[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
faggots everywhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: much epic.png (2 MB, 1048x1099) Image search: [Google]
much epic.png
2 MB, 1048x1099
I think I finally understand why people are defending this hunk of shit

BvS is shit, don't pretend it's not. Capeshit is capeshit and it's pretty much all shit.

Capekinoposters understood this movie, and that's a novel thing for them. Snyder's clumsy metaphors are the maximum complexity that some of the faggots on /tv/ have ever grasped. So naturally they think it's the most amazing thing in the world, like how a teenager might understand that starship troopers is satire upon seeing viewing, and suddenly their sophistication dawns upon them.

Unfortunately bvs has attracted the worst kind of idiots, the idiots who don't realise they are idiots.

Even more unfortunately they think they need to share their crappy opinions with us all, and I think they genuinely believe their capekinoposting is the truth.
>>
desu it does seem like jumping between extremes. it's definitely not in the extreme people were making it out be
>>
>>67883401
stay mad pleb
>>
What an asshole
>>
>>67885099
I bet you love the Jesus comparison
>>
>>67885280
>that was like so deep anon! ;)
>>
>>67883401
You just failed the pleb test.
>>
>>67883401
T. Anus frustrated marveldrone
>>
Rotten Tomatoes critic detected.
>>
>>67883401
>BvS is shit! It's a turd! It's fucking shit!
>Anyone who disagrees with my opinion is an idiot
>Anyone who tries to justify this film is an idiot
How does it feel to just shout 'It's shit' and feel superior?
>>
>>67887261
>>67887374
Let's be reasonable lads, it's really not very good at all, are you just upset because this is your first grown up movie with guns and violence?
>>
>>67887560
There are things I like about it and there are things that I don't. But to imply that it's just understood to be shit across the board is pretty fucking ignorant on your part. It's the ignorance that bothers me - and it goes both ways, both people who say it's shit and those who praise it as genius without actually explaining why they think so.
>>
>>67887670
Stylish yet tired, stark, sterile cinematography, terrible script, pacing, plot, and unnatural choppy narrative, blunt, obvious, preachy use of metaphor. My apologies, i honestly thought these issues were all so glaring that even a child could see them. To save time from now on I'll just say shit.

Or don't take my word for it, just read a review or two.
>>
>>67887914
Pretty much this. Read a review.

Hell I watched a movie. And read the reviews. Its shit.
>>
>>67887914
>>67887947
>read a review

Hilarious.
>>
File: 1446850437401.jpg (62 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
1446850437401.jpg
62 KB, 777x656
>>67888015
>no refutation of central point
>>
>>67883401
Shut the fuck up you retard. I like this movie because it wasn't as shit as rotten tomatoes The reviewer memesite made it out to be.

>>>/out/

/thread
>>
>>67888050
Your central point is that your a faggot, and not even I could refute that.
>>
>>67888060
Poor bait d e s u

2/10 you might have got someone

>>67888083
Still waiting to hear your crushing counterpoint, I won't hold my breath
>>
>>67883401
>Even more unfortunately they think they need to share their crappy opinions with us all
oh, like youre doing right now?
>>
>>67888188
See the bottom of the pyramid here
>>67888050
>>
>>67888141
It would be better for everyone if you did hold your breath while waiting.
>>
>>67888221
name calling? i did no such thing

If you haven't realized it yet, you are what you think you despise.
>>
File: 1439290371775.png (64 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1439290371775.png
64 KB, 200x200
>>67887914
>just read a review or two.
>>
>>67887914
>blunt, obvious, preachy use of metaphor
it's hilarious to me that the people posting this are always the ones missing point of the film's visual symbolism

please anon, explain to me the narrative purpose behind the Christlike imagery surrounding Superman

hint: it's not comparing him to Christ
>>
File: 1459817351695.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1459817351695.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67888247
>>67888275
>>
>>67887914
The narrative's only choppy if you overlook that the main themes are carried visually.

Just wait, though. I'm sure a movie will come along that's more your speed where everyone explains their motivations in rhyming couplets and an accompanying PowerPoint.
>>
>>67888474
Captain America: Civil War?
>>
>>67888425
considering that hack snyder came out and said "he's jesus in the comics so we made him jesus in the movie" i think it's pretty cut and dry that the purpose is to say superman is like jesus

>inb4 you don't get it
if i dont get it then explain it

oh wait, you cant, because you are trying to make this shit up
>>
>>67888523
I can enjoy the MCU for what it brings us and enjoy this too. Just because I can appreciate pork rinds doesn't preclude me from enjoying a culinary tour de force.
>>
>>67888474
but the main themes are carried by the plot anon

the visuals might look kinda cool, but apart from the jesus thing they really lack substance, and even that is pretty thin

if you want to see a theme carried visually then watch the recent macbeth
>>
>>67888575
Forgive me, but I couldn't help but overlook your utter lack of a source.

In terms of explanation. Here:

The Christ imagery prevalent throughout both films is a visual metaphor for the central struggle of the protagonist - trying to avoid deification when his nature and environment conspire to present him to the world at large as a god.

