[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rate this movie out of 10 >rate this movie, relative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>rate this movie out of 10

>rate this movie, relative to other movies like it (mainstream, adventure, fighting, etc.) out of 10

7/10
-could have explored the French a little more (maybe)
-could have connected me just a little bit more with current world events
-could have had more resolutions than just the final battle

10/10
-a lot of different types of conflict (storm, superstition, mutiny, war)
-beautiful sets
-beautiful costumes
-Crowe doesn't seem all-knowing
>>
>tfw not on a becalmed ship
>>
>>67914859
4/10
>>
>>67914859
3/10, I didn't really understand it
>>
>>67914859
8/10
>>
File: 1455983515317.jpg (41 KB, 375x592) Image search: [Google]
1455983515317.jpg
41 KB, 375x592
>>67914859
This film is almost perfect.

The books are pretty great too.

>could have explored the French a little more (maybe)

Wouldn't fit the feeling of isolation and camaraderie the crew (and by extension the audience) feel

>>67915056
>>67915059
WOMEN IN A MASTER AND COMMANDER THREAD GTFO REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67915056

>>67915059

Pls be in London.
>>
8/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Igooxb4D1c
>>
>>67915092
isnt the books more like james bond out at sea on a pirate ship
>>
>or are you in the mood for something more aggressive?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVSm_3IYyP4
>>
>>67915196
If James Bond was a bit overweight and relied on luck and his ugly manlet friend all the time then yeah.
>>
>>67914859
Compared to other movies like it I'd probably give it a 9/10, It's not a masterpiece but it makes other similar movies like the Pirates of the Caribbean series look like wet dogshit by comparison. The book is on my list of books to read, dunno how much of a faithful adaption it was. Two things that particularly impressed me were that:
A. It focused on a relatively obscure part of history(The Napoleonic Wars outside of Europe)
B. It didn't white wash history, most of the sailors were there against their will, even showing child soldiers is pretty taboo, showing them actually dying during combat is very rare
>>
>>67915136
Probably tumblr due to the echochamber hugbox environment, /pol/ is more desensitized to trolls trying to get a reaction out of them
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.