for themselves but Armond White is still easily the smartest film writer around today. For his attack on Steve McQueen alone it's clear that he is a man fighting on the right side of this cultural war.
>>
>>67933469

>MUH CULTURAL WAR
>Falls for a black guy rusing and being contrarian to get more views

Why are /pol/tard conservacucks so fucking retarded?
>>
>>67930261
That's a 4chan thing.
>>
>>67933682
>LE CONTRARIAN
Nice meme.

If Armond is so contrarian then why did he praise your Sicario along with almost every other critic.

Also he pretty much torpedoed his career with his McQueen offensive. If he was out to get views he's not going about it very well.
>>
File: Roger Deakins.jpg (131 KB, 631x888) Image search: [Google]
Roger Deakins.jpg
131 KB, 631x888
>>67929647
At least it will look somewhat nice.
>>
>>67935525
>all that IMDB shit
baka
>>
File: tarantula_2013_02.jpg (32 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
tarantula_2013_02.jpg
32 KB, 1280x532
>>67929862
>Doesn't know how to end a film.

Enemy (2013) would like a word with you.
>>
>>67935538
The Oscars are IMDb shit though.
>>
File: 1451713013986.jpg (96 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1451713013986.jpg
96 KB, 800x480
Enemy > Incendies > Sicario > Prisoners

this cannot be proven incorrect
>>
>>67935560
Which is why they nominate Mr. IMDB aesthetic every year.
>>
>>67935512
This, surprised people think this guy was just trying to be popular. He could literally milk the politically correct world dry just by being a gay black guy, but he doesn't. I don't even agree with the dude half the time, but he's probably the only reviewer I read on a regular bases.
>>
>>67935597
Blade Runner is pretty much IMDb, he's a good choice for this new one.
>>
>>67929869
His films are, for the most part, average.
>>
honestly I'm tired of Deakins' schtick

he is literally a meme at this point
>>
>>67930019
agreed, but you forgot Malick and Fincher
>>
>>67935595

prisoners was better than sicario
>>
File: bloody14.jpg (40 KB, 620x345) Image search: [Google]
bloody14.jpg
40 KB, 620x345
>>67930336
>want this to be b8
>have to come to terms that redditors actually exist
It's so crushing
>>
>>67930150
>Top tier filmmaking
It's good, but not that good.
>>
>>67930473
Armond disagrees and says he's on the same tier as Peckinpah
>>
>>67935753
Malick is a great director. Fincher is bad but Villenueve has already cemented himself as more artistically destructive.
>>
>>67935772
>Posts a literal video game
>calls anybody else a redditor
Fuck off back to your degenerate homeboard /v/eddit infant.
>>
>>67935595
Prisoners >Sicario >Enemy
I understood Enemy's symbolism; I just didn't think it was really that deep
What was impressive was how detail oriented the whole thing was and how dedicated to the metaphor it was. But it didn't really fulfill any purpose; it was just a directorial exercise. Solid but not amazing
>>
>>67935834
You know that lots of very talented and artistically gifted individuals like video games too, right? Spielberg actually created medal of honor before Saving Private Ryan ever came out

The Witcher series has more quality writing and direction than most popular flicks

There's nothing wrong with me enjoying that and also having a very cinematic eye and being able to see the literary and visual masterpiece of blade runner
>>
>>67935938
Spielberg is a fucking hack who has been infantilizing cinema for his entire career. No surprise that the man who helped turn the mainstream blockbuster into a video game has tipped his toes into the trash can of the video game medium.

>You know that lots of very talented and artistically gifted individuals like video games too, right? S
No one with even a shred of integrity has ever been involved in a video game. Maybe some talented people sold out for a desperate paycheck. Willem Dafoe for instance.
>>
You can always tell who the true intellects in film are in threads like this. So you know its the ones who like Villenueve and not the shitty b8ers
>>
>>67935805
being a great director doesn't mean much if you can't write a script for shit but are too much of an egocentric dipshit to direct someone else's script (please spare me from the le wandering jesus-like auteur savant reddit memes. remember this is a guy who left a fucking Rhodes scolarship because his tutor disagreed with him)
>>
>>67930019
Thor? Is that you?
>>
>>67936022
To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writh around on the ground in a supermarket while screaching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head.

