[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Gods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: ian mcshane.jpg (359 KB, 2048x1441) Image search: [Google]
ian mcshane.jpg
359 KB, 2048x1441
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ian-mcshane-star-american-gods-872269

So this is a thing now, and I fucking love it. Who /hype/ here?
>>
>>67881121
Hype as a muthafookin beast, mate
>>
>>67882398
>>67881121
The books good I assume?

Should I read it before the movie?
>>
>>67881121
>Neil Gaiman
Possibly the worst fiction writer in modern history. Below John Green, and I mean that seriously
>>
>>67882448
Its terrible, this is going to suck dick
>>
>>67882448
It's to be a TV series. I liked the idea of the book, just not the writing. Not that the actual writing is bad, I just didn't like the type of writing.

The book is kind of written episodically too so not sure how popular that will be for a TV show even if McShane has me hyped.
>>
>>67881121
Shits going to be awesome. Mcshane and Browning are like on the opposite ends of the acting spectrum from each other
>>
>>67882448
A lot of people praise it as Gaiman's best work, but it really isn't. Hell, it's not even as good as The Graveyard Book.
>>
>>67882608
This plus Fuller, I'm totally hyped.
>>
>>67882492
He is pretty good. I like that one story of his where a person gets stuck in some weird and different world and has an adventure and then at the end has a choice to stay there or return to regular word
>>
>Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough and looked don't-fuck-with-me enough that his biggest problem was killing time. So he kept himself in shape, and taught himself coin tricks, and thought a lot about how much he loved his wife.
It reads like an edgy middle schooler's attempt at creative writing. He actually named his protagonist "Shadow" ffs
>>
>>67882690
Neil Gayman used to write funny books. This was one of his first attempts at writing a real book
>>
>>67882690
They'll probably say it's a nickname he picked up or something.

Makes me wonder how they'll handle Low Key though
>>
Got halfway through the book and got bored tbf
>>
>>67882850
I was only able to get through it because I was on vacation and had no good wi-fi

I was sort of glad to have read it (especially with the upcoming series) but not happy to read it
>>
>>67882690
Yeah and the real Odins son is named Baldur, i.e. Light. But i am sire this has nothing to do wirh the namechoice....
>>
>>67882947

Sounds like a show that will really make you think.
>>
Dropped the book when Shadow starts watching I Love Lucy creepypasta. What a piece of overhyped garbage.
>>
MC got cucked, /tv/ will fucking love this
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.