[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
<In preparation for her role Kristen Stewart learned how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
<In preparation for her role Kristen Stewart learned how to pole dance, deprived herself of sleep, chain-smoked, and ate mostly junk food. As a result Stewart's body and legs were covered with bruises, her skin was blemished, and she constantly looked tired. Director Jake Scott praised Stewart's dedication because she was so willing to allow herself to subordinate her physical appearance for the role.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1183923/trivia?ref_=m_tt_trv_trv

Who are some actresses who have had to go through drastic changes in appearance to prepare for a role?
>>
I don't know but I jerked off to her in this movie
>>
Why does she need to do all that, cant she you know

act?
>>
>Kristen Stewart learned how to pole dance, deprived herself of sleep, chain-smoked, and ate mostly junk food

sounds like an average night for her tho
>>
>>67880445
><
dumb faggot OP can't even meme arrow correctly.
>>
>>67880445
>Who are some actresses who have had to go through drastic changes in appearance to prepare for a role?

and she looked the exact same as she always have
>>
>>67880445
Hershlag and Demi shaved their heads for V for Vendetta and GI Jane

Did Ricci get beat up on Black Snake Moan?

oh yeah,
Maria Schnieder in Last Tango in Paris
>butter
>>
i wish she wore no panties for her scene where she straddled mr soprano then we would have seen her hairy pussy slit and up her butt hole
>>
>>67880533
Actually, no she can't. And she knows it. So she dedicated herself to the role. Pretty impressive really.
>>
>>67880723
>shaved their heads
so brave
>>
>>67880445
Dude fuckin nice. I will, I WILL, see this now.
>>
>>67880445
>waifuing a lesbian
for what purpose?
>>
>>67880723
Yeah, Brando just full on raped her and Bertolucci just kept it in the cut. Theaters all over the world. All the videos dvds blu-rays copies etc. Happened.
>>
File: sans-titre-1.png (406 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
sans-titre-1.png
406 KB, 600x597
Is she an art actress now?
>>
>>67881179
yeah, because otherwise she'd totally fuck you lmao
>>
>>67880445
As bad an actress she is, I gotta give her a lot of respect.

>Knows full well she can't act, so takes drastic measures to make up for it
>Doesn't put her whole life on display like an attention whore
>Slams idiots like Jennifer Lawrence for bitching while still accepting the pay checks
>Didn't try to act self-important about Twilight like that faggot Parterson, and accepted that she was in it and doesn't act artsy about it

Stewart is based as fuck.
>>
>>67881253
>>Didn't try to act self-important about Twilight like that faggot Parterson, and accepted that she was in it and doesn't act artsy about it
What? PAtterson shat on Twilight
>>
>>67881253
Only because she's too busy drowning in drugs and pussy to care. Like most of Hollywoods b-list male talent.
>>
>>67880445
How about you try acting?

Only preparation needed is maintaining physical fitness or lack thereof to fit the role. This whole stay awake for 2 days or eat real horse cocks is just fannying about.
>>
>>67881303
That's what I mean. Patterson has to always make sure all the time that everyone knows he wasn't trying. Stewart doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>67880445
Charlize Theron wore make up to make herself look ugly in Monster which is totally the same thing as Bale's role in The Machinist, shitlord. EQUAL PAY! EQUAL PAY!
>>
File: youguys.jpg (34 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
youguys.jpg
34 KB, 512x288
>>67881195
I didn't say "rape", or "full on"

>>67881132
I didn't say "brave"
how old were you in 97?
do you remember Demi shaving her head?
yeah, didn't think so.

learn to read, fags. and try to stay on topic.

also, I'm the only post that actually contributed. unless you want to count bitching about K-stew's acting.
>>
>>67881464
PS. and forgive me, it's been a few years since I've been on /tv/ for any significant length of time, and since I've actually commented in a thread instead of lurking.