Remember who we're talking about here, right? What is it that makes Superman super again? Stated right there in the film: his alien physiology(his nature) and the combination of our atmosphere and sun(his environment). There are key moments that in both films where we're seen him from the point of view of other characters. notably, the priest in MoS and the flood victims in BvS. Snyder's not deifying him - the people of Clark's world are.
>>
>>67888575
>>67888622
>>67888701

Notice how everyone keeps talking about how this Superman never smiles? It's because he knows people are starting to look at him as the "man in the sky" that solves all their problems. In the fire rescue, the crowd reaches out to him in religious reverence, their faces painted as skulls. This is both a portent of the peril of his embracing the godhood they offer and a callback to his vision from MoS.
>>
>>67883401
>don't pretend it's not
stoped right there
go back to .reddit you massive faggot OP
>>
>>67888701
>>67888770
This and tons more. It's the most comic-book comic book movie ever made.
>>
File: marvel.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67883401
START LIKING MY MOVIES STOP LIKING ANYTHING I DONT LIKE
>>
>>67888622
OK, I've provided some examples. Now would you be so kind as to explain what Lex's motivation is? I bet you missed that, too.
>>
>>67887914
>, blunt, obvious, preachy use of metaphor.

And yet people didnt get the prometheus thing or the Ubermench stuff.
>>
>>67883401
Well me personally I was in it for Batman, and I was able to walk away pleased with that. Snyder is a shit director who thinks he's some genius artist, like pollack and warhol did, when in reality he's a hack. The solo Bat films helmed by Ben will make up for this. And yes I am aware of Snyders comments saying Affleck might not be able to handle that but who cares what he has to say?
>>
>>67888575
>>67888701
>>67888770
>>67888919

Get it?
>>
>>67888948
You care, anon. You care.
>>
>>67888701
>>67888770
You really believe that this is super deep and you're not proving OP's point, don't you?
>>
>>67888701
so the visual imagery that portrays him as a christ figure is supposed to actually protray his internal struggle to not be a god? No that just doesnt hold water at all.

What you apparently don't realise is that jesus rejected his destiny upon finding out about it, I suppose you never read the bible, his story is pretty much jesus's story, chosen son, sent to earth to save it, spents his life avoiding his destiny, manual labourer, finally embraces his destiny and ultimately dies for us all.

>is resurrected three days later

What makes supes super? it's who his father is, actually. both jor el and pa kent made him into who he is. particularly in the snyder ones pa kent is who teaches him to be kind, merciful, basically jesus like.
>>
>>67888701
and in what universe are the characters in a movie not directed by its director? saying
>snyder's not deifying him - the people of Clark's world are.
is possibly the dumbest thing ive ever heard, hang on, are you implying that the characters that he chose took on a life of their own and decided to present themselves to camera in a completely different way to what snyder wanted? was it just divine providence that the shots lined up in such a way that the during the conversation with the priest there was literally a picture of jesus on a stained glass window in the background?

>lack of source
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=snyder+superman+jesus
i figured that as an avid fan you would have paid attention to the director and any interview he might do, ill try to spoonfeed a little more in future

>>67888770
he never smiles because he does not want his destiny, he rejects it, just like jesus did, the people reach out to him in religious reverence, no argument there, because he is a christ like figure.

also
>skulls
>not a blunt metaphor for death
jesus, he even sticks it in every single one of his movies, 300, watchmen, and superman all have piles of skulls, all representing mortality in some way or another
>>
>>67889151
He falls into the the idiots who don't realise they are idiots category, I'm afraid
>>
File: justin.jpg (14 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
justin.jpg
14 KB, 480x270
>>67889151
>if you disagree with OP then you are proving his point
Canada pls
>>
>>67889309
more like
>if you clumsily misinterpret BvS then you prove OPs point
America pls
>>
>>67888957
>that'll learn him
>>
>>67889335
OP stop. this is sad
>>
>>67889366
The long posts are me, the short ones aren't
>>
>>67889441
also im guzzling 3 cocks right now! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU ARE A PLEB
>>
>>67889533
>implying i dont love cock
>>
>>67883401
>Unfortunately bvs has attracted the worst kind of idiots, the idiots who don't realise they are idiots.

preach brother preach!
>>
Not a single one has made a compelling argument as to why this movie is "shit". You're all just a bunch of meme spouting idiots. Only true complaint is that the scenes were are over the place and could have been done better. Aside from that the movie was pretty well made.

Every single one of you just love to hate it because it's a superhero movie. It's pathetic.
>>
Well the people who mostly post on this board were what 10-12 years old when TDK came out? They have no cultural frame of reference from before the 'le ebin nerd xD' culture became mainstream.

Why would they feel the need to value high art when they perfectly accessible Zack Snyder joints to pretentiously crib Pietas for them, giving them the illusion of having learned something?
>>
>>67890979
>high art
What exactly do you consider high art?
>>
>>67883401
Am I the only one who found the scene where Wonder Woman entered cool as fuck?
The music in that scene was really cool too
>>
>>67891221
IMO they should have changed her theme after the reveal. It worked well for the photo and the batman saving, but after that it felt a little bit off.
>>
File: THIS GUY.png (176 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
THIS GUY.png
176 KB, 200x200
>>67883401
>Unfortunately bvs has attracted the worst kind of idiots, the idiots who don't realise they are idiots.
>>
File: Wonder Woman producers.jpg (49 KB, 698x400) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman producers.jpg
49 KB, 698x400
>>67891221
Yeah, you and the other idiots, the idiots who don't realise they are idiots
>>
superman and batman both got fat while wonder woman looks like a skeleton
>>
>>67891221
>The music in that scene was really cool too

>uhntiss uhntiss uhntiss blee bloop bloop bleeeee
>"I thought she was with y--" UHNTISS BLEEP BLOOP BLOOP BLEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67891341
Great opinion m8
>>
>>67891357
What the fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>67891303
Yeah I agree, but it worked really well when she showed up. I think it would've been alot better if the guitar riff (I think) was louder, or more active.
>>
>>67883401

Starship Troopers isn't satire.
>>
>>67891705
Electric cello.
>when she showed up
Yeah thats what I meant by batman saving bit. It was great for that.
>>
>>67891313
op stop
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.