[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just got around to watching this. What is everyone's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: birdman.jpg (51 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
birdman.jpg
51 KB, 720x405
So I just got around to watching this.
What is everyone's opinion?
>>
True kino
>>
I love it, but /tv/ shits on it for some odd reason.
>>
>>67880899
Fairly good but not great.
>>
>>67880938
Because it shits on their beloved capeshit
>>
>>67880938
Because capecucks are 95% on /tv/, so obviously Reality Check: The film, will trigger them.
>>
It was cool to watch.

Great acting. Great direction.

Got a bit up its own ass in a few scenes, and the purposefully ambiguous ending felt lazy as fuck. But whatever.
>>
>>67880950
I figured.
I love when he's flying behind him giving him that speech haha. He knows capeshit gets a billion worldwide! Guaranteed
>>
I feel like the one shot camera look made this movie and without it it would be bland
>>
>>67880899
form your own you fucking millennial
>>
Pretentious as fuck but still enjoyable
>>
>>67880899
It sucks ass...
>>
File: 1450487622493.jpg (75 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1450487622493.jpg
75 KB, 601x601
But my capeshit is art, is not funny when they make fun of it. B-Birdman is pretentious.
>>
masturbatory boring shit for film makers and wannabes
its schtick is there is no cut in the movie or something
>>
every Best Picture winner makes me distrust the Oscars more and more and this was no exception
>>
birdman? more like tour-de-forced

the virtuosity on display evidently is enough for many to praise this stunt to the sky, but even that virtue isn't all it's cracked up to be: a lot of the performances suffer as the result of the long-take format. keaton's teeth-grinding approach is up and down, and emma stone appears completely lost without the editorial control afforded by traditional cutting. (norton on the other hand is a force of nature and puts everyone else in the cast to shame)
the script is riddled with "punchy" lines that whiff terribly, and the "enigmatic" final shot is a copout (especially frustrating because the film teases us over and over again with faux-suicides).

but mostworst is that the film is a daisy chain of potshots. this is meant to be an "incisive" film but it's more like a manic stabbing at an empty pillowcase with a butterknife. what exactly is this film's perspective, besides the fact that everyone and everything is riddled with bullshit? the only truth "birdman" actually clarifies is that inarritu's purview is hopelessly jaundiced and pathetic. this junk isn't really inside riggan thompson's head (despite the gimmick-laden scenes of "introspection"), it's just underneath his wig. a simpleminded piece of unenjoyable trash whose countless shortcomings are masked by competent execution of choices made in the pre-production process, and in some ways one of 2014s worst releases.
>>
>>67882231
You're already wired to hate them, whatever they may be.
>>
>>67880950
>>67881019
I don't get it, how does this movie shit on capeshit? Sure, Riggan at first hated being associated with Birdman and was obsessed with MUH ART. Then he stops giving a shit and embraces his reputation. If anything it shits on those who cry about capeshit and how movies should only be about art.
>>
enjoyed it
>>
>>67880899
overrated as fuck but definitely a good movie
>>
I wish cape tourists would leave
>>
alejandro gonzalez iƱarritu is a hack
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.