He is cheeto dust. Nothing more.
>>
>>67936022

>>67932318
>>67930469
>>67930403
>>
File: mfwplebsspoutbullshit.jpg (142 KB, 344x505) Image search: [Google]
mfwplebsspoutbullshit.jpg
142 KB, 344x505
>>67936071
>recognize you've learnt all you can in this institution because your "superiors" are clueless idiots and thus leave
>this is somehow a bad thing
>>
File: 1401019913940.jpg (76 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
1401019913940.jpg
76 KB, 396x594
>>67929647
Why are voxdditors/avclubdditors/imdbdittors going apeshit over him? this flickmeister doesn't even have a legitimate claim on being the town's best director
>>
I didn't know Korine-anon had turned on Villeneuve now. Though I suppose he's the same brand of filmmaker as PTA so it makes sense.
>>
>>67929862
I commend you on your bait.
>>
File: 1425487695424.webm (3 MB, 742x720) Image search: [Google]
1425487695424.webm
3 MB, 742x720
>>67936237
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67936449
Is this supposed to be bad?
>>
>>67936449
Bravo Dolan
>>
File: 1407789708630.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1407789708630.gif
954 KB, 320x240
where do you even go after blade runner?
blade runner 2 is gonna be shitty sci fi action
>>
>actually being hyped for a sequel to Blade Runner
For what possible reason?
>>
>>67936449
When someone asks what kinógráphy means, just show them this webm. Thank you based smug director.
>>
>>67936570
They've been manipulated enough by viral marketing shills that they'll line to see anything with their "based" "film buff" cool guy squad involved.

>muh based villeneuve
>muh based goose
>muh based deakins
It's the most transparent attempt to make the fedora demographic accept an obvious cash grab I've ever seen.
>>
>>67936794
Even without taking into account the people involved with the project, why would people want a sequel to Blade Runner?
What is there in the story that the fans feel absolutely needs to be told?
If you want more Blade Runner then fucking watch Blade Runner or read the fucking book.
Sequels are literally the worst thing to ever happen to media as a whole.
>>
>>67936888
Nobody wanted a sequel. They just offset that by cramming in as many trendy people as possible so it looks legitimate. People will see it because of the brand name and "talent". If they had the same team working on Terminator 5 people here would have been getting "hype" for it.
>>
>>67929647

>hack
>the man who made Sicario

Does "hack" mean something different in the US than it does in Germany?
>>
>>67937049
Sicario was bad art. Doesn't matter how many good actors they got or how good the music, cinematography or tension was.
>>
>>67936969
No, there were people who unironically wanted a sequel to Blade Runner even before the sequel was greenlit.
>>
>>67929807
>>67933374
Tasteless faggots, Blade Runner is a masterpiece and Ridley has made a bunch of good films.
>>
>>67930605
he's right
>>
>>67930998
popularity and good reviews
>>
>>67937171
>Ridley has made a bunch of good films.
He had made 3 good films

Blade Runner
The Counsellor
Alien.

The rest are shit. No exceptions since I've seen them all.
>>
>>67929647
Back to whatever pleb nest you crawled from
>>
>>67937109
>what plebs actually think
>>
>>67931092
fuck I was in that thread
>>
>>67937270
Nope. Every aspect I named are the pleb attributes of a movie. You are the pleb.
>>
>>67929862
Your opinion seems to be: false
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>67936104
>>
File: newfag.png (553 KB, 595x438) Image search: [Google]
newfag.png
553 KB, 595x438
>>67929647
So I've never seen Blade Runner. Well I did with my dad when I was a kid but I was too young to remember anything. So which version should I watch? I saw there was a lot and got confused.
>>
>>67937360
Watch them all in release order.
>>
File: TMS-Statler&Waldorf-BalconyBox.jpg (257 KB, 1199x795) Image search: [Google]
TMS-Statler&Waldorf-BalconyBox.jpg
257 KB, 1199x795
>>67929647
No Vangelis No Buy.

Like I'm sorry, if the score isn't on point then I don't even want to watch this. Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies and I feel like this will retroactively ruin it for me. Fuck whomever green lit this shit.
>>
>>67937392
So you'll support this crash grab so long as they pay off your composer enough for him to shit out some lazy soundtrack so that they can put his name on the marketing bullet points. No better than the cucks who watched the force awkens.
>>
>>67929807
>Alien is his best movie
>Not G.I. Jane

Nigga step up your game.
>>
>>67935803
Villeneuve couldn't cut his way out of a paper bag.
>>
File: 1404194162680.jpg (159 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1404194162680.jpg
159 KB, 500x375
>/tv/ now hates Villenueve
Took long enough.
>>
>>67937789
I hated him since Prisoners.
>>
>>67937392
Trent Reznot would be fucking rad tobehonest
>>
>>67937789

this board has always been contrarian and pleb, took long enough indeed
>>
>>67937789
Villenueve is a hack and his movies can't touch the capekinos produced by Marvel.
>>
>>67937902
>contrarian and pleb
Hating Cuckeneuve is neither of these things. I wish above all else I could meet him so I could tell him how pathetic he is.
>>
>>67937962
>Hating Cuckeneuve is neither of these things

Clearly contrarian as he is a famous and acclaimed director.

