[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst Tropes in Modern Films and Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 26
File: fatigue.png (224 KB, 544x438) Image search: [Google]
fatigue.png
224 KB, 544x438
>The heroes kill countless numbers of people and feel no remorse for it whatsoever
>We're supposed to relate to them and look up to them

This is what it's like in nearly every action movie, be it Star Wars, capeshit, the list goes on. I'm sick of it. Can we get a Worst Tropes in Modern Films/Stories thread? I'm writing a story and want to deconstruct the shit out of dumbass tropes.
>>
>>67925305
Why can't you look up to people who kill for the greater good?
>>
>>67925346
Not saying you can't, but I am personally tired of it. It's the same in every movie, makes me feel like I'm watching the same movie filmed dozens of different ways. It's homogenizing.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (171 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
171 KB, 1200x1200
>ambiguous ending when the movie doesn't call for one
or even worse
>the villain or whatever the protagonist was fighting against the entire movie is beaten, but the last shot of the movie suggests it's not dead/it's reborn/has a kid/whatever
I can't remember the last horror movie I watched that didn't end like this.
>>
>>67926266
Seriously.

Speaking of horror movies:

>slow tension build through out with ocassional well placed jump scare or "oh wow thats creepy as shit" moments
>last 15 minutes is a cacophony of roaring and screaming and demonic voices, house being ripped apart, shit flying everywhere, etc.

Never understood why this seems to be a necessary thing.
>>
>>67925305
>something big happens in the world of the movie
>cut to real life media personalities doing exposition to explain what the fuck happened
>usually CNN with Anderson Cooper or Wolf Blitzer, or late night comedy hosts
>serves as easy exposition and to show that whatever happened is big
I fucking hate this so much. It's so lazy and cliched.
>>
>>67926451
Completely agree. Because of budget and quality of actors in a lot of horror movies this is generally really jarring.
>>
File: 1456835107363.gif (1 MB, 374x352) Image search: [Google]
1456835107363.gif
1 MB, 374x352
>>67926537
That fucking black science man scene in BvS
>>
File: 2000% MAD.jpg (40 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
2000% MAD.jpg
40 KB, 500x738
>>67926266
>>the villain or whatever the protagonist was fighting against the entire movie is beaten, but the last shot of the movie suggests it's not dead/it's reborn/has a kid/whatever
Fucking Daredevil season 2
>Fight all season to make sure the Hand doesn't get what they want and get a hold of Elektra
>Don't protect her body well enough after she's dead, when you know they can resurrect people
>Hand gets a hold of her body anyway, making everything they did that season for nothing.
>>
>someone gets punched
>THWACK
>>
File: tmp_2575-63679373-29534692.jpg (29 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2575-63679373-29534692.jpg
29 KB, 400x386
>character kills a bunch of people with no hesitation, to get to one guy

>debates wether or not to kill the one guy
>>
File: angah.jpg (91 KB, 450x404) Image search: [Google]
angah.jpg
91 KB, 450x404
>soldiers/henchmen with helmets/masks that cover their faces to make you feel less sympathy for them
>>
>The main bad guy/antagonist kills his henchmen out of anger or no reason at all in front of other henchmen who just seem not to care at all that they coworkers are being murdered by their boss.
>>
>>67927094

fucking Specter

>James Bond kills 999999999 nameless mercenaries who he could probably just bribe to leave him alone lmao
>gets to the final boss whos the most powerful criminal in the world who can escape from any prison wh has a personal grudge against him and has dedicated his life to making him suffer as much as possible
>I'm done with the killing now.... besides you have to be in the sequel (that wont be happening)
>>
>>67925305
>Being a pussy
>>
>>67925346

Since in real life killing people has a huge emotional impact and if it isn't depicted as that it feels like some video game where the enemies aren't real people.
>>
File: wrong.gif (2 MB, 400x198) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
2 MB, 400x198
>>67925305
>heroes killing
>modern

Fuck off, /co/lon. Real heroes killed 100s of bad guys without giving a fuck. It's only after you cartoon cucks infested cinema that this no kill rule garbage become a thing.

