[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: TOP 5 KUNG FU MOVIES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Forbidden-Kingdom.jpg (215 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Forbidden-Kingdom.jpg
215 KB, 1280x1024
>Forbidden Kingdom
>Ip man 1/2
>Kung fu hustle
>Enter the dragon

whats the fifth piece of KungfuKino
>>
>>67902880
>movie with jackie chan and jet li
>most of the movie is focused on boring white kid mc
>>
>>67902880
Drunken master 2 senpai
>>
>>67902899

>implying that Jet Li and Jackie chan do not have the most fights.

dreadlocked alcoholic jackie is based.
>>
>>67902880
You have the worst taste this side of imdb
>>
>>67903016
well whats your list then
>>
>>67902955
Drunken Master 1 and 2 are so fucking good.
>>
Ip Man 1
Drunken Master 2
Once Upon a Time in China 2
Iron Monkey
Swordsman 2
>>
File: index.png (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.png
8 KB, 225x225
>>67903134
patrician
>>
>>67903134
Ip Man 1 - Donnie Yen is unstoppable as Ip Man, which is both pro and con to the movie since you never feel like he's in any danger. But god damn that 1 vs 10 fight is glorious.

Drunken Master 2 - Best fighting movie, period. Perfect mix of comedy, action, group fight and one on one fight. Who knew a human leg can movie like that.

Once upon a Time in China 2 - Jet Lee delivers one of the most epic group beat downs in movie history as he takes on an entire cult. Only to be topped by the finale featuring the best staff fighting recorded on film against Donnie Yen

Iron Monkey - Donnie Yen teams up with a Chinese Robin Hood to deliver some solid and creative action. If the story itself is rather unremarkable.

Swordman 2 - Best Fantasy Kungfu since the 90s. Jet Li ditches his 2 QT girlfriends and falls for a Superpowered Trap who self castrated to achieve ultimate power. Also features ninja, telekinetic swords, voodoo priestiess, and an old master who is a spirit energy vampire!

Grandmasters - Wong Kar Wai does Kung Fu. Unlike most entries here, he trained actors to fight instead of having fighters learn how to act, with competent results. Very beautifully shot with a very incoherent story. Kind of switched focus mid way from Ip Man to the Chick Ip Man almost boffed.

New Dragon Gate Inn - Best Eunuch Movie, which should not be a foreign concept if you're into Kung Fu movies. A group of rebels is trapped in a frontier inn with their eunuch pursuers in a battle of wits and skills. Donnie Yen shows up again as the big bad.

Shanghai 13 - 13 experts of martial arts fought each other to get some VIP to safety. The whole movie is a long chase scene with Shaw Brothers era kung fu stars dropping in and getting offed. A baby faced Andy Lau shows up briefly. Good luck finding a decent copy.
>>
File: 1261616795751.jpg (13 KB, 430x304) Image search: [Google]
1261616795751.jpg
13 KB, 430x304
the Prodigal son

>that dinner fight
>>
>Donnie Yen movies
Fuck off
>>
>>67902880
>Kung fu hustle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDr1MD2a1aM
I feel the urge to remove injustice from premises everytime I watch this scene.
>>
>>67904333

confirmed for pleb
>>
>>67904272
Shit I gotta watch Shanghai 13, too bad Gordon Liu isn't in it
>>
>>67904347
god damn this movie has the best music. the two harpists scene is amazing too
>>
Ong Bak 1

It's mui tai but fuck you, still a "kung fu" movie to me

>flaming roundhouse kicks to the dome-piece like jerome's niece
>>
Last Hurrah for Chivalry - this is essentially the Killer of kung fu movies, glorious set design and a plot that's actually pretty compelling

Heroes of the East - China vs Japan, second half is just fight after fight after fight

Eight Diagram Pole fighter - the opening and end fights are fucking glorious

Five Elements Ninja - Chang Cheh at this best and most creative

Crippled Avengers - a bunch of crippled people learn kung fu, wtf else do you want?
>>
In no order in particular except for number one:

1st: Drunken Master 1&2- Yes, I'm counting them as one whole movie because asking to choose between them is sin. They're hilarious with badass action.

2: Police Story series- counting them as one whole movie too, because fuck you. They're funny and the action is incredible. Never seen any movie since then to have that level of detail in the fights and action scenes.

3: The Raid 1&2: Purely off of the fights and Mad Dog. I couldn't give a shit about the story or characters.

4: Hero. Not sure if Wuxia counts, but Hero is an amazing movie, even if it's Chinese propaganda.

5: Wheel on Meals/My Lucky Star series. Funny, even if not that much action, but still great.

6: Kung Fu Hustle - nothing to say about it besides it's great humor and action. Needs to be more movies like it.

7: Ip Man 1, 2, 3 - good stories, even if they're Chinese propaganda. Good characters, and great action.
>>
>>67902880
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
Kung Fu Panda 3
Beverly Hills Ninja
Kung Fury
>>
>>67904558
The only patrician ITT although id swap out Crippled Avengers for Clan of the White Lotus
>>
>>67904724
>implying that's not a top-tier joke
>>
>>67904656
Both are superb, especially the ending of Clan where Liu freeze frames in midair having just killed Pai Mei
>>
Guys, help, after watching Ip Man for a school project a few years back I experience an intense adrenaline rush and immense happiness whenever I see Donnie Yen.

What do I do?
>>
File: 1408284080327.png (190 KB, 770x980) Image search: [Google]
1408284080327.png
190 KB, 770x980
>>67902880
>top 5
>names 6 movies
>>
>>67904654
>Kung Fu Panda 2 not over Kung Fu Panda

2 was better than 1 tho.
>>
>>67904918
It will fade, my boy. I experienced the same with Jackie Chan after marathoning all his movies up until the late 90's.

Life is boring. Chan makes you forgot that for a few hours.
>>
>>67904272
>Shanghai 13
dis?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzsu26xvark
>>
>>67904960
I thought so too, brother. That fucking Peacock made me cry
>>
>>67904986
yes this
>>
File: pedicab-driver.jpg (70 KB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
pedicab-driver.jpg
70 KB, 718x404
Get some taste bros. Here is the only non pleb list on this thread:

1. The Prodigal Son
2. Pedicab Driver
3. The Young Master
4. Project A
5. Spooky Encounters
>>
File: 1459844486797.png (70 KB, 691x282) Image search: [Google]
1459844486797.png
70 KB, 691x282
Here's some info on kung fu.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.