But this is the kind of contrarianhood that makes you a fucking plebe of the lowest kind, a CAPITE CENSI fuck if you want, because the only reason you guys hate him is because it's popular. It's one thing to enjoy capeshit, because that's a passive kind of being pleb: you sit and enjoy shit being thrown at you. That's fine. Now being an ACTIVE pleb, going out of your way to hate a director whose worse film is an objective 7/10, that's worse. That's a choice you make, and it's the lowest of the pleb ranking.
>>
>>67937248
>The Counselor
>good

That movie was a fucking trainwreck. I was so hyped for it, too.
>>
>>67938102
>Clearly contrarian as he is a famous and acclaimed director.
So are Nolan, Paul Thomas Anderson, David Fincher, Steve McQueen, Jeff Nichols and Tarantino.

Guess it's contrarian to want to kill them too. Don't settle for bad art. I know you can't see beyond the Jewish marketing but not all of us are so easily fooled. I am not your enemy. Capeshit is your enemy. I am your savior. You are just too blind to know that.
>>
>>67938156
It went over your head. You were exactly the kind of viewer who that movie was made to bend and break.
>>
File: l_191.png (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
l_191.png
10 KB, 500x500
>>67929647
Trois-Rivières
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 600x450
>>67937962
>Cuckeneuve
>>
Just watch as they bring in Hanz Zimmer instead of Vangelis.
It'll be meme music
>>
>>67938375
Han Zimmer can do great work.
>>
if you've ever used the word "meme" or "IMDb" to criticize something, you know nothing about cinéma.
>>
>>67938403
How about you choke on Zimmer's cock?
I'm sorry anon. It's just, it wouldn't be the same without Vangelis.
>>
>>67938403
Any analysis of the modern cinema landscape that doesn't use the word meme is outdated and dishonest.
>>
>>67938534
hello underage!

>>>/v/
>>
>>67938585
You're the underage one. I've been on this board for the best part of the decade. The kneejerk dismissal of terms like those is a /v/eddit one. You don't fight for cinema.
>>
>>67938631
>Reddit boogeyman shitposting

nice buzzwords

>>>/v/
>>
>>67938706
It's /v/ to defend pro-entertainment cinema like the schlock that our french canadian friend shits out. He releases cinematic video games. I devote my life to the destruction of the video game.
>>
>>67929862
>>67929647
must be bait right?
>>
>>67938742
It's funny because implying Villeneuve is good would be the bait in hard art circles. This is why we need a film board.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 625x626
>>67938735
>>
>>67937954
Both are trash. They are bad scribbles in the pages of my beloved board.

The same bullet that kills a capeshit fan will also kill the Villeneuve and Paul Thomas Anderson fan. They come from the same root, from the same doritos stained console. They are frauds, and as a warrior of cinema it's my duty to expose the fakes and the inauthentic when I see them. I will fight with crawls and teeth until the last imposter is fallen to the ground
>>
File: tryinghard.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
tryinghard.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>67938881
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 625x626
>>67938881
>ad-hominem: the post
>>
>>67938938
>>67938856
>stock /v/ images posted by an apple device user
And the pro-art poster is treated with hostility.

This board is so fucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
>>67939004
>pro-art
>just shits on movies without offering any real criticism
>>
>>67939040
The fact that they're enjoyed by video game players is the only criticism you ever need.
>>
>>67939004
Does it hurt to try this hard?
>>
>>67936104
Once again more buzzwords with no actual substance of a critique. Pathetic. Go back to your childrens cartoons. This is a board for adults.
>>
>>67939074
Once again no critisism. Considering "video game lovers" have given logical arguments with facts supporting their arguments and all you have offered are memes, that says quite a lot about your lower intellect.
>>
>>67937962
>>67938188

What are some examples of kino to you?
>>
>>67936104
I hope someone shits in your car, Prisoners was great
>>
>>67939127
>>67939206
>b-b-but memes. you use b-b-buzzwords
Cinephile video game enablers sure get intimidated by the modern film vocabularly
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 622x626
>>67939074
>>
>>67939305
I don't even have a car lmao
>>
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? > Blade Runner
>>
>>67939358
Prisoners > Sicario > Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep > Enemy > Blade Runner.

Already pre-ordering my tickets boys. Based Dennis is going to bring it again.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 625x626
>>67939311
This is getting ridiculous. Let me guess, you're a "beacon of white shining light"?