Goddamn, I miss the days when action heroes mowed down dozens of mooks and laughed abouit.
>>
>>67927041
>someone holding a knife or sword
>SHINNNG
>>
File: you rn.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
you rn.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>>67927916
You tell em /b/rother, these effeminate cucks will NEVER understand the true manliness like me and you

wanna exchange emails? we could watch all the great action movies with those sweaty muscly men together (not in a gay way). the art of two men BONDING is lost in todays SJW ruled world
>>
>grabs a gun
>cocks it
>points it at another character
>cocks it again
>>
>don't kill him or you'll be just like him!

ridiculous
>>
>>67927973
SJWs don't want us to express our beautiful man love with each other in a non-homosexual way. Thanks to tumblr, the days of two masculine, straight, men sweating in each other's arms are long gone. I will think of your two manly frames, locked in loving embrace, as I watch predator tonight.
>>
>>67927868

man specter is a gigantic piece of fucking shit and has so many cliches that are just lazily thrown together.

>dumb car chase in which the killer just wants to trail the protagonist and even catches up at one point only to wink or smile making no real effort in killing the protagonist in the car

> airplane chase in which airplane gets decimated while the protagonist driving it walks out.

>meanwhile henchmen die become unconscious by getting punched or if the car hits something

>supposedly badass henchman takes a few seconds to say "oh shit" when waiting for death instead of jumping away or taking off ropes

>woman fighting bad guy is only slapped while man is punched or beaten

>henchman/assassin prefers using hand-to-hand combat to finish off targets

>after henchman fails, protagonist simply invited for drinks and hotel stay in evil lair

>protagonist walks out from a glass tunnel in the MIDDLE of a fucking crater with 50 henchmen positioned outside at various distances to take him out. lol, gonna simply punch the first guy with the rifle, take his rifle and kill everyone holding rifles outside aiming/focusing on me. don't even need cover lol.

>female love interest decides to walk away from all the action only to be captured as bait for dumb evil game later.

>expert spies and agents make stupid decisions and do NO spying or use NO stealth whatsoever.

>stormtrooper aim against protagonist
>>
File: 1459895862930.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1459895862930.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>67925305
>being chased by horses\dogs
>in every shot they're right behind them!
>in the next shot they're far away from the dogs\horses
>they manage to run away
>>
>>67927916

Tell that to my uncle who went bonkers after the Vietnam. He killed at least 3 dozen people (according to his squadmates, dad & medal/award citations) and started drinking heavily after returning to civilian life. Many vets in that era ended up killing themselves, especially those that were in the combat arms.
>>
>>67927894
I would say that's a fair point, but it hits people differently. Friend of mine got back from Afghanistan, said he slept decent over there but once he was home he couldn't sleep from the night terrors that he'd never had before. Started taking benadryl every night, more and more, until he was getting delirious every night. Eventually switched over to dope, finally regained some sanity at the cost of his health.

I will agree though that it's generally a good thing when taking lives is shown to have ramifications in a plot relevant way.
>>
>>67925305
>Hero removes mask/helmet
>Perfect hair
>Double points when superheroes does the same and no obvious face paint around eyes

Daredevil season 2 is a huge offender of the second part.
>>
File: 1446839094001.png (347 KB, 639x435) Image search: [Google]
1446839094001.png
347 KB, 639x435
Characters lying to each other for no other reason but to generate conflict later on.
>>
>>67928425
Your uncle killed 36 people? That's an unusually high number for one man, even in vietnam. I suspect you're lying faggot, but why?
>>
>>67928540
Fucking this
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67925305
>heroes kill countless faceless mooks and soldiers
>but they can't kill the big bad because they'll be just as bad as him
>>
>>67925305
Characters don't talk to each other like human beings to create plot inducing misunderstanding because the writer is too lazy to think if a plausible way to create intrigue.
>But I can explain!
>I don't want to hear about it! *walks away instead of listening to his side of things like a rational person*
>>
File: arino.png (259 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
arino.png
259 KB, 640x480
>Movie has bad guys who are bad because they feel like being bad and we're know they're bad guys because the director made sure to tell us to our fucking faces that those are the bad guys.
>Good guys are good and want to stop bad guys because that's what movies are about, apparently.
t. every capeshit movie ever made.

