[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Tagomi-san so based?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: tagomi.jpg (161 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
tagomi.jpg
161 KB, 612x380
>>
>>67906826

YOUR SOUL IS MINE
>>
eh kills jews and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
File: TeamTagomi.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
TeamTagomi.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>>67906893
No u
>>
nobody remembers this show
>>
File: Tagomeeee.jpg (74 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
Tagomeeee.jpg
74 KB, 640x424
>>67907016
U wanna say that to my face
>>
its worth to watch? i saw like 3 or 4 chapters and it felt too slow, and kinda boring
>>
File: 1339509474758.png (29 KB, 194x255) Image search: [Google]
1339509474758.png
29 KB, 194x255
2nd season when?
>>
>>67907240

John Smith is the hero this world deserves

>cowardly terrorists ambush him and kill his friend and rather than execute the lone unarmed survivor he arrests him

GOAT
>>
File: gerbils.png (170 KB, 263x368) Image search: [Google]
gerbils.png
170 KB, 263x368
Holy fuck how do you mess up a show this badly
>regular american average joes on one side
>literal nazis and imperial japs on the other

>write the americans to be liars, cowards, cheaters, ruthless killers and all-around bastards
>write the nazis and japs to be strong, proud, honest, honorable, family-oriented, dutiful and loyal even in the face of their own deaths

Did /pol/ write this shit? It was literally impossible not to root for Tagomi, Kido and Smith.
>>
>>67907466

>mess up

I'd say they did the right thing, writing Axis characters as mustache twirling baby eaters is easy, way harder to make them relatable
>>
>tfw you will never be Obergruppenfuhrer Smith
>>
>>67907588
but they made the "good guys" so utterly despicable that there's no way to like them. I'd consider writing nazis with all the features and characteristics of good guys and writing regular americans with all the features and characteristics of bad guys is messing it up, unless they were actively trying to make me hate that fucking karate bitch and her untrustworthy lying shitheel love-affair. Frank was a piece of shit too.
>>
>>67907692

Maybe you've been rooting for the wrong people all along, just think to yourself, how can anyone who wears Hugo Boss be a bad guy?
>>
File: he's right.jpg (12 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
he's right.jpg
12 KB, 260x194
>>67907936
>>
>>67907692
Well, realistically, Nazis and the Japanese would definitely be more family oriented, proud, dutiful, loyal etc., it's a crucial part of their culture.
But I understand what you're trying to say, the karate bitch and the rest of the good guys are chasing those films the entire season dreaming about a better world, but I haven't seen anything too bad happening in the world they're currently in.
>>
File: mio.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
mio.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>67907968
b-but muh america! muh freedom pride!
>>
>>67908016

>you never had your America
>you never even had your apple pie
>>
>>67908006
I mean, they kinda shot karategirls sister and gassed frank's sister, it's not like the show isn't portraying the fascists as ruthless on a societal level, but the actual characters meant to represent this regime are all super likeable and contain all the qualities of a traditional protagonist.

Meanwhile you got Joe who's a turncoat liar who only thinks with his dick and has nothing he believes in, you got karate bitch who's disloyal, dishonest, and selfish. You got Frank who's a weak coward who keeps dragging fuckers down with him, from his sister to the antiquarian to his best fucking friend. How am I supposed to root for these people, no matter the throwaway comments about the hospital burning the terminally ill on wednesdays?
>>
>>67908289
>I mean, they kinda shot karategirls sister and gassed frank's sister
Even they were killed just because of the film reels basically. I haven't read the book, but judging from the show, I don't think you have to sympathize and root for the allies and against the axis as far as the characters go. i mean it's Phillip Dick, he wouldn't resort to writing black and white characters like that.
Most of the time I'm rooting for based Smith anyway
>>
>>67907692
The only likable 'good' guy was weeb and jew
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.