[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOOD > EVIL BULLSHIT: Is anyone else here completely tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: plsstop.jpg (27 KB, 604x517) Image search: [Google]
plsstop.jpg
27 KB, 604x517
GOOD > EVIL BULLSHIT:

Is anyone else here completely tired and sick of seeing dull, bland character with them being "good" as the only definable trait being the protagonists?

I want a ridiculously intelligent/clever/wicked character whose motivations go further than the same old bullshit "good guy". where the character achieves his or her goals/motivations through an intelligent plot and overcoming obstacles in ingenuous ways.

I am so fucking tired of seeing dull autistic heroes and villains deuce it out as good vs bad for the sake of good vs bad.

every villain is a bland moustache twirling villainous caricature
every hero is a bland "good" character which can quip or some bullshit.

neither is fucking intelligent most of the times or even particularly clever or ingenuous. even if they are, it is depicted stupidly and victory comes with some dumb mistake that the opposite side makes.

I challenge you /tv/ ,

Find ONE best film show where the characters are truly intelligent, interesting and ingenuous as fuck. where the director doesn't give a shit about making us "empathize" with a protagonist. something deliciously wicked and clever.

i am sick of the good vs evil trope.
>>
any of the countless anti-hero shows of the past 10 or so years you damn pleb
>>
>>67929576
Dumb Frogposter
>>
Stop watching capeshit
>>
Raito ror
>>
File: 1459270612972.jpg (151 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1459270612972.jpg
151 KB, 1252x1252
>>67929576
>WHY ISNT MY AUTISM REFLECTED ON SCREEN
>>
>>67929614

none of the anti-hero shows have clever or intelligent characters who make rational decisions.

name ONE.

>>67929692
i don't watch capeshit too much. if you have any concrete suggestions then tell them.
>>
>>67929576
Watchmen was filmed long time ago.
>>
We need more characters as intelligent and nihilistic as ourselves, with wicked senses of humour.
>>
File: The Battle of Algiers.jpg (373 KB, 1138x1600) Image search: [Google]
The Battle of Algiers.jpg
373 KB, 1138x1600
>>67929576
>>
>>67930124

finally someone who actually replied to the question. thanks anon.
>>
Eye of the Needle, 1981 - Donald Sutherland is a German spy in Britain
The New Statesman, 1987 - British comedy show about a crooked MP
Colossus: The Forbin Project, 1970 - Sci-fi about an AI built to protect America and is given control of nuclear weapons
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.