Are American audiences too stupid to understand that good and evil don't exist? The Nazis were the good guys according to the Nazis...
>>
>>67925305
Well BvS averted that and had humanity hating superman for deaths he wasn't even responsible for, and the masses hated it.
>>
>>67925305
>Kills countless henchman
>Refuses to kill main bad guy because "that's the right thing to do"
>>
>>67925305
This. Fucking Finn is a hypocritical asshole.
>Doesn't want to obey orders to kill civilians.
>Laments how he's done with killing
>Quips jokes while gunning down the people he was raised with alongside a complete stranger.
Finn's not a hero, he's a sociopath.
>>
>>67928540
I think the worse one is when they aren't lying, just being incredibly vague.

There's nothing worse than two people who aren't enemies who aren't being direct with each other and it always lead to some unecessary bullshit
>>
File: Hero.jpg (39 KB, 400x417) Image search: [Google]
Hero.jpg
39 KB, 400x417
>>67928608
German detected
>>
>>67925305
>Character gets shot
>They take him into A&E
>"It's okay guys, we got the bullet out. Everything's fine now"
>>
>>67928608
It all comes down to the villian. Without villains the hero doesn't exist.

If you nail the villain, then the rest fall into place. That's why the dark knight was so well received, but merkel movies always feel lacking.
>>
>Love interest/side character is angry or feeling betrayed by main character.
>Main character keeps being interrupted or fails entirely to simply explain the situation with a few well worded sentences.
>Conflict continues
>>
>>67927868
Well normally it's because if he kills the bad guy something terrible will happen.

You've got to realize in a movie it's ok for the protagonist to kill 1000 people so long as it's for self defense.
>>
>American action movie
>Characters go to London
>Every noteworthy London landmark is only around the next corner from each point
>>
>>67928540
>It is a "one of the Winchester brothers does not tell the other he is neck deep in some kind of demonic/angelic shit slowly killing him/making him crazy" episode.
>>
File: 1454628879324.gif (3 MB, 509x395) Image search: [Google]
1454628879324.gif
3 MB, 509x395
>>67928723
>American action movie
>Characters go to <Insert any major city here>
>Every noteworthy landmark is only around the next corner from each point
>>
>>67928761
>>
>>67928671
Medieval version:
>Gets shot by arrow
>Immediately pulls out arrow in one pull
>Yup, he's fine, no risk of bleeding to death from this new hole
>No no, the arrow didn't scrape off additional flesh when it's being pulled out

Fucking arrows do more damage when it's pulled out than when it pierces the body.
>>
>>67928796
Also, didn't they put poison and shit on the end of arrows?
>>
>Golden Gate Bridge gets destroyed
>>
>Character falls to the ground after being shot, presumed dead.
>It's a shoulder/upper arm wound.
>>
>>67928810
>and shit
Especially shit. If that arrow doesn't kill you, the horrible, slow gangrenous death from the archer's last breakfast will.
>>
>>67928541

Not lying about his service and he wasn't the average grunt, but one of them green beret guys. Killed himself in the mid 90s and I've been collecting information about his service and life, the war took a serious toll on him. And he most likely ended up killing more than 36, which is an abnormal amount but it certainly didn't do him any favors.
>>
>Character gets punched square in the face
>No blood whatsoever
>>
>>67928425
So your uncle was Rambo?
>>
"How long have you been standing there?"
"Long enough"
>>
>>67928858
I've been headbutted and punched square in the face in bar fights and it left no visible signs of damage. Hurts like fuck though.
>>
>>67926537
>Spider-man 3's final fight
Critical mass
>>
File: tips3.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tips3.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>67927973
Yeah, that's so gay. Not like these modern movies where guys in spandex run around having cgi slap fight and cry whenever someone dies.
>>
>>67928879
Huh. Fair enough
>>
>Characters speaking on phone
>Finish conversation
>Hang up without even saying "goodbye"
>>
>Two swordsmen aimimg each other's sword instead of their clearly exposed arm/elbows/hands/legs.