These are contrarian buzzwords to easily dismiss things you don't deem "patrician".
>>
>>67939311
Which words are considered part of modern film vocabulary? Hot pocket, cheeto dust or video games.
>>
>>67939552
All of the above.
>>
Well the "twist" ending in Incendies was blatantly obvious 30 minutes into the movie, so they really got the best guy for Blade Runner, where the key to a quality film will be handling the mystery of who's a replicant and who is human in a subtle and ambiguous manner.
>>
>>67939763
>Villeneueve
>subtlety
TOP KEK
>>
>>67939783
That was my point.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 280x324) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 280x324
>>67939568
>>
>>67936104
>To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets
not an argument

>and video games
not an argument

> and then writh around on the ground in a supermarket while screaching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head.
not an argument

>He is cheeto dust.
Not an argument

>nothing more
*tips fedora*
>>
>>67939074
>The fact that they're enjoyed by

Not an argument
>>
>>67939763
>>67939783

You guys are two plebes arguing the same memepoint, stop fighting pls
>>
I want to pin this guy down and fart in his face.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRTRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

That's for Prisoners you french faggot.
>>
>>67939468
Praising villeneuve is ceding to meme culture. I shall penetrate with the claws of authentic cinema onto the face of the videogame player and tear his flesh apart furiously until he starts suffocating on his own blood and desperately screams for the memes and the name of his imdb moviemakers only to he realize there's no point resisting the fury of a samurai prepared to murder for the medium, and so finally accepting death, falling to the ground like a filthy worthless bag of slime.

There is no room for entry level in this board. This is not hugbox. This is battlefield. This is war.
>>
Reminder that /tv/ is a shit board
>>
>>67929862
>Sicario
>pleb
Kek nice try pleb
>>
>>67940438
Not an argument
>>
>>67940522
>positive rating on IMDB
>not pleb
jej
>>
>>67940559
Not an argument
>>
>>67937446
I can think of a few others I'd be okay with.

Like I said, it needs to be on point.
>>
>people praising sicario
am I on reddit all of a sudden? That piece of shit was terrible, It was like some horror story for SJWs written by a hambeast about the evil patriarchy and the poor women they oppress and keep powerless.

I watched it in my bedroom so I could shout watchever I wanted without disturbing anybody and I was literally shouting top cuck every 10 minutes.
>>
>>67940559
My arguments are my weapons. They cut deep into the chest of the reddit cinephile.
>>
>>67940438

Not going to lie, I cringed hard reading this. Also Villeneuve is one of the top 5 directors alive and so far no one has been able to prove otherwise
>>
>>67940606
Yes it was

>>67940676
maybe capeshit is more your speed
>>
>>67940830
It was as SJW as Whedon shit just in another way. It was to women as 12 years a slave was to blacks.
>>
>>67940735
You should try looking past the videogame console.

Villeneuve's hack fraud is exposed for all to see, except the imdb kids blinded by faux auteur.
>>
>>67940676
Plebs have invaded
>>
>>67940879
nah, it wasn't. nice ad-hominem.
>>
>>67940830
>They don't like my shitty entry-level hogwash, they must be batman fans!!!
In fact i'd say the average superhero fan and the average Villenueve fanboy share a lot of common thought. You plebeian retards are adorable. The best part is, people who like Villenueve, actually think they have taste .
>>
>>67940907
It was.

>LOOK AT THIS WOMEN SUFFERING AND BEING LEFT CONFUSED AND POWERLESS BY THE EVIL PATRIARCHY
>LOOK AT THIS BLACK SUFFERING AND BEING LEFT POWERLESS AND OPPRESSED BY THE EVIL WHITE MAN
>>
>>67940880

Why are you rambling about videogames lad? We are talking about cinema here, one of the best acive cinematographers especifically
>>
>>67940987
Deakins is "video game" made flesh
>>
>>67940987
He doesn't have an actual argument.
>>
>>67940676
PTA followers need to drool over a new imdb favorite until he releases another pretend self-masturbatory epic.

Unfortunately this is no longer the art board as much as it is the "people who are getting into cinema and just found out Nolan isn't a God" board.
>>
>>67940987
I take no heed of your memetic beliefs. You may as well be a walking playstation to me.
>>
Villeneuve is great. A veritable master of atmosphere.

Enemy is his best work, I feel, and one of the best political sci-fi works put to film.

>>67938156
The Counselor is overall exceedingly phenomenal.

The final scene is one of the worst, disgusting things I've ever seen.

Imagine Mary carrying baby Jesus for 8 months and 27 days and only just days before Christmas decides to have an abortion.

Not even religious, but that's the equivalent.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.