[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any super hero that comes close to Watchmen? Watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Is there any super hero that comes close to Watchmen? Watched Winter Soldier recently but it was really visually uninspired.
>>
>>67889007
Please discuss back on reddit
>>
>>67889007
>Is there any super hero that comes close to Watchmen?
What? GOTG felt new
>>
>comes close to Watchmen
You mean in terms of overall terrible filmmaking, right?
>>
File: Poopoopeepee.jpg (68 KB, 780x393) Image search: [Google]
Poopoopeepee.jpg
68 KB, 780x393
>>67889036
> I-I k-know... I'l call him reddit, that'll do
>>
>>67889065
No, I meant really good filmmaking.
>>
File: bat-super.jpg (64 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
bat-super.jpg
64 KB, 900x563
>>67889007
BvS
>>
>>67889007
I've pretty much watched them all. None can ever have a hope of being philosophically equivalent to Watchmen. However the movie is only great because of the source material. Look up the Watchmen Motion Comic on youtube. It's better than any cape movie.
>>
>>67889163
Then I'm sorry to tell you this Anon but your judgment of quality is really quite retarded.
>>
>>67889243
>Look up the Watchmen Motion Comic on youtube.
>that cheap ass Flash animation
>that male voice for every female character
I'd rather watch BvS again
>>
>>67889007
literally only edgy fedoras liked that movie.
>>
>>67889323
Only people under 25 use the term "edgy fedora"
>>
>>67889375
Whatever you say, fedoralord. Have fun fapping over Rorschach's tortured past.

Watchmen has the emotional depth of a puddle.
>>
>>67889375
>Only people under 25
You're too old for this ride, gramps.
>>
>>67889269
Nope, it's not.
>>
>>67889375
get off 4chand and get a life nerd
>>
I know this is bait and OP trying to make fun on Zack Snyder, but if you genuinely really like Watchmen then watch Synder's other stuff, including BvS.
>>
>>67889323
I don't exactly get what that's supposed to mean, but yes I did like it. I'd say The Maxx by MTV was the best super hero comic book adaptation. But Watchmen would be behind it.
>>
>>67889514
Why do you think it's bait. I didn't like any of Snyder's works as much. Saw Sucker Punch, Guardians of Ga'hoole and 300. 300 was enjoyable at a cinema though. Saw it when I was 15.
>>
>>67889623
The way you're phrasing it makes it seem like you're making a dig at Snyder, maybe I'm just spending too much time on /tv/. I get what you mean about Watchmen, though. Have you seen Man of Steel? I personally thought it was a heap of shite, and I went into BvS with really low expectations. I think it's the closest youre going to get to Watchmen in the regards you're looking for. It's visually amazing film, but you really have to forgive some aspects of the plot. Also, give the DC Animated Films a go, they're excellent.
>>
>>67889623
And give V for Vendetta and Dredd a go, they're both good.
>>
>>67889770
I have to ask, what phrasing? I think you're paranoid here. Is it because I put an emphasis on visuals? Well, films are a visual medium. I don't see how someone can trivialize that aspect and call himself a cinephile. I personally prefer stylization over generic, bland visual direction.
>>
>>67889815
I'll check out Dredd, thanks.
>>
>>67889815
>V for Vendetta
Boy I think you're about to rustle some jimmies You're right though
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.