If two swordsmen has been swinging at each other for a minute, then they're shit swordsmen.

>Swordsman blocks (blocks, not even parries) striked with the edge of his sword.
>Swordsmen with shields not being behind said shield 95% of the fight.
>Swords making a schwing sound when pulled out of scabbard
That means the blade is being grated with another metal, slowly breaking he sword each time.

>Katanas shown as the ultimate weapon even though it has a fragile thin blade that should break against anything not soft flesh.

I can go on...
>>
>>67928638
Yeah, I was just rewatching it the other day and laughed about the absurdity of this. He blasts down his childhood buddies like there's no tomorrow.
>>
Not sure if these are considered tropes, but:
>bad guy gets hold of the throat of the good guy
>instead of crushing his windpipe they slowly choke the air out of them

>bad guy has several chances to kill good guy, but instead opts for nonlethal attacks when the good guy is open
>>
>>67928541
Probably killed unarmed civilian.
>>
File: 1451197803001.jpg (84 KB, 1236x720) Image search: [Google]
1451197803001.jpg
84 KB, 1236x720
Sidekick, love interest, or supporting character whose only job is to pontificate, and eventually all the pontificating gets through to the lead resulting in a halfassed catharsis.
>>
>>67928995
I don't think katanas are that fragile dude
>>
Not really a trope, but something that bothers me with filmmaking.....

>Fight scene with hero vs mob of enemies
>They fight the hero 1 at a time while the rest dance around in the background doing stupid karate moves.
>>
>>67926266
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onvfnqj-LbI
>>
>>67929004
Goddammit Finn could've been a ruthless veteran stormtrooper that got jaded with the Empire and becomes a cynical and pragmatic mentor to Rey. Instead we got a bipolar goody two shoes that dispenses quips for cheap laughs.
>>
>>67928534
The Daredevil mask doesn't have eyeholes though, it's just a sculpted face with solid red eyes
>>
>>67929106
True, but in season two whenever he removes/puts on his helmet he's not shown removing/putting on the cowl thats underneath the helmet. It's a same (if even worse) mistake.
>>
>>67928864

More like a fat/muscle manlet.
>>
>>67929006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

There were no civilians in 'nam
>>
>>67925305
>Big bad goes out of their way to protect their henchmen/sends them away to avoid further carnage.

I swear I've only seen it once or twice, but it always made me like the character more.
>>
>>67927997
It's worse if it's a shotgun.

>that scene in Hot Fuzz when they are assaulting the shopping center
>*chick chick, *chick chick hickchichichkchkichkcc
>>
>>67928541
I dunno man if you're a machine gun operator or something I'd imagine you could rack them up fairly quickly.
>>
>>67928723
>Go to London
>Terrorist Music starts playing
>>
>>67928796
I liked that in Bravtheart.

>guy snaps off the ends of the arrows, keeps on fighting
>after the battle screams in agony having the arrow removed.
>>
>>67928723
They kinda are. Just take a quick stroll along the Thames and you've seen most of them.
>>
>>67928839
>gets back up
>had a vest on
>takes the vest off

I never understood this, is the vest basically ruined after being hit? If so wouldn't it be better to keep it on with the higher chance of it protecting you better than your skin? I mean I know some of the bulkier ones are a pain to move around in so if the character wanted to go fast ditching the vest is a good move.

Then again they could just ditch the vest because they can't pull the same trick later on and now the risk of the character getting seriously injured is higher now adding to tension.
>>
>>67925305
fuck you, faggot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuH4e-_Ttf4
>>
>>67928677
Check em
>>
>one shot in torso kills a man

>shoot a guy
>blood immediately splatters
>>
fuck it
>>
>>67930227
this
>>
>guy shoots himself in the head
>blood everywhere

Yeah, IRL you don't actually see anything until someone's on the ground for a little while (unless you use a really, really heavy rifle).

