[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Nick Fury actually a cool badass in the comics? I mean I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 322.png (705 KB, 1094x564) Image search: [Google]
322.png
705 KB, 1094x564
Is Nick Fury actually a cool badass in the comics?

I mean I'm assuming he's not basically an 'old venerable wise guy' cliche character and basically useless like he seems to be in the marvel movies, right?
>>
>>67902948
He's badass. Well at least White Fury is. But he's a jerk and son of a bitch. Never really read anything badass with Sam Jackson Fury but I assume he is too. I actually prefer Black Fury over White Fury.
>>
>>67902948
He's WAYYYYYYYYYYYY cooler in the comics

I dn why they more or less reduced him to a side show 'round up da gang lel' guy but, oh well.
>>
File: NickFuryWallCrash.jpg (629 KB, 1000x717) Image search: [Google]
NickFuryWallCrash.jpg
629 KB, 1000x717
White Fury all the way.
>>
>>67902948
German Nick Fury is infinitely cooler than Black Nick Fury.
>>
In the comics Nick Fury is an impossible badass who's literally immortal and controls everything behind the scenes.
>>
>>67902948
Yes, till they replace him with a black dude
>>
It was funny watching him get BTFO in Winter Soldier
>>
The marvel movies made the same mistake as the prequels: you cast Sam Jackson and the character's default setting is badass.

But then he does nothing badass at all.

But he's not.
>>
>>67902948
The white Fury is pretty cool (I only know him from the 70's and 80's comics) I don't know what's being made of him nowadays since everybody in the marvel universe is dead, I think.
>>
File: Nick+Fury_Steranko.jpg (169 KB, 560x850) Image search: [Google]
Nick+Fury_Steranko.jpg
169 KB, 560x850
Nick Fury is an awesome character. His Strange Tales Agent of Shield stories written by Jim Steranko are some of my favorites in the entire world of comics. Strange Tales was a book that was a double feature of a Nick Fury and Doctor Strange story, both suave, pragmatic Odyssean types who often fiund themselves trapped in extra dimensional landscapes where they would have to outwit the entities that dwelled there and escape, with Odysseus in the cave of Polyphemus.

Nick Fury was always one of the more complex characters in the marvel universe, never really conforming to any mold. He was a WWII commando in the 40's fighting the Axis Powers and Hydra, who was promoted as a James Bknd style secret agent in the 50's and 60's to continue his fight against megalomaniac super villains with armies of henchmen, evil lairs and visions of world domination. Nick Fury came know the inner workings of how these types think, and when he became the Director of Shield, he operated with the exact same methodology as one of these mastermind supervillain types in assembling his army of henchmen and his lair filled with superweapons. He built Shield from ex villains, assassins and mercenaries that he met throughout his life.
>>
File: black nick fury.jpg (2 MB, 2953x4609) Image search: [Google]
black nick fury.jpg
2 MB, 2953x4609
>>67903082
>He's WAYYYYYYYYYYYY cooler in the comics
This. He's also 100x smarter, unlike Black Fury.
>>
File: Nick_Fury_002p[1].jpg (165 KB, 900x1341) Image search: [Google]
Nick_Fury_002p[1].jpg
165 KB, 900x1341
Classic Fury is cool as ice.
>>
>>67903749

Ultimate Nick Fury wasn't that bad. He was certainly cooler than modern black Fury.
>>
>>67903749
yea you holster that gun there

you holster it good
>>
>>67903849
He holstered that ass
>>
File: Nick_Fury_006_03.jpg (178 KB, 900x1368) Image search: [Google]
Nick_Fury_006_03.jpg
178 KB, 900x1368
>>67903604
Jim Steranko's Nick Fury, at least in my opinion, is the fullest realization of what a comic book hero should be. His stories brought out the full potential of the insane universe of Marvel, spanning across extra dimensional time and space, with Fury being the most versatile kind of pulp hero that somehow could fit in perfectly in any setting and make it work.

You'll never see comics made quite like this one anymore. Even it's art is exceptionally good.
>>
>>67903848
He was the ultimate asshole in an universe of complete douchebags.
>>
File: steranko-fury-4.png (411 KB, 465x434) Image search: [Google]
steranko-fury-4.png
411 KB, 465x434
>>67903987
There's seriously few things cooler than Cosmic Nick Fury. That kind of art is incredible
>>
Ultimate Fury was an asshole but he was based.
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>67903987
And then secret wars shows up and kills the marvel universe, reducing comics to mere marketing tools.

fuck marvel. its dead now.
>>
>modern /tv/
>>
At least Winter Soldier is as cool as he is in the comics
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.