I realize at this point, no one is going to talk about challenging female roles.

this thread will be a bitchfest of how WOMEN WLL NEVERR UNDER STAND THIS MOVIE AND CAN'T ACT BECAUSE OF NOT HAVING BALLSACKS. LET'S ALL START sucking DDL and Christian Bales cocks again!!!! how they SUFFER!
>>
>>67881593
>challenging female roles.
What fucking roles? Name one movie when a woman did anything that Fassbender or Phoenix hasn't done already.
>>
>>67880445
>In preparation for her role Kristen Stewart learned how to pole dance, deprived herself of sleep, chain-smoked, and ate mostly junk food.
I thought that was already her thing
>>
>>67881376
she also gained a tone of weight.
>>
>>67881464
Dude I'm saying it's incredible that he full on raped her and they just kept it in the film.
I wasn't questioning anything you said, it's all good.
>>
>>67882119
ton*
>>
>>67881376
Bale has made it SO obvious that it's a terrible struggle and demanding and SO difficult for him to gain weight or lose weight for roles, right? how did that guy DO THAT?!?!

yeah, Charlize and her make-up. inhabiting the role of a girl who was raped by family members before she was a teenager, didn't graduate highschool, had to live in the woods, had to become a prostitute, never had a real relationship, had anti-social personality disorder and borderline personality disorder, and shot a bunch of guys dead before the end of it all. not to mention she gained thirty pounds and performed the role with prosthetic teeth in her mouth.

what a shitlord. equal pay! equal pay! that's what Ebert said about her role, too.

oh wait, no. Ebert called her performance "ONE OF THE GREATEST IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA"

don't believe me? read his review, here:

includes some bullshit like this, too
>the performance is so focused and intense that it becomes a fact of life. Observe the way Theron controls her eyes in the film; there is not a flicker of inattention, as she urgently communicates what she is feeling and thinking. There's the uncanny sensation that Theron has forgotten the camera and the script and is directly channeling her ideas about Aileen Wuornos. She has made herself the instrument of this character.
>Aileen's body language is frightening and fascinating. She doesn't know how to occupy her body. Watch Theron as she goes through a repertory of little arm straightenings and body adjustments and head tosses and hair touchings, as she nervously tries to shake out her nervousness and look at ease. Observe her smoking technique; she handles her cigarettes with the self-conscious bravado of a 13-year-old trying to impress a kid. And note that there is only one moment in the movie where she seems relaxed and at peace with herself; you will know the scene, and it will explain itself. This is one of the greatest performances in the history of the cinema.
>>
>>67882072
She had to do the stripping for men those times.
>>
>>67882152
Wow, she gained weight and use fake teeth, she totally deserved that Oscar!
>there will never be a female equivalent of DDL or Phoenix
>>
File: wat.jpg (39 KB, 600x728) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
39 KB, 600x728
>>67882145
sorry, bro. you sounded pretty sarcastic to me. and with the overall plebtastic views in every other comment... speaking of which

>>67882000
seriously dude?
you ask "what fucking (challenging female) roles?
you think they're aren't any worth mentioning because of how much you want to suck Fassbender and Phoenix's dick.

yeah, I saw Fassbender in Shame, and Pheonix in The Master. Just to name two of THEIR roles.

how bout, off the top of my head here, have they ever had to play the part of a woman arrested by Nazi's and upon entering the camp must chose which of her children will go directly to be gassed, and which will live with her - in the camp?
oh and that's just the past, of course. most of the movie is years later for this character and her choice (Sophie's choice, if you numbskulls still don't know) is a terrible secret she's lived with for years that she's never been able to recover from.

if you guys just post on TV for memes and to bitch about women because they won't fuck you while you honor your waifus in your hebephile threads... that's cool. i'm just not going to try to talk movies with you anymore.

but if any of you isn't a dumb kid, and can actually think outside the basement long enough to see that SOME women have actually played SOME TOUGH roles, I'll be happy to reply to you in this thread.

>>67882352
really? that's your comeback. still not a single role of any woman can be compared to "DLL or Phoenix"? AGAIN you can't even name roles y them (as I did) that you're so impressed by.
>>
>>67882519
look, i realize OP mentioned what "drastic changes in appearance" have actresses had to do... I was already fighting an uphill battle, so I thought of some women's roles that were difficult physically (Ricci in Black Snake Moan, Theron) AND emotionally.

there just aren't a lot of women's roles that REQUIRE changes in appearance.

think about it. really.

theron gains 30 lbs and does the entire movie (which is her in every scene) with prosthetics but that's complete bullshit to you guys? but if DDL walks with a limp and stays in character for the duration of the film it's NOT bullshit?

I don't see why you can't admit they're both great performers. (well I can, but I don't need to go on tearing into you guys about what awful people you are any further)

women have to be beautiful in movies, obviously. famous actresses aren't known for being ugly or having to bulk up to play a bad-ass. I won't get into how things get worse as men and women age for working as an actor... just sticking to ROLES. roles that required a lot of drastic.. STUFF.. to deal with.

again, if none of you can come up with a single female performance in the history of ALL cinema worth mentioning, I'm out.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.