What's a movie/show that handles this realistically?
>>
>>67925305
>Makes stupid frog post
>doesnt post stupid frog
It aint me to be honest famiglia.
>>
>>67930149
Usually a shot is enough to shatter the ceramic in heavier vests, so you'd be walking around with loose shards in a pocket on your chest.
The problem here is WALKING after getting shot. Vest or no, you're out if you're shot. Not dead, but out.
>>
>>67930224
>>67930260

That's what I don't get about most movies. They could just use a blast of air to move the person's hair or shirt and it'd be pretty much real-world accurate. If a person gets shot and they're wearing clothes, there's not going to any immediate obvious blood at the entry wound. It's like they decided to make it harder on themselves.

Also
>person gets shot in the brain, doesn't immediately go 100% limp and crumple.
>>
>>67930379

I guess you could call that how people expect things to be. Also lots of blood and falling down in a flashy fashion probably looks more cooler.
>>
>strong female type
>wears a tank top and dies nearly half way through the story
>>
>>67930260
>guy shoots someone in the head
>guy behind him doesn't get hit by the exiting bullet but instead is hit by wave of blood
>>
>>67928590
This one drives me crazy. Especially in any movie with romance.

>You did a thing I don't like, we can't be together!
> I can explain!
>No.
Then later on, the lover hears the truth and realizes their mistake.
>>
>>67928995
>katanas are fragile
*unsheathes my katana slightly with my thumb* I wouldn't go on if you want to keep your head, kiddo
>>
>>67928921
AAAAARGH!!! FUCKING THIS!
>>
>>67929207
i never understood what this dudes fucking problem was he just saw a dude shooting at some people it's not like he even sees gory corpses he has absolutely no reason to throw up even if he disagrees with killing civilians
>>
>>67932278
Are you by any chance autistic?
>>
>>67931338
My wife's boyfriend is an avid katana collector as well, we should all get together and compare blades
>>
>>67928921
Fucking Dexter
>>
>>67932394
Actually yes but that's besides the point. the dude next to the photographer guy isn't throwing up either. it's just stupid man i hate that scene

actually the second part after pyle shoots himself was just stupid

kubrick was such a fucking talentless hack he couldn't stretch it into a full movie and had to add that shitty vietnam part
>>
File: cannedhuman.jpg (29 KB, 236x600) Image search: [Google]
cannedhuman.jpg
29 KB, 236x600
>>67931338
My guffaws were indeed thunderous at the sight of thy toothpick.
>>
>>67932590
>implying pleb armour could withstand a teleportation slash from even a mid level katana weilder

Faggot.
>>
>>67927877
>being a retarded manchild
>>
CHARACTERS WALKING AROUND WITH OBVIOUSLY EMPTY MUGS AND BOTTLES AND TAKING FAKE SIPS! JUST PUT SOME FUCKING WATER IN IT IT IS SO FUCKING FAKE! YOU SEE IT ONCE AND YOU CAN NEVER UNSEE IT! IT IS ALL OVER TV AND MOVIES! FUCK! JUST DRINK HOT COFFEE IN THE SCENE WITH FUCKING HOT FUCKING COFFEE!!!
>>
>>67925305
>protagonist gets into knock down drag out fight
>next scene is barely bruised, not injured or in obvious pain
>>
>>67933340
This. Ok, after the 7th take that coffee/beer may be a bit too much to sip. But shit, at least put a liquid in the cups. Or if you're afraid of spills, a play doh or SOMETHING to weigh the cups down.
>>
File: 1357958949474.jpg (12 KB, 461x303) Image search: [Google]
1357958949474.jpg
12 KB, 461x303
>>67925305
Kind of similar
>dozens of faceless, nameless henchmen offed without a second guess
>hero has moral struggle with killing the big bad guy controlling them/spares the big bad guy
>>
>>67932278
The idea of seeing someone enjoy mass killing makes him sick you egdy faggot.
>>
>>67928671
>character gets shot
>does self surgery and just patches up the wound like nothig happened
>>
>>67928065
to be fair a lot of those cliches were pioneered in james bond movies
>>
>>67930149
You'd probably want to catch your breath after being shot in the chest.
>>
>>67926642
Kek, I liked black science man in that short scene spouting pretentious nihilism.
>>
>>67929006
Hippie scum
>>
>>67933411
>IF YOU KILL HIM, YOU'LL BE JUST AS BAD AS HIM
>YOU, THE FLAWLESS HERO WHO KILLED HUNDREDS OF HENCHMEN
>WILL BE JUST AS BAD AS THE VILLAIN WHO SO FAR HAS KILLED MAYBE ONE TENTH OF THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE
>>
>>67932278
i always assumed he was sick because he'd never ridden in a helicopter before, airsickness or something like that
>>
File: 59556_patera_head_lg.gif (152 KB, 1024x1009) Image search: [Google]
59556_patera_head_lg.gif
152 KB, 1024x1009
>>67926537
i dont think this even has a place in non-sci fi (house of cards i'm looking at you.)

it just really drives home the point that "news channels" and "newsmen" are literal entertainment machines and actors.
>>
File: 1439210388318.gif (12 KB, 281x258) Image search: [Google]
1439210388318.gif
12 KB, 281x258
>>67928541
>>67928425
>>67928864
didnt say the people he killed were enemy soldiers. could have been - MOST LIKELY - women and kids
>>
>>67927094
the only time this was done okay was in He Never Died where the only reason he let Steven Ogg live was because he had to get his daughter to the hospital
>>
>>67925305
>>The heroes kill countless numbers of people and feel no remorse for it whatsoever
>>We're supposed to relate to them and look up to them
>the only way to connect to a character is through their remorse for an action I've never even done before
lmao
>>
>>67928761
Check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojm74VGsZBU
>>
>>67925305
I'm actually frustrated how big deal killing always is, even if the character was in a profession that possibly involves taking lives. Usually it's the surrounding cast that bothers me with their constant ''there's gotta be another way. you're a murderer just like them.''bullshit.
>>
>>67931338
*steps out from the shadows*
*casually but firmly place my gloved hand on the hilt of my zanpakuto*

sheesh...what's with all the big....fuss? why doesn't we all settle down, before any pony gets .... hurt.
>>
>>67927935
>some pulls a sword out of a leather sheath
>SHINNNG
>>
>>67936689
I like his videos but I can't stand his voice and intonation
>>
>WW2 movie
>Nazi Germany/Fascism is the bad guy
>>
>>67937016
I think one of the most obnoxious cliches is when the hero decides to be merciful, and then the villain makes one last ditch effort to kill him, allowing the hero to off the bastard in self defense so he doesn't look like a cold-blooded killer
>>
>>67937573
What about the villain stalls themselves/moves slow/taunts for no reason, giving the good guys JUST enough time for whatever bullshit?

Or in medieval movies where the good guys run right into enemies and somehow manage to not get immediately stabbed?
>>
>make an effort in hiding the monster from plain sight to create tension and atmosphere
>last 10 minutes show the protag struggling with the monster in all its terrible CGI glory
>>
>>67937278
>fires gun
>slide doesn't move
>bullet hits
as seen on TWD S06E15 when Dwight shot (at) Daryl
>>
>>67930952
>strong female type
>is a total dickhead for no other reason than just to look "badass"

I fucking hate that shit. Badass male characters can still be badass without being assholes.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 300x400
>>67926451
pic related
>>
>>67929932
>Hot Fuzz
The whole point of the movie is to make fun of generic action flicks
>>
Noises, audible actions.
>Pulls sword out of leather scabbard
SCHWING! Like metal on metal

>Lands a punch, a kick, a headbutt
TCHWACK! Like a boxing glove on punching bag.

>Moves a gun in any way
CHKKACHKCHKCLICK! Like a whole platoon just reloaded their rifles.

>Horse on full gallop in the woods
TAKATAK TAKATAK! Like coconuts

None of these actions make any noise (maybe the galloping horse, but thats because a half ton animal is running).
>>
>>67932278
i thought it was airsickness
>>
>>67939135
Half of those you just pulled out of your ass.
>>
>>67939135
>>Moves a gun in any way
>CHKKACHKCHKCLICK! Like a whole platoon just reloaded their rifles.
every MGS scene
>>
>I think my arm is broken
>Wraps some tissue around it
>Continues shooting single-handed
>>
>take a shit
>doesn't bleed
>>
>>67928540
fucking force awakens.
>>
The male lead and female lead kissing each other passionately around a bunch of corpses or during a massive event that's killing people around them

see:
>Jurassic World
>Man of Murder
>>
>>67939135
the answer to most of these is simple, the sounds were created at a time when effects were more primitive, and audiences got so used to them that if a film uses realistic sound effects now it will seem unrealistic to them and stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>67927094
hahah so much fucking this
>>
>people driving across the city to meet and they just say two lines then drive away
>they do this constantly throughout the TV series
>>
>>67939986
And it's called the Coconut Effect from the galloping example. Back during the era of radio to convey that a character is riding a horse they clapped coconut shells together. It stuck and now people thinks horses sounds like coconuts.
>>
>>67939632
you don't watch too many older movies, do you?
>>
>>67939681
MGS scene?!
>>
>character gets shot and limbs broken
>patches themselves back up in 2 minutes and continues as if they were never injured at all
>>
>>67926642
why does he act like hes the greatest shit to grace the earth?
>>
>>67940064
fuck you faggot, paul verhoeven is my favorite director

I bet you like snyder, capefag
>>
>>67928534
EVERY Batman movie does this

>clearly has black makeup around his eyes to make him scarier or whatever
>gets unmasked and his face is totally clean underneath
>>
>>67928425
Yeah loads of Vietnam vets killed selves, it was unprecedented, and hasn't happened again, I wonder if Vietnam was a hellhole in which people committed atrocities they couldn't live with afterwards, maybe if killing itself was so bad all the ww1,2, and every other soldier ever would have killed themselves.
>>
>>67930379
It's because it looks cooler I guess. People want to see blood and gore.
>>
>>67940176
I meant older as in before you were born, kiddo. Those sound effects are extremely common in Hollywood films from the 1930's up through the 1970's.

Next time don't enter a discussion about things you know nothing about, like film
>>
File: 1458633419931.jpg (14 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1458633419931.jpg
14 KB, 256x256
>>67930379
>that moment you realize videogames that make characters ragdoll immediately upon death are actually more realistic
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 201x251
>>67940215
This. I love batman but damn, it wouldn't even look that bad to have a black line across Bruce Waynes eyes whenever he unmasks.
>>
>>67933340
FUCKING this. Or at least fill it with water. It's so obvious they're empty when one character hands one to another.

Its worse when they put an empty coffee cup down on a table and you can actually hear that its empty
>>
>>67940302

fight for nothing vs international clusterfuck fight for survival. Vietnam was a literally why war and the soldiers knew it
>>
>>67928921
i do this all the time
>>
>>67936689
Living in Vancouver takes me out of almost every TV show and film these days because I can always point out the landmarks.

The only movie I couldn't tell was Watchmen.
>>
>>67940176
>names random great director to show he knows movies (even though we don't give a fuck)
>get a hissy fit over nothing
I'm surprised it took this long in the thread to get one of these.
>>
File: creeper batman.png (335 KB, 1022x574) Image search: [Google]
creeper batman.png
335 KB, 1022x574
>>67940215
Didn't one of the Batman movies have him with black around the eyes when he tore off his mask?
I can't remember.
>>
>>67940335
>>
>>67928540
Literally the entirety of son's of anarchy.
>>
>>67940557
>gets BTFO
>posts fedora.jpg
I can taste the tears
>>
>>67929006
ANYONE WHO RUNS IS A VC. ANYONE WHO STANDS STILL IS A WELL DISCIPLINED VC
>>
>>67926451
>hurr don't need no climax
>>
>>67929053
FUCKING THIS
>>
>mooks all wearing bullproof armor or legit armor
>main character guns them all down anyway

What the fuck is the point of the armor then? Even the handgun rounds go right through
>>
>>67942027
>stormtrooper armor
>doesn't stop blasterfire
>>
>"smart" characters says anything
>ENGLISH PLEASE
>>
>>67929932
I think you missed the point of that movie famalam
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.